HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.

Go down 
+18
NiteKrawler
Wesker
AnotherREfan
frodomir
PublicEnemy
kmlm13
lyfesArcanum
[BSAA]James
Lunar6000
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Ghost Leader
duralumin
Regenerator
Indiana Jones
bravotwozero007
charlieRE2
Spike991
hashmatt
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:35 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Complaining about a blonde Jill and buff Chris is also unneeded though. What the hell is the big deal?

Agreed, as there are logical reasons for both, and as far as we know Jill's condition was temporary, and as for Chris, logically in his line of work he needs to be a bit more than a twig, and after his experience on Rockfort Island I would do the same.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Voltius wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
You know, no offense to anyone here, but I can't help but laugh my ass off when people defend the survival horror to action shooter change to the death, yet cry blasphemy at Jill having blonde hair and Chris buffing up... Rolling Eyes
I agree but... I think it's becuase of this:

Horror to Action was a good change for RE as numbers and sales were slumping.

Blonde Jill, Steroids Chris was an un-needed change
Butchering the franchise and making it something it never was just to pull in the Gears/Halo crowd was in no way needed. The fact that it was slow-paced and primarily a puzzle-solving game was what made it great. Jill's blonde hair was given a logical in-game explanation and there's nothing wrong with Chris going to the gym (REmake Chris was puny anyway).

I don't see the point in "evolving" a game without doing the same thing to the characters.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Voltius wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
You know, no offense to anyone here, but I can't help but laugh my ass off when people defend the survival horror to action shooter change to the death, yet cry blasphemy at Jill having blonde hair and Chris buffing up... Rolling Eyes

Butchering the franchise and making it something it never was just to pull in the Gears/Halo crowd was in no way needed. The fact that it was slow-paced and primarily a puzzle-solving game was what made it great. Jill's blonde hair was given a logical in-game explanation and there's nothing wrong with Chris going to the gym (REmake Chris was puny anyway).

I don't see the point in "evolving" a game without doing the same thing to the characters.

I think that everything you said sums it all up pretty much, except that the first part you said make it into something it never was to get Gears and Halo fans, well it might have been some of that, especially by RE5, but that is not the only reason they changed up the pace a bit, that is just one of the not-so great reasons.Smile
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Voltius wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

I think that everything you said sums it all up pretty much, except that the first part you said make it into something it never was to get Gears and Halo fans, well it might have been some of that, especially by RE5, but that is not the only reason they changed up the pace a bit, that is just one of the not-so great reasons.Smile

Your words have changed my opinion. However I don't feel that Chris's God like arms are a GOOD change, and Jill just looks wrong with Blonde Hair to me. I felt like Superman with Chris, I had no reason to feel vulnerable, when I could shoot a wombie (wanna be zombies) in the face and punch them yards away.

Don't forget, GEARS of WAR is based on RE4's Camera system, not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Lunar6000
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lunar6000

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Voltius wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Voltius wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Your words have changed my opinion. However I don't feel that Chris's God like arms are a GOOD change, and Jill just looks wrong with Blonde Hair to me. I felt like Superman with Chris, I had no reason to feel vulnerable, when I could shoot a wombie (wanna be zombies) in the face and punch them yards away.

Don't forget, GEARS of WAR is based on RE4's Camera system, not the other way around.

rofl wannabe zombie? They put up more of a fight than zombies do, they can shoot at you... also lol @ another kid who wants puny weak chris. Chris needs to be tough if he was a push over he wouldnt make any sense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Lunar6000
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:54 pm

Voltius wrote:

I thought Jill was still cute, but should stay brunette, they will more than likely change it anyway so we won't have to worry,we can say she experimented and didn't like it.Smile

And that is a good point as the Gears controls were based off of RE4's.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:58 pm

Voltius wrote:
Well, I'm sure you understand my point that the change was to appease shooter game fans that have no appreciation for what Resident Evil originally was.
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Lunar6000 wrote:
rofl wannabe zombie? They put up more of a fight than zombies do, they can shoot at you... also lol @ another kid who wants puny weak chris. Chris needs to be tough if he was a push over he wouldnt make any sense.

*says in ebonics voice*
- Well at least zombies crawl, that's a lot more hard core.
- Zombies take longer to die and even return to life if you don't burn their bodies (crimson heads)
- the crimson heads from RE-remake are MUCH more tough than any of the Ganados/Majini from RE4/RE5. The Crimson's actually chase you without slowing down to give you enough time to shoot. Whereas the Las Plagas guys would run up to you then walk towards you slowly, giving you ample time to kill them.
- However, you are correct, the zombies can't shoot or use weapons.

Buffed up Chris isn't a bad thing but it's TOO much. Guuuuuuuuuurl, I never said I wanted Skinny Chris from RE1, I just want a chris that I can play as and not think, "those can't be real, that's steriods. It was just over the top. Like Ivy's Breasts from Soul Calliber. Big breasts are one thing but Over the top is just ridiculous, it's breaks practicality. It gave Chris superman syndrom. I felt like a moving mountain and I had nothing to fear.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Voltius wrote:
Well, I'm sure you understand my point that the change was to appease shooter game fans that have no appreciation for what Resident Evil originally was.

yes. *sigh* this is sadly true, but they did what they did for more money and I can't really blame them for that. Art's no good when you have a shrinking fan base and you're not making as much money off of it as you'd like. Although i don't think RE was loosing because of it's gameplay or camera angles, I think it just wasn't be done right. However, RE4 is what it is, I like it. I hated it at first and I'd rather much have it have been a spin off but it worked. We can't have the same thing forever. Some things just sort of die. (like rail shooters, almost)

Speaking of Spin-offs, i kinda wish Dead Rising were a part of the RE universe, it would have had a much better story. Well Capcom missed out on the Potential for that.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 7:38 pm

I think that it was to appeal to more people, in addition to just improving, I think that the aiming was nice, it is cool actually being able to decide where you hit your oppenent, one major complaint from me however is the 'duck n covr' system that was used, very unneccassry, and no doubt was put in to please the Gears fans...

And another thing is the controls, they added in a bunch of new controls for the same reason, didn't bother me as much as I just used the one like previous titles, but it was still there...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:54 pm

Spike991 wrote:
And another thing is the controls, they added in a bunch of new controls for the same reason, didn't bother me as much as I just used the one like previous titles, but it was still there...
Like the walking sideways thing. Like I previously said, never in my entire life of playing Resident Evil have I ever felt the need to walk sideways...
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Like the walking sideways thing. Like I previously said, never in my entire life of playing Resident Evil have I ever felt the need to walk sideways...

That is exactly the thing I was talking about, and nor have I ever had any temptation to strafe, while aiming or otherwise...
Back to top Go down
Indiana Jones
Zombie
Zombie
Indiana Jones

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:21 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Voltius wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Its like you pulled the words right out of my mouth, of course, Chris can be buff all he wants, its just that, in re5 hes tooo big. Its impossible to grow to that size in your twenties without some type of growth hormone. It would have been better if he was the same size as Remake but with some ripped lean muscle. I dont know why people like big chris so much, I would rather trade a faster, smarter, more agile chris for a huge Hulk like Chris. I even bought the action figure RE5 Chris and even the figure isnt as big. The figure is actually a better size, the biceps are the same, but the body doesnt appear to be as wide. I just prefer the ninja type over the hulking type. Brains over Brawn, which proves for a most interesting battles, kind of like a Batman, or when Joker kills that big ass gang member with a pencil. Its always great to see the underdogs outsmart or defeat stronger opponents. Thats why I loved the Leon + Krauser fights, it was just a very classic rivalry, and Leon came out on top
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:35 am

I don't see why there are so many complaints about his size. It's just aesthetic. Personally, I don't mind how big he is, nor would I have minded him being smaller. As for wanting him to be smaller for speed and agility, that's a null point. He could have been even bigger and still have gone the same speed because that's how he was programmed to move. He could have been as small as you wanted him, but that doesn't mean he'd be faster or more agile. It's not like his virtual weight was bogging him down. There's just really no point in nitpicking about this, unless it makes you feel insecure about yourself or something. I could nitpick about Sheva's 2 alternate costumes because she wears heels in both. She'd die in a second if she really wore heels in that environment. Not to mention her tribal outfit, which was obviously just there to please the males, and her short skirt which is also not combat friendly. Of course, no one will ever hear any guys bashing any of that...Gee, I wonder why?
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:49 am

I like Chris just the way he is....he's a perfect design...must be a few men out there who are just jealous of his macho amazing body... Laughing Laughing

It's not meant to be realistic...if we wanted realistic maybe we could all start picking on Wesker...i mean there's no way a human can move like he does..virus enhanced or not....you could even pick on Lara Croft because no woman on earth looks or acts like her...it's virtual and in that world you can be anything you wanna be...So in the end of it Chris is perfect as he is and looks miles better than he did in any of his previous incarnations.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 12:29 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I don't see why there are so many complaints about his size. It's just aesthetic. Personally, I don't mind how big he is, nor would I have minded him being smaller. As for wanting him to be smaller for speed and agility, that's a null point. He could have been even bigger and still have gone the same speed because that's how he was programmed to move. He could have been as small as you wanted him, but that doesn't mean he'd be faster or more agile. It's not like his virtual weight was bogging him down. There's just really no point in nitpicking about this, unless it makes you feel insecure about yourself or something. I could nitpick about Sheva's 2 alternate costumes because she wears heels in both. She'd die in a second if she really wore heels in that environment. Not to mention her tribal outfit, which was obviously just there to please the males, and her short skirt which is also not combat friendly. Of course, no one will ever hear any guys bashing any of that...Gee, I wonder why?
Agreed. It's been said before, but I'll say it again. Chris is no bigger than Krauser in RE4.
I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 Jackkrauser

About the short skirts thing: While a skirt is in no way ideal attire for any kind of combat, it just seems to keep popping up in RE. I guess, if the women of the game have to wear skirts, they are much more maneuverable if the skirts are shorter. Examples: Jill in RE3, Ada in RE4 and Sheva in RE5. Besides, who said short skirts were a bad thing? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 12:31 pm

RedFieldRiot wrote:
I like Chris just the way he is....he's a perfect design...must be a few men out there who are just jealous of his macho amazing body... Laughing Laughing

It's not meant to be realistic...if we wanted realistic maybe we could all start picking on Wesker...i mean there's no way a human can move like he does..virus enhanced or not....you could even pick on Lara Croft because no woman on earth looks or acts like her...it's virtual and in that world you can be anything you wanna be...So in the end of it Chris is perfect as he is and looks miles better than he did in any of his previous incarnations.

"You took the words right out of my mouth, it must have been while you were kissing me..."--Meat Loaf

In other words, ditto. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Indiana Jones wrote:
Its like you pulled the words right out of my mouth, of course, Chris can be buff all he wants, its just that, in re5 hes tooo big. Its impossible to grow to that size in your twenties without some type of growth hormone. It would have been better if he was the same size as Remake but with some ripped lean muscle. I dont know why people like big chris so much, I would rather trade a faster, smarter, more agile chris for a huge Hulk like Chris. I even bought the action figure RE5 Chris and even the figure isnt as big. The figure is actually a better size, the biceps are the same, but the body doesnt appear to be as wide. I just prefer the ninja type over the hulking type. Brains over Brawn, which proves for a most interesting battles, kind of like a Batman, or when Joker kills that big ass gang member with a pencil. Its always great to see the underdogs outsmart or defeat stronger opponents. Thats why I loved the Leon + Krauser fights, it was just a very classic rivalry, and Leon came out on top

Nice similie IJ.Smile

He could be more thin like in REmake, but him being a bit bigger doesn't mean he isn't just as intelligent and wise as before, it isn't like he is some meathead.Smile

Also, about what you said about the Leon and Krauser fights, I agree, and I was hoping for the same type of thing with Chris and Wesker, it would have been nice, too bad they didn't capitalize on that amazing moneymaker, but at least the two different occasions when they do meet up, you can put a fist in Wesker's face.Smile If only there were more animations for different little fight sequences and things...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.   I know the game is just evolving, but cmon. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

I know the game is just evolving, but cmon.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5