HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?

Go down 
+10
PWNERX
Industrial Ridden
NiteKrawler
Ghost Leader
Spike991
RaviorStygian
Vandal
Mass Distraction
Valentine Fan
PunkMaister
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? Empty
PostSubject: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Could Screengems and Anderson lose their rights to RE if in their arrogance and gall get entangled into too many film projects and fail to deliver another RE film in 3 years time as was the case with Sam Raimi in the Spiderman franchise? I cannot conceive that if he fails to deliver a movie for for too long a time rights would not revert back to Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:30 pm

I would hope so, and then maybe we could get a director who knows what the hell he's doing with these games.
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Valentine Fan wrote:
I would hope so, and then maybe we could get a director who knows what the hell he's doing with these games.

And that Capcom finally allows once that happens for the live action film franchise and the games to be tied in instead of being in separate universes.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:45 am

I'm hoping that if they actually decide to reboot the films like they have been planning on, that they dump Anderson from the project. Make the movies actually about the games, starting from RE1. Then we'd actually know if it would work. It would also make an effective reboot, maybe getting more people into the games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:43 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm hoping that if they actually decide to reboot the films like they have been planning on, that they dump Anderson from the project. Make the movies actually about the games, starting from RE1. Then we'd actually know if it would work. It would also make an effective reboot, maybe getting more people into the games.

I doubt that would happen because if I'm not Mistaken Anderson basically owns Screengems and as long as he keeps dishing out RE movies there is no chance of the franchise reverting to Capcom, and Capcom's stance is that they do not want a live action film franchise of RE to tie in to the games in any way in fact that's how the contract was worked out. So the only way that we would ever see a live action RE film franchise is for the rights to revert back to Capcom snf for Capcom to finally end it's stance against a live action franchise that follows canon and ties in with the games..

Screengems reboot is Anderson's reboot it would still be a a separate universe from the games that will keep pissing RE fans off if that's how it goes down.

Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:32 am

I'm actually somewhat happy that the live-action movies are still being kept seperate in canon, mainly because I'm not sure if my beloved RE1/REmake would transfer well to the big-screen. Granted, there is a chance that it would, and I would most likely fall in love with the film, but the chance that it will be poorly done remains, and I'd rather not take that chance.

Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Valentine Fan wrote:
I'm actually somewhat happy that the live-action movies are still being kept seperate in canon, mainly because I'm not sure if my beloved RE1/REmake would transfer well to the big-screen. Granted, there is a chance that it would, and I would most likely fall in love with the film, but the chance that it will be poorly done remains, and I'd rather not take that chance.

Why not? if it follows canon like the Lord of the rings films did I see no problem in the games and live action films being tied together and a film franchise that is loosely based on the games...
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:13 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:

Why not? if it follows canon like the Lord of the rings films did I see no problem in the games and live action films being tied together and a film franchise that is loosely based on the games...

Well of course if they followed canon EXACTLY like LOTR did, I would be happy beyond my wildest dreams. My problem is this. Whenever a game is adapted to a movie, things get, to put it plainly, Fucked Up Beyond All Belief. It happened with RE, It happened with Tomb Raider, and it happened with Silent Hill 1. Hollywood can't stand to have an idea for a movie come from a game, and have it only come from that. They feel the need to change it.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:11 pm

For the record, Raimi didn't lose the rights to Spider-Man. He went through 4 iterations of screenplays and decided that he couldn't meet a 2011 deadline while keeping his creativity up. He said though he had huge plans for the franchise he "hated" all the scripts that were bing pumped.

Resident Evil Retribution was supposed to be much longer, and a two parter, but Anderson decided he would only work on Retribution. So he still has energy for another.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:52 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
It happened with Tomb Raider, and it happened with Silent Hill 1.
I actually thought Silent Hill was an awesome movie, by far the best videogame to movie adaptation.

Tomb Raider was decent and at least it had the actual main character as the, you know, main character.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:56 am

Could you honestly pin a character from the Resident Evil series as a main character? I mean sure, Jill and Chris are way more main character material than fucking Alice; but really think, who would be the main character of Resident Evil? When you say "Resident Evil" who comes to mind first?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 5:41 am

Well that's what I pretty much meant. ANY of the characters who actually starred in the series should have taken the spotlight instead of Alice.

If I really had to say who the MAIN main character is... I'd say propably Chris. He has been featured the most too. Ironically, he has gotten the least attention in the films.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:25 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Well that's what I pretty much meant. ANY of the characters who actually starred in the series should have taken the spotlight instead of Alice.

If I really had to say who the MAIN main character is... I'd say propably Chris. He has been featured the most too. Ironically, he has gotten the least attention in the films.
I think either Chris or Leon. Chris slightly more so.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Depends on which game that the movie would be adapted from. The original/remake? Chris or Jill.

RE 2? Leon or Claire

RE 4? Leon
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:14 pm

If it's a reboot then it would only make sense to start from the story of RE/RE0.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 5:55 pm

^

True. Then there could possibly be a movie where the storylines are parallel to each other. Switch between the perspectives of Chris and Jill, with flashbacks with Rebecca and Billy.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 6:04 pm

That would propably make things too confusing. They should just stick with the first game's story with the opening scene being about what happened in Zer0. Maybe hint to Billy and Rebecca's ordeal but having flashbacks on something not really relevant to the ongoing story would just confuse the viewer.
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:14 am

^ Off course all this depends exclusively on Screengems/Anderson losing their rights over the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:19 am

Which I believe isn't any time soon because it's still making money and Anderson has more ideas—crappy as they may be—for future films.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:13 pm

I don't hate Anderson's movies, but I also wouldn't mind seeing live action versions of the RE games we love so much. RE1 Movie FTW!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:19 pm

You guys seem to be confused as to the true meaning of the phrase, "Based on". Here's a hint: It doesn't mean, "Exact retelling". So regardless of how the Anderson movies deviate from the game canon, they are, in fact, based on the games.

Mass Distraction wrote:
I actually thought Silent Hill was an awesome movie, by far the best videogame to movie adaptation.
I'd put Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time right up there next to it, if not above it. The basic plot of the game was perfectly intact, despite some of the characters being changed and/or original creations for the movie.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Obviously the movies are based on Resident Evil. That's no reason to not complain about their shittiness.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:48 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
That's no reason to not complain about their shittiness.
I'm not saying it is (though I've liked all, excluding Retribution which I haven't seen yet, except Afterlife), just responding to an earlier claim that "we might actually get movies based on the games."
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:07 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
That's no reason to not complain about their shittiness.
I'm not saying it is (though I've liked all, excluding Retribution which I haven't seen yet, except Afterlife), just responding to an earlier claim that "we might actually get movies based on the games."

I've heard Retribution is da bomb. Though I haven't seen it for myself, just a couple of sources said so.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:25 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I'd put Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time right up there next to it, if not above it. The basic plot of the game was perfectly intact, despite some of the characters being changed and/or original creations for the movie.
Oh yeah, that was a pretty awesome movie too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?   Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could screengems lose thier rights to RE like Raimi did with Spidey?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Movies-
Jump to: