HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Paul Anderson confirms he's heading reboot of RE film series
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:25 am by Ghost Leader

» Someone from the past
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:44 am by Bulls-3ye

» Resident Evil 2 remake talk...
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:09 pm by Ghost Leader

» Your first Zombie Film
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:35 am by Bulls-3ye

» London Tube Map in RE1 REmake
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:07 am by zeolite

» What do you want for future games?
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:36 pm by Ssplain

» What has happen??
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:44 am by Nobudy

» Many new Resident Evil announcements coming this year!
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:30 am by Bulls-3ye

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:27 pm by DeathShadows

Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month

Share | 
 

 Resident Evil 4: Official Cut Scenes Movie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jadenman3000
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Playstation Network JadensLobbies
Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Resident Evil 4: Official Cut Scenes Movie   Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:01 pm

Please Enjoy!!

youtube . com /watch?v=dlGo6GAIw0A

If you enjoyed it please sub him!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12946
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 28
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Official Cut Scenes Movie   Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:23 am

I prefer Biohazard 4: Incubation.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 35
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Official Cut Scenes Movie   Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:08 am

I don't even like the game itself, so I doubt a "movie" made up of its cutscenes would garner any entertainment for me.

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Zombie
Zombie
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Official Cut Scenes Movie   Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:56 am

I just cant understand, how they could make such an awesome game to look so bad, i mean RE remakes graphics are much better then 4, even 3.5 had better graphics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12946
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 28
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Official Cut Scenes Movie   Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
even 3.5 had better graphics.
Make a side-by-side comparison. It's the exact same.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Mcghie
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Steam : BioDeamz
Posts : 2027
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 26
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Official Cut Scenes Movie   Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:44 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
I just cant understand, how they could make such an awesome game to look so bad, i mean RE remakes graphics are much better then 4, even 3.5 had better graphics.

They where both equally the same graphically.
The only difference in how REmake looked better is due to different lighting and shader techniques.
You see in REmake they could get away with a lot of reflective shaders and moody lights because the location was more suited for it and
the areas where less in size meaning it would be less stressful to run.
Resident evil 4 had huge open areas which meant real time lighting was simple not possible and the PS2/GC would struggle to run it (if it could even run it at all).
Resident evil 4 chose to go with pre baking the Gi into the environment and also pre baking the textures.

So this is how it looks like they both have differences in graphical quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Zombie
Zombie
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Official Cut Scenes Movie   Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:40 am

Mcghie wrote:
ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
I just cant understand, how they could make such an awesome game to look so bad, i mean RE remakes graphics are much better then 4, even 3.5 had better graphics.

They where both equally the same graphically.
The only difference in how REmake looked better is due to different lighting and shader techniques.
You see in REmake they could get away with a lot of reflective shaders and moody lights because the location was more suited for it and
the areas where less in size meaning it would be less stressful to run.
Resident evil 4 had huge open areas which meant real time lighting was simple not possible and the PS2/GC would struggle to run it (if it could even run it at all).
Resident evil 4 chose to go with pre baking the Gi into the environment and also pre baking the textures.

So this is how it looks like they both have differences in graphical quality.

All the games have prebaked textures, thats how it works with game engines, first all they model high polygon models (objects) and then they bake textures for low poly models and use bump mapping to get 3 dimensional surface effect, so in both REmake and 4 the models have prebaked textures, RE 1 though uses preremdered environment when in 4 environment is engine based so that models can interact with it, 4 ex if you shoot wall in REmake nothing happens, when in 4 the bullet bumps appear (its also scripted differently), the reason why 4 looks so bad, is that textures are worked out quite badly, they seem flat and colorless, say if you compare Chris' model with leon first one looks much better then other (theres not much difference in making them), second global illumination sucked ass, simply game was not worked out well graphically, there were games on PS2 that looked much, much better then 4, so console has nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mcghie
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Steam : BioDeamz
Posts : 2027
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 26
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Official Cut Scenes Movie   Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:14 pm

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:

All the games have prebaked textures, thats how it works with game engines, first all they model high polygon models (objects) and then they bake textures for low poly models and use bump mapping to get 3 dimensional surface effect, so in both REmake and 4 the models have prebaked textures, RE 1 though uses preremdered environment when in 4 environment is engine based so that models can interact with it, 4 ex if you shoot wall in REmake nothing happens, when in 4 the bullet bumps appear (its also scripted differently), the reason why 4 looks so bad, is that textures are worked out quite badly, they seem flat and colorless, say if you compare Chris' model with leon first one looks much better then other (theres not much difference in making them), second global illumination sucked ass, simply game was not worked out well graphically, there were games on PS2 that looked much, much better then 4, so console has nothing to do with it.

