HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script

Go down 
+12
Limey
Ghost Leader
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Mass Distraction
Outbreakgirl
SWITCHMYND
halestride
Industrial Ridden
Shrike
Known_Hero
PWNERX
RebelliousQueen
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:15 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I just saw Land of the Dead and it was awesome, I don't care what anyone else says. It was the best zombie movie I've seen since Zombie Land (I think) and even that was more about the people than the whole zombie deal. A campy RE movie would've been ace.
Just because of my experience with Zombie movies, Zombieland came out a few years after Land of the Dead. And yeah, they were both pretty good. But I also liked the older movies, like Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:42 am

The "evolving" zombies ruined Land of the Dead for me. I'm sorry, but dead things don't evolve. Just that alone makes me the happiest motherfucker on earth knowing Capcom sent Romero packing.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:58 am

Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead, and Day of the Dead. This classical films made by him are awesome. I just don't get, there is nothing wrong with him.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead, and Day of the Dead. This classical films made by him are awesome. I just don't get, there is nothing wrong with him.
Some of his "other" movies were pretty bad. Here's looking at you, Deadtime Stories 1/2!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:01 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I just saw Land of the Dead and it was awesome, I don't care what anyone else says. It was the best zombie movie I've seen since Zombie Land (I think) and even that was more about the people than the whole zombie deal. A campy RE movie would've been ace.
Just because of my experience with Zombie movies, Zombieland came out a few years after Land of the Dead.
Yes, I know. It still doesn't change the fact that I saw Zombieland first.

@GL: If the dead can walk, there's no reason why they couldn't evolve. It's crazy enough as it is. I love it when people change things up a bit, as long as the product is entertaining. My favorite comic series ever is Dead Eyes Open and that has to do with thinking zombies and all kinds of social problems with that. It's great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:48 am

I felt his script was half-assed, really, and Resident Evil would've worked best as a psychological horror inside an isolated labyrinth - the original mansion. It had much potential for a synthesis a thriller - the original investigation inside - and subsequent horror of being trapped inside a mansion with them, forced to investigate through the terrors more to escape now (very definition of GOOD suspension of a Hitchcock fashion: one must keep venturing further, they don't stupidly decide to do so).
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:21 am

Limey wrote:
I felt his script was half-assed, really, and Resident Evil would've worked best as a psychological horror inside an isolated labyrinth - the original mansion. It had much potential for a synthesis a thriller - the original investigation inside - and subsequent horror of being trapped inside a mansion with them, forced to investigate through the terrors more to escape now (very definition of GOOD suspension of a Hitchcock fashion: one must keep venturing further, they don't stupidly decide to do so).
...so this would make Anderson's scripts fifth-assed?
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 4:02 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Limey wrote:
...so this would make Anderson's scripts fifth-assed?
Well, I'd say in terms of intent, his script worked better as action opposed to Romero's horror. Quite disappointing, really, as Romero is so talented.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:15 pm

How did Romero come up with the idea to give the tyrant a heart transplant from a rhino? I thought the original idea for the first Tyrant was that the his real heart grew out of his chest, burst through the rib cage and then erupted out of his flesh.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
How did Romero come up with the idea to give the tyrant a heart transplant from a rhino? I thought the original idea for the first Tyrant was that the his real heart grew out of his chest, burst through the rib cage and then erupted out of his flesh.
How did Anderson come up with anything that goes on in the movies now? Movie versions always have at least some changes to the original plot.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:15 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
How did Anderson come up with anything that goes on in the movies now? Movie versions always have at least some changes to the original plot.

