HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?

Go down 
+11
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Wesker's Fanboy
00biohazard
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
Vandal
Cyberization
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
NiteKrawler
Limey
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 6:40 am

I think it's the economy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Wesker's Fanboy
Cerberus
Cerberus
Wesker's Fanboy

Playstation Network Yonwyn

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 6:45 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think it's the economy.

Could be true as well Razz
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 6:57 am

00biohazard wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
I have a pirated 360, wii, ps2, ds, psp. and an original ps3..., the reason: IMPORTS ARE FUCKING EXPENSIVE!!!!...

since movies music are released here their prices aren't as high as imported stuff, so when it comes to buying that kind of media i buy them.

90% of my games, are pirated. Not by me, but I buy them pirated. Don't have the money for originals. Don't care what anyone else says MUTHAFUCKAAAAS

I doint get it why do you pay for pirated versions when you can get em online 4 free. Same thing goes on here where im from, i mean all the DVD, CD stores have pirated versions of either games and/or movies and usually the games they sell there are ripped so badly and/or written to the disc the wrong way that there's the big chance that they wont work, the only reason i pay for the games is that i want em to work perfectly without any missing files (plus i only buy my favorite ones), so i its as much legal to download a pirated version as buying it at least where im from (if ur from post soviet country, guess there will be the same thing) there are absolutely legal webpages that allow you to download pretty much any video game that is hacked . . . So paying for them is kinda unusual for me (pirated versions i mean) . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 7:05 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
there are absolutely legal webpages that allow you to download pretty much any video game that is hacked . . .
The sites may be legal but the pirated games aren't. Even then, the sites are only legal as long as it's the users that share the games and if the page is not built on sharing said content.

The whole thing's kind of a grey area. Remember what happened to Mega Upload?
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 7:23 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
there are absolutely legal webpages that allow you to download pretty much any video game that is hacked . . .
The sites may be legal but the pirated games aren't. Even then, the sites are only legal as long as it's the users that share the games and if the page is not built on sharing said content.

The whole thing's kind of a grey area. Remember what happened to Mega Upload?

Exactly its kinda tough understanding legal bans on piracy, the criminal code says that its against the law, but the fact is that stores are flooded with pirated products. . .

Well one way or the other the online pirated games are still shared by users, the ones that hack games upload em absolutely for free, its all done to make websites more popular so that then it will get more online commercials, plus when i buy a game i can do what ever i want with it xept of making money, so that my actions wont go against Authors' rights . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 7:28 am

What kind of stores do you go to..?

when i buy a game i can do what ever i want with it xept of making money, so that my actions wont go against Authors' rights . . .
Your actions still go against the law even if you gave copies of that game you bought for free. You are distributing copyrighted material.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 7:55 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

when i buy a game i can do what ever i want with it xept of making money, so that my actions wont go against Authors' rights . . .
Your actions still go against the law even if you gave copies of that game you bought for free. You are distributing copyrighted material.

Ok say i bought the game and gave it to you as a present, will that count as distributing copyright material? No. you're braking authors rights when either you make profit on his product without paying him authors fee and/or claiming that product is yours (Plagiarism) . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Ok say i bought the game and gave it to you as a present, will that count as distributing copyright material? No. you're braking authors rights when either you make profit on his product without paying him authors fee and/or claiming that product is yours (Plagiarism) . . .
If you gave that copy away, without multiplying it, then it's okay. If you, however, make multiple copies of said game and then give those away to different people it's a crime.

This is why it is called copyright in the first place. The creator holds the right to all the copies of the product.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:10 am

Piracy would not be a big deal if these big companies stopped hoarding all the money at the top. Many game companies have come out and said that it is so expensive to make games that the games basically have to be AAA titles to be profitable. Well I believe them. BUT the problem is that the people at the top are not willing to take a cut in pay and then the people at the bottom get the scraps. DISTRIBUTE THE WEALTH MORE EVENLY!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wesker's Fanboy
Cerberus
Cerberus
Wesker's Fanboy

Playstation Network Yonwyn

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:17 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Piracy would not be a big deal if these big companies stopped hoarding all the money at the top. Many game companies have come out and said that it is so expensive to make games that the games basically have to be AAA titles to be profitable. Well I believe them. BUT the problem is that the people at the top are not willing to take a cut in pay and then the people at the bottom get the scraps. DISTRIBUTE THE WEALTH MORE EVENLY!!!!!!!!

Very very true. Games are extremely expensive these days.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 10:17 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
BUT the problem is that the people at the top are not willing to take a cut in pay and then the people at the bottom get the scraps.
How in the hell does that relate to the price of games? Suspect
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

If you gave that copy away, without multiplying it, then it's okay. If you, however, make multiple copies of said game and then give those away to different people it's a crime.

This is why it is called copyright in the first place. The creator holds the right to all the copies of the product.

Double checked the article and ur right, guess should have payed more attention on Intellectual Law classes back in uni, Still im mastering Criminal Law though, so not brushing up on old stuff any longer. The reason why its banned making free copies is that the author could have made profit on them. . .
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:52 pm

It's okay.

Don't be a square.

As long as you don't make a profit off of it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 2:22 pm

00biohazard wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
I have a pirated 360, wii, ps2, ds, psp. and an original ps3..., the reason: IMPORTS ARE FUCKING EXPENSIVE!!!!...

since movies music are released here their prices aren't as high as imported stuff, so when it comes to buying that kind of media i buy them.

90% of my games, are pirated. Not by me, but I buy them pirated. Don't have the money for originals. Don't care what anyone else says MUTHAFUCKAAAAS

I doint get it why do you pay for pirated versions when you can get em online 4 free. Same thing goes on here where im from, i mean all the DVD, CD stores have pirated versions of either games and/or movies and usually the games they sell there are ripped so badly and/or written to the disc the wrong way that there's the big chance that they wont work, the only reason i pay for the games is that i want em to work perfectly without any missing files (plus i only buy my favorite ones), so i its as much legal to download a pirated version as buying it at least where im from (if ur from post soviet country, guess there will be the same thing) there are absolutely legal webpages that allow you to download pretty much any video game that is hacked . . . So paying for them is kinda unusual for me (pirated versions i mean) . . .

´Cause I'm a technophobe and don't much care for downloading stuff with my own computer, rather but them done already Razz

Don't have alot of problems with them either, just some, but if their broken I just return them and get another or the same one, well and good, and free.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
BUT the problem is that the people at the top are not willing to take a cut in pay and then the people at the bottom get the scraps.

Ask the ones at the top. All of this "piracy hurts industries because they NEED that money!" bullshit is asinine. Are the companies going to go under? No. So why do they bring it up? Because they need more more more more more more more! It's greedy capitalist pig nonsense. The guys at the top of these companies make too much as it is, while regular everyday people get shit. I know we don't agree on this GL, but it is wrong.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 2:56 pm

00biohazard wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

´Cause I'm a technophobe and don't much care for downloading stuff with my own computer, rather but them done already Razz

Don't have alot of problems with them either, just some, but if their broken I just return them and get another or the same one, well and good, and free.

Wait a minute . . . I forgot. . . Ur a console gamer right ? ? ? Then it makes sense buying console games, pirated ones, i mean, cs downloading them and then recording them on disk so that console could read it, is a huge pain in the ass . . . You're saving a lot of money, cs console games are really costly . . . i agree with Night console games are wayyy high priced, i mean paying 60$ for a video game . . .

PS good 2 see spike back . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:20 am

console games are wayyy high priced, i mean paying 60$ for a video game . . .
Who pays that much for a video game Razz
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Yeaa hell if i know Rolling Eyes . . .

Woops, just noticed ive typed 60 instead of 30, but still its kinda too high . . . Rolling Eyes

Last edited by ChrisRedfieldRE156 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:38 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Yeaa hell if i know Rolling Eyes . . .
Am I missing some sarcasm here?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:45 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Ask the ones at the top. All of this "piracy hurts industries because they NEED that money!" bullshit is asinine. Are the companies going to go under? No. So why do they bring it up? Because they need more more more more more more more! It's greedy capitalist pig nonsense. The guys at the top of these companies make too much as it is, while regular everyday people get shit. I know we don't agree on this GL, but it is wrong.
No, it's theft, a criminal offense regardless of the wealth level of the party. You can hate big business all you want, but theft is still theft. Ford and Chevy are huge conglomerates, yet I don't see anyone in this thread endorsing the idea of jacking cars from their lots. Grand theft auto isn't okay, but as long as a property is data on a disc, it's fair game?

Get off your high horse named Hypocrite. It's sucks that some people have more money than I do, but persecution of someone for that reason is even worse. It goes totally against the foundation of this country as a land of opportunities.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:52 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

No, it's theft, a criminal offense regardless of the wealth level of the party. You can hate big business all you want, but theft is still theft. Ford and Chevy are huge conglomerates, yet I don't see anyone in this thread endorsing the idea of jacking cars from their lots. Grand theft auto isn't okay, but as long as a property is data on a disc, it's fair game?

Get off your high horse named Hypocrite. It's sucks that some people have more money than I do, but persecution of someone for that reason is even worse. It goes totally against the foundation of this country as a land of opportunities.
I not only completely agree with this, but I can relate. I work right now at the largest Honda dealer in the east region, and we recently had several car jacks last month. Just because we've still got a six story garage filled with millions of dollars worth of cars doesn't mean that doesn't harm our business. We had the police interview everyone.

At any rate, I posted earlier, whether you steal one dollar or a hundred, it's still the act of stealing, and no matter what way you look at it; morally it's wrong.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:27 am

Mercy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

I not only completely agree with this, but I can relate. I work right now at the largest Honda dealer in the east region, and we recently had several car jacks last month. Just because we've still got a six story garage filled with millions of dollars worth of cars doesn't mean that doesn't harm our business. We had the police interview everyone.

At any rate, I posted earlier, whether you steal one dollar or a hundred, it's still the act of stealing, and no matter what way you look at it; morally it's wrong.

I'm with Nite, Mass, and Ghost and Mercy actually and here's why. I don't try to steal on a daily basis because I've been stolen from a lot. But I have a legitimate reason why I pirate. My PSOne, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy Advance, and GameCube broke a long time ago, leaving me with massive game collections I can't use anymore. Sure, you can probably ask me why I just didn't buy another of each. Well, I have troubles at home that I wouldn't like to elaborate on and let's just say my mom said no, shall we? Some people just can't afford those consoles and games so what do I do? I download Emulators onto my computer my school gave me and play the games on there after downloading them off the internet. Do I like doing it? No. But do I have to? No. But do I want to? Yes. I'm not going to get into a moral discussion because I'm an atheist and I'm not going to talk about heaven or hell, but I still feel bad inside for pirating. I may enjoy the game I couldn't buy or the movie I couldn't pay for or the music I couldn't listen to on my computer for free, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit around and act like I'm not going to give a sh*t. Hey, I've been to Juvie. I'm done bad things in my life. I know that those things are wrong. But if you really want something and everyone is always saying that you get what you want in this world, what do you do?

I actually attempt to pay back for my pirating. Every time I pirate a game, I sell my hardcopy of it to Gamestop or at least another game of equal value. If it's music, I give a way a disc. If it's a movie, the same. For every bad thing I do I try to make up for it, even though somethings you just can't make up.

I think somebody on this thread wrote "If you saw somebody steal a car, would you do it too?" Well, I will. To chase down the other person who stole one first and make him go to jail with me if I can.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:49 am

AWDCP; You just discovered MORALITY. Gain 2000 xp.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:36 am

I do think motive is important for piracy, especially when it's more abstract. "Would they buy it anyway", "Is it possible to acquire", "Are the corporation extorting customers".
Back to top Go down
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:19 pm

Argh Wink

Like Nite said a while back, if I have the money, I won't pirate it. But things are hard these days.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?   What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are your opinions on piracy, very controversial online?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next