Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Jake Leading The Series? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Jake Leading The Series? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Jake Leading The Series? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Jake Leading The Series? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Jake Leading The Series? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Jake Leading The Series? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Jake Leading The Series? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Jake Leading The Series? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Jake Leading The Series? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Jake Leading The Series?

Go down 
+3
Ssplain
TheSkinniMini1
DampRevil
7 posters

Would you like Jake to become a leading protagonist?
Yeah, I love Jake!
Jake Leading The Series? Vote_lcap0%Jake Leading The Series? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I wouldn't mind.
Jake Leading The Series? Vote_lcap63%Jake Leading The Series? Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
No, I hate Jake.
Jake Leading The Series? Vote_lcap37%Jake Leading The Series? Vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

Jake Leading The Series? Empty
PostSubject: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:47 am

So many people seem to think Jake Muller has the potential to become a leading protagonist in the Resident Evil series. Between Jake's epilogue, Ada's epilogue, and Capcom stating that Ada's epilogue was meant to set Jake up for an appearance in another Resident Evil title, it seems they may be right.

How do you feel? Should Jake come back, or should he be laid to rest?
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 10:37 am

I'm neutral on Jake so it wouldn't mind either way. However as Wesker's son I'm sure he'll be back regardless.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 2:59 pm

I feel the same way. I wouldn't mind if he came back, but I wouldn't be upset if he didn't. I'm sure Ada's epilogue was meant to be a hint towards Resident Evil 7 though.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Was that epilogue really Ada's or did it just so happen to be seen bc you finished all the campaigns? I ask bc it seems odd to have an Ada epilogue with no Ada.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Yeah, I'm sure it's Ada epilogue, even though she's not in it. Since all the other characters have two endings, and Ada only has one ending, it's her epilogue.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:51 pm

That's very weird. However they did leave Ada's story open in her ending so I guess they figure she didn't need to be in her epilogue.

However if Jake was in the next game, where would you like to see his story go?
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:59 pm

I don't think Ada got an epilogue because she's supposed to be a mysterious character. I'm not quite sure where I want Jake's story to go, I guess he'll be a protagonist, though I'm not sure what he'll do in the future.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:06 pm

I personally would like him to meet more of the people that his father has hurt and meet his "uncle" Alex. This could cause him to have an internal struggle and question if he really can be a good person. Basically I want his future story to have him fighting himself. Maybe Alex somehow convinces him that he just wasn't meant to do good things like himself and his father before him . However hearing just how horrible his father was from more than one person truly convinces him that he is not his father or Alex and can never be them and in fact aren't like them.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 11:23 pm

Okay so I don't really "hate" Jake... but I do not ever care to play as him. I feel way to over powered as Jake. He would be good for the more action oriented titles. I prefer being under powered and terrified though. The epilogue made it look like we are getting Dante (DMC) 2.0, which I hope is not the case. As I have said before; at this rate the monsters will be running from the good guys instead of the other way around.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 11:47 pm

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
I personally would like him to meet more of the people that his father has hurt and meet his "uncle" Alex. This could cause him to have an internal struggle and question if he really can be a good person. Basically I want his future story to have him fighting himself. Maybe Alex somehow convinces him that he just wasn't meant to do good things like himself and his father before him. However hearing just how horrible his father was from more than one person truly convinces him that he is not his father or Alex and can never be them and in fact aren't like them.
I agree, Jake needs to meet more characters from the series. He's met Chris, Leon, and Sherry, so that's a start. I think it would be interesting if he met Jill. Jill being kidnapped and forced to be Wesker's slave would really convince Jake that his dad was truly evil. She could show Jake her scar from the P30 device as well. Jill has the physical evidence to show how evil Wesker was. I do agree that the most interesting story for Jake at this point would be him struggling to understand who he is. He was the son of the world's most dangerous man, and he believes that he's going to follow in his father's footsteps.  On the other hand, he created a vaccine that saved the world. He has the best of the best, but also the worst of the worst. To see him struggle between the two extremes would be very interesting.

Ssplain wrote:

Okay so I don't really "hate" Jake... but I do not ever care to play as him. I feel way to over powered as Jake. He would be good for the more action oriented titles. I prefer being under powered and terrified though. The epilogue made it look like we are getting Dante (DMC) 2.0, which I hope is not the case. As I have said before; at this rate the monsters will be running from the good guys instead of the other way around.
I agree that Jake is very overpowered, and it would probably only get worse if he came back. Your last sentence made me laugh!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:03 am

You're missing one option from your poll. I kinda like Jake but I still wouldn't want him to be the main main character anytime soon. Maybe some day, just... Not now. His own campaign, sure, but his own game? I'm kind of on the edge with that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:31 am

Jake was alright. But one thing is for certain, if Jake is in the game it's pretty much guaranteed that itll be action oriented. And while i like some good action, and Capcom knows how to do badass action sequences, but i think most fans are hoping for more Survival and Horror.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:48 am

^okay if we are going back to SH for real, then no for Jake as the leading character in the main series. A side campaign ala Separate Ways or even a spinoff of some kind is possible. I just don't see Capcom getting rid of him as long as they are using this current canon storyline. They made him connected to Wesker for a reason.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
You're missing one option from your poll. I kinda like Jake but I still wouldn't want him to be the main main character anytime soon. Maybe some day, just... Not now. His own campaign, sure, but his own game? I'm kind of on the edge with that.
I was going to include more options, but I didn't know how to word them! I with you about Jake. I could handle Jake in a game with multiple playable campaigns, but if Jake was the only playable character, I'm don't think I could. Jake's cool, but I wouldn't be sold on the idea of playing as him for an entire game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 3:26 am

I'd still buy the game. I'd propably end up liking it too. I guess I'd have to have a game with him on the lead in my hands before I could pass any judgement but right now I don't really feel like having him as the main protagonist.

We really need an announcement for the next title soon... The wait is killing me!
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 1:20 pm

I'd definitely buy the game too, and I would enjoy it too, but Jake just isn't my first pick for a protagonist.

I would love to see a teaser for Resident Evil 7, or any Resident Evil project, at E3. I'm kinda skeptical that Resident Evil will be at E3 this year though because Resident Evil 6 has only been out for about eight months.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 1:56 pm

I'm still hopeful for that Dino Crisis revival. Even if we didn't get any RE news, that would satisfy my craving for a new title, at least for a little while.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 4:00 pm

I've only played Dino Crisis once, and that was about 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 4:44 pm

I'm not a fan of Jake. If he ends up as the protagonist in 7 then I'll take that as a sign that I should wait for the price to drop before buying it.

DampRevil wrote:
I'd definitely buy the game too, and I would enjoy it too, but Jake just isn't my first pick for a protagonist.

I would love to see a teaser for Resident Evil 7, or any Resident Evil project, at E3. I'm kinda skeptical that Resident Evil will be at E3 this year though because Resident Evil 6 has only been out for about eight months.

RE5 was announced the same year that RE4 was released.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:19 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

RE5 was announced the same year that RE4 was released.

And they said they are going to start producing games with shorter intervals now. Then again, RE6 wasn't announced until years after RE5.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Resident Evil 5 was probably announced in the same year Resident Evil 4 was released because Capcom was probably still high on the success of Resident Evil 4. After the failure of Resident Evil 6, I'm sure Capcom is going to take some time to evaluate Resident Evil before announcing Resident Evil 7.

I'm sure Resident Evil 7 is in the works though. We've all heard of the costume designer who had Resident Evil 7 listed under her resume. I believe it too because two actors from Resident Evil 6 listed it on their LinkedIn profiles way before Resident Evil 6 was even announced. Also, I don't think a professional would lie and say that she worked on a game that she hasn't. I'm not sure if Resident Evil 7 is close to release, but I'm 100% sure Capcom is working on it.

And going by her LinkedIn profile, Resident Evil 7 started November of 2012, one month after Resident Evil 6 was released. Since a costume designer was working on Resident Evil 7, that means Capcom knows who's in the game. With Resident Evil 7 starting production right after Resident Evil 6 was released, I'm sure Jake will be there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 3:12 am

DampRevil wrote:
Since a costume designer was working on Resident Evil 7, that means Capcom knows who's in the game. With Resident Evil 7 starting production right after Resident Evil 6 was released, I'm sure Jake will be there somewhere.

Not necessarily. Remember how Chris wasn't even supposed to be in RE6, then he suddenly was supposed to die in it and then they decided to add Piers from the comics into the mix? And knowing how much the games have changed during development each and every time...
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Chris was added last minute, but I'm sure they added him before they stated writing the story. I can't imagine Capcom got too far into development before adding Chris. As for Piers, he was created for Resident Evil 6. I know the comic was released alongside Resident Evil 6 to give players a better understanding of why Chris and Piers are in Resident Evil 6.
Back to top Go down
10SecondTidy
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
10SecondTidy

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 3:58 pm

I think Jake and Claire would make an interesting duo for RE7. A young, impulsive hard ass paired with a mature, quick witted (and HOT Razz) older chick! They also both have connections to Sherry, after all, and Claire desperately needs some loving! It's been far too long... She always seems to get paired with someone younger in all her appearances.. Sherry, Steve (though that age difference wasn't too big of a gap) and Ronnie.. so her being paired with Jake would be pretty interesting, I think.. I know she's taken a more peaceful route than the other main protagonists, but she could easily get caught up in an outbreak or something.. Perhaps she could be part of a relief group in the middle east and get's caught up in an outbreak far beyond what she had predicted and the majority of her team get's killed off? These sort of situations are always good for horror, which this game is supposed to be returning to, I hear and hope..

I sort of see Jake being the future of the series, given the fact that he's Wesker's son and a protagonist.. and on top of that he was in Ada's prologue.. the one that concludes RE6 in the middle east when he's saving that boy.. I'd like to see his character further develop as he struggles to deal with the stigma of his father and his uncle.. That could be very interesting to watch.. I'd love to see some of the mysterious Alex Wesker! Perhaps he's tied in with "the family?" and will reveal to Jake even more about his mysterious past and try to manipulate him or something?

As for other characters from the series appearing in the game.. Sherry would have a good chance, I think, if the two above were the male and female leads.. I would rather see her as a supporting character this time, though, because it would be boring to see her and Jake paired up as main protagonists again.. Chris, Jill and.... Barry could also make an appearance maybe? Perhaps they would have ties with Sherry?.. I wouldn't want them to be main characters either.. just supporting characters.. Perhaps a rescue mission! Maybe they'd always be grouped together and Claire/Jake would run in to them sometimes or perhaps only in the later stages of the game's campaign.. They've all had their own games in recent days, while Jake had to share his first game with several other co-leads and Claire hasn't been in a main game since Code Veronica!..

If Claire does have a role in RE7, it'd be nice to finally clear up what happened with Steve's remains once and for all.. I didn't particularly care for him that much, though he wasn't that bad in Darkside Chronicles.. It's been a long time since Code Veronica.. Perhaps Claire will find out that Steve is in fact gone for good or that he's been turned in to a monster and she'll have to put him out of his misery once and for all? It's been a long time since she had her romantic encounter with him and she's obviously dated other men and grown up a lot since then.. Perhaps she'll finally get the answer she needs, have an emotional moment and grow stronger from it or something.. maybe have a nervous breakdown after hearing about what happened to him after Albert Wesker captured him.. perhaps he was used as a test subject much like Lisa Trevor? This would give Claire even more reason to despise bio-terrorism and develop her character further.. It'd be interesting to see something really dark like that happen..

I think Claire and Jake could have some potentially funny and interesting chemistry.. Maybe she'll tease him at some point and ask him how he feels about Sherry and he'll get embarrassed lol..

I don't know.. this is sort of what I'd like to see out of RE7, anyway.. I wouldn't be surprised if the game did go in a direction similar to this, honestly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jake Leading The Series?   Jake Leading The Series? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jake Leading The Series?
Page 1 of 1