Just like how LJ was going to survive in Extinction...
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:16 pm

PWNERX wrote:

LJ's been bitten in Extinction, and he died later on.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:11 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
I meant to the original plot of the games, not the movies themselves.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:02 am

PWNERX wrote:

In the original script, he was gonna activate the laser grid at the end.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:20 pm

PWNERX wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

In the original script, he was gonna activate the laser grid at the end.
Is that so? It's a crap just like how they killed Carlos in the film.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:15 pm

I thought Carlos' death was one of the better ones personally. He got to go out on his own terms. What better way is there?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:22 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
I thought Carlos' death was one of the better ones personally. He got to go out on his own terms. What better way is there?
I guess the main gripe people have with that is that he was paired with Alice and kinda sacrificed himself for her.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
I guess the main gripe people have with that is that he was paired with Alice and kinda sacrificed himself for her.
Exactly. Feel the same way about it and I'm sure he's not going to do it if he wasn't bitten. Was Anderson think that his viewers is dumb just like him? Probably yes.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 5:34 pm

This pissed me off SOOOO MUCH when i heard about it i mean HOW DARE they fire the godfather of zombies! They went for a more action approach lol. I'm sorry but Paul Anderson is a D bag and his movies are garbage! Romero is a proven writter and director! They were out of their minds to fire him! Still to this day i rage over this decision!

I am still waiting for a real RE movie to come out. Anderson had the balls to say he didn't want Jill as one of the main characters because nobody knew her... WHAT THE ACTUAL F#$@? Yeah Mila Jovovich wanted to play as Jill. Anderson also said he didn't want to make it like the games since it would be predictable and fans wouldn't want to see the same things they played... what a moron lol. I hope they just can the movies, they are a stain on the RE name.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:30 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
I am still waiting for a real RE movie to come out.
We already have two: Degeneration and Damnation. Degeneration was kinda forgettable but Damnation was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 1:28 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
This pissed me off SOOOO MUCH when i heard about it i mean HOW DARE they fire the godfather of zombies! They went for a more action approach lol. I'm sorry but Paul Anderson is a D bag and his movies are garbage! Romero is a proven writter and director! They were out of their minds to fire him! Still to this day i rage over this decision!

I am still waiting for a real RE movie to come out. Anderson had the balls to say he didn't want Jill as one of the main characters because nobody knew her... WHAT THE ACTUAL F#$@? Yeah Mila Jovovich wanted to play as Jill. Anderson also said he didn't want to make it like the games since it would be predictable and fans wouldn't want to see the same things they played... what a moron lol. I hope they just can the movies, they are a stain on the RE name.
Well actually the Romero script also differed from the actual game story based on the same reason, neither Capcom nor film companies wanted for the game and the film to be same, but yes Romeros script had that horror spirit, but i cant say that Anderson did a bad job with the first title, actually it's the only RE film that deserves respect and RE 2 was also watchable, he started sucking from the 3rd title when it turned into a talentless Jovovich show.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:33 am

A true, good, and original-ish REmovie would involve events from 0 and 1, plus extra characters (ie a new STARS member, Lab/Mansion Survivor, etc.), and combine events from the RE1 game scenarios into one. I imagine a Rebecca Chambers helping out a wounded Barry through a maze of underground lab tunnels, trying to catch up to Jill, Chris and whoever, after keeping Barry from death after a close-up encounter with Tyrant, WHILE the labs are going into self destruct.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 am

A good RE Movie would have the characters wandering around the dark creepy place looking for an insignificant object like a key while in real life you could just kick down the flipping door or climb the damn fence.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:54 pm

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Well actually the Romero script also differed from the actual game story based on the same reason, neither Capcom nor film companies wanted for the game and the film to be same, but yes Romeros script had that horror spirit, but i cant say that Anderson did a bad job with the first title, actually it's the only RE film that deserves respect and RE 2 was also watchable, he started sucking from the 3rd title when it turned into a talentless Jovovich show.
Yeah i agree, i did find SOME joy in the first two. But at the same time... they were pretty bad. I mean if i wasn't a RE fan i would say they sucked pretty hard lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 3:25 am

AWDCP wrote:
A good RE Movie would have the characters wandering around the dark creepy place looking for an insignificant object like a key while in real life you could just kick down the flipping door or climb the damn fence.
And that's why things are gonna keep 'em from doing those things. Unless, of course, its the door. I can some comic relief when someone realizes they don't need the key.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next