Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight

Go down 
+5
ThomVD
Ssplain
MSR
S.Winters
Verbotenvoice
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Verbotenvoice
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Verbotenvoice

RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight Empty
PostSubject: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 2:52 am

So, I'm down to chapter 5 - 5 in Resident Evil 4 for the second time since I've bought the game. Unfortunately, it took me longer to beat it this time than last time, but that's because I did a lot more exploring which I planned on doing when I started the game over (after I played Separate Ways and unlocked Leon's suave Humphrey Bogart get-up!) Anyways, RE4 became one of my favorite games ever in a very short amount of time. It's one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had and as far as I'm concerned, no other RE games compare (IMO). It's truly one of a kind. I have many saved games and I never have a problem starting RE4 over from the beginning. Every part of the game is highly enjoyable (excluding the optical camouflaged insects >:[ Fuck those things!) and not one level, puzzle or boss fight gets old. But the reason for this post is for me to review my absolute favorite boss fight in the game and that's none other than Leon's ex-comrade Jack Krauser. I love the cut-scene in which you have to knife fight Krauser while listening to the dialogue, it's challenging and keeps you on the edge of your seat, then shortly after; you reach an area of ruins where you duke is out with this crazy S.O.B with a mixture of gun play and hand-to-hand/knife combat. The reason I love this particular boss fight so much is because, to me, it feels like classic Capcom. It's like RE4 crosses over into Street Fighter as soon as you enter the ruins to fight Krauser (and after all, he does look like Guile's evil cousin). In RE4 walkthroughs and forums, people talk about the quickest ways to kill Krauser (and if you're doing a speed run or just trying to beat your clear time record, it's understandable), but every time I fight him I like to be as strategic as possible, while not cutting any corners (even though this usually results in him killing me at least once or twice...) The stand-off with Krauser isn't as hard as the boss fights with the likes of the Xenomor-I mean Verdugo or the U-3, especially once you memorize his patterns; it's just an incredible, signature piece of Capcom game-play and I love it Very Happy

I write a lot of reviews on film, series, literature, music and games, but I figured a Resident Evil 4 review would get a better response on a Resident Evil forum than on my fb.

Favorite boss fight/challenge in RE4? Anybody else?

RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight Latest?cb=20080713070027
Back to top Go down
http://www.rapeworm.bandcamp.com
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 10:16 am

I know my favorite boss fight... Ha ha. Vandal.

Probably the whole game of having to keep Ashley from being killed that's a hard boss fight. She never does what you want to.

Ok, maybe serious now. I don't think I have a favorite. I'll probably have to go back and play it again. Test out that "HD" version that's floating around on the xbox 360 marketplace.
Back to top Go down
Verbotenvoice
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Verbotenvoice

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Keeping Ashley out of harm's way is definitely one of the greatest challenges of the game, unless you unlock the armor costume, then when enemies pick her up, she still cries "Help!" but falls out of their arms. I thought I was just getting lucky until I realized it was a special feature of the armor.
Of course, you have to beat Separate Ways first to unlock it; along with Leon's mobster get-up, which serves no purpose, it just looks damn good on him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 5:23 pm

Verbotenvoice wrote:
Keeping Ashley out of harm's way is definitely one of the greatest challenges of the game, unless you unlock the armor costume, then when enemies pick her up, she still cries "Help!" but falls out of their arms. I thought I was just getting lucky until I realized it was a special feature of the armor.
Of course, you have to beat Separate Ways first to unlock it; along with Leon's mobster get-up, which serves no purpose, it just looks damn good on him Very Happy

I always liked that feature of the armor. It's pretty funny when you shoot her though. What's not to love about that Chicago Typewriter.

He does look pretty good in the costume. ^_^ I like that you can get him to throw his hat in the air.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 7:41 pm

Krauser 2nd form boss fight FTW. Mainly pre-super arm of death, but still including that finale at the top of the building armed with explosives. It's honestly what RE5's Chris V Wesker boss fight should've been. It's fun and keeps you on your toes with dodging Jack's knife attacks or explosives. It's a cool battle between two fighters, Leon and Krauser. It's not protagonist versus horrifically ugly monster, and so it's a different kind of challenge.

That said, it's cool in RE4 but that's not the ideal or fav boss fight of mine in all of RE.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 4:21 pm

There are so many enjoyable and visually pleasing boss fights in re4 it is hard to pick one. RE4 has more boss fights than any other game in the series and they are all unique. The Krauser quick time fight is one for the books.

I think one of my favorite fights was with the Del Lago. I remember trying to cross that lake the first time just waiting on something crazy to happen and boy did it.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 9:13 am

I really liked Del Lago too. It felt different than all the other RE bosses, both gameplay and atmosphere-wise. I found most boss fights entertaining though. Hard to pick a favourite. RE4 is such a good game.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 8:21 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I really liked Del Lago too. It felt different than all the other RE bosses, both gameplay and atmosphere-wise. I found most boss fights entertaining though. Hard to pick a favourite. RE4 is such a good game.

