HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?

Go down 
+2
frodomir
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:09 am

I unlocked the Gattling Gun for Chris and Long Bow for Sheva a few nights ago, and I played around with both for a few hours. And I just came to the conclusion that they both really are horrible weapons!

I mean, Chris's Gattling Gun is way too inaccurate, you basically have to aim at the ground to hit enemies, if it hits them, and its not that powerful at all. The pack on your back is extremely huge I can barely see other in tight situations, but it do protect from fire or attacks in the back.

And Sheva's Long Bow doesn't even have a laser sight on it (although it would make sense to), but a simple cross hair would of been nice... Its almost impossible to enemies with it although it is power.

I think they just both suck for what you wasted on them... $50,000. Thought? Retort?
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:37 am

Uh... How can you install laser aim on long bow? Idk, but its way to short IMO... Are you sure that's long bow? Maybe its crossbow?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:03 pm

frodomir wrote:
Uh... How can you install laser aim on long bow? Idk, but its way to short IMO... Are you sure that's long bow? Maybe its crossbow?
Yup, it says long bow in the game, and Krauser's Long Bow had a laser sight.
Back to top Go down
BioHazardMerc1
Zombie
Zombie
BioHazardMerc1

Playstation Network Charlz0r

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:39 pm

Thanks for the hints, when I'll get the game I won't use them Wink
And I love Krauser's bow, 1 shot kills!
Back to top Go down
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:07 pm

BioHazardMerc1 wrote:
Thanks for the hints, when I'll get the game I won't use them Wink
And I love Krauser's bow, 1 shot kills!
No, use them, there cool and all, but useless none the less. And on Krauser's Long Bow note, RE4 is in dvery way better than RE5, but RE5 is still good, really fun, worthy of a 8-8.5 IMO.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:18 pm

I thought RE 5 was much better than RE 4. Especially the story. It was much more emotionally gripping.
Back to top Go down
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:19 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I thought RE 5 was much better than RE 4. Especially the story. It was much more emotionally gripping.
I don't want to get off topic, but I honestly don't think RE5 was good in the sense of a RE game. RE games are usually dark, scary, and dreary in castles, or mansions at night... RE5 is none of that, some of it is in broad day light. Its too much of a shooter (THE BASE MANJINI HAD AK 74s FOR GOD SAKES Surprised...) Even the typewrite was taken out of the game... I mean, everything that made it a RE game isn't in the game beside the characters and the storyline. I can just name over 20 reasons why RE 4 is so much better, and most of the time when people say they are RE fans and they think RE5 is better than any other RE game and we're excite for co-op and whatnot aren't true RE fans, true RE fans love the classics. Capcom was just trying to meet the needs of ignorant shooter fans today who have no respect for classics. No wonder why X-Play gave RE5 a 3 out of 5, I don't blame them. Back on topic Razz.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:27 pm

R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
I don't want to get off topic, but I honestly don't think RE5 was good in the sense of a RE game. RE games are usually dark, scary, and dreary in castles, or mansions at night... RE5 is none of that, some of it is in broad day light. Its too much of a shooter (THE BASE MANJINI HAD AK 74s FOR GOD SAKES Surprised...) Even the typewrite was taken out of the game... I mean, everything that made it a RE game isn't in the game beside the characters and the storyline. I can just name over 20 reasons why RE 4 is so much better, and most of the time when people say they are RE fans and they think RE5 is better than any other RE game and we're excite for co-op and whatnot aren't true RE fans, true RE fans love the classics. Capcom was just trying to meet the needs of ignorant shooter fans today who have no respect for classics. No wonder why X-Play gave RE5 a 3 out of 5, I don't blame them. Back on topic Razz.

I don't think you have to love the 'classics' to be a 'true' RE fan, I love all of them, but the ones who are just getting in because of RE4 or RE5 are just as devoted I think...

I hate that they took out the Typewriter, and for checkpoints no less, and as for the part's where Majini had AK's, it isn't unreasonable that they could use them, but it was unreasonable that we had to encounter them....

I think that alot of RE5 was to meet shooter fans, Capcom is trying to please everyone, I hate to be Mei Ling here, but there is a philosophy that if you try to please everyone you fall on your ass...that is what they might do...
Back to top Go down
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:32 pm

Spike991 wrote:
R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

I don't think you have to love the 'classics' to be a 'true' RE fan, I love all of them, but the ones who are just getting in because of RE4 or RE5 are just as devoted I think...

I hate that they took out the Typewriter, and for checkpoints no less, and as for the part's where Majini had AK's, it isn't unreasonable that they could use them, but it was unreasonable that we had to encounter them....

I think that alot of RE5 was to meet shooter fans, Capcom is trying to please everyone, I hate to be Mei Ling here, but there is a philosophy that if you try to please everyone you fall on your ass...that is what they might do...
That last thing you say might be right... you can only please so many. That one was for shooters, but a RE2 Remake with Static cameras would of been nice for us hardcores (classical) fans. RE:DC wasn't what had in mind. Ever since RE4 came out... RE has been all shooter... weird. RE4 - RE:UC - RE5 - RE:DC...?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:39 pm

R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:
That last thing you say might be right... you can only please so many. That one was for shooters, but a RE2 Remake with Static cameras would of been nice for us hardcores (classical) fans. RE:DC wasn't what had in mind. Ever since RE4 came out... RE has been all shooter... weird. RE4 - RE:UC - RE5 - RE:DC...?

I doubt DC was what anybody had in mind, I am hoping it is more than just an RE2 rail-shooter remake, but who knows....

I don't think that RE4 was just a shooter, neither was RE5(sort of).

I don't think Rail-shooters are the way to go though, I have found playing through it again to be slow, and of course not being able to look and examine the areas..

As for RE5, I think that it felt rushed, with having a co-op type of thing, and with the quick-time inventory, and checkpoints and chapters instead of typewriters, it was like playing through Outbreak, I didn't feel quite as obligated to read the great documents, and the way gameplay and everything was it was like Outbreak in how you just feel rushed, even though you don't have a virus meter...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:46 pm

Spike: I've been a huge fan of Resident Evil since I first encountered it way back when the very first one came out. I loved the old ones. That doesn't mean I have to not like the new ones. To me, true RE fans will like the new ones just as much as the old ones just because it is RE. As for the 20 things you can think of that make RE 4 better...That's all totally subjective. RE 4 was just partly set in a castle at night. It wasn't scary at all except for the regenerators. There is no way to prove that RE 4 is better than RE 5 and vice versa. They're quite different from each other and super different from the old ones. No matter how you look at it though, they all do what they do very well. As for it catering to shooter fans, I don't really agree. After all, shooter fans are the ones who complained about the controls the most. I haven't found anyone yet who only played RE 4 and loves shooter games who also likes RE 5. I seriously can't find anything about this series to complain about. That's probably because I always go into these types of things with only entertainment in mind. Maybe in the near future when hardware gets better and developers can put many more objects on screen, they will revert back to the old zombies who don't tote AKs lol. But until then, the old zombies would just be too easy. They'd need to have huge numbers to be a challenge. I DO miss the old T-Virus days!

P.S. Does anyone else hate the new lickers as much as me? My god they own me!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:37 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike: I've been a huge fan of Resident Evil since I first encountered it way back when the very first one came out. I loved the old ones. That doesn't mean I have to not like the new ones. To me, true RE fans will like the new ones just as much as the old ones just because it is RE. As for the 20 things you can think of that make RE 4 better...That's all totally subjective. RE 4 was just partly set in a castle at night. It wasn't scary at all except for the regenerators. There is no way to prove that RE 4 is better than RE 5 and vice versa. They're quite different from each other and super different from the old ones. No matter how you look at it though, they all do what they do very well. As for it catering to shooter fans, I don't really agree. After all, shooter fans are the ones who complained about the controls the most. I haven't found anyone yet who only played RE 4 and loves shooter games who also likes RE 5. I seriously can't find anything about this series to complain about. That's probably because I always go into these types of things with only entertainment in mind. Maybe in the near future when hardware gets better and developers can put many more objects on screen, they will revert back to the old zombies who don't tote AKs lol. But until then, the old zombies would just be too easy. They'd need to have huge numbers to be a challenge. I DO miss the old T-Virus days!

P.S. Does anyone else hate the new lickers as much as me? My god they own me!

Wait, I think that you mixed up someone else's comments with mine, I never said anything about "20 things you can think of that make RE 4 better", also I didn't say that you have to hate to new ones to be a true RE fan, I said exactly what you said that you should like it just as much because it is RE, but of course people have favorites in the series.Smile

I think that the new controls that have added a duck 'n' cover system as well as adding strafing is catering to 'shooter fans', or the other people that complain about the controls, while people that have been playing them from the beginning don't care if you can "run and gun" or any of that junk...

They have also been catering to the other people, the ones who shouted that it was racist, now we have caucasian and arab Africans.Smile And although this may not be true, I always have it in the back of my mind that Sheva was put in RE5 to help counter the claims, and if not she was sure given a pretty extensive role...

I would love some relentless zombies like from 28 Days Later, that would be terrific if we could see that, maybe File#3..
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 3:49 am

R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:
frodomir wrote:
Yup, it says long bow in the game, and Krauser's Long Bow had a laser sight.
Yeah, Sheva definitely has a longbow.

But just for mentioning sake, Krauser's bow was a compound bow, not a longbow. Compound bows can have all sorts of different sights attached to them. I even seen one with a custom-designed mount for an Aimpoint red dot sight designed for firearms.

And you can thank Hollywood's stupidity for the inclusion of a weapon like the minigun. It's physically impossible for a human being to carry and fire one like that.
The gun alone weighs a bit over 60 lbs. I can carry a 5.56mm M249 and 1,000 rounds of belted ammunition for less weight than that. Add to that the weight of that pack filled with a 1,500- (full weight - 125 lbs) to 4,500-round (full weight - 295 lbs) linked belt of 7.62mm ammunition. Then there's the fact that you need an external motor and electrical power source (i.e., the engine of a helicopter) for the weapon to function, as well as for the feeding mechanism to work. Add to that the horrendous recoil generated when firing it, roughly some 150 - 300 lbs., would knock Chris on his ass in a second.

Of course, I imagine that revelation will end up upsetting a few people, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?   Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck? Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 5 Special Weapons suck?
Page 1 of 1