HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4

Go down 
+3
sibraa5
Regenerator
frodomir
7 posters
AuthorMessage
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:36 am

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 Re4_logo1_lg

Everything you need to know about: Resident evil 4

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 Wallpaper_resident_evil_4_06_1600

Short history of Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 4. The game that people have been waiting five years for, is finally on it's way. It's history has been a long and twisted one which reaches back to 1999, after the release of Resident Evil 3 on the PlayStation One. Straight away people were expecting an "official" fourth title due to the releases of Code Veronica on Dreamcast, the announcement of Zero on the Nintendo 64 and Gun Survivor on the PlayStation One as well.

Sure enough the game was announced as on it's way by the time Capcom had it's Gamers Day in Jan of 2000. The director was announced as Hideki Kamiya, the director of Resident Evil 2, and the game was supposed to have some close connections to Europe, as the team had gone on a trip to see Spanish design specifically. The game was expected to make it's first showing already at the E3.... however this wasn't to be the case. Rumors began to do the rounds and it wasn't until November we got an answer.

Capcom announced that Code Veronica would be coming to the PS2 and aside from that a new project for the PS2 called Devil May Cry would be released, which was commented on as being created from a scrapped Biohazard game. Given the director was none other than the same one originally marked for Resident Evil 4, the platform, and the style, it didn't take long to guess that game was Resident Evil 4.

No replacement for the game was announced after Devil May Cry's announcement and yet another E3 in 2001 came and went with nothing new other than the comment that "it is coming." This lasted until September of that year when Capcom made the announcement of the "Capcom 5" to the Nintendo Gamecube, follow the announcement that Resident Evil Zero was already going there. The five titles; Viewtiful Joe, Killer7, Dead Pheonix, Biohazard (Remake), and Biohazard 4, were to be released over the next couple of years. However the focus on the Biohazard remake and Biohazard Zero, meant that news and info on 4 would be a little while away.

And that it was. The next news wouldn't be until over a year later in November 2002, when Capcom showed off the first footage of the new look Biohazard 4 in Japan. The footage hit the web with quite a bit of fuss until Capcom posted the video itself along with new screens later in the month, with a few words by the new director, Hiroshi Shibata. Between this and the next lot of footage shown off at the E3, Capcom released small news bits, but apart from the new set of images and the trailer movie shown in May and then again in September, news had gone dead again.

While it was expected this was due to preparations by the end of 2003, rumor was about with delays and changes. It wouldn't be until the start of 2004 when this would all come together. Capcom's own gamers day would again be the place for news - a shock announcement. The game has been overhauled again, the third time, and now Shinji Mikami is in charge as director. News of the title was first released through the magazine Game Informer, before later going web wide a month later. The first proper footage of the game was released by Famitsu through their Wave magazine and DVD.

Game Modes History:

The development of Resident Evil 4 got its official start in 2001 for the GameCube as part of an exclusivity agreement between Capcom and Nintendo that included Resident Evil 4, an enhanced remake of the original Resident Evil, and Resident Evil 0. The first proposed version, dubbed the Fog Version, was unveiled in the Tokyo Game Show in 2002 and had Hiroshi Shibata, the background designer for Resident Evil 3, attached to the project. This version's premise featured Leon infiltrating Umbrella’s headquarters in Europe, getting infected by the Progenitor Virus, and fighting fog-like creatures. One of the most notable areas shown in this version was a flying airship; however, Capcom scrapped the second beta of Resident Evil 4 quietly and created a new version without any outside announcement.

After the Fog Version came the Hooked Man Version. First shown at the E3 in 2003, this version was set in a haunted mansion and featured Leon fighting what appeared to be paranormal enemies, such as medieval suits of armor and living dolls. A distinctive enemy in this version was the aforementioned Hooked Man, who had a large hook grafted onto his wrist. The game displayed numerous elements that have been carried over to the final release, such as the perspective, laser sight, flashlight, idea of two weapons at once, action sequences, struggles with enemies, and grenades. This version was reportedly so scary that Shinji Mikami warned gamers with the famous quote "Don't pee your pants!" prior to showing the initial trailer at E3. This version was canceled for being too paranormal for the Resident Evil plot. Gameplay footage of this version was featured in the Biohazard 4 Secret DVD, released in Japan.

The final proposal before the finished product reportedly featured zombies as enemies once again. It was considered too formulaic by the developers and was discarded before it was publicly shown. Shinji Mikami took over directorial duties from Shibata and began working on the version that was released. At the last beta version, again, several things were changed during the development. Resident Evil 4 was to retain the inventory slot system, but this was changed to the attaché case.

Prior to the game's release, many Capcom producers considered Resident Evil 4 to be a "risky" departure from the series' previous installments. The game's creators sought to reinvent the series by adding a new type of enemy to the game, called "Ganados", as opposed to using the undead creatures from previous Resident Evil games. Unlike other Resident Evil titles, Resident Evil 4's storyline was not centered around the Umbrella Corporation or its exploits. Furthermore, producers expended additional detail to modify and update characters that had previously appeared in the series. In a documentary explaining the conception of the game's characters, a game designer stated he intended to make Leon Kennedy "look tougher, but also cool."

As a result of heavy losses incurred in 2002, Capcom confirmed that Resident Evil 4 was not exclusive to the GameCube as the other game. Along with Resident Evil: Dead Aim and Resident Evil Outbreak, two side story titles that did not fall under the exclusive policy, it was announced on October 31, 2004 that Resident Evil 4 would to come to the PlayStation 2 in 2005, citing increased profit, changing market conditions, and increased consumer satisfaction as the key reasons. On February 1, 2006, Ubisoft announced that they would be publishing the game on the PC. On April 4, 2007, a Wii version was revealed to be in production, and was launched later in the year. The game features all of the extras in the PS2 version, along with other additions, including a trailer for Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.

Youtube Video - Making of Resident Evil 4 - HD (High Quality) Link

Code:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LOfTqhs9Fio&fmt=18

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resident Evil 4 Review

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 25k2yol

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 5ci0ye

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 Vfi2j4

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 2yukc4i

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 Oabua1

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 2jwfgn

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 2vmu4qu

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 2vdnocl

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 2d7igyg

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 5wd0nc

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 11hzazk

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 2d5qaa

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 Jajmva

Enemies

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 2mm9w78

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 2q00ie0

Bosses

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 2s61nb6

Weapons

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 2yxixd3

The Mercenaries

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 Wrz5ex

Secrets

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 U25uo

Concept Art

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 Pueblo

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 LakePueblo

Extras

Quiz - What Resident Evil 4 Weapon Are You?

Code:
http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/ssarahbrown/what-resident-evil-4-weapon-are-you/

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 2jg9c9t

Quiz - What Resident Evil 4 Character Are You?

Code:
http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/ssarahbrown/what-resident-evil-4-character-are-you/

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 2itqxch

Info united into one from
Code:

http://www.residentevilfan.com/re4/default.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_4

Last edited by frodomir on Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 5:56 pm

nice info...i took those quizzes as well and i am a broken butterfly and i turned out to be saddler
Back to top Go down
sibraa5
Zombie
Zombie
sibraa5

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 am

Very nice info!

I loved RE4, and still do..of course..but I wish it wasn;t labeled as Resident Evil.

It's good and all, but it doesn't feel like Resident Evil. As in, they made a brand new game, no zombies, nothing to do with the past Resident Evil's,
but then decided to slap in a few past characters.

I believe that they should have renamed this to something else, and made Resident Evil 4 like the past Resident Evil's.
Back to top Go down
sibraa5
Zombie
Zombie
sibraa5

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:29 am

I got Krauser BTW. I LOL'd at these comments, xD

Anonymous (11/11/2008 20:04:15)
this is gay i don't even like the village chief i always blow his head off

ewanc99 (04/06/2008 04:12:01)
this quiz was shit

Anonymous (12/25/2007 11:19:34)
a pile of monkey droppings

Anonymous (06/14/2007 18:40:21)
shut ze fuck up

gotta love anon.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 10:13 am

sibraa5 wrote:
I got Krauser BTW. I LOL'd at these comments, xD

Anonymous (11/11/2008 20:04:15)
this is gay i don't even like the village chief i always blow his head off

ewanc99 (04/06/2008 04:12:01)
this quiz was shit

Anonymous (12/25/2007 11:19:34)
a pile of monkey droppings

Anonymous (06/14/2007 18:40:21)
shut ze fuck up

gotta love anon.

lul but its always like leon vs krauser vs saddler in that quiz
Back to top Go down
Down
Admin
Admin
Down

Playstation Network none...

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:09 pm

-last warning-
give credit to authors from this
or the website the did it
Back to top Go down
http://www.residentevilforums.net
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:03 am

Down wrote:
-last warning-
give credit to authors from this
or the website the did it

stop doing it -_- if leon didnt attack me than why u attack me? i wrote this topic both here and on wbb
Back to top Go down
Down
Admin
Admin
Down

Playstation Network none...

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:36 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.residentevilforums.net
sibraa5
Zombie
Zombie
sibraa5

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:02 pm

I think you should give the original author credit..Imagine how hard this would have been to do. At least where you got it from. . .
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 12:17 pm

sibraa5 wrote:
I think you should give the original author credit..Imagine how hard this would have been to do. At least where you got it from. . .

its made by me fool i created this shit ages ago on wbb, and down could just check it since he is member there, but if its so hard i guess it is than.
Back to top Go down
sibraa5
Zombie
Zombie
sibraa5

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 4:20 pm

I think Down means the sources you got your info and pics from, I guess.
Back to top Go down
leonada
Zombie
Zombie
leonada

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 3:17 pm

thanks for the info i didnt know some of that
Back to top Go down
BioHazardMerc1
Zombie
Zombie
BioHazardMerc1

Playstation Network Charlz0r

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 4:41 pm

thanks for the info I got few information I didnt know until I read this thread thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Umbrella Spy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Umbrella Spy

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 3:54 pm

VERY NICE INFO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4   Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Everything you need to know about Resident Evil 4
Page 1 of 1