That is not what I meant, I know all textures are pre-baked, you would need some high end hardware to run a game that had real time texturing plus there would be a lot of artefacts.
I was meaning the relied on there textures to give them the appearance of lighting, instead of relying on lighting itself.
Most of the time it's actually low poly modelling with normal mapping, very rarely do games use high poly modelling.

I do agree the texturing in RE4 wasn't at it's best and they tried to rely on the textures where they should have just stuck to relying on lighting.
That way it might have came out looking not bad.
There was a PC mod that updated the lighting and it looks 10% better than the original version.

You don't need to give me a breakdown on all this, I'm a first year student studying for my BA (Hons) in Computer Games Modelling and Animation.
My comment was a little incoherent due to the fact I was rushing to write it before I went to work, only to find out that I forgot it was bank holiday so I wasn't working today :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Zombie
Zombie
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Official Cut Scenes Movie   Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:13 pm

Mcghie wrote:
ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:

All the games have prebaked textures, thats how it works with game engines, first all they model high polygon models (objects) and then they bake textures for low poly models and use bump mapping to get 3 dimensional surface effect, so in both REmake and 4 the models have prebaked textures, RE 1 though uses preremdered environment when in 4 environment is engine based so that models can interact with it, 4 ex if you shoot wall in REmake nothing happens, when in 4 the bullet bumps appear (its also scripted differently), the reason why 4 looks so bad, is that textures are worked out quite badly, they seem flat and colorless, say if you compare Chris' model with leon first one looks much better then other (theres not much difference in making them), second global illumination sucked ass, simply game was not worked out well graphically, there were games on PS2 that looked much, much better then 4, so console has nothing to do with it.

That is not what I meant, I know all textures are pre-baked, you would need some high end hardware to run a game that had real time texturing plus there would be a lot of artefacts.
I was meaning the relied on there textures to give them the appearance of lighting, instead of relying on lighting itself.
Most of the time it's actually low poly modelling with normal mapping, very rarely do games use high poly modelling.

I do agree the texturing in RE4 wasn't at it's best and they tried to rely on the textures where they should have just stuck to relying on lighting.
That way it might have came out looking not bad.
There was a PC mod that updated the lighting and it looks 10% better than the original version.

You don't need to give me a breakdown on all this, I'm a first year student studying for my BA (Hons) in Computer Games Modelling and Animation.
My comment was a little incoherent due to the fact I was rushing to write it before I went to work, only to find out that I forgot it was bank holiday so I wasn't working today :/

You mean specular mapping? Spec maps still need source light to know which part of object to be reflective, plus spec maps sucked ass in 4, as well as lighting, plus all games use spec maps, you cant rely only on lightin, simply cs engine wont know what material its made of, its not like in Still rendering and/or animation when you can tell rendering engine what material certain mesh is made of, it also speaks against capcom, if they heavily worked on lights lights still sucked in the end, shading was horrible, atmospheric lighting looked like crap, so in the end, devs never bothered much bout the way the game looked, not like they've tried but it didnt work out . . .

i've never said that any game uses High P modeling, what i've said was that the textures are baked from high poly models and then applied to the low polys, even more so i've never seen a game that uses high poly ones, even the most basic ones, simply cs it will load up RAM memo as hell and the game will be laggy, more faces more ram it takes to run it, say if u use my AK down there and put it in game, my PC of i5 IV, 16 gig RAM and 650 GTX 2 gigs gonna have to do its best to run it and it still will freeze at some points, the games that have awesome graphics have it thnx to awesome texturing/bumping and incredible global illumination/light setup, 4 ex cryengine is famous for its global illumination and light rendering and guys from Crytek sure are masters of setting up textures. . .

RE4 sucked simply cs lighting and texturing was really undercooked, they payed most of their attention to physics and mo cap . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Official Cut Scenes Movie   

Back to top Go down
 
Resident Evil 4: Official Cut Scenes Movie
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Resident Evil: Revelations 2
» Resident Evil HD remake
» PLATINUMS
» Cyber Save Editor (PS4) game list
» State of BruteForce community?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Movies-
Jump to: