HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?

Go down 
+28
The mastAH!
AWDCP
gowett
spawn
Outbreakgirl
Voltius
Godzilla90s
RaviorStygian
Spike991
McShowtime
White Rock
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfield84
Vandal
will1234562
Monster Mash
Nobudy
Sargent D
VoyageTreader08
SWITCHMYND
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
ThomVD
DXP
Valentine Fan
RebelliousQueen
REWorld
ChrisSherry
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which one?
Original
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap74%Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 74% [ 25 ]
Newer
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 34

AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:53 am

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
I see how yours is a combination of both but if you HAD to pick one, I think you'd pick old generation because without that the interest wouldn't have been there for you to go out and buy RE:4.
I'd be unable to choose if I had to choose just one.

If it wasn't for the older games I would've never had the interest to buy RE4. If it wasn't for RE4, my fandom would propably never have been rekindled and I'd be playing something completely different now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:59 am

Maybe you should just skip this poll Very Happy

I've just bought RE4 & RECVX for PS3 now, my PS3 is running out of space!

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:01 am

I never said I wanted to partake the poll, I just threw the question out there.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:18 am

ThomVD wrote:

CV is old RE too since it's basically the old RE formula.

Yep, RECV it's belong to the old ones.

Valentine Fan wrote:
Wouldn't Survivor count as a classic since it was released on the PS1?

Yes, also this. It's definitely belong to the classics.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:34 am

Alrighty, since everyone is dishing out stories, guess I'll share mine.

I had always been into gaming since I was 5, so of the course of my early life (5-13) I kept hearing the name Resident Evil. At the time, I had no general interest in horror or being scared (I really only watched Batman Razz). When I entered middle school, I got a PS2 for Christmas, and that's when it really took off. I have fond memories of playing GTA 3 on that thing for hours on end.

Alright, fast forward to last summer. I'm in a local Goodwill store looking for anything interesting, and I see some PS1 games on the shelf for a $1.50 a piece. I look through them, seeing Crash, Turok, and Resident Evil: Director's Cut. Now, my friends were constantly telling me that I needed to get into zombie games. Something about the zombie on the cover of DC attracted me. I swiped the game up, checked to see what kinda shape it was in, paid for it, and took it home.

I played as Chris for about 5 minutes before I got frustrated and turned the game off. I didn't think or look at the game for quite some time.

Alright, fast forward again just a little bit. It's Winter and my mom heads down to help my Aunt since she just had surgery. I'm stuck up here in the house bored, and having nothing to do after school for an entire week. I start looking through my games for something, anything to keep my occupied. I had recently gotten into the Tomb Raider games, but I didn't feel like playing one at that time. So I'm looking, and looking, and looking. And then, my eyes fell upon RE:DC.

I decided to give it another go. This time however, I picked Jill, just to switch things up. I watched the opening cutscene, played through the first few minutes......and my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe I hadn't gotten into this game before. I played it the entire week, and then the week after that, and the week after that. Needless to say, I went out and tried to get the rest of the games, picking up 0 and REmake at the local Gamestop. I kept getting more, and then I stumbled upon this site, and here I am.

Interesting fact: When my mother was down helping my aunt, she found a silver Gamecube for 10 bucks at a store, no less than a week after I had bought 0 & REmake. At the time i was playing them through my Wii, but she texted me about the Gamecube, and I asked her to get it for me. At this point, this was no going back. Razz
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:43 am

I pick both old and new.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:46 am

halestride wrote:
I pick both old and new.
Now, see, you can't have as good a story as me. If you do, please share.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:50 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
halestride wrote:
I pick both old and new.

Shit sorry I must of read sometihing else the first resident evil game I played was re 5

Last edited by halestride on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:02 am

halestride wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
halestride wrote:
I pick both old and new.

What do you mean share I like both old a new old because it's original the first and new because of controls and graphics which the story is still the same.

Reread the first post. You misunderstood the thread.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:23 am

Fixed my other post I must have read somthing else or just was thinking about somthing dif my bad.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:54 am

halestride wrote:
Fixed my other post I must have read somthing else or just was thinking about somthing dif my bad.

No worries. Happens to me all the time lol
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:14 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:
halestride wrote:

No worries. Happens to me all the time lol

Lol thanks Smile and I never new about resident evil until I met my dad and he had his store then resident evil 5 came out an di played it and loved it then I got addicted.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:56 pm

halestride wrote:

Lol thanks Smile and I never new about resident evil until I met my dad and he had his store then resident evil 5 came out an di played it and loved it then I got addicted.

