Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Note to self. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Note to self. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Note to self. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Note to self. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Note to self.

Go down 
+7
ThomVD
00biohazard
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
Venoym
Vandal
ChrisSherry
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Note to self. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:13 am

Why did you like it? The story wasn't that great, Claire played a bit part, Leon sucked, the music sucked, the graphics sucked, Angela sucked, the animation was only good for two sequences, and it might as well not have happened because what cure for the T-virus was destroyed, and no one uses the T- Virus anyway anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:44 am

I think we have had this conversation before on some other thread.

Anyway, I liked it because I happen to like CG movies. On top of that it was Resident Evil, starred one of my favorite characters in the series, for some odd reason I liked the dialogue and G-Curtis was a pretty badass boss. I also like the fact that the setting was completely new for the RE universe. Seeing Leon and Claire both in the same movie was also pretty cool.

Now, before anyone has an aneurism and starts disagreeing with me like it was their holy mission I have this to say: I don't really give a shit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:00 am

Why do you always need arguments to defend yourself if you like something? Sometimes you just like something, but don't know why exactly. Sometimes the story, characters or whatever in a movie are technically not good but you can still enjoy the movie. I have that with Degeneration. The story was meh, the characters sucked aside from Claire, but I still enjoyed watching the movie.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:01 am

Mercy wrote:
Venoym wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
I really liked Degenration.
However, I am not a fan of Angela though. And there wasn't even Leon and Claire scenes.

Agreed. I dunno how anyone at capcom could possibly think Angela was a likeable character. And I'm not even a shipper, looking at this cold and objectively, I still really dislike Angela.

I actually liked Degeneration, and I didn't like Angela either.
Why did you like it? When I asked around the only reason why anyone liked it was because it was canon. Honestly, I don't think that's a good reason…

I liked that Leon and Claire were reunited. I'm a big fan of them together and separate. I liked getting to know what Claire was up to as well.

I also agree with what Mass Distraction said above.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 am

I thought it was ok, Not great but not the worst. My main problem with it was Leon acting like a complete different person with no personality not to mention his faced looked completely different.

Im hoping Damnation will be better, Its got lickers in it which is always a plus and im still holding on to the tiniest bit of hope that Buddy may turn out to be Ark.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:39 am

I just don't see why people like the movie, to just like it because it's Resident Evil is a pretty bad reason to like it, that's all I'm saying. Claire was in Afterlife, and that movie sucked, Leon and Ada are in Retribution, and that movie isn't looking any better. I enjoy CG films too, it's a brand new art to explore and expose, but it has to be done right, RE5 looked way better than Degeneration, and a CG film is supposed to be praised by its animation and graphical achievements.

Maybe if Claire played a bigger role or if she and Leon had more scenes together I would forgive the movie, but I can't. I sat through the movie once and pretended I liked it, I tried watching it recently and couldn't finish it. I got up to the part after Claire, Leon and Angela escape from the airport. I like the setting, I wish they had spent more time there instead of just closing it off so suddenly. That's the only part I like. I just wished their reuniting was more meaningful, instead of Leon chasing some blonde Mary Sue fanfic OC the entire time.

And I agree with Wesker, Leon would have just said "Shoot them in the head." instead of giving some lecture about how you waste ammo, time, money, and lives by shooting anywhere else. He was acting like a dick who was trying to come off as a serious person. And he looked fucking ugly.
Back to top Go down
Venoym
Cerberus
Cerberus
Venoym

Steam : Venoym

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Mercy wrote:
Venoym wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
I really liked Degenration.
However, I am not a fan of Angela though. And there wasn't even Leon and Claire scenes.

Agreed. I dunno how anyone at capcom could possibly think Angela was a likeable character. And I'm not even a shipper, looking at this cold and objectively, I still really dislike Angela.

I actually liked Degeneration, and I didn't like Angela either.
Why did you like it? When I asked around the only reason why anyone liked it was because it was canon. Honestly, I don't think that's a good reason…

Don't get me wrong, I saw a lot of things wrong with the movie too.
I liked it overall because the plot was pretty well played out and some scenes were just pure awesome, like Leon showing off some parkour skills when one of the platforms were getting dropped. (Not even to mention that it was nice to see Claire in a release again.)

I've noticed that people who don't like Degeneration, when asked why they don't, usually only name things that could have improved something instead of a legitimate change. (Besides Angela)

I guess I'm trying to say it didn't win my Movie of the Year award, but I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Quote :
I've noticed that people who don't like Degeneration, when asked why they don't, usually only name things that could have improved something instead of a legitimate change. (Besides Angela)
That's because it needs improvements. Think about this; Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City is good on paper. You're playing as a militant platoon working in the background of Resident Evil 2 & 3, their target: Leon Kennedy. That game fucking tanked and I was so psyched for it.

Degeneration was also good on paper: Leon and Claire meet up for the first time in years, the setting: an airport, the enemies: zombies and a G-Virus infected activist, all wrapped around this political controversy. How could they possibly screw that up? I personally thought it was poorly thrown together. Obviously what they had was good, but the delivery, the story, the bastardization of the characters, the creative minds behind that movie raped the franchise's title.

I felt that they didn't really care about the movie's production value either. From the music to the animation, from the CG models to the lip syncing, other CG films blow straight past Resident Evil Degeneration like Appleseed and The Incredibles, both of which came out years before Degeneration. it seemed like they were working on a $300 budget, they cut so many corners and it really shows.
Back to top Go down
Venoym
Cerberus
Cerberus
Venoym

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Mercy wrote:
Quote :
That's because it needs improvements.

No doubt. I agree with that. However, I wouldn't call it a bad movie because of the changes needed, and for the same reason, I wouldn't call it a great movie. Just seemed like a good movie, nothing really special, nothing really remarkably bad either.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Venoym wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Quote :

No doubt. I agree with that. However, I wouldn't call it a bad movie because of the changes needed, and for the same reason, I wouldn't call it a great movie. Just seemed like a good movie, nothing really special, nothing really remarkably bad either.
Everything about that movie was remarkably bad. Like I said about Operatation Raccoon City, they reeled me in with something that sounded so amazing, then they fucked me. Capcom fucked me and Slant 6 fucked me. I just honestly can't see why people like it so much. The plot was weak, watch it again, the animation was poor, watch it again, the music was horrible, watch it again, all the models had shoulders the length of refridgorators, watch it again. I pretended to like it for a long time, until I watched it a second time. Just to make sure I hated it I watched it again. And again. And the last time I watched it I couldn't even finish it. I wouldn't even call that film a movie. There are no redeeming factors in that film, and why the FUCK would you reintroduce Claire only to brush her under the rug so some blonde chick can hog the limelight? Some really horribly assembled original character from the screenwriter's fanfics that tries to chase Leon like some crack whore. Who the hell is this bitch? I want to see Claire sporting leather and a hot rod red motorcycle, gaddammit!
Back to top Go down
Venoym
Cerberus
Cerberus
Venoym

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Mercy wrote:
Venoym wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Quote :

why the FUCK would you reintroduce Claire only to brush her under the rug so some blonde chick can hog the limelight?

OOoookay. I'll admit that bothered me. A lot.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Venoym wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Venoym wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Quote :

why the FUCK would you reintroduce Claire only to brush her under the rug so some blonde chick can hog the limelight?

I will say that the best sequence in the entire move was when Leon threw a gun to Claire and she totally cleaned the entire floor.
Back to top Go down
Venoym
Cerberus
Cerberus
Venoym

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 5:39 am

Mercy wrote:
Venoym wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Venoym wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Quote :

I will say that the best sequence in the entire move was when Leon threw a gun to Claire and she totally cleaned the entire floor.

I'd have to say that was my favorite too, either that or Leon's parkour scene.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:46 am

Mercy wrote:
Venoym wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Quote :

Everything about that movie was remarkably bad. Like I said about Operatation Raccoon City, they reeled me in with something that sounded so amazing, then they fucked me. Capcom fucked me and Slant 6 fucked me. I just honestly can't see why people like it so much. The plot was weak, watch it again, the animation was poor, watch it again, the music was horrible, watch it again, all the models had shoulders the length of refridgorators, watch it again. I pretended to like it for a long time, until I watched it a second time. Just to make sure I hated it I watched it again. And again. And the last time I watched it I couldn't even finish it. I wouldn't even call that film a movie. There are no redeeming factors in that film, and why the FUCK would you reintroduce Claire only to brush her under the rug so some blonde chick can hog the limelight? Some really horribly assembled original character from the screenwriter's fanfics that tries to chase Leon like some crack whore. Who the hell is this bitch? I want to see Claire sporting leather and a hot rod red motorcycle, gaddammit!

Note to self. - Page 2 Everyone%20calm%20the%20fuck%20down%20meme%20chill%20lemur%20lol%20wtf%204chan
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:50 am

00biohazard wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Venoym wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Quote :

Note to self. - Page 2 Everyone%20calm%20the%20fuck%20down%20meme%20chill%20lemur%20lol%20wtf%204chan

Right? it's almost hard to believe all of this generated from me warning people that it's dangerous to look up RE6 on the internet now because of the game spoilers. lol
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:47 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:

Right? it's almost hard to believe all of this generated from me warning people that it's dangerous to look up RE6 on the internet now because of the game spoilers. lol

Remember now, we're all very opinionated here, well, most of us anyway, and things like this tend to sprout and grow from the view of a person.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 5:02 am

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:

Remember now, we're all very opinionated here, well, most of us anyway, and things like this tend to sprout and grow from the view of a person.

Also there's no real spoilers in anything that Capcom themselves released. Plus it was more of a note to yourself rather than you starting a topic about anything. I'm pretty sure if someone didn't want any spoilers they didn't need a warning to not look up trailers; which don't really have any spoilers to begin with.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:13 am

I think internet is the worst thing that happened to games besides multiplayer gaming ofcourse. When i started playing games, I used internet to jus share my experience and did not find it over-crowded with opinions everywhere besides fans that truly love games. But now i jus find that the popularity has ruined my experience with everyone judging games rather than enjoying them Especially spoilers in the name of ads. I wish capcom have more surprises than already revealed in RE 6.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:05 pm

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
Yeah I know lol I just think it's funny.

Mercy wrote:
Also there's no real spoilers in anything that Capcom themselves released. Plus it was more of a note to yourself rather than you starting a topic about anything. I'm pretty sure if someone didn't want any spoilers they didn't need a warning to not look up trailers; which don't really have any spoilers to begin with.

I wasn't talking about the trailers. Trailers are trailers, almost everyone watches those. I'm talking about like the stolen RE6 copies in Poland.
And now apparently PAULSAMSON downloaded the game off the computer, not that he would spoiler us or anything. But if he downloaded it then I'm sure others have, and with that we have spoilers around the internet.

Edit: DeviantART isn't safe anymore either. I just got spoiled big time. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mister Albert Wesker
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Mister Albert Wesker

Playstation Network the-evilking
Steam : Hoxton47

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:05 am

OK Cool story! Can we now lock this!?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Mister Albert Wesker wrote:

You have been here nowhere near the amount of time needed to ask for a lock. I don't even know you. We don't just lock things around here willy nilly on some stupid whim.
Back to top Go down
Mister Albert Wesker
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Mister Albert Wesker

Playstation Network the-evilking
Steam : Hoxton47

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Mister Albert Wesker wrote:

You have been here nowhere near the amount of time needed to ask for a lock. I don't even know you. We don't just lock things around here willy nilly on some stupid whim.
Ok. Note to self. - Page 2 I__m_sOrry_by_Everlastinglovex3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Note to self.   Note to self. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Note to self.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2