Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Daymare: 1998 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Daymare: 1998 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Daymare: 1998 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Daymare: 1998 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Daymare: 1998 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Daymare: 1998 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Daymare: 1998 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Daymare: 1998 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Daymare: 1998 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Daymare: 1998

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Daymare: 1998 Empty
PostSubject: Daymare: 1998   Daymare: 1998 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Daymare: 1998   Daymare: 1998 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 4:02 pm

It looks like a complete ripoff of RE, TBH.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Daymare: 1998   Daymare: 1998 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 10:59 pm

That's what I said on a Silent Hill forum recently. In fact, the people that worked on this were apparently supposed to do an unofficial remake of RE2, but Capcom shut them down and rightfully so.

I guess you cannot trademark concepts, hence why a lot of games have all the major similarities between them, like The Last of Us and Days Gone as well.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Daymare: 1998   Daymare: 1998 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 2:29 pm

They theoretically could still be hit with a copyright infringement suit if it's too similar (and Daymare seemingly comes off as just that by taking the Umbrella story arc and simply changing some names), but I suspect Capcom doesn't particularly care at this point judging by Invader Studios getting a "thank you" credit in RE2make's credits.

I haven't played Days Gone, so I can't comment on its similarity to The Last of Us.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Daymare: 1998   Daymare: 1998 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 10:45 pm

I'm kind of moving on from Resident Evil now, or at the very least, I'm keeping my options open. Part of me wants to keep going with the franchise that I've loved since I was a kid... but then there's another side of me that thinks Capcom is just at it again, and they may be trying to fool everybody with more false promises. But you're right. I think they're lucky that Capcom isn't angry about what they're doing.

Personally, I don't think it's as good a series as it used to be. I wasn't really happy with the cheap feel of 7: Biohazard. It felt like a bad reboot, and a rip off of movies at the same time, and Chris' new ugly design is something I haven't forgave Capcom for. Uh! Cringe worthy. Also, the general feel of that game doesn't suit the series at all. The last section as Ethan was so unappealing. You just run in a mine, shoot the same boring monsters, and the last boss dies in like, only a few shots. Chris was like the new Brad as well, tossing you a gun, named after the very guy he hated. That seemed kind of pathetic, and like a cheap way to remind fans that, "Hey! Remember the Albert Wesker? He was a thing once!" - like that makes up for their ineptitude in other ways.

It's gotten to be very commercialized, in my opinion. I preferred the series in its infancy, when it was more of a cult thing. But I know that to keep it fresh, they had to switch things up. I'm not sure I like that idea any more, in retrospect. At the time, RE4 was seen as the most amazing thing. That was in 2005. Now? I don't know. Although I kind of blame that game for why the genre changed. A lot of other franchises tried to copy Capcom too, and it... just wasn't a success.

I also feel like Capcom does these remakes as a cash grab as well. That's my opinion. If people think otherwise, that's fine. I was majorly let down by the RE2 remake. I think it could have been a lot better. It's still a solid game. But the original will never be surpassed. The remake didn't really feel very terrifying, and I didn't like Leon's cutey pie new looks either.

Bah! I can see why Silent Hill died. Konami tried to copy Capcom, and they failed on all levels. I never knew it was a competition. Rolling Eyes

Happy Resurrection (Easter) Sunday, by the way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daymare: 1998   Daymare: 1998 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daymare: 1998
Page 1 of 1