Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode Empty
PostSubject: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:11 pm

I didn't even know about this forum, didn't even think about any RE forums for that matter for a long time, but when I stumbled upon this place I was like> hey, why not?

I uploaded this walkthrough some months ago, it's a Claire A/Leon B take on Hard mode (some call it Nightmare mode). Went through it without problems, so maybe someone will be interested to see it.

Edit: can't post external links or emails for 7 days, so eh, sorry. My bad. Guess it's because of the bots, but still makes little sense.

Edit2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AlLYgLmxLk

Last edited by Shrike on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Speaking of hard mode, I've never played hard mode before. Maybe I'll do a no-damage run of it when I'm not as rusty.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Shrike wrote:
I didn't even know about this forum, didn't even think about any RE forums for that matter for a long time, but when I stumbled upon this place I was like> hey, why not?

I uploaded this walkthrough some months ago, it's a Claire A/Leon B take on Hard mode (some call it Nightmare mode). Went through it without problems, so maybe someone will be interested to see it.

Edit: can't post external links or emails for 7 days, so eh, sorry. My bad. Guess it's because of the bots, but still makes little sense.

Well in that case just post your youtube name or that.
It depends on what port it is, you have hard mode but nightmare mode is completely different, it's sort of like hard hard mode.
I will be posting up a lot of RE videos / walkthroughs in the coming weeks.
I will also be posting up some speedruns etc.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 6:38 am

Mcghie wrote:

Well in that case just post your youtube name or that.
It depends on what port it is, you have hard mode but nightmare mode is completely different, it's sort of like hard hard mode.
I will be posting up a lot of RE videos / walkthroughs in the coming weeks.
I will also be posting up some speedruns etc.

What is different in Nightmare mode? Because all the videos I have watched it's the exact same thing.

Shrike100 is my YT name.

And cool, I love watching people who can play. I could have done a speedrun of 2 or 3, but never got around to film it. Played it a lot back when I was a kid, but it's always cool to visit the nostalgia city.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:52 am

Shrike wrote:

What is different in Nightmare mode? Because all the videos I have watched it's the exact same thing.

Well in the PC mode you have hard mode already from the start.
If you play arranged mode you have rookie but then unlock expert and nightmare.
Nightmare has different enemies placement, scarcer ammo, item placement is changed as well, enemies deal a LOT more damage
(the lickers can take you from FINE to DANGER in one hit most time).
Play it and you will find out Smile.

Yeah I'v been playing Resident evil since 1998, in that time I'v progressed very highly in skill for the series.
I like to challenge myself hence why I will be doing a few speed runs and knife runs.

Cool I will give you channel a look.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:34 am

Cool. I am going to go for Nightmare tonight and see what it's about, but Hard also gives you less ammo and enemies also deal a lot more damage. Furthermore, enemies are a lot tougher, but you handgun has a chance of one shotting them by a headshot. If you don't get a HS, a zombie can take up to 20 bullets np. Also, never wanted to play Arrange because you had infinite ammo or some shit like that.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Shrike wrote:
Cool. I am going to go for Nightmare tonight and see what it's about, but Hard also gives you less ammo and enemies also deal a lot more damage. Furthermore, enemies are a lot tougher, but you handgun has a chance of one shotting them by a headshot. If you don't get a HS, a zombie can take up to 20 bullets np. Also, never wanted to play Arrange because you had infinite ammo or some shit like that.

Yeah they are very similar, but nightmare mode is just that little bit harder.
Yeah That's how I felt as well, I never use the OP weapons even in the main game, never mind the arrange mode having infinite ammo.
I like to have a challenge in games, especially Resident Evil, so I don't enjoy when it gives you watered down tactics such as utilizing infinite ammo.

Oh on a sidenote I had a look at your channel and subbed.
My YouTube name is the "MerchantHD"
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:56 pm

It looks like RE2 had a "No Hope" mode before it was cool.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Nobudy wrote:

Hipster RE.

This is actually difficult. No Hope is just annoying as fuck. Those checkpoints in RE6 make the game cheap, so I had hoped that No Hope would make it better because you start with low health instead of full health from the last checkpoint, but nope, it's just irritating and not well optimized difficulty.

RE2 had balanced difficulty, so Hard/Nightmare made it really difficult, but far from impossible. No Hope is even worse then RE5's Pro. Can't complain about RE4's difficulty though. It's done very well.

Also, @Mcghie - finished Nightmare on Leon A (because it's easier then Claire A and I don't have the nerves to go through that again). I actually found it easier then Hard. It had lesser items to find, but it also had less enemies and they didn't hit as hard as they do on Hard, really. Maaan, you got me all fired up, I thought it will be a new level of challenge : ( But, thanks for subscribing, and share whenever you upload something bro, I'll definitely watch it.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Shrike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Hipster RE.

This is actually difficult. No Hope is just annoying as fuck. Those checkpoints in RE6 make the game cheap, so I had hoped that No Hope would make it better because you start with low health instead of full health from the last checkpoint, but nope, it's just irritating and not well optimized difficulty.

RE2 had balanced difficulty, so Hard/Nightmare made it really difficult, but far from impossible. No Hope is even worse then RE5's Pro. Can't complain about RE4's difficulty though. It's done very well.

Also, @Mcghie - finished Nightmare on Leon A (because it's easier then Claire A and I don't have the nerves to go through that again). I actually found it easier then Hard. It had lesser items to find, but it also had less enemies and they didn't hit as hard as they do on Hard, really. Maaan, you got me all fired up, I thought it will be a new level of challenge : ( But, thanks for subscribing, and share whenever you upload something bro, I'll definitely watch it.
Cheap difficulty, not a balanced challenge which is more demanding of certain tactics/skills. A flawed experience is revealed, IMO, when no matter how tactical, precise and caution one is, the game is continuously frustrating. X-Com reboot and Civilization V are two examples- AI cheats as the higher difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Shrike wrote:

Must have just been hard mode for the N64 then, the last time I actually played nightmare is before I got the PC release.
I thought they might have been different.
It's funny how you find some things that are supposed to be harder easier than the less harder modes.
I just done a run on Resident evil 2 arranged mode on normal and it actually ended up being harder than hard mode lol.
Hard mode I seemed to just run past enemies and they didn't damage me that much, got bit twice and half and was still on Fine lol.

No problem, I will do when I start posting.
I might post up my RE2 speedrun tomorrow whilst I'm at work.
Then do my walkthrough for Thursday and spend the weekend uploading the parts.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Limey wrote:

Cheap difficulty, not a balanced challenge which is more demanding of certain tactics/skills. A flawed experience is revealed, IMO, when no matter how tactical, precise and caution one is, the game is continuously frustrating. X-Com reboot and Civilization V are two examples- AI cheats as the higher difficulty.

That's it. It's all so fast and full of enemies that no matter how well you play, someone will make that successful swing at you, and you are only going to be annoyed. When a Tyrant, William or Nemesis cut me up, I am like: hell yeah, these guys aren't chumps! But they aren't too hard either, so the balanced challenge is there.

Mcghie wrote:

Must have just been hard mode for the N64 then, the last time I actually played nightmare is before I got the PC release.
I thought they might have been different.
It's funny how you find some things that are supposed to be harder easier than the less harder modes.
I just done a run on Resident evil 2 arranged mode on normal and it actually ended up being harder than hard mode lol.
Hard mode I seemed to just run past enemies and they didn't damage me that much, got bit twice and half and was still on Fine lol.

No problem, I will do when I start posting.
I might post up my RE2 speedrun tomorrow whilst I'm at work.
Then do my walkthrough for Thursday and spend the weekend uploading the parts.

There is a Randomize Mode for N64, I don't think there is Hard on it. Hard is only on PC, which is the equivalent of Nightmare on DC. At least that's what the Wikis say about RE2. I dunno, man, when I played Claire A when I was filming that video, I forgot how much crossbow sucks on Hard, they almost had me at one point. Although I ended up alright and finished both scenarios without getting killed and with no First Aids.

It could be that you are used to doing speedruns and you know where each enemy is, but on Arrange, they are placed a bit differently, so you have problems avoiding them, dunno. It wasn't harder then Hard, that's for sure. But, I may be just a bit too much of a retard-fan who can't stop playing a game after 15 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode   Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode Empty

Back to top Go down

Walkthrough of RE2 Hard mode
Page 1 of 1