HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» A new Resident Evil game could be in the works...
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:58 pm by Ghost Leader

» Have you ever wanted to know what the definition of "sad" is?
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:54 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil random banter...
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 4:12 pm by Ghost Leader

» Terminator: Dark Fate
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 5:30 pm by Ghost Leader

» The Boys
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 11:35 pm by Ghost Leader

» It is a Crisis!
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 1:39 am by White Rock

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 8:31 am by DeathShadows

» Resident Evil Zero Sucks?!
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 8:51 pm by Ghost Leader

» Creepshow
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 1:50 am by Ghost Leader

Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
White Rock
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcapResident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Voting_barResident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Ghost Leader
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcapResident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Voting_barResident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Bulls-3ye
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcapResident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Voting_barResident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 

Share
 

 Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Who do you want to play as in RE7?
Leon Kennedy
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chris Redfield
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Claire Redfield
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 9 ]
Jill Valentine
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
Rebecca Chambers
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Barry Burton
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Sherry Birkin
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Jake Muller
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Hunk
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Other
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 38
 

AuthorMessage
hunter destroyer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
hunter destroyer

Posts : 41
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 20

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Claire, Rebecca and please dear god, no Chris or Leon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ssplain
Zombie
Zombie
Ssplain

Steam : Splain
Posts : 743
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 29
Location : Birmingham AL

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 6:27 pm

hunter destroyer wrote:
Claire, Rebecca and please dear god, no Chris or Leon.

I agree, I would love to see Claire or Rebecca. If they did bring Becca back, I will be excited to see what kind of plot they use in order to involve her. I probably should not get my hopes high for the plot, but I do a lot of things I probably should not Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1051
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 23
Location : USA

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 7:24 pm

If Claire's in it, you can almost guarantee Chris or Leon appearing. In the case of Chris, it may only be a cameo or something. If Leon shows, Ada might as well. If she does, I hope they kill her off or at least complete her stupid 15 year old mystery.

@Mass: That was intentional. If I remember, they used Steve's corpse for Manuela's injection of T-Veronica.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ssplain
Zombie
Zombie
Ssplain

Steam : Splain
Posts : 743
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 29
Location : Birmingham AL

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Nobudy wrote:
If Claire's in it, you can almost guarantee Chris or Leon appearing. In the case of Chris, it may only be a cameo or something. If Leon shows, Ada might as well. If she does, I hope they kill her off or at least complete her stupid 15 year old mystery.

@Mass: That was intentional. If I remember, they used Steve's corpse for Manuela's injection of T-Veronica.

Yes! Ada should be killed off soon IMO also. They should reveal her mystery. I would even be okay if they killed off Leon or Chris. If one does though I would like to see it be in a heroic memorable manner. Sacrificing oneself in order to save others. If just one iconic character died it would do a lot for the series. Our heroes would no longer seem untouchable. I do not see that happening but I sure wish it would.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 27
Location : Florida

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Shrike wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Why not someone completely new? Just go off into a new direction. Resident Evil doesn't need to be stuck with it's past.

Because watching a seventh season of some TV show only to see the cast being completely new would make you pretty much disinterested and you would probably hate it because it has already established a lot. Besides, people love the characters that were already introduced. I am not saying that Resident Evil doesn't need something fresh, but if characters like Helena are those fresh characters that will be appearing, then they better give me to play as random infected citizen, because I would prefer that. So yeah, I'd much rather play with Jill then have very shallow and stupid new main character.

Also, the fact that RE isn't stuck in it's past is obviously a problem as seen in RE6. Just sayin'.

Oh, and I am really glad no one voted Leon. Goddamn I hate Leon. Less then Ada, sure, but still.
That type of thinking only states that no other IP has the power to go past what has already been established character-wise.

Resident Evil 5 was basically a carbon copy of Resident Evil 4. Actually more like the sparknotes of it since Resident Evil 5 is significantly shorter.

Why do you hate Leon? Because he's so popular? I don't have a problem with him, but he oversaturated the market with bad games last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hunter destroyer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
hunter destroyer

Posts : 41
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 20

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:49 am

I don't mind Leon and Chris but I don't want them to be in RE7. I also agree to killing Ada off. Oh, how I despise that red-wearing, high heeled running, Semi-Asian woman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Posts : 4618
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 35
Location : The State of Insanity

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:36 am

Vandal wrote:
I don't have a problem with him, but he oversaturated the market with bad games last year.
I think this is the issue people have with Leon, that he's constantly forced down their throats as the hero to end all heroes. He could be considered the John Cena of Resident Evil.

