Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Uroborus  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Uroborus  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Uroborus  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Uroborus  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Uroborus  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Uroborus  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Uroborus  EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Uroborus  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Uroborus  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Uroborus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 5:28 am

Hey, guys, sorry I've been away for so long. I had to replace my system because it had below standard hardware and I had to set up my new Wifi and system management software, but now I'm back and glad to be.

Now, I'm currently writing a novel in progress about what would have happened if Wesker had pulled the trigger in RE5 when he had his pistol pointed right at Chris's forehead in the bomberjet instead of proclaim the new role he was going to fulfill. I for one don't think Chris could have escaped death at this point.

In this story, Wesker kills Chris and Sheva both and then unleashes Uroborus into the atmosphere, setting the plan of spreading it throughout the world into motion. Of course, Africa and the surrounding countries would be the first to suffer because of how close they are. The rest of the nearby continents would be then be infected in due time.

Could you please tell me how long it would take Uroborus to spread throughout the globe, how many people would show signs of infection at first? This is one aspect of my novel that I would like your assistance with. It would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 5:31 am

Can't really say how long it'd take for the virus to take over the whole planet but what comes to the whole infection thing, it'd most likely be almost instantaneous like it was with Excella and the other dude who were incompatible. Not sure how long it'd take for the "chosen ones" to get adapted to the virus. Or how long they'd survive in a world filled with Uroboros mutants.

Welcome back, by the way. I thought you had left us for good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 12:00 pm

He did mention complete global saturation. I honestly thought all that talk of a few chosen people was BS because literally everyone who was infected by the virus turned into a tentacle monster. I think Wesker only survived it because ofhis unique DNA. So if Wesker did get away with it, no one would have survived. Remeber one of Chris' lines? "He actually plans on destroying the entire planet." I don't think there's much of a story to go on, unless one of your main characters is a tentacle monster trying to get her sempai's attention.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 1:00 pm

Vandal wrote:
He did mention complete global saturation. I honestly thought all that talk of a few chosen people was BS because literally everyone who was infected by the virus turned into a tentacle monster. I think Wesker only survived it because ofhis unique DNA. So if Wesker did get away with it, no one would have survived. Remeber one of Chris' lines? "He actually plans on destroying the entire planet." I don't think there's much of a story to go on, unless one of your main characters is a tentacle monster trying to get her sempai's attention.

How many people did we see get infected with the virus? Three? If the genetic compatibility with the virus is super rare it's certainly possible there would literally be only few. Like Alex, for example, with his genetic code being similar to Albert's (supposedly) AND him being in the possession of the "key to immortality". If all you really need is people with similar genetic structure, like the Wesker children, there could be a few people compatible. I doubt Mr. Wesker got all the world's children to participate in his little Wesker Children project.

Sure, there's a chance Abert was just talking from his ass but there's also a chance he wasn't. In any case, even if only a handful of people out of every single person on earth survived, that's pretty much equivalent to the destruction of the whole planet.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Vandal wrote:
one of your main characters is a tentacle monster trying to get her sempai's attention.

This

That's RE7. And this time around the series is finally going back to it's roots! The War Ends Now!

Also, Albert didn't seem to ingest or internally in any way, get infected with Uroboros. It looked like it was all external.

Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 10:13 am

I was thinking, wouldn't Uroborus eventually adapt to living beings? I mean, like any virus, wouldn't it assimilate enough genetic material from humans or other mammals into its genetic code in order to better co-exist with them? Let's say Uroborus infects a host and then that host infects another and then another, would the virus not evolve to the point where it could blend better with organic entities?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 11:22 am

Well who knows how it works? When the virus infected Excella it took on the mass of a pile of dead bodies. When it attacked alpha team it kind of ignored those dead bodies and seemed to be have made with just one dude. Same thing with the next one after that in the lab.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptyThu May 01, 2014 12:27 pm

Vandal wrote:
Well who knows how it works? When the virus infected Excella it took on the mass of a pile of dead bodies. When it attacked alpha team it kind of ignored those dead bodies and seemed to be have made with just one dude. Same thing with the next one after that in the lab.

Interesting comparisons. Would you say then that uroborus follows a pattern of feeding or behaviour?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptyThu May 01, 2014 4:07 pm

I wouldn't say that. I'd say it just spreads…
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptyFri May 02, 2014 4:26 am

Teh Spike wrote:
Albert didn't seem to ingest or internally in any way, get infected with Uroboros. It looked like it was all external.

I bet those tentacles dug pretty deep though, so it propably wasn't just external.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptySat May 03, 2014 2:54 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Albert didn't seem to ingest or internally in any way, get infected with Uroboros. It looked like it was all external.

I bet those tentacles dug pretty deep though, so it propably wasn't just external.

True. The tentacles are moving through his body if you really take a look at it. He's just not really affected mentally by it.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptySat May 03, 2014 4:11 am

Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

True. The tentacles are moving through his body if you really take a look at it. He's just not really affected mentally by it.

Normally these would be pretty painful to have on ya, but Wesker didn't seem to mind.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptySat May 03, 2014 5:13 am

Well, Mkono seemed to be able for a few moments to make the tentacles withdraw into him and his eyes turned orange. He was proof that Uroborus could be controlled. I imagine if he had spread it to another host, perhaps it would have been able to retain control for longer and then by the next host, the ability to assert more conscious control over the virus might have manifested.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptySat May 03, 2014 5:49 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
Well, Mkono seemed to be able for a few moments to make the tentacles withdraw into him and his eyes turned orange. He was proof that Uroborus could be controlled. I imagine if he had spread it to another host, perhaps it would have been able to retain control for longer and then by the next host, the ability to assert more conscious control over the virus might have manifested.

I don't think that's the case, I doubt the virus regresses from host to host or anything. At least according to Albert, it does seem that all it really has to do is with a person's genetic heritage or something like that. Just look at Albert himself, he was able to control it quite well despite being the first host.

PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

Normally these would be pretty painful to have on ya, but Wesker didn't seem to mind.

Well, he does have experience in being impaled Razz
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:21 am

Would Uroborus spread throughout the globe in hours if it were released as planned? Could anyone please offer an estimate?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptyWed May 07, 2014 4:29 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
Would Uroborus spread throughout the globe in hours if it were released as planned? Could anyone please offer an estimate?

Since no one here is a virologist your guess is as good as anyone's.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  EmptyFri May 09, 2014 1:35 pm

True, but the scenario in which the world was pitted against Uroborus would be an interesting one. It would test the mettle of everyone like never before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uroborus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uroborus    Uroborus  Empty

Back to top Go down

Uroborus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion-
Jump to: