Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
[RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
[RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
[RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
[RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
[RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
[RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
[RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
[RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
[RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

[RUMOUR] Wesker's Return

Go down 
+12
NiteKrawler
LindaWesker19
Mass Distraction
MSR
Lukong
37 Narwhals
Ssplain
TheBatMan
PWNERX
Ghost Leader
Vandal
PAULSAMSON
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

[RUMOUR] Wesker's Return Empty
PostSubject: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 10:01 am

This is just a rumor started by VA DC Douglas on this twitter account

https://twitter.com/DC_Douglas/status/606023047892471808

taking into consideration that the number 7 should indicate a direct sequel, I doubt it'll be a spin off flashback title, so maybe Wesker will be revived for the second time.......matching the record stated by Big Boss of Metal Gear Razz.

For what I've seen in the past, VA twitter's rumor have some truth in them, I just hope this isn't true though

Last edited by PAULSAMSON on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 10:53 am

Well first off you can never trust voice actors on their twitters. For one if DC was involved in RE7 in any way, he'd have to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Secondly, just because it's a number in front of it doesn't mean that it's takes place after RE6. Castlevania 3 was a prequel.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 12:16 pm

Vandal wrote:
Well first off you can never trust voice actors on their twitters. For one if DC was involved in RE7 in any way, he'd have to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Secondly, just because it's a number in front of it doesn't mean that it's takes place after RE6. Castlevania 3 was a prequel.

Ok Ok Ok. So many things to say.... First off I mostly agree with, but this franchise has some exceptions.

The VA thingy: before Rev 2 I would have thought like you, but there is no info about rev2 VAs. They all used aliases cause it was an unsyndicated job, not sure how that works, but maybe NDAs have no effect there. And Douglas said long before Rev 2 that he was going to be in Raid Mode

Numbering: I feel ya breh, i should've been more specific, when it comes to RE the numbered titles are always sequels in the timelines, even RE3 that starts before RE2 ends after it (and the purpose of 3 was to tell the events of racoon city after leon and claire escaped, yes it wasn't meant to be numbered at first and the playstation deal forced them to use a number but after that they were all sequels) and for some reason they always release numbered games and then a ton of spin offs and cg movies that go in between the numbered titles.

Castlevania: yes, 2 is a sequel and 3 is a prequel, but this interview with koji igarashi of his development on SotN always makes me think about the gamers fightning over timeline of games meanwhile devs don't think too much about it, here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F921P5jrFbI just at 34:53(couldn't find just the interview, but it's something). he basically says that no one was in charge of the series and they just made games for the franchise and released whatever they wanted.

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: I don't think any RE fan think Albert coming back is the way to go, if they fucked up the "villains" on RE6 it is their own fault, not the names of the characters.Just look at the link Douglas posted, any fan would dissagree with most of those items.

Rev 2 very minor spoiler

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 1:46 pm

I really hope this isn't true. Reviving Wesker would be a real cop out, IMO, and would only further turn me off from the franchise.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Wesker is toast. The only ways Capcom would be able to bring him back is either time machine or a very tasty Barbeque.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 3:44 pm

There's nothing to confirm or deny. That's DC simply responding to an article about some poorly informed website's ideas to save the series. He's not insinuating Wesker's comeback whatsoever. He just likes the idea of Wesker's comeback if it were to happen. He hasn't 'started' any rumours whatsoever.

No disrespect, but I can't stand it when people start rumours like this. It's a cancer of the RE community at times. The same with all this Billy and Rebecca Revelations 3 nonsense.

This is a non-starter.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 4:41 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
There's nothing to confirm or deny. That's DC simply responding to an article about some poorly informed website's ideas to save the series. He's not insinuating Wesker's comeback whatsoever. He just likes the idea of Wesker's comeback if it were to happen. He hasn't 'started' any rumours whatsoever.

No disrespect, but I can't stand it when people start rumours like this. It's a cancer of the RE community at times. The same with all this Billy and Rebecca Revelations 3 nonsense.

This is a non-starter.

Wait...

Billy and Rebecca are going to be in Revelations 3, Wesker is the villain and the plot takes place both pre-re2 and post revelations 2!? I can't wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Ssplain wrote:
TheBatMan wrote:

This is a non-starter.

Wait...

Billy and Rebecca are going to be in Revelations 3, Wesker is the villain and the plot takes place both pre-re2 and post revelations 2!? I can't wait!!!!

TIME MACHINE.

DELICIOUS POST-VOLCANO BARBEQUE.

PICK ONE.

WESKER AINT EXISTING AGAIN UNLESS EITHER OF THESE HAPPEN.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 5:01 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
TheBatMan wrote:

This is a non-starter.

Wait...

TIME MACHINE.

DELICIOUS POST-VOLCANO BARBEQUE.

PICK ONE.

WESKER AINT EXISTING AGAIN UNLESS EITHER OF THESE HAPPEN.

I pick the time machine, so I can go back before the Barbeque was dropped in the volcano! Winner winner chicken dinner.

I am only joshing. If Wesker is ever brought back from the dead he will have diminishing returns and will never live up to his own legendary status. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Reading the replies reveals that his post doesn't mean anything except that he likes the idea.

Spoiler:

But yeah, bringing him back to life would be dumb.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:04 pm

TheBatMan wrote:

This is a non-starter.

No disrespect at all Bats, i posted this here cause this is a small community and I pretty much know how we all think: none of us think bringing Wesker back (yet again) is the way to go. What worries me is this kind of poor websites that always said "go back to the roots" just cause they like to bash the series and Capcom. The list is garbage like I said before. Maybe I should've emphatize more that the rumour is stupid, BUT, there is a prescedent of Douglas spoiling his participations, so we never know. Maybe the devs think that the poor reception of Simmons was based on he not being Wesker, and not that the villain was just bad.
Like I said, this is a small community, so I guess posting this here is no harm, maybe I've would have liked that we discuss more of who the next villain will be, and if it is a really bad idea to bring wesker back, which I think we all agree it is bad. this isn't Gamefaqs where every rumour is misleading and sadly those sites that apparently never played the franchise keep insisiting of how Wesker dying made the series worse, which is just wrong.

then again, if anyone feels this thread doesn't need to exist or that it has a misleading title or anything like that, feel free to ask the admins to delete it.
Back to top Go down
Lukong
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 3:38 am

They could bring back Wesker if you use "The Vessel" theory (When Something inside is more powerful, but your only a shell, cocoon or nest for what comes out)

What if the enemy inside Wesker couldn't be kill with rocket launchers or lava then what kind of secenario would you have to go through to destroy him (Vaccine, Enviroment Crush, PRG weapons (RE4), Fire w/Fire, etc)

Besides once His son is in why have Wesker back (I had hope of seeing Wesker again cause he wasn't like every enemy in RE, but we have his son)
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 4:49 am

As much as I love the character, there's no need to bring him back, especially as there is no realistic way to do it. Simmons seemed ideal to become a new long-standing villain but Capcom obviously didn't think so. Sadly I think the days of recurring villains in this series are gone. It's villain of the week from now on.

Perhaps RE7 could move forward to something completely new and REV3 could be a prequel of sorts that could involve Wesker. There is a significant gap in the timeline from 2006 to Bio5 in 2009 where nothing much happens aside from Lost in Nightmares. Wesker is thought to be dead at that point by the core cast so I'd like to see REV3 perhaps take place in 2007 with a new character and Wesker as the villain. Throw in Jessica and Raymond too as Tricell agents and we could be on the money.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 8:16 am

TheBatMan wrote:
As much as I love the character, there's no need to bring him back, especially as there is no realistic way to do it. Simmons seemed ideal to become a new long-standing villain but Capcom obviously didn't think so. Sadly I think the days of recurring villains in this series are gone. It's villain of the week from now on.

Revelations 2 Ending might change that
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 9:10 am

But that's the thing, it won't. Alex Wesker is dead.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 9:13 am

TheBatMan wrote:
But that's the thing, it won't. Alex Wesker is dead.

Yes, but, if they put this in there for nothing I'm really gonna be mad.....not that anyone cares, but I'll be mad.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 10:21 am

Yeah, they clearly have some plan for Alex Wesker.. or Natalia in the future. Not sure what the whole plan is.. but we will see Natalia again I am sure. What kind of role, I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 10:36 am

I'm sure that scene is not in there for nothing. Point is - that is not Alex Wesker. Her mind transfer plan was a failure. She expected to reawaken in Natalia's body, but all it did was create a dormant copy of her personality in Natalia. It's not actually Alex herself. She died when Claire put a rocket in her face, hence no returning villain.

If Natalia was used again, her shift to evil would be because of Alex's mindset implanted into her. But it would still be Natalia at the end of the day, not Alex.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 1:35 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
I'm sure that scene is not in there for nothing. Point is - that is not Alex Wesker. Her mind transfer plan was a failure. She expected to reawaken in Natalia's body, but all it did was create a dormant copy of her personality in Natalia. It's not actually Alex herself. She died when Claire put a rocket in her face, hence no returning villain.

If Natalia was used again, her shift to evil would be because of Alex's mindset implanted into her. But it would still be Natalia at the end of the day, not Alex.

Reminds of the old discussion of RE0, is the villain the real Marcus, or just the Queen Leech using his body?
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 1:43 pm

Yes, that's a very good example. It was the Queen Leech. A new entity altogether, but something that retained memories of Marcus himself such as his hatred of Umbrella and Spencer.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 10:23 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
I really hope this isn't true. Reviving Wesker would be a real cop out, IMO, and would only further turn me off from the franchise.

Good gravy people. Albert Wesker is NOT returning. DC Douglas needs to seriously calm down. Capcom only brought him in on UC to give us a familiar voice before killing off Al in RE5. Although Wesker did mention "7 minutes" in RE5. 7 mins = RE7?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 2:53 pm

MSR wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Good gravy people. Albert Wesker is NOT returning. DC Douglas needs to seriously calm down. Capcom only brought him in on UC to give us a familiar voice before killing off Al in RE5. Although Wesker did mention "7 minutes" in RE5. 7 mins = RE7?

Could we please not mention ever again DC's voice in UC? That raped my ears.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 4:34 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
MSR wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Could we please not mention ever again DC's voice in UC? That raped my ears.

That raped everyone's ears. Teh_Spike will never forget playing UC fir the first time and not even realizing it was Wesker narrating the game! Didnt realize it until the mansion incident when he referred to himself to where MSR was able to put two and two together. So bad
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 7:02 am

Just get DC Douglas to say "Stop it, don't open THAT door!"

Then everyone will either be absolutely fine or develop bleeding ears.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 5:23 am

PWNERX wrote:
Just get DC Douglas to say "Stop it, don't open THAT door!"

Then everyone will either be absolutely fine or develop bleeding ears.

((I think I'd REALLY enjoy if DC Douglas said ALL of original RE1 Wesker's lines))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return   [RUMOUR] Wesker's Return Empty

Back to top Go down

[RUMOUR] Wesker's Return
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next