Which RE games have you played anyway?
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:43 pm

For me, Resident Evil 4 was the game that started it all...I had just graduated from High School too. And for all of you saying it's not scary, it was for me. I actually spent the next two nights scared out of my mind after I started playing the game. It was not only my first RE game, but my first real M game, first real third person shooter and my first survival horror game. Before I played RE 4, horror movies always scared the crap out of me but for some strange reason, I felt like the game was calling my name...I went to gamestop and bought the original gamecube game...and let me tell you what...that game actually caused me to start sweating...I was that seriously freaked out. And now here I am. I know most RE fans stick their nose up at the newer games, but for me I have many fond memories of 4...after beating it I conquered my fear of horror movies and games alike, now I actually like them and aren't afraid of them anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm

I personally like both but the originals are my overall favorites.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:33 pm

My very first RE game was 4 since I got into RE pretty late (Fall 2009). However, I dug deeper into the series and found RE2 and then eventually 3 to REmake to CVX, and then to 5. I prefer both types since I like 'em equally. However, it sometimes shifts depending on what kind I want to play.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:26 pm

Valentine Fan wrote:
halestride wrote:

I have played re 5, re 4, re outbreak, re operation raccoon city, and zero and the re game for ds i think it was deadly silence but sense I per order re 6 anthology I get one thro six so I can almost play them all. And the reason why I haven't played the main ones is because either I didn't have the system or they game.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:38 pm

halestride wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
halestride wrote:

I have played re 5, re 4, re outbreak, re operation raccoon city, and zero and the re game for ds i think it was deadly silence but sense I per order re 6 anthology I get one thro six so I can almost play them all. And the reason why I haven't played the main ones is because either I didn't have the system or they game.
That's cool, I wasn't judging you or anything, I was just wondering. And there are two for the DS I believe, Deadly Silence and Revelations
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:51 pm

Since my whole history of playing RE would become an essay just read this(Be warned it is a lot):

Oh hell I could write a whole research paper on my history with Resident Evil Laughing

To try and abridge it as much as I can 8 years old was when I first encountered Resident Evil and obviously the first thing that stuck into my mind was Barry's exclamation of "What is this?" And then obviously Wesker's reply of "Wow...What a mansion." But the main thing that first caught my eye was the fmv sequence at the beginning up until that point every game I played was a sprite based game on the mega drive or it was CGI FMV'S but seeing real live actors playing characters took my breath away and from then on I thought all fmvs in game would be like that (Was disappointed when I realized only the beginning and endings were the live action fmvs)

The first thing that hit me was the zombie snacking on Kenneth, the way it was just chewing on his face, we heard something snap or bleed out and then it turned its attention to us (Whether the development team wanted to break the 4th wall with that FMV is beyond me, but in my opinion the zombie wasn't looking at Jill or Chris it was looking at the poor players playing the damn game) Yeah it did scare the crap out of me, minutes later though it was the Cerberus that smashed through the window my heart was skipping beats like there was no tomorrow. And of course the final strike in all that was the music Masami Ueda will remain one of my favorite musicians in the games industry just because he made the most atmospheric and amazing compositions for the RE games he composed music for (which is another reason why I love the original games more than the new ones)

I never touched another RE game until I was 13/14 that was Resident Evil 3: Nemesis managed to dodge the zombies in the first section of the game, unlock the warehouse enter the alley and I stopped...I heard the ambient moans and groans and immediately turned my ps1 off, think it may have being the fear of the unknown, hoards of zombies who knows. All I know was at one point I just decided I'd had enough of being scared of zombies and Resident Evil in General (add to the fact I was born and raised on horror movies in my youth) So at the time a certain zombie film entered my life.

Everyone has seen the original Dawn of the Dead? It was the first zombie film I watched and during that whole movie it made me realize one thing...I can outrun a zombie so as long as I run and dodge them I can hopefully survive it. So with that new offset in my mind I bought Resident Evil 2 brand new for £10 and shoved Leon's disc in first after obviously reading the manual (I read manuals with every game I buy although nowadays there isn't really much of a manual with a physical copy of a game) there I was introduced to the plot obviously not playing the first game at that point to the end I had no Idea who Jill and Chris really were, Who STARS were or hell even Umbrella was, anyway after watching Leon's fmv I started playing and finally managed to outrun the first wave of zombies and made it into Kendo's gunshop.

To cut a long story short (since we all know what happens in the game) Made it to the RPD and encountered the Licker for the first time.... Yeah my mind went blank this was no zombie in front of me it was something else.... And I thought like that for most of the game up until the end. And then the ranking screen boots up, I had completed the game in 6 hours 24 minutes using over 21 saves of course that was my first attempt playing the game on my own with no guide.

As of then I was hooked to the series I played through Leon's game again this time achieving a time of 2 hours 26 minutes with a A Rank and only 3 saves. And obviously I played through all the other games at that point.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:39 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
And there are two for the DS I believe, Deadly Silence and Revelations
Revelations was only on the 3DS and while you can play DS games, Deadly Silence for example, on the 3DS you can't do the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
And there are two for the DS I believe, Deadly Silence and Revelations
Revelations was only on the 3DS and while you can play DS games, Deadly Silence for example, on the 3DS you can't do the other way around.

Ah, thank you. I don't own either one so I didn't really know
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Valentine Fan wrote:
halestride wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
halestride wrote:

That's cool, I wasn't judging you or anything, I was just wondering. And there are two for the DS I believe, Deadly Silence and Revelations

It was deadly silence I have I on a hacked cartage.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:35 pm

I have aot of nostalgia for the earlier games, but they are all awesome in their own rights. Neither era is better than the other.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:09 am

Monster Mash wrote:
I have aot of nostalgia for the earlier games, but they are all awesome in their own rights. Neither era is better than the other.
But the question was: which one got you into the series. I'm guessing the originals?
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:31 am

Both!To me the best combination is in RErevelations - survival horror with action elements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next