HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» A new Resident Evil game could be in the works...
This is kind of pathetic... EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:58 pm by Ghost Leader

» Have you ever wanted to know what the definition of "sad" is?
This is kind of pathetic... EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:54 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil random banter...
This is kind of pathetic... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 4:12 pm by Ghost Leader

» Terminator: Dark Fate
This is kind of pathetic... EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 5:30 pm by Ghost Leader

» The Boys
This is kind of pathetic... EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 11:35 pm by Ghost Leader

» It is a Crisis!
This is kind of pathetic... EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 1:39 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
This is kind of pathetic... EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 8:31 am by DeathShadows

» Resident Evil Zero Sucks?!
This is kind of pathetic... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 8:51 pm by Ghost Leader

» Creepshow
This is kind of pathetic... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 1:50 am by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
White Rock
This is kind of pathetic... Vote_lcapThis is kind of pathetic... Voting_barThis is kind of pathetic... Vote_rcap 
Ghost Leader
This is kind of pathetic... Vote_lcapThis is kind of pathetic... Voting_barThis is kind of pathetic... Vote_rcap 
Bulls-3ye

This is kind of pathetic...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
White Rock
Zombie
Zombie

This is kind of pathetic... Empty
PostSubject: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... EmptyThu May 23, 2019 9:03 pm

So I was on vgchartz.com, and looked up the sales in Japan for this series. Neither Resident Evil, its remake, director's cut or prequel topped the charts in that country. The prequel didn't even succeed at breaking into the top ten, which is probably why the franchise ended up becoming an action oriented series soon thereafter. Yet according to that site, all the sequels did reach number one, except for the one everybody praises - Resident Evil 4. How baffling is it that the two best ones didn't reach the top spot, huh? Evil or Very Mad

The site hasn't been updated for a little while now, so I don't know about the remake of 2. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that was a chart-topper as well. But anyway, according to that site, Survivor and Operation Raccoon City ranked higher than the first remake - and they both did reach number one in Japan.

What... the... shit? monkey

Tell me that's a lie. pale

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/36555/Japan/

Mankind is doomed! Banhammer

I didn't even know about any of this stuff until I looked it up. But once seen... cannot not be known! affraid

P.S. I noticed that only Silent Hill and Silent Hill: Downpour charted high in Japan. Uh! silent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... EmptyFri May 24, 2019 5:50 am

Vgchartz.com is considered extremely unreliable by practically everyone. Don't pay any attention to it.

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... EmptySat May 25, 2019 2:01 am

Are there any other charts we can inspect online?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... EmptySat May 25, 2019 7:44 am

Not that I know of. When I need sales numbers, such as when the subject of RE7's first week of sales came up a while back, I just rely on third party outlets like Kotaku or any sources cited in Wikipedia's Reception sections.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 3:24 am

I read today online that next week, Shinji Mikami is going to E3. What's that mean? Surprised

Surprise us!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 11:22 pm

White Rock wrote:
I read today online that next week, Shinji Mikami is going to E3. What's that mean? Surprised

Surprise us!
Rock, you really need to keep certain discussions in the right topics. This is another post that probably should be in the RE8 discussion topic.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 12:49 am

Oh, right. Sorry. I take your point. Can I bump a thread if I'm the last user that posted in it? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 6:29 am

Yeah, that's fine. Right now, since you and I are the only posting members, you can consider the no double posting rule suspended for the time being. Just don't abuse the privilege too much. Wink

In fact, I'm going to be doing a rewrite of the rules to streamline, clarify, and amend them. So if you have any input, be sure to speak up in the rules thread about it.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 12:25 pm

In terms of the OT, I think there should be further horror-ish games, but also action ones for those that like that style. Maybe reserve this for spin offs, so that the main series stays true to its roots.

I'd also like Capcom to think about replacing the main characters, due to their age. It would add some realism, and if sales are what people are worrying about, well... I think it's a divided amount of fans that we have that either only like one styel, one camera perspective, or they don't mind anything. Spin offs won't be expected to sell loads of copies, but at least they'll keep "the action fans" happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 6:58 pm

As I said, though, vgchartz is an unreliable source, so don't pay attention to it.

Chris and Jill both would be in their mid-40s as of this year (Leon and Claire are both younger, then you have even younger characters like Sherry and Moira), so I don't think age is an issue. Military personnel will often serve into their 50s and neither Chris nor Jill have shown any signs of slowing down.

And that isn't taking into account Capcom possibly deciding in the future to "freeze" their ages like Ubisoft did with Sam Fisher due to his popularity.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 2:54 am

For that reason, an episodic series may be ideal. I find I maintain interest better that way, as momentum can drop if they take years to bring out another game, that does its own thing again. I mean, I don't mind that Capcom does this, but they should finish one story in an acceptable way instead of constantly throwing around new plot points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 10:21 pm

The original topic this thread was made for has been resolved (via my pointing out that VGChartz is unreliable), so I'm just going to lock this.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is kind of pathetic...   This is kind of pathetic... Empty

Back to top Go down

This is kind of pathetic...
Page 1 of 1