HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)

Go down 
+5
ResEvilChick
Mass Distraction
Methsia
00biohazard
sirjibbs323
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sirjibbs323
Cerberus
Cerberus

Playstation Network sirjibs323

good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  Empty
PostSubject: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks man! good read, good to know we're not that screwed if it happens lol.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:40 pm

They are slow. I mean look at that one scene in Shaun of the Dead. Shaun just crossed the road like a normal person would, not noticing much around him.

Yeah, he's a twat. But still, that's how we should be around zombies. You can easily walk up to them and shoot them in the head, then move on to the next one Razz

That is if they are just normal zombies.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:03 am

Good points, though I have a few things that might just totally counter everything said and something the article didn't take into consideration.

Zombified animals. What if the virus does not infect just humans? Any animal feasting on the undead would quickly become one too simply because of taking the stuff into their system. This is something that isn't, interestingly enough, really touched in any other zombie related media except Resident Evil. Just remember, if the time ever comes, that the footsteps of a dog might not mean you're saved. It might also mean you're royally fucked.

The "undead" might not be dead at all. As the dead can only live again in fantasy world, the most realistic way for zombie apocalypse to happen is a "rage disease", much like the one seen in 28 Days Later and its sequel. This alone counters many points from the article, including the "dead" just rotting away.

The virus, or whatever, could well be transferred via multiple other ways than just biting. While biting is the popular culture way, it's not the most realistic way. Sure, bite could also infect you but what if the disease was airborn? What if it was in your tap water? For all we know it could be a horrible disaster just exploding everywhere so fast we wouldn't even be able to notice it until it was too late. Hell, it could even get carried inside you without you even noticing until the first symptoms. By that you could have already infected everyone you know.

Like in Walking Dead, the hospitals would be all crowded up rather quickly. The police force isn't exactly gonna start shooting everything right off the bat either. How about people with guns? Are they just gonna shoot their loved ones if they have no idea what a "zombie" even is?

Another thing, what if the zombies aren't the slow and shambling kind? What if they can climb too? I already mentioned 28 Days Later. Imagine that. Imagine their primal instinct to hunt. Dozens of flesh hungry people running after you, nowhere to run or hide.

For a last thought, imagine it suddenly starting in the most crowded place in, say, China. Millions dead in the matter of hours.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ResEvilChick
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
ResEvilChick

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:17 am

That's actually very relieving...although if it ever happens, I'll be fully prepared to kick some dead ass, thanks to Resident Evil
Back to top Go down
JPHERO
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JPHERO

Playstation Network jphere09

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:26 am

Hmm yeah you make a good point mass! There are many ways it can happen and if i would see a zombie i would grab a bat bash it over his head then just move on like it was just another day lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/japhere09
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 11:21 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Good points, though I have a few things that might just totally counter everything said and something the article didn't take into consideration.

Zombified animals. What if the virus does not infect just humans? Any animal feasting on the undead would quickly become one too simply because of taking the stuff into their system. This is something that isn't, interestingly enough, really touched in any other zombie related media except Resident Evil. Just remember, if the time ever comes, that the footsteps of a dog might not mean you're saved. It might also mean you're royally fucked.

The "undead" might not be dead at all. As the dead can only live again in fantasy world, the most realistic way for zombie apocalypse to happen is a "rage disease", much like the one seen in 28 Days Later and its sequel. This alone counters many points from the article, including the "dead" just rotting away.

The virus, or whatever, could well be transferred via multiple other ways than just biting. While biting is the popular culture way, it's not the most realistic way. Sure, bite could also infect you but what if the disease was airborn? What if it was in your tap water? For all we know it could be a horrible disaster just exploding everywhere so fast we wouldn't even be able to notice it until it was too late. Hell, it could even get carried inside you without you even noticing until the first symptoms. By that you could have already infected everyone you know.

Like in Walking Dead, the hospitals would be all crowded up rather quickly. The police force isn't exactly gonna start shooting everything right off the bat either. How about people with guns? Are they just gonna shoot their loved ones if they have no idea what a "zombie" even is?

Another thing, what if the zombies aren't the slow and shambling kind? What if they can climb too? I already mentioned 28 Days Later. Imagine that. Imagine their primal instinct to hunt. Dozens of flesh hungry people running after you, nowhere to run or hide.

For a last thought, imagine it suddenly starting in the most crowded place in, say, China. Millions dead in the matter of hours.

BSAA Alpha team captain of BSAA Europe, Mass Distraction.
Back to top Go down
ResEvilChick
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
ResEvilChick

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Once I had a crazy dream that I was in RE2 with Leon and Claire. It was pretty anger-relieving to shoot those suckers.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:43 pm

it would make more sense for a zombie virus that is 28 days later orientated, because it is
physical impossible for something to come back life once dead(excluding mouth to mouth
and such) whereas the virus in 28 days later is an advanced version of rabies that turns
humans into infected monsters which in theory is possible.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:54 am

00biohazard wrote:
BSAA Alpha team captain of BSAA Europe, Mass Distraction.
Hahaha Very Happy Maybe I should get that BSAA shirt that I saw on sale. Too bad they sell only them with the North American branch logos.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:14 pm

JPHERO wrote:
Hmm yeah you make a good point mass! There are many ways it can happen and if i would see a zombie i would grab a bat bash it over his head then just move on like it was just another day lol
How naive of you to think killing is so easy.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:21 am

ResEvilChick wrote:
Once I had a crazy dream that I was in RE2 with Leon and Claire. It was pretty anger-relieving to shoot those suckers.

Yeah, Leon and Claire are suckers.

@GL, don't forget us over on the West side of the globe will be prepared for the zombie apocolypse! And I'll bring my fanny-pack still!

@Mass, you guys might be in trouble. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 am

Spike991 wrote:
@Mass, you guys might be in trouble. Sorry.
How come? Because we can't get the right kind of shirts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)    good read  7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  Empty

Back to top Go down

good read 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)
Page 1 of 1