HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 2 remake talk...

Go down 
+4
PWNERX
White Rock
Mass Distraction
Bulls-3ye
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 2:34 am

But making it canon now would overwrite years and years of history.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 8:39 am

Did the first remake do that? Yes and no. It added to continuity, it did not rewrite it. Even if this game is canon it still means Leon becomes an agent and everything from 1998 onwards goes as planned. It only means they'll likely retcon stuff (like in the first remake) and add to the existing lore. Nothing points to this actually overwriting any major events in the series' history.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 2:02 pm

They'll definetly take the oppertunity to replace the original in canon. Since they can have propper acting and story now. Not to mention the chance to fix and/or expand on them, like Mass said.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 9:15 pm

I agree, I expect they will expand on certain plot points and tie up some odds and ends. I am looking for some small retcons that will hopefully only bring more clarity to the canon. I am equally stoked to explore new aspects (locations and story)) as well as revisit original destinations in all of their modern graphic glory.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 8:32 am

There is apparently going to be at least one part where you visit the church from RE3.

Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 New-thing-e1528857712950

Completely unrelated but there was also a bottle of Dulvey Beer from RE7 and a PS1 on a shelf.

Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 RE2-BOTTLE-e1528830302234

Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 Ps1-e1528830739136
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Was definetly not expecting that!.
Since the church is here, then can we please get Nemesis as DLC for this?. Then they can do Code: Veronica HD and re-brand it as RE3 like it should be.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 1:59 am

Everybody sing a '10 bottles of Dulvey beer' song. What a find! Cool
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 8:14 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Then they can do Code: Veronica HD

While it might not be up to the latest graphical standards, the current Code: Veronica X HD looks really good with its reworked water and lighting engine. Personally I don't see any reason to remake that game, though I would like to see RE3 remade after 2 since it will be the last of the PS1 trilogy to not have a new release.

Hey, maybe if they remake RE3 they could add some of the stuff from the scrapped, true RE3. Kinda like they are doing now by adding RE1.5 stuff to the new remake: https://screenrant.com/resident-evil-2-remake-deleted-scenes-characters/
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 2:32 pm

It looks like 4th Survivor and Tofu are returning for the remake according to this interview with Yoshiaki Hirabayashi.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 11:05 pm

After this comes out and the hype for it dies, I hope they focus on the future of this franchise for once and leave 1998 the hell alone!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 6:02 am

Here's a list of just some of the differences in the first 20 minutes of the demo that was playable at E3. Note that this demo is not actually the beginning of the game, as it starts when Leon gets to the RPD. Also note that it's only a bit from Leon's campaign, since Claire is getting her own campaign.

Oh, and here's an interview with the developers: http://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth/interviews/e3-2018-interview-resident-evil-2-producers-yoshiaki-hirabayashi-and-tsuyoshi-kanda-explain-how-they-do-it/

White Rock wrote:
After this comes out and the hype for it dies, I hope they focus on the future of this franchise for once and leave 1998 the hell alone!

I personally wouldn't mind RE3 to be remade as well. After that, sure. The 98 had its run.

Then again, I'm still hoping for a Chronicles game entailing the Survivor series. I mean, come on! Those games would be perfect for that format!
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 10:55 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Bulls-3ye wrote:

While it might not be up to the latest graphical standards, the current Code: Veronica X HD looks really good with its reworked water and lighting engine. Personally I don't see any reason to remake that game, though I would like to see RE3 remade after 2 since it will be the last of the PS1 trilogy to not have a new release.

Hey, maybe if they remake RE3 they could add some of the stuff from the scrapped, true RE3. Kinda like they are doing now by adding RE1.5 stuff to the new remake: https://screenrant.com/resident-evil-2-remake-deleted-scenes-characters/

True, but they can at least re-release it with the 3 like it should be.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 2:33 am

I'm still more excited about The Last of Us Part II. But that's only because Capcom has let us down before. And they killed Chris Redfield. Not literally, but in terms of his being so unlike his old self. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 2:53 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Bulls-3ye wrote:

True, but they can at least re-release it with the 3 like it should be.

Wouldn't that make the whole timeline/game continuity a lot more confusing than it already is if they started renaming classic games like that all of a sudden? Doing that would basically mean scrapping RE3 from the continuity altogether.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Nemesis can stay, just let it be a side story. And it wouldn't really be confusing. The old fans would remember the deal and why it changed. And new fans would have an easier time.

The game order chronologically would be...

RE0 RE1 RE2 RE3: Code Veronica RE4 Rev1 RE5 Rev2 RE6 RE7: Biohazard
As opposed to...
RE0 RE1 RE2 RE3: Nemesis (not the actual 3 more of a side diversion that you can skip if you want) RE: Code Veronica (the real 3 but do to deals and timing it was given a subtitle instead) RE4 Rev1 RE5 Rev2 RE6 RE7: Biohazard

That's usually how you have to explain it. It would be much easier if it was just a straight shot. Most pepole on RE Reddit are down for Nemesis being a DLC For REMake2.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 6:12 pm

Code: Veronica was never supposed to be the real RE3, though. The reason some say it was is due to a mistranslation that Mikami himself has since corrected. CV was always supposed to be a side story. The RE3 we have now was originally called Biohazard Gaiden (also a side story, not related to the GBC one, and had an entirely new cast) and the true RE3 that we never saw was cancelled altogether. It would have starred HUNK, surprisingly.

