Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Unreleased spinoff? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Unreleased spinoff? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Unreleased spinoff? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Unreleased spinoff? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Unreleased spinoff? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Unreleased spinoff? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Unreleased spinoff? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Unreleased spinoff? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Unreleased spinoff? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Unreleased spinoff?

Go down 
+4
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Shrike
spawn
Mass Distraction
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Unreleased spinoff? Empty
PostSubject: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:13 am

So I was going through all kinds of sites with info on unreleased RE games and happened upon something called Biohazard Dash. Turns out this was a spinoff game that was originally supposed to be released between the first and second RE titles. Note that at this point RE2 was still 1.5 and not the version we know and love now.

Below is a translation from a French site that in turn was about an old article in a Japanese gaming magazine. Link to the source site: [link]
Quote :
Genki Playstation interview with Yoshiki Okamoto, overseer of development for all Capcom games.

Biohazard Dash was thought of between the development of BH1 and BH2. The starting point of the scenario is that there exists a room underneath the Tyrant’s incubation room. The story of the game unfolds three years after the events of BH1. The characters are different and this time infected plants have attacked the inhabitants of Raccoon City. The victims have changed partially into plants. It is as if everyone is slowly transforming into some plant.

The developers wanted to use the same areas (that were in BH1) but with cracks, spiders’ webs, etc added in order to indicate the flow of the time, as well as some new rooms.

But this would have taken too much time to be developed and the release of BH2 would have been pushed back, so the idea of Biohazard Dash was abandoned.

So, in the end, this spinoff game was cancelled so they could focus on RE2. Ironically the game ended up being delayed anyway when they ditched the plans for 1.5 and started from scratch, thus making them release the Director's Cut version with a demo of RE2 included to appease the fans.

What I do find interesting is that the game was supposed to be set a whole 3 years after the events of the original game and Raccoon was still standing. This accompanied with what Capcom said about 1.5's story being too conclusive (one of the reasons for its scrapping) makes me wonder what this series would have become if these plans had gone the route they originally were supposed to.

Aaaanyway, I also found a source (can't link, it's another RE forum) saying that some of the concepts were reused in the Sega Saturn port of the original game. This might mean that the Hunter variant Tick and the Golden Tyrant from that port were originally supposed to appear in Dash. The plant monsters mentioned in the article could have been early concepts for the Ivies or even for the plant zombies seen about 8 years later in Outbreak File#2, which coincidentally had a scenario taking place in the very same Raccoon Forest. Who knows, maybe Flashback actually hails all the way back to the series' roots, other than for the obvious reason of taking place in 1998.

So, a Resident Evil game taking place in the ruins of the Spencer Mansion, a full roster of plant type creatures, a new set of characters and the city that kept on living. What do you guys think about this game? Sounds like Jamesy's wet dream, if you ask me. This also reminds me of something that Voltius wrote a while back. Looks like the dude was onto something.

I'll leave you with some links and interesting concept pics.

A whole lot of interesting concepts from the first RE: [link]
A small bit of extra information on Dash: [link]

Some of the only known concepts of Dash:
Unseen enemy concepts:

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:32 am

Cool stuff. Learn something new everyday Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 am

You tell me. Every time I think I know practically everything of the series something like this comes along and blows my mind.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Didn't know that. Plants suck as monsters though, I hate them, so I wouldn't be too mad about this. I mean, going around and killing Ivies the whole game would have sucked ass. Worst opponents ever. And I don't mean as in hard or annoying, just stupid.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Shrike wrote:
Didn't know that. Plants suck as monsters though, I hate them, so I wouldn't be too mad about this. I mean, going around and killing Ivies the whole game would have sucked ass. Worst opponents ever. And I don't mean as in hard or annoying, just stupid.

Well really doubt that if this game had ever seen the light the only rivals would be just plants, first of the mentioned plant zombies, second there would have been a lot of mutated forest creatures like huge crocodiles and frogs (not hunters, cs as i remember hunters were genetically engineered) there would have been a lot of frightening fun, plus plants are not as lame as it seams just remembers the plant boss in Remake. So it would have had a pretty good environment, and yes i agree that nuking raccoon was a bit 2 rushed . . . tnx mass pretty good thread ! ! !
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:16 am

Brilliant, Mass, and I mean that without kissing ass. There's seems to be so many interesting details about Resident Evil we have yet to discover, saturating our lust for RE lore, but I still question the person's insanity who checked Wesker's desk 50 times to find Rebecca's basketball photograph?
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:44 am

Limey wrote:
Brilliant, Mass, and I mean that without kissing ass. There's seems to be so many interesting details about Resident Evil we have yet to discover, saturating our lust for RE lore, but I still question the person's insanity who checked Wesker's desk 50 times to find Rebecca's basketball photograph?

Haha yeah that was a good one. I would really play this shit out of RE games if they came out in old engine. It was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:00 am

Limey wrote:
Thanks! And no, I don't take it as kissing my ass, I'm too much of a dick to expect any ass kissing anyway Razz I do take compliments though and I appreciate them Smile Whenever I find things like this I instantly try to share them with the good people of REF. Hopefully I've only hit the tip of the iceberg with all the stuff I've found.

Shrike wrote:
I would really play this shit out of RE games if they came out in old engine. It was amazing.
Didn't you just say that the game would've propably sucked ass Very Happy Then again, the game most likely would have consisted of much more than just Ivies.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 2:37 am

Great find. I bet those 1.5 people would want to have known about this.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 2:53 am

White Rock wrote:
Thanks. Umm... Who exactly are you referring to by "those 1.5 people"?
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 5:47 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
White Rock wrote:

He means Team IGAS....the ones that are 'fixing' 1.5 with pure fan fiction.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:20 am

DXP wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
White Rock wrote:

He means Team IGAS....the ones that are 'fixing' 1.5 with pure fan fiction.
Ah yes, I figured so. I thought I should still make sure Razz
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:39 am

How one can 'fix' something that technically never was in the first place, is astonishing. Wink

Fan service. You gotta love it!
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:51 pm

When I hear Resident Evil Dash, I imagine Chris and Jill shooting at each other while racing in go-karts...
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:26 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
When I hear Resident Evil Dash, I imagine Chris and Jill shooting at each other while racing in go-karts...

Very Happy:D:D Good idea Rolling Eyes

Hey did you make that "Leon Fanboys" video . . .
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:10 pm

No I didn't make it. Just saw it while in a huge debate over whether Chris or Leon was better a few years back lol. Had it in my sig ever since.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:57 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
No I didn't make it. Just saw it while in a huge debate over whether Chris or Leon was better a few years back lol. Had it in my sig ever since.

You sir are on the bright side of the force! Mind if I add it in my sig? ? ?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:54 am

Go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased spinoff?   Unreleased spinoff? Empty

Back to top Go down

Unreleased spinoff?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Spin Offs-
Jump to: