Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE5 Racism Changes... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE5 Racism Changes... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE5 Racism Changes... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE5 Racism Changes... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE5 Racism Changes... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE5 Racism Changes...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE5 Racism Changes... Empty
PostSubject: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 10:30 am

Did anyone else notice a bunch of changes in RE5, as a result of people like N'Gai Croal making derogatory remarks towards RE5, from the first two trailers no less...

Of course we couldn't see the enemies in the first trailer, it were darkened out by the shadow and dust, but the second one looked pretty nice, but obviously after the claims there were alot of multiracial enemies to be seen...

And the scene where Alyson(I think that is her name, the one is the Red Dress anyway) is screaming for help from Chris & Sheva, a majini grabs her and drags her back inside...but the one majini that grabbed her was white....obviously put there on purpose...

Sheva Alomar was given a large role in the game, and alot of emphasis was put on her being your "partner", and I feel that this is something that was added in for obvious reasons.Sad There was in fact a scene that shows Chis being attacked by one of the first Majini he sees, and it was just him in the room, but of course in the finished game he had Ms. Alomar at his side...

Did anyone else notice little things like this that just grinded your gears, or is it just me?Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 10:48 am

I'm sure that Sheva being your partner was part of the game since pre-production. Adding in all the AI code and programming her would not be something they would just add in, no matter how many racial comments they received. But other things I noticed, yes. It never really bothered me. The only thing that bothers me is how much black people use the race card. It's becoming its own social problem here. Someone needs to tell them that if they weren't a slave in their lifetime, then they need to calm down.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 10:56 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I'm sure that Sheva being your partner was part of the game since pre-production. Adding in all the AI code and programming her would not be something they would just add in, no matter how many racial comments they received. But other things I noticed, yes. It never really bothered me. The only thing that bothers me is how much black people use the race card. It's becoming its own social problem here. Someone needs to tell them that if they weren't a slave in their lifetime, then they need to calm down.

I don't think that Sheva as put in there as the racist claims started, but what I am saying probably happened was that her role was expanded....

She just came in and had a really huge role, without us even getting to know her character, and I think there was a reason for this..

She does have a small scene where she says that Umbrella was the cause for some of her prior troubles, but I just feel like her role was made larger later on, and not in the beginning...

A good example of how Capcom did it right was with Billy Coen, as I really didn't care for him in the least bit, but after playing RE0 and seeing the stuff about his past I was really won over by him, and he is currently up in my top 10 favorite characters.Smile
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:14 am

Idk... I wouldnt say shes in just cos of that... Game would be really hard to pass without partner...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 1:17 pm

frodomir wrote:
Idk... I wouldnt say shes in just cos of that... Game would be really hard to pass without partner...

Yeah I wasn't saying that was the only reason she was there, as her being familiar with the area and being part of BSAA in that part of the world is logical, but how large her role was seems illogical...

And I personally would have preferred going through alone...there were plenty of times when I died as a result of her, or that I died because I found myself unable to do anything except for limp around and wait for her...

Otherwise she was okay.Smile

It just seems like her role was expanded from a minor one to a major one for making the game seem a bit more fair, racially that is...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm gonna disagree. I think Sheva turned out exactly how Capcom wanted her to turn out all along. If they are going to give us a partner, then it's very logical that she has a huge role in the game. I know that what you're saying is that for such a large role, she didn't come across as someone you care about. If you feel that way, then it's probably just because what Capcom wanted to do, wasn't what they should have done with her character. I personally have no problem with her character but I don't really critique these kinds of things so what you are saying is more than likely correct. I just don't think that they changed her character at all because of the racial tension. They did however make her left-handed to be sensitive to all of the left-handed people in the world. Razz
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 4:50 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I'm gonna disagree. I think Sheva turned out exactly how Capcom wanted her to turn out all along. If they are going to give us a partner, then it's very logical that she has a huge role in the game. I know that what you're saying is that for such a large role, she didn't come across as someone you care about. If you feel that way, then it's probably just because what Capcom wanted to do, wasn't what they should have done with her character. I personally have no problem with her character but I don't really critique these kinds of things so what you are saying is more than likely correct. I just don't think that they changed her character at all because of the racial tension. They did however make her left-handed to be sensitive to all of the left-handed people in the world. Razz

I am not saying they changed her character, just that her role seemed to be expanded and much larger as a result of the claims...

It isn't so much that I didn't care for her character, since I do consider her a nice addition to the series, just that they sort of forced her on us, and forced us to bond with her, and I don't think it really works like that, other characters have had to win us over in one way or another and it seems like they put too much emphasis on her being your partner...
Back to top Go down
Indiana Jones
Zombie
Zombie
Indiana Jones

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:07 pm

I dont think it was oringally going to be coop, although I liked Sheva alot, I think spikes semi-right for the reason she was made a leading role, because frankly, It kind of caught me off guard that a new character would be working with Chris, infact everybody thought it was Jill with a tan from the first pics.

Oh yes, and that thing about the white guy dragging the girl away, I was just talking about that today with my friends, I noticed that a while back, and think it was stupid that they did that. Nevertheless, they just wanted to avoid any problems, eventhough it wasnt racist to begin with, and more of just people making moutains out of mole hills IMO
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Naah, I dont think so, crazy Japs (No offense) didnt think about it...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Indiana Jones wrote:
I dont think it was oringally going to be coop, although I liked Sheva alot, I think spikes semi-right for the reason she was made a leading role, because frankly, It kind of caught me off guard that a new character would be working with Chris, infact everybody thought it was Jill with a tan from the first pics.

Oh yes, and that thing about the white guy dragging the girl away, I was just talking about that today with my friends, I noticed that a while back, and think it was stupid that they did that. Nevertheless, they just wanted to avoid any problems, eventhough it wasnt racist to begin with, and more of just people making moutains out of mole hills IMO

Yeah from the first few pics of Sheva, from behind, I thought it was Claire with a tan, as I didn't think that Chris & Claire would have split up after all of that stuff they both went through to find eachother.Smile

And I hated seeing that they used one of the white Majini for dragging her away...and Capcom knew they were wrong for that too, they made that Majini guy looking down and all ashamed...

You know what is wierd is I remember reading something, some kind of board for rating games or something, and it was in the UK I believe, but they said the scene where a black man was dragging away a white woman, or something like that, and how it was not racist and that they were okay with it, that was nice to hear, but it seems that if it was originally a black Majini the it was changed before the game was released...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:21 pm

Indiana: I definitely think RE5 was meant to be coop since before the dawn of time. Making a game coop with a whole new character as your partner isn't something they would have just thrown in at random. They had it planned.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:27 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Indiana: I definitely think RE5 was meant to be coop since before the dawn of time. Making a game coop with a whole new character as your partner isn't something they would have just thrown in at random. They had it planned.

I don't know if they had always intended for it to be co-op like it is...

I mean why would they decide to cheapen one of the most memorable rivalries by adding in someone that has no business there?

I bet they did a reversal of RE2, as in RE2 Marvin Branagh as originally meant to have a large role, then it was downsized, it seems like Sheva's role in RE5 may have been upgraded from the original spot...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:32 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

I don't know if they had always intended for it to be co-op like it is...

I mean why would they decide to cheapen one of the most memorable rivalries by adding in someone that has no business there?

I bet they did a reversal of RE2, as in RE2 Marvin Branagh as originally meant to have a large role, then it was downsized, it seems like Sheva's role in RE5 may have been upgraded from the original spot...

It's easier to downsize than it is to upgrade. I think people are just sore that Jill wasn't a huge player here. I don't think they cheapened the rivalry. Chris needed someone else to watch his back. In the first fight with Wesker, it was Chris and Wesker 1 on 1. Wesker dillydallied too much and wasn't rewarded for it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:39 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
It's easier to downsize than it is to upgrade. I think people are just sore that Jill wasn't a huge player here. I don't think they cheapened the rivalry. Chris needed someone else to watch his back. In the first fight with Wesker, it was Chris and Wesker 1 on 1. Wesker dillydallied too much and wasn't rewarded for it.

Well as they say it is easier to dig a hole than to build a pole.Smile

Anyway I wasn't upset that Jill had a small appearance, I was very pleased with her role. I have been expecting, no actually I have been eagerly awaiting the final fight with Chris and Wesker, and I feel we were cheated out of something great, having to hold Sheva's hand the whole time...it was nice using teamwork to grab the opponent and do a combo or little things like that, but I would have been more satisfyed doing a fight similar to the one with Krauser in RE4, where you do those button commands to dodge moves. We could have easily had a cool fight where Wesker uses his powers to run circles around you and you have to use smarts to defeat him, much like CVX.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:42 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Well as they say it is easier to dig a hole than to build a pole.Smile

Anyway I wasn't upset that Jill had a small appearance, I was very pleased with her role. I have been expecting, no actually I have been eagerly awaiting the final fight with Chris and Wesker, and I feel we were cheated out of something great, having to hold Sheva's hand the whole time...it was nice using teamwork to grab the opponent and do a combo or little things like that, but I would have been more satisfyed doing a fight similar to the one with Krauser in RE4, where you do those button commands to dodge moves. We could have easily had a cool fight where Wesker uses his powers to run circles around you and you have to use smarts to defeat him, much like CVX.Smile

Well if you really think about it, Wesker was just too damn powerful. If he really wanted to, he could have diced them both up with his eyelashes in a few seconds flat. I thought the fights with Wesker were uber awesome but I see your point. Oh well, Wesker's not dead so we still have a chance. <Let the debate begin!!!! lol.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:48 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Well if you really think about it, Wesker was just too damn powerful. If he really wanted to, he could have diced them both up with his eyelashes in a few seconds flat. I thought the fights with Wesker were uber awesome but I see your point. Oh well, Wesker's not dead so we still have a chance. <Let the debate begin!!!! lol.

He was powerful, but arrogant as a son of a bitch.Smile I think that we should give Chris a bit more credit than that.Smile

And I sure do hope he is dead, and I hope he wasn't burried in the Pet Cemetary.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:57 pm

We have to draw the line somewhere. After all, if it wasn't for Jill, there would have been no RE 5. "JIIIILLLLL!!!!!" *splat*
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:00 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
We have to draw the line somewhere. After all, if it wasn't for Jill, there would have been no RE 5. "JIIIILLLLL!!!!!" *splat*

Yeah, as that was the ultimate reason he decided to go to Africa wasn't it? To find out about Jill as he had heard some info from a reliable source...Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:03 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Yeah, as that was the ultimate reason he decided to go to Africa wasn't it? To find out about Jill as he had heard some info from a reliable source...Smile

S'what I hear. Where is this info from though? Some file I failed to read? Don't tell me it was in one of the cutscenes and I missed it like 67386865 times...
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:08 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

S'what I hear. Where is this info from though? Some file I failed to read? Don't tell me it was in one of the cutscenes and I missed it like 67386865 times...

Isn't that basically what it is hinted at in a bunch of cutscenes? He mentioned something about a new bioweapon and asked if it was just a rumor, so I am sure that and the whole Jill thing is why he went.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:15 pm

No, the rumor part is about Uruburos. I'm pretty sure that he was genuinely surprised to see Jill's picture in that report. I have been under the impression that he was sent to investigate the Uruburos rumors. I could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:17 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
No, the rumor part is about Uruburos. I'm pretty sure that he was genuinely surprised to see Jill's picture in that report. I have been under the impression that he was sent to investigate the Uruburos rumors. I could be wrong though.

Yeah that is what I said right?

I remember him asking that turban guy about the new bioweapon, asking if it was just a rumor, but I though he knew about Jill possibly being alive before he went to the east...

As he even had a flashback to Jill right after meeting Sheva, as if she were on his mind.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Yeah you could be right. I just haven't come across any hard evidence of it. She would be on his mind since they were so close. Plus he was about to get a new partner so there was probably some guilt there.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:27 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Yeah you could be right. I just haven't come across any hard evidence of it. She would be on his mind since they were so close. Plus he was about to get a new partner so there was probably some guilt there.

Yeah that is one of the things I was talking about, it was like they were trying to make her reminiscent of Jill, "look here is a new character, let's throw in a fashback of Jill", like that scene, and when Chris leaps to save her on the plane...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:29 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Yeah that is one of the things I was talking about, it was like they were trying to make her reminiscent of Jill, "look here is a new character, let's throw in a fashback of Jill", like that scene, and when Chris leaps to save her on the plane...

The plane scene was epic imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Racism Changes...   RE5 Racism Changes... Empty

Back to top Go down

RE5 Racism Changes...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next