HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion

Go down 
+51
residentleet
VitalSigns
Mullet_Wesker
PAULSAMSON
Jamesy
VoyageTreader08
ToCool74
Revenant662
Ssplain
DivideByZero
DampRevil
weskydude
EQOAnostalgia
Pau Diaz
Shrike
halestride
Sundown31
02viperacr
Valentine Fan
gowett
AWDCP
The mastAH!
Sakura the zombie slayer
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
Minizue
GTMippey
RaviorStygian
MSR
Industrial Ridden
PWNERX
gucci13
Progenitor
will1234562
Spike991
Melissa_89
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Teh Black Cat
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfielmusculo
kevdliu
00biohazard
RebelliousQueen
chocotricks
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Venoym
White Rock
Mass Distraction
Methsia
Vandal
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:42 pm

If they do plan on making RE7 survival horror again, they better not bring back tank controls and static cameras. Which reminds me...
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Nobudy wrote:
If they do plan on making RE7 survival horror again, they better not bring back tank controls and static cameras. Which reminds me...

How about Third Person Tank Controls? But with less RE5/6...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:08 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

How about Third Person Tank Controls? But with less RE5/6...
They should keep the moving and aiming, but sliding and cover probably won't be needed.
Back to top Go down
Sundown31
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Sundown31

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:20 pm

You know what's sad?

I bet Capcom is trying their hardest to contrive another believable plot.
And that's the problem. These scenarios set in Africa, etc. are unnecessary.
At this point in time, it's this simple, no explanations needed:
"Resident Evil 7, the T-virus leaks into [Town Name], and Joe Schmoe must survive."
BOOM A Resident Evil we all want, cut and tried, black and white; no BS.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Sundown31 wrote:
You know what's sad?

I bet Capcom is trying their hardest to contrive another believable plot.
And that's the problem. These scenarios in Africa, etc. are unnecessary.
At this point in time, it's this simple, no explanations needed:
"Resident Evil 7, the T-virus leaks into [Town Name], and Joe Schmoe must survive." Boom a Resident Evil we all want, cut and tried, black and white; no BS.
Maybe not the T-Virus since it's pretty much obsolete considering what happened in Degen.
Back to top Go down
Sundown31
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Sundown31

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Well, that's coming from someone who gave up at Resident Evil 4.
No idea who the hell or where the hell anything or anyone is anymore.
Whatever virus, to be honest. Just zombies and survival. Lots of it.
They technically cannot fail if they follow that very basic formula.
And of course, fluid controls, atmosphere, believable characters, and isolation.
Something like Dark Souls, maybe. Closest I've played to classic RE in a while.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:26 pm

Sundown31 wrote:
Well, that's coming from someone who gave up at Resident Evil 4.
No idea who the hell or where the hell anything or anyone is anymore.
Whatever virus, to be honest. Just zombies and survival. Lots of it.
They technically cannot fail if they follow that very basic formula.
And of course, fluid controls, atmosphere, believable characters, and isolation.
Something like Dark Souls, maybe. Closest I've played to classic RE in a while.
Controls, atmosphere, and characters won't be a problem. If you want isolation, you're out of luck. The characters stress the importance of sticking together (especially Chris and Leon) because sticking together increases your chance of survival. Even Revelations didn't have true isolation.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
I've lost faith in Capcom and Resident Evil, so it would take something incredibly impressive to draw me back in. But I really don't think Capcom is capable of it anymore now that they're intent on making RE a game that "appeals to everyone".
Well they decided that doesn't work and they want to focus on the hard core fanbase. Thought I still think their knowledge on survival horror being grasped onto very loosely. They promise to deliver something they can't possibly hope to figure out. He's like the President.
Here's hoping we're both wrong.
I'd drink to that.

Nobudy wrote:
I couldn't stand the particular parts in RE6 when you were on a time limit and just to fuck with you they would change the camera angles on you without warning. That's like your childhood friend changing the rules of a board game you made up because he needs the upper hand again.
Back to top Go down
Sundown31
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Sundown31

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Not necessarily. Resident Evil 1-3 was isolated.
We also have no idea what 7 will be about.
I'm hoping it's a complete reboot, yet that's unlikely.
New Capcom won't take the risk of creating something themselves.
They'll stick with what Mikami created until the series crashes and burns.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:50 pm

Sundown31 wrote:
Not necessarily. Resident Evil 1-3 was isolated.
We also have no idea what 7 will be about.
I'm hoping it's a complete reboot, yet that's unlikely.
New Capcom won't take the risk of creating something themselves.
They'll stick with what Mikami created until the series crashes and burns.
True they were isolated, but that was because they voluntarily split up. With all the Crazy stuff Leon, Chris, and Jill go through, it makes sense for them to never split up voluntarily. Even Billy opted to not split up unless they had no choice yet no one seemed to complain about 0 having co-op (long before 5 came out). Either that or I just never found a review consisting of said complaint.

@Vandal. I agree. I ended up dying in the prelude on my first time because of that. With time however, you'll flow through those parts with ease.
Back to top Go down
Sundown31
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Sundown31

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:53 pm

I see what you're saying.
Here's to hoping they involuntarily get split up.
I really miss walking around Raccoon City with zero help (minus running into people occasionally.)
That was the best part of classic Resident Evil games for me. For the most part, you're alone.
Back to top Go down
halestride
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 am

Back to top Go down
http://gamergeneration.forumotion.com/
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:25 am

You know what Resident Evil 7 needs? A vision. This is something Shingi Mikami had. People worked for his vision because they shared his vision with him. They need to understand that this is going to go into the hands of gamers everywhere. The creators of these games are gamers. So if they have a clear concise vision, then I will consider Resident Evil 7. Until then, I let it be known: I call bullshit on Capcom's statement saying Resident Evil 7 will be true survival horror.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:34 am

If they make it along the lines of Revelations that would at least be a step to the right direction if they want to reach back to the core fans.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 1:02 pm

Honestly I thought Resident Evil Revelations had an identity crisis.

Horror horror! Wait, what if horror scares people? Okay, lets dial it back to some nice friendly action. Then you can inch some horror back into it. Wait.. horror scares people?

I want a game to be so horrifying that I dred to keep moving forward, not fall asleep because it gets monotonous. Which nearly happened when playing Dead Space 1.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:14 pm

In the words of my mother: "Why would you play a horror game if it scares you?"

I find this comment hilarious and only used it in a joking manner, in case the fact is missed.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:30 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

I find this comment hilarious and only used it in a joking manner, in case the fact is missed.
If you like being scared, you'll play a survival horror. Or if you like the genre but aren't easily scared.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:37 pm

I said this before, and I'll say it again: I think we all like to feel vulnerable, and when you're not an armed to the teeth super soldier that regenerates their health by using their very minds, then yeah, it's a nice change of pace when you're playing a survival horror.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:36 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

If you like being scared, you'll play a survival horror. Or if you like the genre but aren't easily scared.
Who are you explaining this to? My mother?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Who are you explaining this to? My mother?
Why? She not here? Damn it!
Back to top Go down
halestride
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:50 pm

What Re7 needs is to end the series before they take it to far and drown it out, Yes they should make it like the classics but have it be the last one and move on.
Back to top Go down
Sundown31
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Sundown31

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Could not agree more with Vandal.
Being vulnerable, dis-empowered, disarmed, etc. is survival horror.
And I also call bullshit on Capcom. They said this last time.
Also, they don't have to necessarily end the series, Switch. A reboot could work.
The name "Resident Evil" is a household name in the gaming world. There is so much potential.
That's what pisses me off. They keep goofing.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:34 pm

SWITCHMYND wrote:
What Re7 needs is to end the series before they take it to far and drown it out.
Don't you mean, they should take their heads out of their own asses? Because they seemed to be pretty proud that they "invented" a new genre of gaming for Resident Evil 6. Dramatic Horror? You really thought that would catch on, Capcom? They're like a rap artist who sings about how great they are.

Sundown31 wrote:
Could not agree more with Vandal.
Being vulnerable, dis-empowered, disarmed, etc. is survival horror.
And I also call bullshit on Capcom. They said this last time.
Also, they don't have to necessarily end the series, Switch. A reboot could work.
The name "Resident Evil" is a household name in the gaming world. There is so much potential.
That's what pisses me off. They keep goofing.
Of course, one of the most well known horror franchises with a multi-media form of art that barely represents what it stood for when it was first conceived has problems getting things right when the main visionary of the franchise went off to do his own thing. To be honest, some of us on the forums know how to make a better Resident Evil than Resident Evil can. It seems no one there has the direction they need to go in. They just listen to what everyone else says and does it.
Back to top Go down
halestride
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:46 pm

No i dont mean that or i would of said it! There talking about making the game how they used to make the older games real horror and im saying ok do that but end it at 7!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:11 am

SWITCHMYND wrote:
No i dont mean that or i would of said it!
You're not going to make me spell everything out for you, will you?
SWITCHMYND wrote:
There They're talking about making the game how they used to make the older games real horror
Thanks for that, I really didn't know what I was thinking when I posted that same exact statement two pages ago.
SWITCHMYND wrote:
and im saying ok do that but end it at 7!
Okay, I guess you really are going to make me spell this out for you.
My comment is explaining that Resident Evil 6 is already too far in and drowned out. So far in that there really is not much they can do to reel me back into the series and immerse me in the experience anymore. Capcom promised that each of Resident Evil 6's campaigns will each have horror elements involved in them. Either they were lying, or they don't know what horror means. In Leon's campaign they said classic horror, but if their idea of horror is Count Chocula and Boo Berry then job well done. In Chris' campaign they said it would be like Alien where your team gets picked off one by one, but it doesn't really help since they're all faceless, nameless, nobodies with the everyone sharing the personality of a wet carrot. In Jake's campaign they explained horror with themselves, comparing his campaign with Resident Evil 3, except that this campaign is crap and represents horror as much as your 80's cover band represents ACDC. Resident Evil is already done with in my book, if they want to keep beating a dead horse they can try, but you can't feed it salt licks and expect it to drink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion
Page 12 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next