HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

How disturbed was Nicholai?

Go down 
+17
PWNERX
r-zone
Kino_00
RaviorStygian
Ghost Leader
SWITCHMYND
White Rock
Mcghie
BlaineMasters
00biohazard
leonskennedy232
RebelliousQueen
DivideByZero
Mass Distraction
Vandal
Outbreakgirl
Valentine Fan
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:51 pm

He probably won't return, but I want him to. It's unclear about his fate, because a report in the English version of Survivor indicated he lived, but that wasn't in the Japan release. Still...I always believed he got away and Barry saved Jill and Carlos.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:38 am

White Rock wrote:
He probably won't return, but I want him to. It's unclear about his fate, because a report in the English version of Survivor indicated he lived, but that wasn't in the Japan release. Still...I always believed he got away and Barry saved Jill and Carlos.
The ending where he got away and Barry saved everyone else is the actual, canon ending. That piece of information is from the Archives.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Quote :
The ending where he got away and Barry saved everyone else is the actual, canon ending. That piece of information is from the Archives.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I always preferred the ending where Nicolai dies and Jill and Carlos escape themselves. I did think it was strange Barry just turning up at random and saving them.

I thought that since Jill and Carlos endured so much together I thought it was nicer and more fitting that only them two would escape together.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:32 pm

r-zone wrote:

I know I'm probably in the minority but I always preferred the ending where Nicolai dies and Jill and Carlos escape themselves. I did think it was strange Barry just turning up at random and saving them.

I thought that since Jill and Carlos endured so much together I thought it was nicer and more fitting that only them two would escape together.

I see what you mean, although Barry showing up was a nice twist.
I think he came to Jill's rescue through guilt of his previous actions back in Spencer's mansion.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:01 am

Here's the ending to RE3, straight from Archives:

Then she heard Carlos calling her. He said that after requesting aid on the radio, someone who said he had been searching for Jill agreed to come to their rescue. Before she could grasp the new, happy situation, another helicopter appeared overhead and began it's descent toward her. She boarded it with Carlos, and the helicopter rushed outside the city limits. When she thanked the man in the pilot seat, a familiar bearded face turned toward her. At just that moment, a large shock hit the helicopter, and the city below them disappeared with a flash and a blast.

You can either have Nicholai get killed off by Nemesis(non-canon), or have him take the chopper, at which point one of two things can happen; he will either escape in the chopper, succesfully surving the Raccoon City Incident, which is probably the most canon ending of all, or you can apparently shoot him down in the chopper. I only tried that once, and got mowed down by Mr. Ginovaef. And I hadn't saved. I won't be trying that again soon.

I would totally enjoy Nicholai showing up again post RE3. There's plenty of room for another villian. Even if just for a single game.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 2:28 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
I only tried that once, and got mowed down by Mr. Ginovaef. And I hadn't saved. I won't be trying that again soon.
I'm guessing you didn't get the M202 FLASH from the weapons room? If you did, he'd have gone down in one shot. It also takes only about five rounds from the 629C to down him, IIRC.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:15 am

Despite what people think, Nicholai lives. He always lives. And he hates you. And you. And you too. He hates everything!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:32 am

r-zone wrote:
I did think it was strange Barry just turning up at random and saving them.
It's actually not as random as you'd think. You can unlock this epilogue in the game:
How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 Resident_Evil_3_Epilogue_3_Barry_Burton
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 2:52 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Despite what people think, Nicholai lives.
Not when I'm playing. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
r-zone wrote:
I did think it was strange Barry just turning up at random and saving them.
It's actually not as random as you'd think. You can unlock this epilogue in the game:
How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 Resident_Evil_3_Epilogue_3_Barry_Burton

Ah, yes !
I forgot about this picture in the Epilogue.
If I remember about it I could have backed up my previous statement a little more.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
I only tried that once, and got mowed down by Mr. Ginovaef. And I hadn't saved. I won't be trying that again soon.
I'm guessing you didn't get the M202 FLASH from the weapons room? If you did, he'd have gone down in one shot. It also takes only about five rounds from the 629C to down him, IIRC.

I have before, but I always forget how to do it. I know it's below that room with the steam puzzle.

Otherwise Nicholai can escape, I don't care.

I always have over 100 grenades rounds for my grenade launcher by the end of RE3 anyway, sorry Nemesis 3rd form. And that's playing on Hard mode.

There are only two spots in RE3 that I almost always have to save at, right before the fight on the tram car thing, where you encounter the Grave Digger right before, and before the 2nd Nemesis fight at the Clock Tower. Nemesis is a cheap B-hole who likes to pick you up by the throat, throw you down, and then repeat the process before you can get up. If you don't have enough medical items, you are screwed.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Nemesis is a cheap B-hole who likes to pick you up by the throat, throw you down, and then repeat the process before you can get up. If you don't have enough medical items, you are screwed.
Tell me about it. The first time playing through the game I had to go back to an older save just to stock up on herbs and sprays. Thankfully I had multiple saves so I didn't have to go all the way back. It doesn't help that you are limping because of the poison status.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:06 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Tell me about it. The first time playing through the game I had to go back to an older save just to stock up on herbs and sprays. Thankfully I had multiple saves so I didn't have to go all the way back. It doesn't help that you are limping because of the poison status.
Bitch, please. I died twice during the final battle with Nemesis in one day, without a memory card to fall back on.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:56 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Bitch, please. I died twice during the final battle with Nemesis in one day, without a memory card to fall back on.
OH SHIT!!!
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:10 am

Well, I hope Nicholai is brought back.
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Yup, like most others here I'm a bit bemused by Nicholai being all rapey in the novelization. I always had the impression he was cold, calculating, ruthless - but always in control of his actions. Was he a morally bankrupt asshole? Sure. But out of all the RE villains, he's always struck me as the one most likely to just do the job and get on with his mission, and not be side-tracked by personal vendettas.

Which is why I feel it's a shame he didn't make a return. If built up properly he could have been a truly great antagonist. But this is Capcom we're talking about, so of course it didn't happen Neutral
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:17 am

NICHOLAI HATES YOU. HE HATES EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:22 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Seriously. How many of his teams did he get killed during those few nights in Raccoon? Three? All of them pretty much just for kicks.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:27 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Seriously. How many of his teams did he get killed during those few nights in Raccoon? Three? All of them pretty much just for kicks.
He wasn't UBCS, so he didn't share any camaraderie that they might or might not have shared.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:35 pm

True. He was still a dick, though.
Back to top Go down
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Although I liked Nicolai and found him to be a decent and slightly interesting villain, I can't help but also think of him to be an expendable character with limited potential which was fully used in RE 3. I can't really see him in a story beyond RE 3. I liked him as the peripheral villain in RE 3 ( Nemesis being the main villain ) who explained Umbrella's role and their behaviour regarding the outbreak, and he provided a little bit of extra suspense to a supposedly rather bland story in RE 3. But other than that I personally can't see him as a major villain in the next progression of the Resident Evil story. In my opinion he only really belongs in the RE 3 story. I know the makers decided that Nicolai's official fate was escaping Raccoon City but personally but I'm perfectly happy for him to die in 3 whether it's by Nemesis or Jill blowing him up ( nice considering he could have escaped unhurt had it not been for his rapacious nature).

Now having said all that, I'm not strictly opposed to him coming back and maybe the makers could do a brilliant story with him. But like I say, I'm personally happy for him to remain dead and gone.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
True. He was still a dick, though.

He was even more of a dick drafting his team into the combat zone as mere test subjects.
He was only collecting the data for himself and Umbrella and didn't really care for his team.
Ever thing he done made him a major ass, but somehow I can't stop liking his character.
I think it was due to his cold blooded persona that made me enjoy him as a character.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 4:47 am

r-zone wrote:
I can't really see him in a story beyond RE 3.
Do you mean beyond the 1998 timeline or just RE3? Because he already had two stories that had nothing to do with RE3, though they all took place in Raccoon during its downfall.
Back to top Go down
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Quote :
Do you mean beyond the 1998 timeline or just RE3? Because he already had two stories that had nothing to do with RE3, though they all took place in Raccoon during its downfall.

Yeah sorry I should have been more clear. I meant beyond the 1998 timeline. I know he had a cameo in Resident Evil Outbreak but I think that was during his time in Raccoon City before it's destruction so it doesn't really count.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 pm

r-zone wrote:
I know he had a cameo in Resident Evil Outbreak but I think that was during his time in Raccoon City before it's destruction so it doesn't really count.
Was Raccoon City still standing?

Then yes, it was obviously prior to its destruction. Common sense, my friend! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How disturbed was Nicholai?   How disturbed was Nicholai? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How disturbed was Nicholai?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next