Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

lost in nightmares

Go down 
+7
nekronuke
Spike991
Godzilla90s
Soul
weskersbarber
RubberDonut
Jamesy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

lost in nightmares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:22 pm

Yeah, I was a little confused by that too. I mean, Tricell worked directly WITH Umbrella specifally on DNA-altering viruses and with the creation of B.O.W.s, they tried to modify the Lickers to create more powerful ones (i.e., Licker β), but they don't even touch the most profitable and popular B.O.W. on the market, the Tyrant? In fact, despite working with Umbrella, they don't even touch on any of the other B.O.W.s that Umbrella is known for.

Since Excella was in charge of the entire B.O.W. operation in Tricell, I'd assume she'd be the reason for that, but why? Or maybe Capcom just wanted to not seem like they were clinging to their roots to tightly, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Yeah, I was a little confused by that too. I mean, Tricell worked directly WITH Umbrella specifally on DNA-altering viruses and with the creation of B.O.W.s, they tried to modify the Lickers to create more powerful ones (i.e., Licker β), but they don't even touch the most profitable and popular B.O.W. on the market, the Tyrant? In fact, despite working with Umbrella, they don't even touch on any of the other B.O.W.s that Umbrella is known for.

Since Excella was in charge of the entire B.O.W. operation in Tricell, I'd assume she'd be the reason for that, but why? Or maybe Capcom just wanted to not seem like they were clinging to their roots to tightly, I don't know.

TRICELL didn't work with Umbrella.

Yeah, the Tyrant was definately a BOW that would bring in some profit...shame they didn't use them.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Maybe it'll be used in RE6, the rest of the IVANS, or perhaps Communist China marshalling an army of T-103's?
Back to top Go down
DjKniteX
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:16 pm

Lost in Nightmares was alright, it was like a suspenseful puzzle game, but it was worth the 5$ with the additional costumes, and an ad-on chapter

I beat it within an hour or so on the ps3.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:59 am

God guys, it's really sad.
Desperate Escape flows as a chapter of RE5 no duh, but LiN is far of a polar opposite of the rest of the game it's just weird it even being there.
Added it feels right, but it's like I've been saying over and over.
LiN is how RE should be; retaining the over gameplay and gunplay mechanics of 4 & 5 while keeping the puzzle solving and over all suspense and eeriness of a true Survival Horror game.

-sad sigh-
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:22 pm

Soul wrote:
Desperate Escape flows as a chapter of RE5 no duh, but LiN is far of a polar opposite of the rest of the game it's just weird it even being there.
LiN is how RE should be; retaining the over gameplay and gunplay mechanics of 4 & 5 while keeping the puzzle solving and over all suspense and eeriness of a true Survival Horror game.

-sad sigh-

LiN was really cool, but 4 and 5 had a lot of puzzles. I'm watching a buddy of mine play RE 4 right now, and I'm watching him go through that garden maze, which is a definite puzzle. Plus, in 5, there's quite a few of those door puzzles where you have to get the pieces of the keys (like the three symbols in the ancient ruins area and the three pieces of that one symbol in the marshlands) along with that laser puzzle.

While Resident Evils 4 and 5 were more action oriented, it had puzzles like any of the other games.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Soul wrote:

-sad sigh-

LiN was really cool, but 4 and 5 had a lot of puzzles. I'm watching a buddy of mine play RE 4 right now, and I'm watching him go through that garden maze, which is a definite puzzle. Plus, in 5, there's quite a few of those door puzzles where you have to get the pieces of the keys (like the three symbols in the ancient ruins area and the three pieces of that one symbol in the marshlands) along with that laser puzzle.

While Resident Evils 4 and 5 were more action oriented, it had puzzles like any of the other games.

Yeah, I think alot of people get so used to talking bad about RE4 & RE5, and only remember the complaints, and forget all of the good stuff. As for "action oriented", the games had been becoming more action oriented for awhile, definately with RE3.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Yeah, I think alot of people get so used to talking bad about RE4 & RE5, and only remember the complaints, and forget all of the good stuff. As for "action oriented", the games had been becoming more action oriented for awhile, definately with RE3.

While I haven't played RE3 yet, I'm sure you're right about that much. 4 and 5 were definitely more action than the predecessors, though. more focused on killing enemies than evading them, large scale assaults than individual terrifying enemies.

However, they were indeed great games.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

While I haven't played RE3 yet, I'm sure you're right about that much. 4 and 5 were definitely more action than the predecessors, though. more focused on killing enemies than evading them, large scale assaults than individual terrifying enemies.

However, they were indeed great games.

As the series has evolved, it has grown along with the characters, and as each character has experienced more of these bio-terror events, they are able to handle them better, thus making fighting a single zombie(or the ganado or majini equivilant) becomes tedious, and not even worth it, so adding in more enemies made sense. I mean can you imagine fighting a single majini in a hall? It wouldn't be worth it. Fighting a Crimson Head in the REmake was tough, but fighting them with the same character 10 years later, like RE5, would be a bit different, they would still keep you on your toes if they were as intense and vicous, but more would be something that would pretty much be there.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Spike991 wrote:
As the series has evolved, it has grown along with the characters, and as each character has experienced more of these bio-terror events, they are able to handle them better, thus making fighting a single zombie(or the ganado or majini equivilant) becomes tedious, and not even worth it, so adding in more enemies made sense. I mean can you imagine fighting a single majini in a hall? It wouldn't be worth it. Fighting a Crimson Head in the REmake was tough, but fighting them with the same character 10 years later, like RE5, would be a bit different, they would still keep you on your toes if they were as intense and vicous, but more would be something that would pretty much be there.

That's why you allow the enemies to evolve with the characters, am I right? The Ganados were a major evolution from standard zombies, and while the Majini were a minor step forward, they were slightly more difficult than Ganados. As the characters grow in ability, so much the enemies.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

That's why you allow the enemies to evolve with the characters, am I right? The Ganados were a major evolution from standard zombies, and while the Majini were a minor step forward, they were slightly more difficult than Ganados. As the characters grow in ability, so much the enemies.

Exactly. Everything has evolved, and most of it for the better.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Moonknight67 wrote:

So conceivably if they were trying to go back to the roots with RE6 and make each enemy a more vital threat, wouldn't they make the enemies powerful enough to be useful for that purpose?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Moonknight67 wrote:

So conceivably if they were trying to go back to the roots with RE6 and make each enemy a more vital threat, wouldn't they make the enemies powerful enough to be useful for that purpose?

What do you mean by roots?

When people say roots, perhaps they mean the first game, in which you were unprepared to handle the enemies, they were that much more intimidating...

Obviously in RE5, if you were playing against only Reapers, that would be considerably tougher, we are just able to handle the ordinary ones easy enough.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Spike991 wrote:

When people say roots, perhaps they mean the first game, in which you were unprepared to handle the enemies, they were that much more intimidating...

Obviously in RE5, if you were playing against only Reapers, that would be considerably tougher, we are just able to handle the ordinary ones easy enough.

That's precisely what I meant. If they removed the weaker creatures like zombies, or even the Ganados and Majini and left you with just the more powerful parasite creatures such as the Reapers, J.J.s, or Chainsaw creatures, it would make the game considerably tougher and more intense than the fifth. Look at LiN, the only enemy you really had (besides those stupid Progenitor Zombies) was the Guardian, an enormous, nearly indestructible, acid throwing creature that stalked you, killed you one hit, and basically made you run with your tail between your legs. Always.

They could definitely do that on a larger scale with the next Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

That's precisely what I meant. If they removed the weaker creatures like zombies, or even the Ganados and Majini and left you with just the more powerful parasite creatures such as the Reapers, J.J.s, or Chainsaw creatures, it would make the game considerably tougher and more intense than the fifth. Look at LiN, the only enemy you really had (besides those stupid Progenitor Zombies) was the Guardian, an enormous, nearly indestructible, acid throwing creature that stalked you, killed you one hit, and basically made you run with your tail between your legs. Always.

They could definitely do that on a larger scale with the next Resident Evil.

Well it is kind of lame to go back to the beginning, if you already did that, many times over. We the fans evolve with the characters, we are no longer impressed by dumb, slow zombies, although Crimson Heads definately suffice. We become desynthesized to the lame mutations, we need grotescque and creepy ones, like Irving, Irons, and Sergei. They can use slow zombies, as they exist in RE, but mix it up with more intimidating enemies.Smile
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:13 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Well it is kind of lame to go back to the beginning, if you already did that, many times over. We the fans evolve with the characters, we are no longer impressed by dumb, slow zombies, although Crimson Heads definately suffice. We become desynthesized to the lame mutations, we need grotescque and creepy ones, like Irving, Irons, and Sergei. They can use slow zombies, as they exist in RE, but mix it up with more intimidating enemies.Smile

Or maybe evolve the original slow zombies, make them more deadly in some way or another?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Or maybe evolve the original slow zombies, make them more deadly in some way or another?

Like V-Acts, that always amped up the gameplay, and adding in the self-defense items, like the little letter-opener, the flash grenade, and the stun gun.Smile
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:59 pm

They could even make it more like Outbreak, where you could use normal items around you as weapons.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:15 pm

I for one liked the slow zombies in the remake. crap controllers made it even more fun and scary.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:54 pm

Yeah, but they don't have crap controllers anymore. o.O

Basically it's just PS3 vs. 360.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:20 pm

If the controllers were good in RE5 I will eat my laptop.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Jamesy wrote:
If the controllers were good in RE5 I will eat my laptop.

i thought they were good.so maybe you should eat your laptop. do you remember we had this debate before jamesy about eating laptops
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Oh yeah I remember that debate that happened almost a year ago now lol.

Anyway RE5 was criticised for not being able to run and shoot and lets face it the control system is rather dated compared to newer action games.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:57 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Anyway RE5 was criticised for not being able to run and shoot and lets face it the control system is rather dated compared to newer action games.

Except that Resident Evil isn't an action game, never was.

It's unfair to categorize it with games like Halo, Call of Duty, or Borderlands.

It's in its own little genre.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:31 am

Moonknight67 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Except that Resident Evil isn't an action game, never was.

It's unfair to categorize it with games like Halo, Call of Duty, or Borderlands.

It's in its own little genre.
what genre is that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lost in nightmares   lost in nightmares - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

lost in nightmares
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next