Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Knife Runs EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Knife Runs EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Knife Runs EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Knife Runs EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Knife Runs EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Knife Runs EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Knife Runs EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Knife Runs EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Knife Runs EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Knife Runs

Go down 
+5
Ghost Leader
TheLevelBest
BillC
Industrial Ridden
Shrike
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:38 am

So, did any of you guys ever do a knife run? If yes, what game, which parts were hard, etc.

I finished RE1 last night with a knife. I did a Jill run because I thought it would be harder because she takes more damage then Chris, and when going with the knife alone those bonuses that she has and Chris doesn't really don't matter at all. However, Chris did have a few more enemies here and there, so I dunno, maybe it's still harder with him. Going to try 2 when I have time.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 2:46 pm

I actually started an RE4 knife run a while back. I was doing great, and I felt great, especially after killing off the village. The sad part is that I was also doing it without saving, and I came up to the part where you had to shoot down the crates to jump across the waterfall area, I didn't have any gun or money because I never picked any up. I sat there like "Well...FUCK!", then I shut off my PS2. Bad times...
Back to top Go down
BillC
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:
I actually started an RE4 knife run a while back. I was doing great, and I felt great, especially after killing off the village. The sad part is that I was also doing it without saving, and I came up to the part where you had to shoot down the crates to jump across the waterfall area, I didn't have any gun or money because I never picked any up. I sat there like "Well...FUCK!", then I shut off my PS2. Bad times...

HAHAHA thats pretty funny
Back to top Go down
TheLevelBest
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TheLevelBest

Playstation Network Xense101
Steam : TheLevelBest

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:

LOL damn, that's messed up - I've known a lot of people who go in thinking they can finish the game with just a knife, but sadly you are bound to use a weapon in just too many areas.

I can successfully Knife Only RE1, 2, 3, and CODE: Veronica - haven't attempted REmake or RE0 since the knife is just so shit Very Happy

Was thinking of making runs of them with commentary/instructions since there seems to be lack of video tutorials on stuff like that, but we'll see I guess Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheLevelBest
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 1:08 pm

No, never had any desire or inclination.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 6:35 am

I try in CVX, but only with Herbal glitching.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:46 am

I could never get into stuff like that since there's no real reward for me from doing it. Speedruns, yes. Knife runs I've just never seen the appeal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:13 pm

I've only done a Code Veronica X knife only run. Wasn't as difficult as I thought. Hardest part was the final boss.
Back to top Go down
TheLevelBest
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TheLevelBest

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:16 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I've only done a Code Veronica X knife only run. Wasn't as difficult as I thought. Hardest part was the final boss.

Yea, CVX is pretty easy to Knife Only due to the fact that one Knife slash equals 3 - 4.

Hardest part for me is either the first Tyrant or Alexia with her fucking one hit KO (I actually retried 99 times during a Knife Run due to that fight :/)

Mass Distraction wrote:
I could never get into stuff like that since there's no real reward for me from doing it. Speedruns, yes. Knife runs I've just never seen the appeal.

What RE games do you speedrun?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 4:43 am

TheLevelBest wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

What RE games do you speedrun?

The original and RE2. I don't have the time to start learning RE3 that well, otherwise I'd also be playing that. I like to think I'm pretty fast with Survivor, too.

I'm not a master or anything like that, mind you, so I have no super speedy times clocked anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 7:00 am

i remember when I first read that if you beat the original RE game un under 3 hours you got the rocket launcher since my first time playing it was with Chris and it took me over 5 hours. Then, my first playthrough with Jill was under 3 surprinsingly Razz, without trying.
Back to top Go down
TheLevelBest
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TheLevelBest

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 2:37 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
i remember when I first read that if you beat the original RE game un under 3 hours you got the rocket launcher since my first time playing it was with Chris and it took me over 5 hours. Then, my first playthrough with Jill was under 3 surprinsingly Razz, without trying.

I didn't go for the Infinite Rocket Launcher until I unlocked the Infinite Magnum (which could only be done on Advanced/Arrange Mode on Director's Cut), but it took me forever because I didn't know how to SAVE BARRY! I kept playing over and over and he would be dead before leaving the lab  Sad 

I forgot how I found out you needed to wait for him with the rope, but I know it was a while before I got it.

After that I did another run just rushing through since I had this OP ass Magnum, but after clearing I still went just over 3 hours since I forgot to get the battery from the room with the Chimera and had to run all the way back, however, I saved just before the end and did it right - finished with 2:59:56
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:55 am

TheLevelBest wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

I didn't go for the Infinite Rocket Launcher until I unlocked the Infinite Magnum (which could only be done on Advanced/Arrange Mode on Director's Cut), but it took me forever because I didn't know how to SAVE BARRY! I kept playing over and over and he would be dead before leaving the lab  Sad 

I forgot how I found out you needed to wait for him with the rope, but I know it was a while before I got it.

After that I did another run just rushing through since I had this OP ass Magnum, but after clearing I still went just over 3 hours since I forgot to get the battery from the room with the Chimera and had to run all the way back, however, I saved just before the end and did it right - finished with 2:59:56

Niice, I didn't know how to save Barry either, saving everyone with Chris is really easy, nothing complicated. But my first run with Jill was a disaster, Barry died, the tyrant was left alive, and the mansion/lab didn't explode, no wonder I got under the 3 hour mark Razz
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 6:33 am

I believe my best time in REDC was like just under 2 hours. But, it was with Infinite Launcher and Magnum.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

Knife Runs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knife Runs   Knife Runs Empty

Back to top Go down

Knife Runs
Page 1 of 1