HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What is in store for Chris redfield next?

Go down 
+10
MSR
RebelliousQueen
Ghost Leader
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
PAULSAMSON
Ssplain
DampRevil
Known_Hero
Jamesy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

What is in store for Chris redfield next? Empty
PostSubject: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 11:44 am

I find Chris redfields character the most interesting in the series much more so than Leon Kennedy.  Seeing him age, his battle with his alcohol problems and his beef with wesker etc.  Although re6 was a bad game I thought we saw a much deeper insight into Chris redfields mental state/ personality than any other previous resident evil title.  For instance in re6 we saw a lot more of his 'bad temper' than in Re5.  We already knew from previous files that Chris was a hot head but we never actually saw him properly lose it.  He lost his temper frequently with piers in RE6.

Yes I know he has been very overused so most likely he will not be appearing in RE7 (but you never know?).  More to the point of this thread what do you think CAPCOM will do next with Chris judging by how he has been used so far?
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 3:26 pm

I hope they don't use him at all(for a while). I want to see Jill, Claire, Rebecca, Jessica and Sheva(yes, I said Sheva!
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:04 pm

I love Chris, but I hope we don't see him for a long time. He was the main character of Resident Evil 5, a main character in Resident Evil: Revelations, and a main character in Resident Evil 6. Chris has been a main character in three main titles back-to-back, I think he's had more than enough screen-time lately. Not to mention Chris was in The Mercenaries 3D as well, and while I usually don't count non-canon appearances, it still counts for something.

Will Chris be in Resident Evil 7, I hope not. However, I assume Resident Evil 7 will pick up where Resident Evil 6 left off. Ada's epilogue showed that the C-Virus has spread to other parts of the world, we also see Chris accepting a mission. So Chris could be in Resident Evil 7, but I truly hope Capcom gives him a break.

I'm on the Jill and Claire bandwagon for Resident Evil 7. There's a lot of reasons why I think Jill and Claire should lead Resident Evil 7, but that's irrelevant to this thread.

I'm not quite sure where Chris will go in future games. I assume he's over his alcoholism and he'll probably go back to the Chris that we saw in Resident Evil 5. I don't think we'll see any more character development for Chris, or any other character in the Resident Evil series. I love all the characters, but they're about as shallow as a kiddie pool.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:21 pm

I love Chris as a character. I would like to see that our characters are not invincible though. I would actually like to see a main protagonist die and would be perfectly okay if that was Mr. Chris Redfield. IMO the story needs something dramatic to happen so we feel vunerable and underpowered again.

However I think Chris is too big of a cash cow for Capcom and they will continue him on the route he is currently on. I think they will use him less over the next 5 years, but he will remain the legendary Chris Redfield he is today. Who knows, maybe he will land in the next CGI movie. That would be something new for him.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:24 am

suffer more traumas of course!
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:33 am

Ssplain wrote:
I love Chris as a character. I would like to see that our characters are not invincible though. I would actually like to see a main protagonist die and would be perfectly okay if that was Mr. Chris Redfield. IMO the story needs something dramatic to happen so we feel vunerable and underpowered again.
Capcom said that they were discussing a story-line in Resident Evil 6 where Chris was going to die instead of Piers. They decided against it though because they said there was no real reason to kill Chris and it would have been a useless "shock" death.

I think it's too late for Chris, and even Leon for that matter, to be vulnerable again. Both characters have been set up to be action heroes and Capcom will never make them truly vulnerable again. Leon from Damnation is worse than Alice from all 5 movies put together. Chris and Leon may show signs of weakness, but nothing comes from it. It's not just Chris and Leon, it's pretty much all the characters in the series. Parker and Angela are the most believable characters, to me, that Capcom has created since the series' change in direction.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 5:30 am

DampRevil wrote:
Leon from Damnation is worse than Alice from all 5 movies put together.

Are you serious? At least he didn't have any superpowers, drive motorcycles through stain glass windows of impossible heights, gain an army of his own clones and copy other movies while doing all that.

Btw. Congrats for the 100 posts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Thanks!

But yeah, I'm dead serious. Driving a motorcycle through a stained glass window pales in comparison to what Leon does. I doubt Leon, and Helena for that matter, would have been able to jump from an elevator that's flying though the air and then land on another one without any injuries. They shouldn't have even survived the explosion, let alone have the time to jump. Another thing I've always had a problem with is that in Damnation Leon gets slammed into a concrete pillar, then gets body slammed onto the hard ground by the new Mr. X, and then instantly gets up and takes off running. Every bone in his body should have been shattered. The fact that Alice has clones doesn't effect who she is, it doesn't change the real Alice in any way. Keep in mind that I'm not defending Alice though, I find her to be an unrealistic character.

Leon in the games is the equivalent to Alice from the films. They're both over powered action heroes. The only difference between the two is that Leon doesn't have powers.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:09 pm

This thread is full of invalid.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:13 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Jamesy is asking what we think is in store for Chris. What's "invalid" about that?
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:31 pm

I agree, nothing in this thread is invalid. Plus, most of it is opinion anyways, so nothing can be invalid.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Chris is gonna have a son or daughter in the future. Just like Wesker did. Because Capcom doesn't care anymore of the storyline. Their makin' more money.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Jamesy is asking what we think is in store for Chris. What's "invalid" about that?