I still think RE3 wrapped up the original Raccoon City trilogy nicely, showing us the fate of Brad and how he ended up like he is in RE2, giving us some more context on what happened to the STARS after the mansion incident, giving a reason for Chris to have been doing whatever it was he was doing during CV and showing us that Barry did, indeed, survive the original mansion ordeal, which was something that wouldn't get touched upon in years after that. In fact, according to RE3's writer Yasuhisa kawamura, the reworked story of RE3 would have involved Jill crossing paths with Leon, Ada and William, something that only really got realised in the Chinese comic series (although that one isn't canon). All of this was cut due to time constraints. As a fun little extra tidbit, a game mode where you would have played as a zombified Brad was also cut, this time due to production costs. I honestly think working all this back into the story would be worthy enough of a remake. Plus, I would love to see the streets and alleys of Raccoon get remade and expanded in the new style. I know, ORC did this already, but this time with actual attention to detail.

Personally I like to think of the first two games as the start of it all for the main cast, while 3, CV and 4 gave us a continuation for each of the (then) four main characters.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 2:24 am

Giving Nemesis more of a reason to exist by tying it to RE2 would be a great idea!. Cause as it stands you can skip 3, and all you miss is Jill getting infected and cured. Which is only really important in RE5.
If you skip CV however, you'll be Reeeeeeeeeealy confused when Wesker suddenly becomes the main villain. And i have seen pepole on forums who made this mistake... noobs.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 10:28 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Giving Nemesis more of a reason to exist by tying it to RE2 would be a great idea!. Cause as it stands you can skip 3, and all you miss is Jill getting infected and cured. Which is only really important in RE5.
If you skip CV however, you'll be Reeeeeeeeeealy confused when Wesker suddenly becomes the main villain. And i have seen pepole on forums who made this mistake... noobs.

I do believe there were hints in RE3 that Wesker was still alive...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 10:46 am

Mr. X doesn't look all that scary anymore. He looks like he's about to attend a speed dating event. Kudos about the new look of the zombies, but shame about one of the scariest parts of the original being modernized.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 2:46 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Bulls-3ye wrote:

I do believe there were hints in RE3 that Wesker was still alive...

Really? it's been awhile, but i don't remember much Wesker stuff in Nemesis.

White Rock wrote:
Mr. X doesn't look all that scary anymore. He looks like he's about to attend a speed dating event. Kudos about the new look of the zombies, but shame about one of the scariest parts of the original being modernized.

Eh, he does look a little off. But i need to see more of him in action before i pass judgment.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 3:12 pm

As far as skippable games in the main plot go RE0, RE6, RER and RER2 are quite skippable as well. None of the events in those really bear any significance whatsoever as far as current main plot goes. Even RE7 really affects a broader plot line ONLY of you have any previous knowledge of events in Umbrella Corps and Heavenly Island. So RE3 really isn't the only offender when it comes to main series titles that don't really follow an over arching plot. CV itself only really touches upon the main story by reintroducing Albert and bringing Chris and Claire together (for a while). The HCF Albert was working with wouldn't even get mentioned until a single file seen in RE7, T-Veronica wasn't reused until RE6 as part of a new virus (and you'd have to read about it) and Steve's stolen corpse only affected the Operation Javier part of Darkside Chronicles (which isn't a main title and even then the events are explained in the game itself). RE as a series in general is more like an anthology of events set in a single universe rather than a coherent, continuous story.

Honestly, if there is anything that would deserve to be the true RE3, it would be a full game version of Umbrella's End from Umbrella Chronicles. It brings the whole original Umbrella story arc to a closure and features Albert doing Wesker stuff. This event is only ever even slightly mentioned in RE4's opening and even then Leon only says Umbrella went bust.

As an aside, Nemesis is one of the most iconic things in the entire franchise so it would be a shame to brush him into being a sideshow.

White Rock wrote:

Not really so modernized, though. The design they are using now is from RE1.5
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 DflKAVAW0AcuCSs
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 2:04 am

True, but most of those games either expand the lore, or at least moves/fills in the timeline. Nemesis takes place largely during RE2, and it doesn't really add anything.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 2:52 am

If HUNK and Tofu are on the disc, it makes me wonder what the DLC would be about. Hopefully something fresh, or maybe we can play Marvin again in an Outbreak #2 repeat scenario. That depicted him helping other cops to escape, but he was bitten and stayed behind.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 11:34 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
True, but most of those games either expand the lore, or at least moves/fills in the timeline. Nemesis takes place largely during RE2, and it doesn't really add anything.

Well RE3 does have one very important part in the main timeline. Ending a whole day after Leon, Claire and Sherry escaped the city and had went their own ways, Raccoon City gets destroyed while Jill, Carlos and Barry escape the city. I think the last moments of the city with the final battles the UBCS had there are worthy enough of being an important event.

Besides, Jill's infection leading to her situation in RE5 is another thing that puts the game on the timeline. You know, way more than, say RE0, whose events have never even been mentioned, apart from the ones already mentioned in RE1.

White Rock wrote:
If HUNK and Tofu are on the disc, it makes me wonder what the DLC would be about. Hopefully something fresh, or maybe we can play Marvin again in an Outbreak #2 repeat scenario. That depicted him helping other cops to escape, but he was bitten and stayed behind.

I would enjoy an Ada campaign following her story from Darkside Chronicles. Hmm... I don't think they have mentioned Battle Game being on disc, at least yet. Maybe that?
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 4:40 pm

A Battle Mode would be cool, but I don't really care much for the gimmicky stuff. A canon side story would be great. I'm not sure how, but I don't think after years of traditionally receiving DLC, that they would fail us now by not providing something worth the long wait. Would you say the DLC in 7 was good?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 2 remake talk...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next