HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)

Go down 
+2
Vandal
Mass Distraction
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) Empty
PostSubject: Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)   Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:14 am

We don't have a Retribution discussion thread? Huh. We do have a lot of trailer threads though.

Well, let's start off with a story featurette/trailer.

Now, who didn't see an exact copy of the opening scene of the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake?

Now seriously, how much more convoluted they can make these movies? There never was any mention on how the zombies suddenly became majini and learned to drive cars. What I would also like to know is how there still is any kind of human population? Last I checked the whole Earth had become a desert in Extinction and even in Afterlife everything still seemed to be overrun by zombies. On a further note, why bring in any weird memory alteration and previously dead characters when the movies already don't make any sense whatsoever. Ever since Paul returned as a Director the movies lost the last bit of coherence they had. Honestly, if anyone there is a big fan of the movies please do explain these things to me because I really would like to know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)   Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:50 am

The movies just suck, they downright suck ass. And this thread really expounds on that.

Oh and Wesker for President? Really? What the fuck. Didn't he die like four times by bombs and shots to the face and plane crashes?
Back to top Go down
mass distration
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
mass distration

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)   Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 4:04 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
We don't have a Retribution discussion thread? Huh. We do have a lot of trailer threads though.

Well, let's start off with a story feature

Now, who didn't see an exact copy of the opening scene of the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake?

Now seriously, how much more convoluted they can make these movies? There never was any mention on how the zombies suddenly became majini and learned to drive cars. What I would also like to know is how there still is any kind of human population? Last I checked the whole Earth had become a desert in Extinction and even in Afterlife everything still seemed to be overrun by zombies. On a further note, why bring in any weird memory alteration and previously dead characters when the movies already don't make any sense whatsoever. Ever since Paul returned as a Director the movies lost the last bit of coherence they had. Honestly, if anyone there is a big fan of the movies please do explain these things to me because I really would like to know.

As to the world becoming a desert in the third movie, that's from Alice's own point of view. As for the Majinis, look towards the fifth Resident Evil video game where they drive motorcycles as they shoot at you. You just learned something or two. Have a nice day!
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)   Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 4:07 am

DAMN IT, VANDAL, BAN MASS DISTRATION! HE BE TROLLIN!

EDIT: Thank you, good sir.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)   Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 11:02 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
What I would also like to know is how there still is any kind of human population? Last I checked the whole Earth had become a desert in Extinction and even in Afterlife everything still seemed to be overrun by zombies.
When it comes to zombie fiction, First World militaries (US, UK, etc.) tend to have their capabilities severely downplayed. TV Tropes calls it Militaries are Useless. Besides, Extinction took place in a relatively small area which doesn't necessarily represent the entire country. For all we know, the US government could have been functioning normally in some secure underground facility (e.g., Cheyenne Mountain, the COG bunker under Denver International, etc.) somewhere.

Vandal wrote:
Oh and Wesker for President? Really? What the fuck. Didn't he die like four times by bombs and shots to the face and plane crashes?
Being in the White House doesn't necessarily make him president, he's just taken command of the human defenses there through some course of events that we aren't shown and the White House could be one of possibly who knows how many different defensive outposts.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)   Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 11:24 am

True, but it still doesn't explain how he survived the face shots and explosions.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)   Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 11:25 am

Vandal wrote:
True, but it still doesn't explain how he survived the face shots and explosions.
Or how he suddenly became a good guy. Or pretty much any of the gaping plot holes the movies have.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)   Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Vandal wrote:
This is Wesker we're talking about.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Or how he suddenly became a good guy.
Rather, I think why he became a good guy is the relevant question instead of how. From a story-telling purpose, making Wesker a good guy all of a sudden is the unexpected twist to suck the viewer into the next movie for the explanation.

Now whether it's a good explanation or not is another matter completely that I won't go into.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)   Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 11:38 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Granted, he had a mansion crush him and he could catch an RPG and have it blow up in his face in RE5, we saw the inside of his skull right before Chris and Claire opened fire again. That's pretty much like jumping up and down on his body to ensure he's dead.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)   Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:46 am

Vandal wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Granted, he had a mansion crush him and he could catch an RPG and have it blow up in his face in RE5, we saw the inside of his skull right before Chris and Claire opened fire again. That's pretty much like jumping up and down on his body to ensure he's dead.

If when you mention a mansion crushing Wesker, are you referring to the Spencer Estate in Raccoon City in RE1? If so, just be aware that Wesker escaped and quickly ran from the scene into the forest prior to explosion, as shown in Wesker's Rebirth Scenario Part 2 in UC. You're just in time for the fireworks show. Boomm!!!!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)   Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Right, I forgot that crummy level in Umbrella Chronicles. He was still impaled in the chest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)   Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette) Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Retribution (with a video featurette)
Page 1 of 1