What was above my post. That is complete invalid.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:24 am

I just call it like I see. To me, there's just no justifying Leon as realistic character. I'm not saying my opinion is a fact, but it's the way I feel.

@RebelliousQueen I think Chris is too old to have children now. Not to mention that he isn't exactly mentally stable, that and he's too focused on his job. Chris lives for his job.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:10 pm

PWNERX wrote:
What was above my post. That is complete invalid.
No, it's not. That's his opinion and he's entitled to it, whether you like it or not.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Jimbo you seem really fixated on Chris being a hot head. But you're right that we don't see much of Chris losing his composure prior to RE6. Except in CVX, especially when it involves Wesker or his sister. Again i think Roger Craig Smith does such a great job on the character. It'd be cool to have a game(or CG movie) that has RCS as Chris and Allison Court as Claire, together. Although technically Darkside already did that in the CVX rail shooting Game Of Oblivion.

Known_Hero wrote:
I want to see...Sheva(yes, I said Sheva!

Fuck You. Well i do think Chris needs a break anyhow.

And i agree with PWNER and Mass. Come on, Leon in Degeneration as bad as Alice? What blasphemous filth. Leon was dull, but everyone has off days. And did you say Leon wasn't a realistic or believeable character, Damp? If so, please elaborate.
Back to top Go down
KelvintheCamper
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
KelvintheCamper

Steam : GamerKelvin

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 8:14 pm

Go to google,you'll get your answer.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 1:53 pm

KelvintheCamper wrote:
I don't see how Google would be of any use here since the topic is asking our opinions on a character's future development. I don't know about Mass, PWNERX, DampRevil, or anyone else that's responded to this topic, but Google surely isn't going to tell anyone what my opinion is.

How about you post something useful instead of all this spammy crap that you've posted so far? At this point, I'm inclined to think you're posting just to get your post count up, which is spamming by our rules.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 2:17 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
KelvintheCamper wrote:
I don't see how Google would be of any use here since the topic is asking our opinions on a character's future development. I don't know about Mass, PWNERX, DampRevil, or anyone else that's responded to this topic, but Google surely isn't going to tell anyone what my opinion is.

How about you post something useful instead of all this spammy crap that you've posted so far? At this point, I'm inclined to think you're posting just to get your post count up, which is spamming by our rules.

Oh come on Ghost, Kelvin's post is anything but useless.

It's pretty obvious at this point that Kelvin is the man with the answers, and you can bet your bottom dollar that he knows what he's talking about for sure.

I can't believe we didn't think of that before, alls you have to do is go to Google and your answer will be right there, duh.
Back to top Go down
Amadeus31B
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Amadeus31B

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Death hopefully.
Classic RE characters have been twisted around and perverted enough.
I believe they should start anew with an interesting setting and Resident Evil 1 vibe.
I will hate to see Jill go, though. I love that pixel woman.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyThu May 01, 2014 12:32 am

Technically, Jake is like what… 19 years old? They don't have to kill anyone off. Just use newer characters.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyThu May 01, 2014 2:09 am

Amadeus31B wrote:
Death hopefully.
Classic RE characters have been twisted around and perverted enough.
I believe they should start anew with an interesting setting and Resident Evil 1 vibe.
I will hate to see Jill go, though. I love that pixel woman.

I wouldn't be against at least one of the main characters being off'd. I liked how Capcom made everyone believe Jill was dead for awhile with RE5. Well mainly pre-RE5's release, because that game was spoiled like no other.

Not sure why Vandal mentioned Jake. I wouldn't mind seeing Jake Mueller again, but most want more of a horror experience, and that may be impossible if we play as a super human-like character.

I like your avy Amedeus. Ghost and I are both avid MGS fans. I bought a collection for 360 awhile back, that included Peace Walker. But i just kinda stopped playing it. I'd like to finish it at some point.
Back to top Go down
Amadeus31B
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Amadeus31B

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:23 pm

I'd miss the original cast, but they've been dead for some time now. Chris and Leon have been warped into superheroes and Jill was turned into a Playboy cover-girl (I miss those pouty good looks, damn it.) I agree with Vandal in the sense that they don't HAVE to be killed off, but they SHOULD discontinue their story if Resident Evil is to survive. I mean, at this point, it's like a cheesy WWE storyline. Capcom should start fresh and take some pointers from Evil Within.

And thank you, I've loved Metal Gear since childhood. Awesome to see so many fans of the classics here.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySat May 03, 2014 2:15 am

Amadeus31B wrote:
Capcom should start fresh and take some pointers from Evil Within.

I know I've been a Negative Nancy when it comes to that game for a while now but don't you guys think this is a liiiiiitle too early to start praising the game like that? All we have seen are trailers that tell us absolutely nothing of the final product.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? EmptySat May 03, 2014 2:52 am

To be fair, Capcom hasn't been doing that bang up of a job with their property. Not saying that they should follow suite with Evil Within since there's only about 20 minutes gameplay max on the net, but at this point, I'd say taking a look at what made Resident Evil good to begin with isn't such a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is in store for Chris redfield next?   What is in store for Chris redfield next? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is in store for Chris redfield next?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next