Teh Spike says all of RE4's boss fights on the FIRST play through are >.
Back to top Go down
Verbotenvoice
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Verbotenvoice

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Yeah, RE4 is one of my all time favorite games. Period. So, it really is hard to pick a favorite boss fight. I suppose when it comes to Krauser, I more so like how different it is from the rest and as I said, I like that it kind of reminds me of a Street Fighter/Resident Evil cross-over fight.
But ultimately, my favorite part of the game is the entire stretch from when you fight the Del Lago and El Gigante (the first one), to Mendez and the Ganados battle with Luis right before entering the castle.
Such a great game.

S.Winters wrote:
Verbotenvoice wrote:

I always liked that feature of the armor. It's pretty funny when you shoot her though. What's not to love about that Chicago Typewriter.

He does look pretty good in the costume. ^_^ I like that you can get him to throw his hat in the air.

I never tried shooting her. I was always curious, but too afraid of it killing her, but it would crack me up when I would aim at her and the visor on the knight helm would shut on its own. Hilarious.

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merging double posts. Please use the edit button in the future.)
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 2:03 pm

Verbotenvoice wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
Verbotenvoice wrote:

I never tried shooting her. I was always curious, but too afraid of it killing her, but it would crack me up when I would aim at her and the visor on the knight helm would shut on its own. Hilarious.

It like taking my frustration out on her by shooting her.

Oh, and a side note. Be careful about double posting. You'll get the watchful eye of Vandal on you.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 9:22 pm

Yes, in the future, please use the edit button. Double posts are only tolerated if a topic has been inactive for a long-ish period and one has new info or is attempting to restart the discussion.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 10:24 pm

It does take a little getting used to to get everything you wanted to quote in one post. You'll get the hang of it eventually. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 4:17 pm

RE4 is somehow one of my least favorite in the main series. It had good portions and I liked the character of Luis and how Albert was doing all that shit in the background and the two extra missions with Ada, oh, and the Mercenaries mode's first appearance in its current form... But still... I've beaten it twice and I doubt I'll ever play it again. Krauser was a lame character and that QTE-centric knife battle with him is one of my most detestable moments in gaming, ever.

Anyway, I guess my favorite boss fight would be... None of the battles in the actual game. Super Salvador, aka Mr. Salvador from the Waterworld Mercenaries stage has got to be one of the most adrenaline filled fights in a game, ever. He is the one I choose.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 8:00 pm

I was actually pretty upset that Luis died..
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 1:13 am

S.Winters wrote:
I was actually pretty upset that Luis died..

If they ever make a Chronicles game about the more recent titles, I would love it if RE4's extra story mission was for Luis.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Verbotenvoice
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Verbotenvoice

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Yes, in the future, please use the edit button. Double posts are only tolerated if a topic has been inactive for a long-ish period and one has new info or is attempting to restart the discussion.

I don't even know what double posting is to give you an idea of how much I know Neutral
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 10:09 pm

Verbotenvoice wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

I don't even know what double posting is to give you an idea of how much I know Neutral
Double posting is when one posts twice back to back. If after this post, I were to post again right away before anyone else, that would be double posting.
Back to top Go down
Verbotenvoice
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Verbotenvoice

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 1:03 am

Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 1:27 pm

gotta agree with mass here about salvador, he really should of been in the main game imo.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Dr. Salvador shoulda been like a Nemesis or Mr. X in that he should have been chasing around Leon and Ashley most of the game, and only stop when he is gunned down (where he'll return after a pre-set amount of time to once again give chase).

Heck, RE4 could've been more like the previous games if the item drops came from enemies with guns, boxes, Dr. Salvador, or trades with the Merchant. It'd be even more like previous games if it had more focus on puzzles and keys (IE, the previous three games had environments that encouraged full exploration of areas to both uncover story elements and make progress into wherever the player may be. Think: Police Station, Mansion, and the City Streets).
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 9:31 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Dr. Salvador shoulda been like a Nemesis or Mr. X in that he should have been chasing around Leon and Ashley most of the game, and only stop when he is gunned down (where he'll return after a pre-set amount of time to once again give chase).

Heck, RE4 could've been more like the previous games if the item drops came from enemies with guns, boxes, Dr. Salvador, or trades with the Merchant. It'd be even more like previous games if it had more focus on puzzles and keys (IE, the previous three games had environments that encouraged full exploration of areas to both uncover story elements and make progress into wherever the player may be. Think: Police Station, Mansion, and the City Streets).

it would of been interesting to see how that would of materialised, the thing is capcom were never gonna keep the same game play style and elements because action games were becoming more prominent around the time of its release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight   RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight Empty

Back to top Go down

RE4 REVIEW - Favorite boss fight
Page 1 of 1