Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE7 news?

Go down 
+7
will1234562
Ghost Leader
Vandal
DampRevil
MSR
weskersbarber
Jamesy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:50 pm

As Conan O'Brien said; "these aren't zombies, they're pinatas." They didn't offer any challenge, they soaked up bullets, and above all, they were boring, you didn't even face a horde of them at any point in the game despite the false e3 promises. Zombies in Dead Rising on the Wii offered more challenge, variation, and number.

I suppose my main issue is the controls, if the controls weren't as bad I'd enjoy the game. That isn't the case though, because most times I play Mercs with friends they all die, and I'm always a split second late before I get to save them.

In my opinion, Chris had the best story. I still had problems with it, but it was the best of the four.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:36 am

What was wrong with the controls? I set them basically like RE4 except with the addition of being able to move.and shoot and reload and stuff. Twas pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:02 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
DampRevil wrote:
While that could be a rumor, I do believe it. The last time a Resident Evil game was mentioned on LinkedIn, it was two actors listing their roles in Resident Evil 6. Both of those actors are under the credits for Resident Evil 6. This woman was very specific about her role for Resident Evil 7, and I doubt a professional would lie about the projects they've worked on.

While the above image could be Photoshopped, I'd like to think it's not.
It's real, I've seen the profile before.

That still doesn't mean the game is in full development. Character designing (read: concept art) can be worked on for ages before they ever start planning what the game is about. As far as we know they might just have a general idea. If previous entries in the series are any indication, things are bound to change during development.

DampRevil wrote:
@37 Narwhals True, games can change drastically. It's mostly the story that changes though. Usually the cast and genre stay the same.

Tell that to every concept of a main RE title.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:22 am

The Spike wrote:
What was wrong with the controls? I set them basically like RE4 except with the addition of being able to move.and shoot and reload and stuff. Twas pretty nice.
I'm speaking about the dodging really. In a good game, like Gears of War, all you have to do is point your left stick where you want to go and tap A to dodge. In Resident Evil 6, you have to aim, point your thumbstick, then tap A. It's one more step but it always gets in the way when you want to quickly get out of the way from an impending attack. The horrible camera doesn't help either, often jerking around and fighting with where I want to point it, or changing the rules in the middle of a hectec moment, the camera is responsible for many deaths in the game.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:19 am

Vandal wrote:
The Spike wrote:
I'm speaking about the dodging really. In a good game, like Gears of War, all you have to do is point your left stick where you want to go and tap A to dodge. In Resident Evil 6, you have to aim, point your thumbstick, then tap A. It's one more step but it always gets in the way when you want to quickly get out of the way from an impending attack. The horrible camera doesn't help either, often jerking around and fighting with where I want to point it, or changing the rules in the middle of a hectec moment, the camera is responsible for many deaths in the game.

RE6 is probably one of the most unforgiving when it comes to player deaths. That said, I still didnt really have any issues with the controls. Of course I am speaking primarily about when playing Leon's campaign or playing against zombies. I dread playing against the Ju'avo that are armed with fully auto machine guns...it takes me right back to ORC.

I find the dodging to be a nice extra. I believe ive mentioned before how I wouldnt mind if they kept those mechanics for future RE games, but that I didnt see much use for them anyway, because they really arent that necessary overall. I think they are cool and fun to use. Idk, I just dont have many issues with the controls specifically in RE6. Once I get them set to the classic control scheme, which actually makes things like wall cover nearly pointless because of using the left stick for aiming, but I digress.

I enjoy tank movement ala RE5 and RER, but RR6 is definitely NOT tank-like, but still moves nicely. Idk what to tell ya Vandal. Perhaps give it another try playing with zombies? I do know tjat overall I find playing against the Ju'avo just plain aggrevating.

Also, it'd be nice to hear opinions from others on the controls. Love em? Hate em? And whats your stance on projectile enemies(i.e. Enemies with machine guns, rocket launcher, more fully auto machine guns and other weird projectiles like spitters and arm deformations). Oh, and am I seriously the only player that sets the controls classic? I get the feeling most everyone else just plays default...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:51 am

I really didn't mind the controls. I got used to them really quickly and never were the controls a reason for a screw up, more often than not the dodge ability saved my ass. Sure the button combination could've been easier but I really didn't care. I do agree with Vandal on the camera, though. They should stop playing with camera angles in hectic scenes, that screws players over and causes pointless deaths.

The Spike wrote:
Also, it'd be nice to hear opinions from others on the controls. Love em? Hate em? And whats your stance on projectile enemies(i.e. Enemies with machine guns, rocket launcher, more fully auto machine guns and other weird projectiles like spitters and arm deformations). Oh, and am I seriously the only player that sets the controls classic? I get the feeling most everyone else just plays default...
Moving while aiming/shooting/reloading should stay. There's no reason you have to stand around when reloading your gun or taking a shot. Dodging is also appreciated. I could do with less throws that take forever to perform and get tedious after using them the hundreth time.

As for projectile enemies... Meh, I don't mind as long as I can move and dodge their projectiles. What I could do less with is chainsaw enemies. There really is no need to have them in every single game.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:26 am

R u kidding? We NEED chainsaws. Thats the only reason I even buy RE games anymore!

Oh, so you guys are talking about the camera when it changes randomly, causing unforgiving and unnecessary deaths? Yeah that was obnoxious but it bother me too much. I thought the camera generally, like just when moving and stuff ordinarily, was pretty good. ORC was the only RE game(ha! RE game) that had controls that I just couldn't do. Those controls are a blemish on the buttocks of Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:41 am

I dunno, I actually got used to ORC controls really quick too. I think the only RE games that I've ever had trouble getting used to as far as controls go are Dead Aim, Survivor 2 (oh GOD) and Missions. Fuck Missions, seriously, I can't even call whatever the game had "controls".
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:14 pm

I'm ok with RE6's controls since we can finally use basic dodging without the need of a quick time event. Honesty some of hits we take in 4 and 5 could have easily been avoided if we could just shuffle some to the left or right.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Maybe it's also just me, but the way you move your character is also painful for me. Moving the character and moving the camera are two different functions and get in the way of turning and moving. In Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, the camera never left your shoulder, and it was good. We had control of the camera enough to see something if we wanted to, then it would snap back behind you. The camera seems to be my biggest issue I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 8:41 am

Vandal wrote:
Maybe it's also just me, but the way you move your character is also painful for me. Moving the character and moving the camera are two different functions and get in the way of turning and moving. In Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, the camera never left your shoulder, and it was good. We had control of the camera enough to see something if we wanted to, then it would snap back behind you. The camera seems to be my biggest issue I suppose.
I didn't find it painful, but i found it annoying at times. In GTA, the camera is like that, but it eventually goes behind you again after some time. For 6, it didn't unless you manually turned it or if you pressed on L3 or X/A.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I didn't find it painful, but i found it annoying at times. In GTA, the camera is like that, but it eventually goes behind you again after some time. For 6, it didn't unless you manually turned it or if you pressed on L3 or X/A.

I agree with Nobudy, the camera wasnt so bad for me. It's a nice free camera that you have the "responsibility" of controlling. Maybe thats just too much responsibility for some.

Im havent decided if I prefer the FREE camera in RE6 or if I prefer the RE4/RE5 camera that sticks right behind you and watches over your shoulder, which you can still control to an extent, but if you arent holding it in place it will snap back into the OTS place. Both are fine to me.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 2:57 pm

How about a dynamic camera, one that follows you and always is behind BUT quickly moves when you turn a corner, like in RE Outbreak or CV/X, but more modern, and somewhat akin to RE4.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:06 pm

The difference between GTAV and RE6 is really big actually. You notice in GTAV, the camera is framing pretty much your entire character, a long shot, in filmography terms. In RE6, the camera is waist up, or a medium shot. You see more in GTAV than you do in RE6, and the camera never snaps away from you during gameplay. In RE6, that constantly happens, often taking control of the camera from you to zoom into points of interest, meaning you're going from a medium shot, to a close up, making it impossible for a brief moment to see where you're going or what enemies are around. I can't ever remember a frustrating moment where that happens in GTAV.

I don't know why I'm being so bitter about Resident Evil 6, I know I didn't like the game, but I'm nit picking right now. Probably because I like playing Devil's Advocate, but also because I was so hyped for the game, because until it was announced, I didn't think there was going to be a Resident Evil 6; much less make true my prediction about it taking place in China. So RE6 was a huge let down for me, just see it through my eyes. It's like waiting for your favorite band to get back together after years of being apart, and when they finally reunite, a bubble of joy forms in your chest. Then their first song in the album features Justin Beiber and Rebecca Black, and the rest of it is your childhood nostalgia dying.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:

I agree with Nobudy, the camera wasnt so bad for me. It's a nice free camera that you have the "responsibility" of controlling. Maybe thats just too much responsibility for some.

Im havent decided if I prefer the FREE camera in RE6 or if I prefer the RE4/RE5 camera that sticks right behind you and watches over your shoulder, which you can still control to an extent, but if you arent holding it in place it will snap back into the OTS place. Both are fine to me.
I'm glad you posted my username in their sentence. Now someone speaking it will actually think you agree with nobody. Laughing

But yes, I do like the fact that we get to freely move the camera around because I'd like to see what's behind me without having to do a quick turn (which is still possible in 6 but very subtle). Though Vandal makes a good point about the camera force focusing on things which can cause death (especially in Professional/No Hope mode) and being utterly disappointment with a childhood aspect you were hyped up with.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:18 am

Nobudy wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:

I'm glad you posted my username in their sentence. Now someone speaking it will actually think you agree with nobody. Laughing

But yes, I do like the fact that we get to freely move the camera around because I'd like to see what's behind me without having to do a quick turn (which is still possible in 6 but very subtle). Though Vandal makes a good point about the camera force focusing on things which can cause death (especially in Professional/No Hope mode) and being utterly disappointment with a childhood aspect you were hyped up with.

I miss the 180° turn. RE6 does have that gameplay mechanic, but it doesnt work as well as it does in previous games. I think its because of RE6's free roaming movement instead of tank-like movement.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:28 am

They could use free movement controls to their advantage. A survival horror is about surviving, so use any way possible to escape certain death. Like, for example, clinging on ledges to hide, shooting old locks...(Well, modern RE plus Outbreak plus MGS...kind of...)
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:03 am

Maybe they could put in an option to use the classic camera and controls as well as free movement and camera.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:34 am

Nobudy wrote:
Maybe they could put in an option to use the classic camera and controls as well as free movement and camera.

I sorta think that would be worse. It would be the perfect way for Capcom to highlight their indecisiveness. They really need to figure where they are going to take the series and be like Nike and just do it.

There are things we do and do not want from and RE game. We will probably get some of both. I know how I would make the perfect, or at least the next RE game, and I know its sometging I would enjoy, as well as the majority, but alas, Capcom isnt currently taking my ideas.

I also am sick and tired of being shot at. No more "smart" enemies that use fully automatic machine guns, no more Ganado, Majini or Ju'avo goon squads. And if there is Spec Ops, im gonna choke someone out! I want zombies for sure, I know they still get hate, someone threw a Conan O'Brien quote into the discussion, but RE6 zimbies are ok in my book. They were fun. Also some cool, new, scary BOWs. RE6 had some sweet ass monster and creature design. As well as being very graphic. I like.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

I sorta think that would be worse. It would be the perfect way for Capcom to highlight their  indecisiveness. They really need to figure where they are going to take the series and be like Nike and just do it.

There are things we do and do not want from and RE game. We will probably get some of both. I know how I would make the perfect, or at least the next RE game, and I know its sometging I would enjoy, as well as the majority, but alas, Capcom isnt currently taking my ideas.

I also am sick and tired of being shot at. No more "smart" enemies that use fully automatic machine guns, no more Ganado, Majini or Ju'avo goon squads. And if there is Spec Ops, im gonna choke someone out! I want zombies for sure, I know they still get hate, someone threw a Conan O'Brien quote into the discussion, but RE6 zimbies are ok in my book. They were fun. Also some cool, new, scary BOWs. RE6 had some sweet ass monster and creature design. As well as being very graphic. I like.
Regarding enemies, if we had more free movement in the early Resident Evil games, zombies would have been even more than a piece of cake since we'd just be able to shoot a zombie in the head with 1-3 bullets. If you noticed in cutscenes for the early games and flashbacks, the protagonists didn't have as much problems with zombies as we did since they didn't move like tanks or shoot in only three directions.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:12 pm

There is a solution to this: more zombies, less ammo.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:39 pm

PWNERX wrote:
They'd also need to fix the overpowered hand-to hand combat.

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:43 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

I know, where did Leon find the courage to wrestle zombies?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Vandal wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Ever since he found that bites/scratches don't give infection anymore. Though I'll admit that Leon using wrestling moves seems out of place for him and it looked funny just looking at it.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Ever since he found that bites/scratches don't give infection anymore. Though I'll admit that Leon using wrestling moves seems out of place for him and it looked funny just looking at it.
Wait, come to think of it, the virus never transmitted through bites in the game, it was always airborne. I find that stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE7 news?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next