HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Go down 
+32
Mcghie
greenblue
00biohazard
chrisredfielmusculo
gmc1992
Hollapeno
Valentine Fan
EQOAnostalgia
Mullet_Wesker
TwerkinBirkin
Kobalt
AzureSparkle
AWDCP
TeenWolf420
Bulls-3ye
DXP
Ssplain
sliced-bread-no2
RebelliousQueen
will1234562
sirjibbs323
TheBatMan
37 Narwhals
White Rock
PWNERX
DampRevil
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
Ghost Leader
PAULSAMSON
Known_Hero
Vandal
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 4:03 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
Cloning has always been a massive part of the series right from the very beginning though. Where do you think all those identical looking B.O.W.s come from? The Hunters, the Cerberus, The evolved Lickers etc - all clones from the same single specimen. It's how they are mass-produced.

This is definitely true, but out of context to this specific conversation. I do not believe anyone has a problem with your everyday B.O.Ws being manufactured to look similar.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Well, if the Outbreak series has taught me anything, Mass Production will only make things easier to kill. Just ask Thanatos.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 9:57 am

Ssplain wrote:
TheBatMan wrote:
Cloning has always been a massive part of the series right from the very beginning though. Where do you think all those identical looking B.O.W.s come from? The Hunters, the Cerberus, The evolved Lickers etc - all clones from the same single specimen. It's how they are mass-produced.

This is definitely true, but out of context to this specific conversation. I do not believe anyone has a problem with your everyday B.O.Ws being manufactured to look similar.

Exactly, I dont have any qualms with mass produced or cloned BOWS, especially when it comes ti generic Hunters, lickers, reapers, etc. Teh Spike just feels that cloning people and invisibility and shit like that dont really have a place in RE. Whats next, spaceships and lazer guns? Teleportation? Vector in ORC and HUNK in REV2 each have invisibilty. I dont like that. I dont like when RE characters can turn invisible as part of the canon.

@AWDCP, true there is no Burnside. Im sure you must've at least appreciated the in-game referrence though when Claire first finds a handgun she murmurs, "More reliable than any person" lol

@PWNERX, r u sayin that thanatos was ez? Psh I dont believe that. Prove it
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:36 pm

MSR wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
TheBatMan wrote:

Exactly, I dont have any qualms with mass produced or cloned BOWS, especially when it comes ti generic Hunters, lickers, reapers, etc. Teh Spike just feels that cloning people and invisibility and shit like that dont really have a place in RE. Whats next, spaceships and lazer guns? Teleportation? Vector in ORC and HUNK in REV2 each have invisibilty. I dont like that. I dont like when RE characters can turn invisible as part of the canon.

@AWDCP, true there is no Burnside. Im sure you must've at least appreciated the in-game referrence though when Claire first finds a handgun she murmurs, "More reliable than any person" lol

@PWNERX, r u sayin that thanatos was ez? Psh I dont believe that. Prove it

No, I'm saying that Thanatos wasn't easy due to him not being Mass Produced.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:18 pm

The invisibility thing was just a game play gimmick for a non-canon and irrelevant title at the end of the day. ORC has no place in the canon series.

Sergei's clones were bought by Umbrella simply to help create a better strain of t-Virus that allowed more people to become Tyrants. It solved the missing link left behind from Wesker's Report 2 when Birkin created the Tyrant strain in 1988 but had no suitable test subjects because it was only compatible to 1 in every 100,000,000 people.

But I will admit the Ada/Carla clone was completely and utterly pointless. No need for that at all.

But those three points aside, that's all there is in the series in regards to cloning and with 19 years and 20+ games, I'd hardly say it was over-saturated.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 6:35 am

Now that I think about it, are the B.O.W.s in the series even clones? I know the Tyrants are not actually clones, as they had to harvest children in order to produce them. They had to extract a certain hormone from the child's brain while still alive as stated in one of the files in Survivor.

They may just look the same because they are made the same.. and also probably because Capcom doesn't want to make a ton of different models. At one point in Survivor you can have 10s of them coming at you at a time
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:13 am

TheBatMan wrote:
The invisibility thing was just a game play gimmick for a non-canon and irrelevant title at the end of the day. ORC has no place in the canon series.

Sergei's clones were bought by Umbrella simply to help create a better strain of t-Virus that allowed more people to become Tyrants. It solved the missing link left behind from Wesker's Report 2 when Birkin created the Tyrant strain in 1988 but had no suitable test subjects because it was only compatible to 1 in every 100,000,000 people.

But I will admit the Ada/Carla clone was completely and utterly pointless. No need for that at all.

But those three points aside, that's all there is in the series in regards to cloning and with 19 years and 20+ games, I'd hardly say it was over-saturated.

Dammit batsy why do you always have to ruin a perfectly good argument by bringing facts into it

@PWNER, oh.

@Ssplain, I do recall the method in which they mass produced tyrants over on Sheena island.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptySat May 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Actually the Beta Hertero Nonserotonin from Gun Survivor used to make Tyrants is another huge misconception about the series.

This chemical is not used to create Tyrants - the compatibility problem was already solved thanks to Birkin using Sergei's clones to engineer a new t-Virus strain that was more adaptable to humans becoming Tyrants.

The chemical extracted from teenagers in Gun Survivor was actually used solely to create the Hypnos Tyrant; a smaller, more agile and more ferocious type of Tyrant.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptySat May 16, 2015 8:29 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
Actually the Beta Hertero Nonserotonin from Gun Survivor used to make Tyrants is another huge misconception about the series.

This chemical is not used to create Tyrants - the compatibility problem was already solved thanks to Birkin using Sergei's clones to engineer a new t-Virus strain that was more adaptable to humans becoming Tyrants.

The chemical extracted from teenagers in Gun Survivor was actually used solely to create the Hypnos Tyrant; a smaller, more agile and more ferocious type of Tyrant.

Only problem with the Hypnos T-type would be his inability to take down amnesiacs with infinite ammo handguns and their back turned.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 8:59 am

TheBatMan wrote:

Gun Survivor is the Japanese copy of the game while the US version is simply Survivor.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 1:23 pm

Yes I know. I usually refer to the games as Biohazard rather than Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 6:18 pm

MSR wrote:
TheBatMan wrote:

Gun Survivor is the Japanese copy of the game while the US version is simply Survivor.

TheBatMan wrote:
Yes I know. I usually refer to the games as Biohazard rather than Resident Evil.

Oh, good. For some reason I thought you said the chemical extracted from the subject's brains wasnt used to mass produce tyrants.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 8:42 pm

The game is good.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 9:26 pm

I agree with PWNERX, the game is good.

The strange thing is; I enjoyed this game far more than re5 and 6 for a first time playthrough and they added plenty of reason to replay the game. I can't seem to complete a second playthrough though. I mean the first playthrough was gripping and I could not wait to play it again! Now that I have beaten it though, I rarely play it anymore.

This is the first game I have enjoyed so much but played so little in the series.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:34 am

It could've had additional possible unlockables.

Cuz that would've been nice.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 1:39 pm

PWNERX wrote:

Like you woulda ever unlocked the possible unlockables, PWNERX

@Ssplain, MSR is in a similar situation. I essentially watched someone play through REV2, and while Teh_Spike was really excited for REV2, what with Claire and Barry making returns as well as the game being a sequel to the awesome predecessor, Revelations, I've just found it difficult to sit down and play through the game's campaign on my own current first playthrough.

Teh_Spike also saw REV2's ending. So whats going on, Alex transferred her mind into the body of the young Natalya? So the long awaited Alex Wesker, who started as some blonde bitch that some here at REF have once or twice called a "tranny"", is now a little girl, who could show up in later installments?

Maybe RE7(whenever it takes place) will have a supergroup team of antagonists; Alex teams up with Jessica and Raymond from the first REV and they noin forces with former Umbrella supervisor Sgt.Nickolai Ginovaef. Thats when we can have the super friends/justice league finale with Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire and Barry.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 2:19 pm

MSR wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Like you woulda ever unlocked the possible unlockables, PWNERX

@Ssplain, MSR is in a similar situation. I essentially watched someone play through REV2, and while Teh_Spike was really excited for REV2, what with Claire and Barry making returns as well as the game being a sequel to the awesome predecessor, Revelations, I've just found it difficult to sit down and play through the game's campaign on  my own current first playthrough.

Teh_Spike also saw REV2's ending. So whats going on, Alex transferred her mind into the body of the young Natalya? So the long awaited Alex Wesker, who started as some blonde bitch that some here at REF have once or twice called a "tranny"", is now a little girl, who could show up in later installments?

Maybe RE7(whenever it takes place) will have a supergroup team of antagonists; Alex teams up with Jessica and Raymond from the first REV and they noin forces with former Umbrella supervisor Sgt.Nickolai Ginovaef. Thats when we can have the super friends/justice league finale with Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire and Barry.

I don't see your RECV/X Unlockable Weaponry, which I just so happen to own on the PS2 version.

Also, that idea for RE7 is just the idea Capcom will need. Even though it'll probably involve a 'Bad Dudes' story where Russian Commandos kidnap the president. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 4:48 pm

MSR wrote:
There's actually two endings, you saw the bad one. The game's director did imply that Natalia could still become Alex after the good ending though.

Last edited by 37 Narwhals on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 7:48 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
MSR wrote:
There's actually two endings, you saw the bad one. The game's director did say that Natalia could still become Alex after the good ending though.

Source please? Not that I don't believe you, just want to read the whole thing Razz
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 7:40 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
MSR wrote:
There's actually two endings, you saw the bad one. The game's director did say that Natalia could still become Alex after the good ending though.

Source please? Not that I don't believe you, just want to read the whole thing Razz

A source would be nice. Teh_Spike would also like something official for the record.

@37Narwhals, when MSR finally plays through REV2 in its entirety it should all make more sense. Not sure how I feel about body transfers tho... A little far fetched. This isn't some aliens invade and take over human bodies game.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 9:17 pm

MSR wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
MSR wrote:

A source would be nice. Teh_Spike would also like something official for the record.

@37Narwhals, when MSR finally plays through REV2 in its entirety it should all make more sense. Not sure how I feel about body transfers tho... A little far fetched. This isn't some aliens invade and take over human bodies game.

No body snatchers in the game as far as the eye can see...

wait a minute.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 11:33 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
MSR wrote:
No problem. I was going to post it anyway once I found time to look for it again. Here's the part I was referring to:

Quote :
YA: At least until some way through Barry’s campaign, the part of Alex that resides in Natalia hasn’t yet awakened – so through that point, Natalia’s conscience has complete control. However, Alex’s memories have become mixed with some of Natalia’s, so the reason Natalia exclaims, “Moira!? She’s dead…” is because fragments of Alex’s memory have become mixed with Natalia’s and she hasn’t gotten a handle on the fact that they are different at that point in time.

The transfer of Alex’s memories was not 100% completed, so in order for Alex’s personality to become a dominant force within Natalia, a trigger became necessary. One of those triggers can be seen in the “bad ending” – when she is truly put in a life threatening situation. In the “good ending,” Natalia escapes right before that point, so she escapes with her consciousness still as Natalia. What happens to her, how she lives her life after the ending, however, is something that we’ll have to save for the future. Hopefully the fans will enjoy debating and theorizing amongst themselves.

Here's the link: http://residentevil.com.br/site/revil-interviews-yasuhiro-anpo-resident-evil-revelations-2-game-director

MSR wrote:
That's understandable. Personally I'm just glad they finally did a plot that doesn't involve terrorism again.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Very nice read! Thanks for the link Narwhals
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:57 pm

Ssplain wrote:

Indeed.

@37Narwhals, Teh_Spike concurs; the terrorism plot is wayyy overdone in RE as of late. If only Capcom could/would duplicate the awesome experience from like RE1 or RE2.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 10:24 pm

MSR wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

Indeed.

@37Narwhals, Teh_Spike concurs; the terrorism plot is wayyy overdone in RE as of late. If only Capcom could/would duplicate the awesome experience from like RE1 or RE2.

Well, REV2 only has the Claire/Moira kidnapping cutscene when it comes to the terrorism plot. Otherwise, it's another case of CV/X when people are caught at an inappropriate time and stuck in a situation that requires them to use anything to their disposal in order to escape. And maybe a couple random pieces of weaponry to help, because they'd obviously be in a place like that (unless the game is CV/X, where there would be stuff like that laying around.).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Revelations 2
Page 25 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next