_________________
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 D4fFX65
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 27
Location : Florida

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:11 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I don't have a problem with him, but he oversaturated the market with bad games last year.
I think this is the issue people have with Leon, that he's constantly forced down their throats as the hero to end all heroes. He could be considered the John Cena of Resident Evil.
Capcom may think that, but I still think that role belongs to Chris. Leon just doesn't give me those vibes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ssplain
Zombie
Zombie
Ssplain

Steam : Splain
Posts : 743
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 29
Location : Birmingham AL

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:18 am

Vandal wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I don't have a problem with him, but he oversaturated the market with bad games last year.
I think this is the issue people have with Leon, that he's constantly forced down their throats as the hero to end all heroes. He could be considered the John Cena of Resident Evil.
Capcom may think that, but I still think that role belongs to Chris. Leon just doesn't give me those vibes.

Chris does seem more of a veteran than Leon. He was in the Air Force before RE1(I believe that was the branch) and he is definitely more of a heroic icon inside the Resident Evil universe. Everyone in the BSAA looks up to him. All this aside, Leon really seems more effective at everything he does compared to Chris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Shrike
Cerberus
Cerberus
Shrike

Posts : 241
Join date : 2013-04-01
Location : Silent Hill

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:26 am



Ghost Leader wrote:

I think this is the issue people have with Leon, that he's constantly forced down their throats as the hero to end all heroes. He could be considered the John Cena of Resident Evil.

Indeed. Leon is just too perfect all around. He is annoying to no end. And not only that, his character gradually became worse and worse. He was cool in RE2, a naive rookie. Fell in love like a moron with a chick whom he knew for a few hours. In RE4, he's okay. Has the most cheesy lines, but that's part of the fun. He is very capable, physically, and makes no mistakes, which makes him cheap, but still okay. In RE6, it's become ridiculous. Not only is he invincible and immune to the virus which spreads through the air, but his random partner survives a ride in gargantuan dinosaur shark's mouth without a scratch. It's as ridiculous as anything can get. Really, it's easier for me to believe in fucking Bugs Bunny.

Vandal wrote:

Capcom may think that, but I still think that role belongs to Chris. Leon just doesn't give me those vibes.

First of all, like Ssplain said, Chris is a military veteran.

Chris is your regular hero. Not too bright, but very strong and has a strong sense of justice. He is a soldier because he is too stupid to be a politician. In a soldierly sense, he is perfect when alone (or with Jill), but as a team leader he can be reckless. As a character generally, he is far from being perfect. As I mentioned above, Leon is just perfect in every sense. Chris may meander in his ways of thinking (his team getting killed multiple times because of his recklessness and lust for vengeance), but Leon never will. He is just like know-it-all, capable of everything and protecting everyone, and never got wrong in any decision he made. A very, very annoying character. Only one who is worse is Ada, because it's really hard to encounter a bigger Mary Sue anywhere and all around perfect character who is always too cool and never even raises her goddamn voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNERX
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii
Posts : 2151
Join date : 2013-01-04
Age : 23
Location : On the Edge of Reality

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:31 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Sargent D wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Let's not forget that HUNK was originally supposed to star in RE3. Then again, they have kind of made him this enigma over the years so I'd rather have him stay as such. A minor appearance wouldn't be bad, though.
I understand and I am with you on that, I like how we know little about him...it really adds to his character in a way. But yeah a smaller role might be good though.
There's pretty much only one single thing we know about him apart from his job as the unstoppable USS operative and the fact that he trained on Rockfort (and is the mentor of Vector) and that is the name Bella, though I doubt we are getting anything else. Here's the file I'm referring to: [link]



Nobudy wrote:
Steve is dead and inside of Manuela Hidalgo.
That sounds so wrong.

Time to read RE7: Beginnings in the fan fiction section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12945
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 29
Location : Finland

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:08 pm

I prefer not to read any fanfics that have to do with HUNK in any way. Only canon situations for me.


Shrike wrote:
First of all, like Ssplain said, Chris is a military veteran.

Chris is your regular hero. Not too bright, but very strong and has a strong sense of justice. He is a soldier because he is too stupid to be a politician. In a soldierly sense, he is perfect when alone (or with Jill), but as a team leader he can be reckless. As a character generally, he is far from being perfect. As I mentioned above, Leon is just perfect in every sense. Chris may meander in his ways of thinking (his team getting killed multiple times because of his recklessness and lust for vengeance), but Leon never will. He is just like know-it-all, capable of everything and protecting everyone, and never got wrong in any decision he made. A very, very annoying character. Only one who is worse is Ada, because it's really hard to encounter a bigger Mary Sue anywhere and all around perfect character who is always too cool and never even raises her goddamn voice.
Chris isn't exactly stupid either, he was there creating the world's biggest counter-bioterrorism force. Moreso, Leon never travels with a team, unless you count the cops who did, indeed, die in RE4 along with his backup pilot and newfound friend. His work at Eastern Slav Republic didn't go exactly as planned either. And if you're talking about ridiculous achievements, how about Chris' boulder punching? Landgin a plane in a volcano without getting a scratch? As for Ada never raising her voice... How many times has James Bond done that?

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Barkba10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Shrike
Cerberus
Cerberus
Shrike

Posts : 241
Join date : 2013-04-01
Location : Silent Hill

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:33 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Chris isn't exactly stupid either, he was there creating the world's biggest counter-bioterrorism force. Moreso, Leon never travels with a team, unless you count the cops who did, indeed, die in RE4 along with his backup pilot and newfound friend. His work at Eastern Slav Republic didn't go exactly as planned either. And if you're talking about ridiculous achievements, how about Chris' boulder punching? Landgin a plane in a volcano without getting a scratch? As for Ada never raising her voice... How many times has James Bond done that?

I am wondering why are you so adamant in defending moronic crap, but sure, I will play that game. Chris might have created BSAA along with some other people, but he is only suitable for field missions, which are, while vital, very dependent on the one who organizes all of them, and Chris isn't that guy. I am not saying that he is really stupid, but he isn't exactly very smart either. And I am not saying that Chris didn't do ridiculous things (punching the boulder should never have been taken seriously. Seriously. It's like... pretty much everything Leon did in RE4), but he is more emotional and overall human then Leon is. Leon is a wholeheartedly a good guy without one dark thing about him even after surviving living hell on earth. He tosses "jokes" around even when he is in dangerous situations like he is walking in a park, while Chris is raging all around. And I love how you never mention RE6, because anything about that game screams shit writing, and you know it. Most of all, I mentioned that Leon was unbrearable in that game, and that I somewhat liked him before. Even though 4 5 and 6 all wanted to be movies which they could not have been, 6 is the most ambitious of them all, and thus fails and disappoints the most because it's plot is a mess which not even Victor Frankenstein could put together.

And I really don't want to go into Ada. James Bond was created in 1953, and did not age well. Not to mention that I hate James Bond. Ada stands as the most idiotic character ever written for this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Industrial Ridden
Cerberus
Cerberus
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu
Posts : 395
Join date : 2013-01-02
Age : 23

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:36 pm

I want to see Barry with his magnum, Jill is just hot, but Jake would be nice to see again, he made it to my 2nd favorite character of RE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12945
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 29
Location : Finland

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Shrike wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Chris isn't exactly stupid either, he was there creating the world's biggest counter-bioterrorism force. Moreso, Leon never travels with a team, unless you count the cops who did, indeed, die in RE4 along with his backup pilot and newfound friend. His work at Eastern Slav Republic didn't go exactly as planned either. And if you're talking about ridiculous achievements, how about Chris' boulder punching? Landgin a plane in a volcano without getting a scratch? As for Ada never raising her voice... How many times has James Bond done that?

I am wondering why are you so adamant in defending moronic crap, but sure, I will play that game. Chris might have created BSAA along with some other people, but he is only suitable for field missions, which are, while vital, very dependent on the one who organizes all of them, and Chris isn't that guy. I am not saying that he is really stupid, but he isn't exactly very smart either. And I am not saying that Chris didn't do ridiculous things (punching the boulder should never have been taken seriously. Seriously. It's like... pretty much everything Leon did in RE4), but he is more emotional and overall human then Leon is. Leon is a wholeheartedly a good guy without one dark thing about him even after surviving living hell on earth. He tosses "jokes" around even when he is in dangerous situations like he is walking in a park, while Chris is raging all around. And I love how you never mention RE6, because anything about that game screams shit writing, and you know it. Most of all, I mentioned that Leon was unbrearable in that game, and that I somewhat liked him before. Even though 4 5 and 6 all wanted to be movies which they could not have been, 6 is the most ambitious of them all, and thus fails and disappoints the most because it's plot is a mess which not even Victor Frankenstein could put together.

And I really don't want to go into Ada. James Bond was created in 1953, and did not age well. Not to mention that I hate James Bond. Ada stands as the most idiotic character ever written for this game.

For the sake of an argument? And I don't mean like some "throw crap at each other and see who gets pissed off first" kind of stupidity but an actual counterpoint to what has been said. I like to be very thorough in my discussions. I'm not defending anything, I'm pointing things out when I see it fitting for the current situation.

I never mention RE6 because I either can't think of anything to say about it at that moment or find it irrelevant. I'm not gonna argue the writing but let's be honest, it has never really been anything mind blowing. I find the story still fun to follow and could hardly call it "shit". At least, not on my standards. What comes to Leon I can hardly change your opinion on him. Not that I would really need to. I guess I just like his smartass attitude, kinda reminds me of Spiderman, whom I also like.

James Bond might have been written then but it still stands tall to this day and new movies with his character are still being created, not to mention how popular he is. I disagree with what you said about Ada but hey, that's your opinion and I have mine.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Barkba10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Shrike
Cerberus
Cerberus
Shrike

Posts : 241
Join date : 2013-04-01
Location : Silent Hill

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:04 pm

It is absolutely true that I expect too much. Professional deformation, I guess. I was never too big on superheroes and stopped watching B-movies when I was 14/15. Just to be clear here, I know that RE is often said to have a B-movie storyline, but that is only true to an extent. The disappointment I get is not because I am asking for something that this series has never seen. I just want the quality of the story back. Through the use of files, first and foremost. In game, not some stupid medallions you need to shoot while you play. And I want the atmosphere and good backstory to it all. RE4, for example, had none of those, and it had the most cliche story which, while fun, isn't nearly enough for me to call it enough. RE can do better than that. And certainly better then 6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hunter destroyer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
hunter destroyer

Posts : 41
Join date : 2013-07-08
Age : 20

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:20 pm

...so...um...how old do you think Rebecca and Claire are now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1051
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 23
Location : USA

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:56 pm

hunter destroyer wrote:
...so...um...how old do you think Rebecca and Claire are now?
You do the math. The games/files/wiki tell you what year they were born in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12945
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 29
Location : Finland

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:57 pm

hunter destroyer wrote:
...so...um...how old do you think Rebecca and Claire are now?
Rebecca was 18 in 1998 so she would be 33 now. Claire was 19 (if I remember correctly) so she'd be 34.


Shrike wrote:
It is absolutely true that I expect too much. Professional deformation, I guess. I was never too big on superheroes and stopped watching B-movies when I was 14/15. Just to be clear here, I know that RE is often said to have a B-movie storyline, but that is only true to an extent. The disappointment I get is not because I am asking for something that this series has never seen. I just want the quality of the story back. Through the use of files, first and foremost. In game, not some stupid medallions you need to shoot while you play. And I want the atmosphere and good backstory to it all. RE4, for example, had none of those, and it had the most cliche story which, while fun, isn't nearly enough for me to call it enough. RE can do better than that. And certainly better then 6.
I guess I should also mention that I still love me some B-movies. Evil Dead is high on my list of all time favorite movies. I can agree, though, that especially Leon's story was less than desirable in RE6 while Jake's was mostly sub-par. Chris and Ada's I found to be of much better quality. For the sake of everyone else, and since this all comes down to opinions yet again, we should propably let this thread revert back on topic Razz Oh yes, and the "files through medals" is lame. I'm fine with there being collectable medals like in RE4/5 and getting some extra stuff like figures from them, sure, but files should always be files. I also agree that RE can do better with the story but I'm very content with what we have now.


_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Barkba10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
ZombiePrincess
Zombie
Zombie
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts
Posts : 688
Join date : 2009-10-07
Age : 24
Location : My Love's Bed

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Jill. She's always been my favorite character in the games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network RebelliousQueen
Steam : BlindedByVengeance
Posts : 2957
Join date : 2012-02-21
Age : 27
Location : Manila, Philippines

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Nobudy wrote:
hunter destroyer wrote:
...so...um...how old do you think Rebecca and Claire are now?
You do the math. The games/files/wiki tell you what year they were born in.

Hunter, aren't you hate computation? You better search it. Google can answer it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1051
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 23
Location : USA

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:01 pm

ZombiePrincess wrote:
Jill. She's always been my favorite character in the games.
Speaking of Jill. I think she and Claire will show up. Instead of them pointing guns first, they'll reason first maybe. Though if Claire does show up, she'll be the Leon of 7 while Jill is the Chris. Leon and Claire never seemed to be as action hardened as Chris and Jill. Sure Leon was a cop, but he was a rookie at that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Posts : 4618
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 35
Location : The State of Insanity

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Nobudy wrote:
ZombiePrincess wrote:
Jill. She's always been my favorite character in the games.
Speaking of Jill. I think she and Claire will show up. Instead of them pointing guns first, they'll reason first maybe. Though if Claire does show up, she'll be the Leon of 7 while Jill is the Chris. Leon and Claire never seemed to be as action hardened as Chris and Jill. Sure Leon was a cop, but he was a rookie at that.
Chris and Jill were both ex-military when Leon was nothing and have been fighting ever since, so it's pretty much a given that they're more battle hardened. As for pointing guns at each other, I don't know what events brought Chris and Leon into conflict because I've no interest in playing RE6 (IIRC, it had to do with Jake), but the only thing I can think would be that they perceived each other as either hostile or getting in the way of doing their respective jobs. If put in the same circumstances, I don't have a doubt that Jill wouldn't hesitate to shove a gun in Claire's face, partner's sister or not, if she perceived her as a threat.

_________________
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 D4fFX65
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobudy
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon
Posts : 1051
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 23
Location : USA

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
ZombiePrincess wrote:
Jill. She's always been my favorite character in the games.
Speaking of Jill. I think she and Claire will show up. Instead of them pointing guns first, they'll reason first maybe. Though if Claire does show up, she'll be the Leon of 7 while Jill is the Chris. Leon and Claire never seemed to be as action hardened as Chris and Jill. Sure Leon was a cop, but he was a rookie at that.
Chris and Jill were both ex-military when Leon was nothing and have been fighting ever since, so it's pretty much a given that they're more battle hardened. As for pointing guns at each other, I don't know what events brought Chris and Leon into conflict because I've no interest in playing RE6 (IIRC, it had to do with Jake), but the only thing I can think would be that they perceived each other as either hostile or getting in the way of doing their respective jobs. If put in the same circumstances, I don't have a doubt that Jill wouldn't hesitate to shove a gun in Claire's face, partner's sister or not, if she perceived her as a threat.
Do you want me to tell you why they pointed at each other? I'll be honest, I didn't like how it started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Posts : 4864
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 27
Location : Florida

Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:04 am

Ssplain wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I don't have a problem with him, but he oversaturated the market with bad games last year.
I think this is the issue people have with Leon, that he's constantly forced down their throats as the hero to end all heroes. He could be considered the John Cena of Resident Evil.
Capcom may think that, but I still think that role belongs to Chris. Leon just doesn't give me those vibes.

Chris does seem more of a veteran than Leon. He was in the Air Force before RE1(I believe that was the branch) and he is definitely more of a heroic icon inside the Resident Evil universe. Everyone in the BSAA looks up to him. All this aside, Leon really seems more effective at everything he does compared to Chris.
It's not that he seems more of a veteran. He is more of a veteran. By the time Leon was a rookie cop Chris had already went to the airforce, got kicked out, and became a pointman for an ex-military outfit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)   Resident Evil 7 character (Poll) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Resident Evil 7 character (Poll)
Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Circumcision Opinion Poll
» Poll - What was my vote?
» Role Play Character Post Template
» Forumotion updated the post character limit
» Help with character sheets.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Main Series-
Jump to: