Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Movie Reboot Megathread!

Go down 
+3
PWNERX
Ghost Leader
EQOAnostalgia
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

Movie Reboot Megathread! Empty
PostSubject: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyWed May 24, 2017 6:14 pm

I wanted to make this as a megathread of sorts. I plan to make a lot of content based around the six upcoming films. Going to kick things off with a bit of an update on what we know so far, (hint not much) and my thoughts on all of this.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyThu May 25, 2017 11:14 am

TAP TAP TAP...

Is this thing on? Where did... the entire forum go? lol.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyFri May 26, 2017 12:24 am

Don't abuse my microphone, Kanye. Or at least wait for Taylor to take the stage before you do.

I still maintain that the original trilogy are good movies, demonized only because they aren't direct adaptions of the games. In fact, that's always the first argument against them. The first one embodied completely what made RE1 great. That's not an opinion, that's a simple fact, and anyone denying it is simply doing so out of spite. Apocalypse is much the same, though I admit it took the action scenes a bit too far. And I like Extinction mainly because I'm a Mad Max fan, but I'll admit that's where it really started to break from the games. After that, the quality and story really started to decline and I lost interest.

I do believe that the games' more action-oriented direction came about as a result of the movies' success, though. And as much as I don't like it, at least not in RE, it's not an illogical path. Some people probably won't like me saying that and accuse me of licking Paul Anderson's boot or something, but whether they or I like it or not, it makes perfect business sense. But since 2010, the horror genre has become somewhat revitalized and now we've had RE6, which brought some horror elements back, and RE7, which is no doubt a full-on horror game.

Now, in regards to Paul Anderson and Milla Jovovich playing the games, really no one can say for sure whether or not they really did. It's possible they did play them and simply interpreted them differently from the opinions of the majority, and it's also possible they never touched them and are only saying that to butter up the fanbase. We really don't know and likely never will, and for this reason I have and always will brush off such claims by said critics.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyFri May 26, 2017 5:32 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Don't abuse my microphone, Kanye. Or at least wait for Taylor to take the stage before you do.

I still maintain that the original trilogy are good movies, demonized only because they aren't direct adaptions of the games. In fact, that's always the first argument against them. The first one embodied completely what made RE1 great. That's not an opinion, that's a simple fact, and anyone denying it is simply doing so out of spite. Apocalypse is much the same, though I admit it took the action scenes a bit too far. And I like Extinction mainly because I'm a Mad Max fan, but I'll admit that's where it really started to break from the games. After that, the quality and story really started to decline and I lost interest.

I do believe that the games' more action-oriented direction came about as a result of the movies' success, though. And as much as I don't like it, at least not in RE, it's not an illogical path. Some people probably won't like me saying that and accuse me of licking Paul Anderson's boot or something, but whether they or I like it or not, it makes perfect business sense. But since 2010, the horror genre has become somewhat revitalized and now we've had RE6, which brought some horror elements back, and RE7, which is no doubt a full-on horror game.

Now, in regards to Paul Anderson and Milla Jovovich playing the games, really no one can say for sure whether or not they really did. It's possible they did play them and simply interpreted them differently from the opinions of the majority, and it's also possible they never touched them and are only saying that to butter up the fanbase. We really don't know and likely never will, and for this reason I have and always will brush off such claims by said critics.

I wanted to see more of the mansion and the woods, less of "the hive" i feel it should have ended down there, not took place almost entirely down there. I gave it a decent review as a horror film, just thought it was a mediocre attempt at an RE film. I just tried to watch the Final Crapter... got about halfway through it at work, before i decided getting up and cleaning would be infinitely more entertaining. I'm sure they did play games, a couple times. I still don't think they understood them, but that's Hollywood, and that's vidyagaem movies in a nutshell. I'm just glad that crapfest is over and someone else can take a shot at it. Even though i really wanted that Netflix show... i guess Castelvania is a good start.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyMon May 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Just give me a budget and a crew, dammit!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyTue May 30, 2017 12:13 pm

PWNERX wrote:

I think it would turn out better in all honesty lol. Especially if you hired an unknown cast.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyWed May 31, 2017 5:23 am

I loveId the original trilogy, and i actually liked the forth one. But then they started to stumble from sequel to sequel, with no real arc in mind.
I'm just exited to see someone else's take on an RE movie. Get a fresh new perspective on things.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyWed May 31, 2017 10:17 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

I think it would turn out better in all honesty lol. Especially if you hired an unknown cast.

Also given my knowledge of Resident Evil, and my skill as a director/editor.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 6:23 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
I loveId the original trilogy, and i actually liked the forth one. But then they started to stumble from sequel to sequel, with no real arc in mind.
I'm just exited to see someone else's take on an RE movie. Get a fresh new perspective on things.

Pretty sure things will get scarier and gorier. I can't wait to hear more tbh. I hope they do this right. They don't have to do exactly what i want, that's just unrealistic. As long as they give it the right "tone" and not turn it into a martial arts action flick, i think i can dig it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 6:28 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
I wanted to see more of the mansion and the woods, less of "the hive" i feel it should have ended down there, not took place almost entirely down there.
The mansion was just a cover to hide the Hive. That was its sole relevance to the story. The woods, on the other hand, had absolutely no relevance. There was no reason to spend anymore time in the mansion than the movie already did and no reason to go into the woods.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:
I wanted to see more of the mansion and the woods, less of "the hive" i feel it should have ended down there, not took place almost entirely down there.
The mansion was just a cover to hide the Hive. That was its sole relevance to the story. The woods, on the other hand, had absolutely no relevance. There was no reason to spend anymore time in the mansion than the movie already did and no reason to go into the woods.
Well yes there is if you understand how pacing works in films. It was a bad idea to use the Mansion as a throwaway prop and that is just what they did. The mansion could have set up a lot of tension and atmosphere, the same with the woods. The woods have a small role in what i saw as a good RE movie, simply the opening where the hiker is eaten. We read about this in the newspaper in the mansion. Things like this, gamers respond to it. "oh man i remember reading about that in a file!" that's cool, that works.

Spending 2 minutes in Lost In Amnesia Land, and then tactically assaulting the place and forcing our lead character into the hive, was sloppy and uninteresting. The first film should have been slower, more deliberate and scary. After that, with Raccoon going to hell in a handbasket, ABSOLUTELY turn up the adrenaline. I'm all for it. But RE1? No! That movie should have been pure atmosphere and horror.

I'll give them kudos for the first zombie scene, it was well done. But would have been infinitely cooler in the Mansion, with an isolated attack on Alice or Rain, similar to what happened to Jill. A slow, horrific reveal of the crazy s#@$ that's going on out in this mansion in the middle of nowhere! That sense of isolation, did you forget the way that felt in the first game? Has it been so long?
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 12:50 am

Wandering back and forth in a mansion, solving strangely out of puzzles. Wouldn't work in a movie like it does in the game.

Last edited by Bulls-3ye on Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:36 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 1:49 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Wandering back and forth in a mansion, solving strangely out of puzzles. Wouldn't work in a movie like it does in the game.

Now that's just silly. Nobody expects that.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 5:53 am

Then what would they be doing for half the movie?. If its just surviving/trying to find a way out, then how's that different from the Hive?.
Because the mansion isn't any scarier than the Hive, in fact the Hive is alot less tropey.

Bulls-3ye wrote:
solving strangely out of puzzles.
strangely out of place puzzles
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 9:57 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Then what would they be doing for half the movie?. If its just surviving/trying to find a way out, then how's that different from the Hive?.
Because the mansion isn't any scarier than the Hive, in fact the Hive is alot less tropey.

Bulls-3ye wrote:
solving strangely out of puzzles.
strangely out of place puzzles

If i were to sit here and type up a script i'm sure i can think of some way to utilize the Spencer property and surrounding area for a good 30-45 minutes leading into the lab, and i can tell you it wouldn't even look like the hive at all, think closer to RE2, there are a lot of passageways down there, sewers, etc... room for plenty of action/horror and a metric f#$% ton of story! It exists, but someone actually has to write it. I mean you act like it's outside the realm of possibility to actually use RE set pieces to tell a flippin RE story! Shocked
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:

And this is why we have multi-thread storylines and backstory. Don't focus on one character's perspective, rather pan things to the greater scope. We've got Chris, Jill, Barry, Rebecca, Wesker, and even Brad to add to the experience of RE1. Keep Wesker largely in the shade, and alternate between the others.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 6:44 am

That whole fan film, cosplay thing usually sucks. The first movie was the best because it did it's own thing, with it's own characters.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 7:39 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
That whole fan film, cosplay thing usually sucks. The first movie was the best because it did it's own thing, with it's own characters.

Yeah idk man, they were hijacking Alice in wonderland and then backed out so i can't even really say that lol. The second film did more for fans imo, they brought in characters from the game. Cheesy but i can't help but love RE Apocalypse. Largely because i saw it in the theater with my cousin who's no longer with us and because i discovered Killswitch Engage during the credits. After the third film, that's when i started to lose interest and started to get mad. Just my opinion, it's fine if people like the movies. I just want a horror franchise out of this next installment.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 6:49 am

I do love all the references/fan service from Apocalypse, cheese and all. But i still prefer their more original content. Though i'll admit, they did a great job with Barry.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 11:57 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
That whole fan film, cosplay thing usually sucks.
In most cases, it does. There are very few fan films I've ever seen that were of any real quality in either acting or production values. The films and shorts by Beat Down Boogie are the only exceptions I can think of.

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Yeah idk man, they were hijacking Alice in wonderland and then backed out so i can't even really say that lol.
Gross exaggeration. They borrowed some thematic elements, something that every entertainment media does these days.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 11:24 am

I am honestly surprised they just flat out said they are gonna make six films. Even with the original series we didn't know how many there'd be until the fifth was released. With the recent revival of the horror genre, I do wonder how the series is gonna be made. Not that anyone would know anything about them yet, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 4:50 pm

Is there any updated news on the reboot? Last I heard they were pretty deep into filming. Havent seen anything about a potential release date yet. Curious to see how closely this one follows the source material.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:56 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Is there any updated news on the reboot? Last I heard they were pretty deep into filming. Havent seen anything about a potential release date yet. Curious to see how closely this one follows the source material.
It's a retelling of RE1 and RE2 and stars Hannah John-Kamen as Jill Valentine, Avan Jogia as Leon S. Kennedy, Kaya Scodelario as Claire Redfield, Robbie Amell as Chris Redfield, Neal McDonough as William Berkin, and Tom Hopper as Albert Wesker. It's releasing in September (appropriately enough), but an exact date isn't set. It would be a crying shame to not release it on the 29th.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 3:29 am

Release date is September 3rd.

https://twitter.com/ChadRook/status/1369442458099191817?s=20

It's crying shame they aren't releasing it on September 29th.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 4:47 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Release date is September 3rd.

https://twitter.com/ChadRook/status/1369442458099191817?s=20

It's crying shame they aren't releasing it on September 29th.

Missed opportunity lol. Also that poster is giving off some re4 vibes
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie Reboot Megathread!   Movie Reboot Megathread! Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie Reboot Megathread!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next