Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE 4 Weapons Advice?

Go down 
+5
Ghost Leader
Methsia
chrisredfield84
Vandal
Prince of Judah
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

Steam : BigYehudah

RE 4 Weapons Advice? Empty
PostSubject: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:18 am

Hey I am playing RE 4 right now and I just pwnt all of the guys when you first meet the salesman. I think missed my chance to get the special pistol since I didn't get enough blue medallions. I can't find a way to go back. I am playing on normal difficulty. As of yet. I've had no shortage of ammo. I am afraid however that I will at some point. Does melee do damage? Anywho, to the point. What weapons should I focus on upgrading? Can I get that special pistol soon anyway? I know there are multiple pistols, which one should I use? Is there any general advice that can make me better in combat?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:12 am

Well honestly you should learn to kill ganado with only one bullet. You shoot them in the face, kick them, then knife them until they're dead. You will run out of ammo and when you do you'll be in a real crunch when some parts of the game is really ammo based combat, like when you have to protect Ashley while she turns some cranks, or when you're surrounded by ganado in a log cabin. I honestly wouldn't upgrade anything at this point, just save your money until you can get either the Red9 or you reach the castle. This does mean you'll have to go through some hell, but the pay off will be worth it and make the rest of the game smoother in sailing.

You can purchase the special gun at one point for 20,000, but I just shoot the medalions and sell the gun back for 10,000 because it's not that powerful, it eats up your rounds, and the only pay off is that it punches through 2 enemies at once, or 5 if you fully upgrade it. You're fairly early into the game, so you'll have time to shoot the rest of the medalions. You can look up YouTube links of where their locations are or just spend some money for the treasure map (village).

And yes, by God almighty yes, Melee is your best ammo saver, it deals more damage than your knife, and it stuns the enemy long enough for you to knife them to death, unless there's a crowd of them.

Remember, one misfire can really affect you.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:45 am

I don't think RE 4 is scarce in providing ammo. It depends on how effectively you manage your weapons and strategize your combat with necessary weapons. Like don't use shot gun ammo on simple ganados that hardly put up a fight than jus attack you at close range. Suggestion would be fight them at medium range and fend them off from reaching you. A hand gun would be effective. You will find tons of hand gun ammo in this game. Don't sell them or drop them thinking they are unnecessary. Make good use of the hand gun at medium range combat. B;ack tail is the best handgun in the game. Upgrade them to max and do not sell it for any other hand guns.A TMP is also a worthy weapon at medium range for simple ganados. Also TMP is great on enemies that move a lot like dogs. Leon equips them at waist level which is easy to aim at enemies that are short(dogs).

The dilemma of whether to buy a weapon or upgrade an existing weapon haunted me. But RE 4 gave me so much treasures that i both upgraded my weapons and bought new weapons. I would suggest to upgrade existing weapons one of a kind , then when fully upgraded - sell them - buy a new weapon of same kind.Like shotgun-power up to maximum-sell-buy pump action shot gun. The fire power of new weapons will always be greater than upgraded weapons when the merchant makes it available to buy.You will also save some money as merchant will buy it at a higher price and sell the new weapon at a lower price.Also , I would suggest not to buy pump action shot gun. It acts same way as shot gun. However striker is much better in aiming and in firepower.

Mine thrower - The most important weapon that will save ammo for the rest of weapons. Use them effectively. At some missions, Enemies will jus be open and have no idea of your existence. Use mine thrower to take them out. Don't forget to upgrade them and also equip them with scope.They are useful on garradors as well. Ring the bell and wait for the garrador to take the bait. Use mine thrower . followed by hand gun attack.

You can always upgrade size of your inventory as soon as it is available. It will help you carry a lot of items.

Do not waste grenades unless situation demands. Use shot gun in such situations. Save grenades for the final combat with saddler. Ooops...that was a spoiler.

I tried to beat RE 5 the same way. I lost so much ammo even for hand guns. It was all about melees. They could well renamed it as Resident evil street fighter edition.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am

I just use shotguns on dogs. I only pull one shot on them.. down boy... good boy.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:30 pm

I played against sadler many years ago and remember it being brutally difficult. I just met saddler where he stopped strangling me.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Actually Saddler is disappointingly easy for me for some reason. U3 is tougher and scarier for me.

Though I'll tell you what, Saddler is freaking invincible in Separate Ways.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:01 pm

I assume to get into the church I have to do something with the graves?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Uhm no actually, though you can get a fancy green cat's eye with the grave markers.

You have to pursue downward to the right past these rafters.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:12 pm

I actually found out how to get that after that little mission in Separate Ways.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Oh yeah, when it's required to do that puzzle.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:06 am

Should I sell the Cat's Green Eye or keep it?
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:27 am

you should sell it, it counts a treasure- to sell? I think... I don't know, I don't play that much RE4. Though I should be finishing it on Normal Razz
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:51 am

Well if you get the beerstein, you can attach it to that along with a yellow and red cats eye and get even more money. Alone you only get like 3000, with the beerstein you get 10,000, then 15,000, then I believe 20,000.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Mercy wrote:
You will run out of ammo and when you do you'll be in a real crunch when some parts of the game is really ammo based combat
RE 4 Weapons Advice? Yuri-laughing-GIF

"Run out of ammo", that's hilarious. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:31 pm

This is his first run through, plus he said that there wasn't enough ammo in Resident Evil 5 on easy.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:22 pm

I am in the house with Luis getting my ass kicked.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:15 am

Prince of Judah wrote:
Shotgun and precise handgun aiming.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:37 am

Prince of Judah wrote:

First of all, Push the cupboards near windows in a direction that will block the windows and buy you some time. Use this time to collect the items in the room both on the ground floor and top floor. I suppose you will find some herbs, shot gun ammo and a couple of grenades. Then head to ground floor as ganados start to break in.Also luis will toss ammo while you are fighting be sure to collect them. While fighting on ground floor kill the ganados before they enter or as they try to enter. It can be quite tough as you will have to fight two or three windows at the same time. Tip would be as soon as you kill a ganado, turn quickly and check other windows and shoot at windows which have more ganados breakin in. You can also use the stairs to your advantage as the path above stairs is narrow and will give you enough time to aim at their heads with handgun or TMP. After a while, Luis sera will head upstairs with you. This is a tough bit where ganados will enter both on top floor(through windows) and stairs. Trick is to throw the ladders at the windows that will buy you some time to fight ganados coming from other windows and stairs. I would suggest to try and throw all the ladders instead of waiting for other windows to let the ganados in. I think luis will help you in this mission with above tips. If you are finding it hard upstairs, use grenade or incendinary grenade that you found at the location. After the mission ends, Be sure to collect TMP ammo outside the cabin. Hope i helped.
Back to top Go down
AgentZero
Zombie
Zombie
AgentZero

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:51 am

Well if your this far, purchase the red9, if you have a rifle sell it. You wont be needing any rifles until chapter 3. Keep upgrading the shotgun and red 9, when you get to the castle, buy a semi-auto rifle, sell your red9 and buy a black tail. keep these weapons, until... its either late chapter 4 or early chapter five I cant remember, but when you get a chance sell your shotgun and grab a striker. keep these weapons for the rest of the game.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:09 am

I generally any new weapon that is an upgraded version of what I may already have and sell the one I did have. By then I've upgraded it a bit and can get double back for it and by that point I can purchase whatever I want and then just continue to upgrade it til the end of the game. I actually prefer the Blackhawk over the Punisher but I do stick with the Punisher for a good while after I get it.

The cabin can be easy if you block off all of the windows and shoot the Ganado as soon as you see them poke their heads in once they've busted through your barriers. I usually use that time to pick up what is around and about so nothing is left behind and I'm not stuck scrambling for it later on when I need it. Once you go upstairs start knocking down ladders, you'll have enough to worry about with Ganados trapsing up the stairs after you. You're shotgun and TMP can be very useful here especially when the Las Plagas bursts from their heads. I strongly advise using your shotgun when this happens because chances are you'll be surrounded and will end up getting sliced and beaten along with who knows what else if you just use your handgun. The shotgun can take out not only the Las Plagas but blast the group back and away from you at the same time, two birds with one stone. But if you can hold the ganado back effectively you shouldn't really need your shotgun. But this is just me and how I got through my first play through. I tend to experiment a lot...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:59 pm

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
I actually prefer the Blackhawk
You mean Blacktail, right? Because as far as I know, Blackhawk is a helicopter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Parabellum09
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Parabellum09

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:10 pm

One of my favourite segments of RE4, shotgun and TMP are a huge bonus for this section but if you can make pop shots at heads a run in for roundhouse kicks, they deal fair damage but have excellent knockback range giving you some breathing room.

A healthy supply of flame grenades sees of Las Plagas heads fairly well. Luis is a decent destraction and will hand over handgun ammo if your low. But I like to conserve ammo and keep on kicking them down and tossing nades into the pile.

Note the more you die the less and less time you'll have to hold off the Ganado as the game employs a fluctuating difficulty. I know that's not exactly fantastic advice but don't despair and think your stuck, the game will cut you some slack. Smile
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 pm

well i've done better but no banana. knocking down those ladders helps but not when they still end up getting up there in so great numbers that i can't even get to them to knock down. It seems I should upgrade loading times.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Grenades are your friends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE 4 Weapons Advice?   RE 4 Weapons Advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

RE 4 Weapons Advice?
Page 1 of 1