Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Secrets

Go down 
+11
Mullet_Wesker
MSR
zeolite
Ssplain
Shrike
hunter destroyer
Mass Distraction
PWNERX
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Vandal
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 8:45 am

Mullet_Wesker wrote:
zeolite wrote:
That reminds me of something I always wondered about. In the original RE Barry hands Jill some acid rounds for the bazooka when you meet him in the hallway early on. I'm sure it's possible to have all eight item slots full by that time and I wondered how the game would handle it if he tried to give you the acid rounds (which you have no choice but to take) and you had no free slots in your inventory. Has anyone seen this?

I've had that happen to me in REmake. I believe the cut-scene alters slightly and he mentions he'll leave them there for you, and you can pick them up at any point later on. I also believe the same thing happens in the original, but don't quote me.
Yeah, that's what happens.
Back to top Go down
Mullet_Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Mullet_Wesker

Playstation Network Mullet_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Years after I had finally beaten REmake multiple times, I got into the habit of only playing as Chris. When I went back to Jill, I was blown away that there were multiple chance cuts-scenes involving Barry I never knew about, such as him reading the note, and already being on the balcony with Forest (how did he get through that locked door, hm?).
Back to top Go down
http://taylorjosephdean.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Mullet_Wesker wrote:
how did he get through that locked door, hm?

How do any of the supporting characters ever get ahead of you when you have to puzzle your way through multiple doors?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mullet_Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Mullet_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Exactly why Resident Evil needs a re-boot.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 10:53 am

Thanks for the answers Mass, GL and DXP.
Mullet_Wesker wrote:
Exactly why Resident Evil needs a re-boot.
An 18 year old franchise needs a re-boot because characters in the very first game could go through locked doors? There are decent arguments to be made for a re-boot, this isn't one of them.
Back to top Go down
Mullet_Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Mullet_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 1:08 pm

I meant that as a general statement towards most of Resident Evil's BS logic, I.E., most supporting characters are somehow beyond puzzles/locked doors that take you hours to get through, somehow knowing when to discard the right items, and that rocket launchers can fit into side-packs.

What I mean is, if it were to be re-booted, I would like some realism injected into both the game-play and story. Horror games needs some solid realism to actually scare us.

Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Mullet_Wesker wrote:
I meant that as a general statement towards most of Resident Evil's BS logic, I.E., most supporting characters are somehow beyond puzzles/locked doors that take you hours to get through, somehow knowing when to discard the right items, and that rocket launchers can fit into side-packs.

What I mean is, if it were to be re-booted, I would like some realism injected into both the game-play and story. Horror games needs some solid realism to actually scare us.

Sorry about that.

Realism in a RE game? None of them have been that even from the very first one from 96. As for horror....they don't care about that it has to be like COD with lots of explosions and action only. As for the so called BS....its game mechanics, you don't take them seriously...I mean the very first version of RE1 had a cyborg for gods sake explain that logic and realism?

Rebooting the franchise.....can it even be rebooted in the state its in? After 5/6/ORC its split and divided the entire community on a whole, you either prefer the originals, love the new ones or you love both. If it was rebooted it would have to be on par with revelations with enough horror involved to even barely cut the mustard...that is however my opinion.

And another point....not all horror games need to be realistic to scare people....Fatal Frame/Project zero, Silent Hill, Corpse Party etc have no form of realism but can and will scare the hell out of people.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 5:09 am

Mullet_Wesker wrote:

Isn't that what every game ever does, though? I mean, in Uncharted you run into enemy goons behind some secret doors that you supposedly are opening for the first time in centuries and in practically every game with an inventory ever you are able to cram huge items in there. Funny thing is that RE5 actually did show the weapons on your character, making it more realistic.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 5:57 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Isn't that what every game ever does, though? I mean, in Uncharted you run into enemy goons behind some secret doors that you supposedly are opening for the first time in centuries and in practically every game with an inventory ever you are able to cram huge items in there. Funny thing is that RE5 actually did show the weapons on your character, making it more realistic.

yeah the UC thing is weird, sometimes they explain it like the other guy's army got there first or sometimes you enter a huge hidden temple, get in to do some puzzles and then the goons get there, but yeah weird
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 10:36 am

To be honest, I don't mind those weird game logic bullshitty things, unless they get too ridiculous. Rather that than making a game too realistic and hurting the gameplay with that. Gameplay above realism in those cases. I do love the bioshock series for explaining as much as they can.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Mullet_Wesker wrote:

Sorry about that.
They're simply game-play elements, I don't see why any of that would be relevant to a decision to throw away the story and start over. It's not like you read a file where a character said "I watched the man in formerly locked room as he shoved a rocket launcher into his side pack while mumbling about how he should discard that key after he opens one more door with it." They could easily change any of those things you mentioned in a sequel if they wanted to.

Just like how in nearly every zombie game ever made; if a character gets bit once, they're going to die, but zombies aren't a one-hit-kill during game-play because it would affect the game-play too much.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 2:54 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
Just like how in nearly every zombie game ever made; if a character gets bit once, they're going to die, but zombies aren't a one-hit-kill during game-play because it would affect the game-play too much.

I liked the infection systems from Outbreak and ORC. They really made you not want to get bit, more than just out of fear of losing health.

A bleeding system is also a good one, like the one DayZ has. I think in Outbreak you could get the bleeding status too.

Those kinds of systems make regular enemies more of a threat while not making them annoyingly instantly kill you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Secrets
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4