Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? Empty
PostSubject: Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?   Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Why won't CAPCOM port RE2 and 3 to the Wii?
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?   Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Probably because the Wii is a dead console and Capcom would make no money off of porting them. Even if they were ported to the Wii U, Capcom probably wouldn't make any money.

The only thing I could see Capcom doing with Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 is remaking them, and I doubt that will ever happen.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?   Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 2:48 pm

You can play the Gamecube versions of those on the Wii so what's the point?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?   Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 7:09 pm

That doesn't seem to stop Capcom though. If you recall, Resident Evil 0, Remake, and 4 were all on Gamecube and then later ported to the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?   Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 2:59 am

I know but still, there's really no point in wanting Wii editions when they'd only be the exact same as they were on Gamecube. RE4 is the only game in the series I saw an actual reason to port on the Wii because of the controls and the PS2 additions. The only RE2 release on the Wii I would actually want is if they ported the N64 version since it had the EX files and some other additional content. RE3 is pretty much the same on every console so that one would be kind of pointless.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?   Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 6:33 pm

I completely agree, porting RE2 and RE3 to the Wii would be pointless. Knowing Capcom's record though, I wouldn't put it past them. However, if it were going to happen, it would have happened already.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?   Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 6:44 pm

You know, I wonder why the GC version of RE2 wasn't the N64 version. Would've made sense, at least.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?   Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 1:26 am

We know how Capcom is.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?   Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 5:41 am

We can't really have that as a reason for everything though. I would love to see what the behind the scenes reasons for the decision are.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?   Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:49 pm

They might have had to do more than simply port the 64 version to the PS1. It might have been like the Revelations port, where they had to actually redesign parts of the game. Capcom probably didn't want to waste time and money on adding the extra content into the game.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?   Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 12:25 am

Jamesy wrote:
Why won't CAPCOM port RE2 and 3 to the Wii?

Been waiting awhile for that one have you? I wished they would have released RE2, RE3 and CVX under that Archives brand they used with REmake and RE0. With either each as their own or those 3 packaged together. Maybe Archives RE5 port for Wii U.

I bought both Archives when they first came out, and i remember i was so excited for some badass extras, like a cutescene browser, some conceptual art that we can admire more than just temporarily after completing REmake on one of its uber challenging stupid ridiculous modes like Invisible Enemy, Real Survival, or the one where Forest stalks you around the mansion. Despite everyone claiming it would be a straight port(even though the grenade launcher glitch from REmake was fixed in Archives), i optimistically played to the end only to have Capcom piss in my oatmeal and leave me hanging with dissapointment and a bitter taste in my mouth from the unnecessarily pointless purchases, which i had to get for the sake of my collection!

As far as REmakes of RE2 and RE3, indeed REmake2 and REmake3, DSC has an awesome and dark, as well as in my opinion a pretty honest and faithful re-imagining of the events from RE2. And i actually did like, on the whole, the UC ″remake″ of RE3. Mainly just playing as remade Jill and Carlos in Outbreak levels, even if it was completely ludacris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?   Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why haven't CAPCOM done this yet?
Page 1 of 1