HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Member Art
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyWed May 15, 2019 6:52 am by Ghost Leader

» Rambo V: Last Blood
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyWed May 15, 2019 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyTue May 14, 2019 5:10 am by Ghost Leader

» The Conjuring must be the horror film with the most spin off movies!
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyFri May 10, 2019 7:08 am by White Rock

» Distant Memories (Cancelled)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySun May 05, 2019 8:36 am by Ghost Leader

» My honest views on the RE2 remake...
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:35 am by White Rock

» Jurassic park anyone?
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySat May 04, 2019 2:13 am by White Rock

» Favorite Horror Films?
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 3:25 pm by White Rock

» RoboCop
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 3:19 pm by White Rock

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
White Rock
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation Vote_lcapResident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation Voting_barResident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation Vote_rcap 
Ghost Leader
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation Vote_lcapResident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation Voting_barResident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation Vote_rcap 
Nobudy

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
White Rock
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network TpotzPolly516

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 9:05 am

I await your responses. Very Happy

I know this forum is dead... but we have to post on here, and actually look like we're providing updates.

In my opinion, Capcom are just being lazy if they want to outsource games. That's a big gamble, however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 1:05 pm

At this point, my interest in this series is confined solely to remakes simply because I'm no longer invested in the story post-Code Veronica, so I could give a rat's ass for RE8.

Outsourcing game development is a common practice that can be either good or bad. Every single studio under the Rockstar banner contributed to RDR2 as opposed to a single team making it (banner aside, this is still technically defined as outsourcing) and it came out fantastic if a little steep on the learning curve. On the other hand, there's Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes which Konami outsourced to Silicon Knights and all they did was give the game a graphical facelift and add MGS2 gameplay mechanics. So before I can say anything about RE3make, I'd have to know what studio it's being outsourced to so I can look into their past game library for an idea of what to expect. Even then, they could have a library of terrible games but still do a decent job on RE3 as long as they maintain a healthy respect for the original.

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 12:43 pm

I agree. The story has been dumb for years. Viruses? Yeah, fine. But parasites, and castellans? Um, no.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 6:20 am

Am I to understand Capcom is turning RE into an annual franchise? If so, that would be a really bad move. Annual releases work fine for sports games like Madden and multiplayer-centric games like CoD where the changes from title to title are largely superficial and/or minor, but they aren't so good for story-driven AAA titles like RE. These need at least a three-year development cycle. Look at the downturn in quality Assassin's Creed took after going annual. I truly hope Capcom reverses course on that.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 7:07 am

I'm not a big fan of the series any longer. I think the series has gone on too long, which is good if you love it that much, but it lacks the quality it had years ago. When I go back and watch clips from the original remake, I see a masterpiece - and that's a game from 2002. When I see or play a new game, I don't say it's not memorable or even any good, but you really don't think about it so much after a while. You just soldier through it, and then you want more, but it's normally severely lacking.

I think with the RE2 DLC, they could have giving us prequel stories that were canonical, like they did with both of the Chronicles games. What Capcom gave us was a huge disappointment. It was like a parody game, that really didn't matter. And since then, they've not announced any further content.

I did enjoy the game, generally, but I mean, I really don't believe it's worth 9/10 on IGN, and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 7:31 pm

White Rock wrote:
I think with the RE2 DLC, they could have giving us prequel stories that were canonical, like they did with both of the Chronicles games.
For a game that you've seemingly insisted can't be adapted into canon, you're far too concerned with the non-canonical status of the DLC stories. They're, in effect, no different from the much-loved-by-some Mercenaries mode that's been a staple of the franchise since RE3.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 8:19 pm

I meant that they could have made more of an effort.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 5:37 pm

White Rock wrote:
I meant that they could have made more of an effort.
To be fair, other developers have charged gamers pretty ridiculous prices for DLC made with less effort than this. Ghost Survivors is no RDR: Undead Nightmare, but for a price tag of totally free, I don't think Capcom did a bad job at all.

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 9:45 am

Maybe for the next remake, we can get a mode where we play as Nemesis. That would be fun. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 10:28 am

White Rock wrote:
Maybe for the next remake, we can get a mode where we play as Nemesis. That would be fun. affraid
But such a mode would almost certainly be non-canon. Wink

PerseusRad wrote:

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Rock
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 7:21 pm

Maybe it will be free DLC, though. They've made every mode unlockable as DLC now for RE2. Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion-
Jump to: