Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
I'm doing it! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
I'm doing it! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
I'm doing it! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
I'm doing it! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
I'm doing it! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
I'm doing it! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
I'm doing it! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
I'm doing it! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
I'm doing it! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

I'm doing it!

Go down 
+3
Ssplain
PWNERX
S.Winters
7 posters
AuthorMessage
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 1:42 pm

All right, guys!

We're doing this. We're going to make something to talk about and make it lively in her. Even if I have to post some crazy topics. (Sorry Vandal! ^-^)

This one will contain......:

Roller Coasters. (Topic Inspired by ThomVD)

Tell us all about your favorite Roller Coasters and/ or theme parks you want to go to!

Or just General info about parks you've been to.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 7:03 pm

I went to Six Flags on June 9th for the Senior trip. I spent about 6 hours there. I rode everything. I spent maybe 10 minutes on rides. The rest of the time was spent either wandering aimlessly throughout the park or eating overpriced food. I was pretty disappointed.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 7:58 pm

PWNERX wrote:
I went to Six Flags on June 9th for the Senior trip. I spent about 6 hours there. I rode everything. I spent maybe 10 minutes on rides. The rest of the time was spent either wandering aimlessly throughout the park or eating overpriced food. I was pretty disappointed.

Which Six Flags did you go to?
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 8:09 pm

PWNERX wrote:

I always spend most of the time waiting in the longest line imaginable for a forty-five second ride. That's one reason Teh_Spike doesn't like theme parks such as Six Flags. Although I'd like to go again sometime...I'm due for a roller coaster ride. The Titan is MSR's choice for best roller coaster. It's the fastest, tallest most B.A. Coaster around.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 9:42 pm

MSR wrote:
The Titan is MSR's choice for best roller coaster. It's the fastest, tallest most B.A. Coaster around.

I have to agree with you on that one. ^-^ But there's way more badass ones out there. I know that, thanks to ThomVD.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 4:07 am

Right, I have no idea where to start, so I'm just going to list my favourite parks and coasters in here.

Parks:

Efteling - Netherlands
This park is what Disney should be. Once you enter the iconic entrance you truly find yourself in a different world. When it comes to coasters, there are better places out there, but there is no park in the world as immersive, atmospheric and beautiful as this one. The place is hidden within a forest, and has so many hidden secrets and quirky stuff that even after years of visiting you still notice new things. One of my favourite rides here are two wooden roller coasters that race each other. There is no place in the world I love more than this one <3

I'm doing it! Ab699b4c1610874e18ce59f6b66f3e26

Phantasialand - Germany
One of the crazier parks out there. This is a park that perfectly combines thrill with theme. The park isn't that big, nor does it have an abundance of rides, but everything they have is excellent. They take common ride types but give it a twist to make it unique. The park is full of surprises, and no ride is what it seems. They have a very balanced ride selection, with fantastic rides of every sort. The theming is over the top fantastic.

I'm doing it! 11401087_10155744627990360_2307946216656334045_n

Europa Park - Germany
Europe's biggest theme park, and a damn good one too. They have twelve coasters and more rides in total than any other park on the planet. It's also a really pretty park, themed after European countries. Each theme area looks different than the other and it really feels like you're in the country it's themed after, with architecture, food and just general atmosphere that belongs to this country. They have a bunch of excellent coasters. My only problem with the park is that ride-wise, aside from a couple of coasters, it's more quantity over quality. Most of the rides in the nearby Phantasialand are superior, meaning this park doesn't satisfy me as much as that park.

I'm doing it! EP_SaisonAB_1_Wodan

Liseberg - Sweden
Germany might be Europe's theme park heaven, but Sweden has two excellent parks too. The first one is Liseberg. This park is in the middle of Gothenburg, built on a hill-side, which gives it a really unique setting. Once you enter the gates you forget that you're in the middle of Sweden's second biggest city. They make the most of their hill-side location, with a lot of rides getting extra height, or coasters that stay close to the ground going up the hill. They have some excellent coasters, and good thrill and water rides. It also has a very traditional amusement park feel to it, and when the night falls it has this unique, romantic atmosphere that I fell in love with. Wonderful place.

I'm doing it! 10527578_345911992226308_3193972494424210336_n

Gröna Lund - Sweden
Similarly to Liseberg, Gröna Lund is in the middle of a big city. This time it's in one of the most beautiful cities I've visited, Stockholm. It literally is in the city centre, and unlike Liseberg, you do very much notice that you're in the city, which makes this park unique. It's next to the water, and all in all it's one of the most gorgeous locations for a park in the world. The park itself is tiny, but features six roller coasters and a lot of thrill rides. It has a crammed feeling, which really gives it a chaotic atmosphere in a good way. Everywhere you look, there is something going on, and all the rides provide an amazing view of the gorgeous capital city. On top of that, the staff is some of the friendliest and (when it comes to the female staff members) most good looking around!

I'm doing it! 01_grona_lund_panoramic

Coasters:

Helix - Liseberg (Sweden)
I rode this in its opening year last year, and it blew me away. It has everything you want in a coaster. It goes upside down seven times, features two launches, multiple airtime hills and lots of twists and turns. It's one of the lengthiest coasters around as well. I love how, because it is built on the hill-side, it stays low to the ground at some times, and other times you're flying through the sky having amazing views of the rest of the park and the city. It also has the most comfortable trains and the ride is glass smooth. A coaster doesn't get more perfect than this.

Black Mamba - Phantasialand (Germany)
This beautifully African themed inverted coaster is a brilliant mix of aesthetics and thrill. When the train leaves the station the lights turn off and African drums start playing, which is a great touch. Then from the moment you leave the lifthill until you hit the brakes, there is non-stop action. You fly past rocks, waterfalls, grass, in a beautifully landscaped area. You go upside down four times, and the ride just doesn't let up.

Shambhala - PortAventura (Spain)
This is the tallest coaster in Europe, and one of the best ones. The seats are some of the most open and comfortable, and every hill you fly over on this beauty, you get weightless for countless of seconds. If there is any coaster that makes you feel like you are flying, it is this one. It is quite a surreal feeling to be so high up in the air just floating out of your seat. The turnaround also has plenty of forces, and it's just an amazingly fun ride.

Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park (Germany)
This coaster was rated as the best coaster on the planet last year, and while it's not my absolute fave, it is no doubt an excellent coaster. While Shambhala is more of a lovely floating experience, this coaster throws you out of your seat on every hill. If it wasn't for the lap-bar, you would literally fly off this thing. It also has a nearly vertical twisting first drop that really pulls you down if you sit in the back seat. It has seven hills, and all of them provide some of the most intense airtime.

Joris en de Draak - Efteling (Netherlands)
Out of this list, this is easily the most family friendly coaster, but that doesn't make it any less fun. When it comes to pure fun-factor, this duelling racing coaster is hard to beat. It isn't very big, but incredibly fast paced and feels more out-of-control than any of the above mentioned coasters. With many little dips, hils, and turns, you'll really be flying over the track until the very end. No matter how many times you ride this, it will always be non-stop laughter and fun in its purest form.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 9:59 pm

POV videos unfortunately don't really do any justice here, though. To get the full experience out of a roller coaster, you have to be on it yourself. Superman Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in northern California is insane, but yet on a POV video of it, it looks downright mundane.

For the record, I'm terrified of roller coasters and always have been ever since I was a kid. But that's exactly why I ride them.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Here's a video of the X-2. Located at Six Flags Magic Mountain in California.

Everytime I look at it, I just wanna ride the damn thing.

ONE DAY!

Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 9:03 am

Ghost, I have ridden a clone of that ride in Holiday Park, Germany. It's good fun indeed!

I've gotten to the point that no coaster scares me anymore, they are just purely enjoyment. Drop towers however.....

This is probably the best coaster in the US.

Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 12:09 pm

MSR wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

I always spend most of the time waiting in the longest line imaginable for a forty-five second ride. That's one reason Teh_Spike doesn't like theme parks such as Six Flags. Although I'd like to go again sometime...I'm due for a roller coaster ride. The Titan is MSR's choice for best roller coaster. It's the fastest, tallest most B.A. Coaster around.

Nope, I spent about 5 minutes total waiting in line.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 8:26 pm

MSR wrote:
I always spend most of the time waiting in the longest line imaginable for a forty-five second ride. That's one reason Teh_Spike doesn't like theme parks such as Six Flags.
Unless you make the mistake of going on a weekend or holiday, the wait times generally aren't that bad. I rode Medusa twice yesterday at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and I think I spent a total combined time of about 10 minutes in line, and that's for the park's most popular ride.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
MSR wrote:
I always spend most of the time waiting in the longest line imaginable for a forty-five second ride. That's one reason Teh_Spike doesn't like theme parks such as Six Flags.
Unless you make the mistake of going on a weekend or holiday, the wait times generally aren't that bad. I rode Medusa twice yesterday at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and I think I spent a total combined time of about 10 minutes in line, and that's for the park's most popular ride.

I really need to hop on that and go to our nearest Six Flags. I always liked those short times.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 6:16 pm

I have to travel to Atlanta in 2 weeks on a business trip. I may hit up Sixflags on my last day if I can get anyone else to go.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 4:18 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I have to travel to Atlanta in 2 weeks on a business trip. I may hit up Sixflags on my last day if I can get anyone else to go.

Should take a picture at the peak of the highest ride, or video and give a shoutout to REF!

1 piece of advice; don't go on a water ride too early and have to spend the remainder of the day wet.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 9:00 pm

MSR wrote:
1 piece of advice; don't go on a water ride too early and have to spend the remainder of the day wet.
Depending on the temperature, one would probably dry off real quick. I know I did, and it was only in the high 80s/low 90s when I last went. And with him going to the one in Georgia in the middle of summer, it's probably going to be hot as fuck. Even if it's not, they have walk-in air dryers that you can use to dry off rather quickly.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
MSR wrote:
Depending on the temperature, one would probably dry off real quick. I know I did, and it was only in the high 80s/low 90s when I last went. And with him going to the one in Georgia in the middle of summer, it's probably going to be hot as fuck. Even if it's not, they have walk-in air dryers that you can use to dry off rather quickly.

This LOL. It only takes about 30 minutes to dry off without the air dryers. I will give a shout out fo sho. If I don't make it on my trip, we are going this year for Halloween with a group.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
MSR wrote:

This LOL. It only takes about 30 minutes to dry off without the air dryers. I will give a shout out fo sho. If I don't make it on my trip, we are going this year for Halloween with a group.

MSR's point was socks n shoes don't dry easily like that, and I'm sure Ssplain doesn't want pruney feet.

Six Flags Halloween haunted houses ftw
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 3:58 pm

I guess I'll have something to add to this thread in a couple of weeks. For now, over and out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I guess I'll have something to add to this thread in a couple of weeks. For now, over and out.

Hell yes, and so will I. In a couple of weeks I'll know all about the coasters and parks in Finland!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm doing it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm doing it!   I'm doing it! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm doing it!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Others :: Off Topic-
Jump to: