Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Movies EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Movies EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Movies EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Movies EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Movies EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Movies EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Movies EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Movies EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Movies

Go down 
+8
DivideByZero
Methsia
Outbreakgirl
SWITCHMYND
RebelliousQueen
Valentine Fan
Mass Distraction
REWorld
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

Resident Evil Movies Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:50 am

Is it just me that thinks the movies are absolute trash? I watched the first 2 and was bored out my mind - I'd much prefer if they did the movies based on the games or at least in someway linking in, they seem to be completely seperated.

I bought Degeneration from eBay for £2.50! So I'll be giving that a watch later, I believe that this one does link with the games?

Am I right in saying the movie series has no connection with the games at all? I know Jill, Chris etc. appear in the later movies but after watching the first 2 I just struggled linking them together?

Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:22 am

Just noticed that I put this in the wrong topic section! Thanks for moving it..
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:29 am

You share your opinion with quite a few people here, although there are those who like them as well. The first one is actually the best of the bunch in my opinion because it passed as a fun zombie flick and didn't mess with the actual story of the games.

Oh, and to answer your question: no. The live action films have absolutely nothing to do with the games and have a completely seperate storyline focusing on Alice being better than everyone else. The movies have gone downhill since the first one so I would suggest you only watch the rest if you are interested in where it goes.

Degeneration, on the other hand, DOES take place in the game canon. It's set on November in 2005, which makes it take place in between Revelations and Resident Evil 5 (Lost in Nightmares, to be specific).

Just a fun fact, in case you didn't know this already: George Romero made a script for the first RE movie but it got scrapped, Capcom opting for Paul Anderson instead. Romero's script actually followed the story of the first game.

Btw. I moved it so no problem. Oh, and avoid double posting by using the "Edit" button Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:38 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
You share your opinion with quite a few people here, although there are those who like them as well. The first one is actually the best of the bunch in my opinion because it passed as a fun zombie flick and didn't mess with the actual story of the games.

Oh, and to answer your question: no. The live action films have absolutely nothing to do with the games and have a completely seperate storyline focusing on Alice being better than everyone else. The movies have gone downhill since the first one so I would suggest you only watch the rest if you are interested in where it goes.

Degeneration, on the other hand, DOES take place in the game canon. It's set on November in 2005, which makes it take place in between Revelations and Resident Evil 5 (Lost in Nightmares, to be specific).

Just a fun fact, in case you didn't know this already: George Romero made a script for the first RE movie but it got scrapped, Capcom opting for Paul Anderson instead. Romero's script actually followed the story of the first game.

Btw. I moved it so no problem. Oh, and avoid double posting by using the "Edit" button Smile

Ah, no worries - Every forum I've been on the 'edit' button doesn't work unless you're a Mod so just figured that would be the case here, good to know!

I remember reading something a long time ago when RE:2 was new on the scene (I was young so don't hold me to it) that they were making a movie based on the game but the Director died during filming? I remember seeing action shots of Leon and Claire (real people) in a magazine which looked like they were playing out the story of RE:2.

When the movie first came out I thought it was going to be based around the game so about half way through when I realised it wasn't, obviously I was disappointed! Which probably makes me think the film was a lot worse than it actually was...

I didn't know that but I've got a hunch that if they did opt for Romero's script the series would have been alot more successful.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:46 am

I've... actually never heard of that RE2 thing. There was, however, a live action trailer for RE2 made my Romero. Maybe the shots you saw were from that one? Though that part about the director dying does not fit. Here's the trailer:

About the movies being successful... They kinda are, right now. Still, I would assume they'd be a whole lot better. The movies stopped making any sense (literally) after the third one.
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:53 am

Yeah, the trailer you just posted are the action shots I saw in the magazine - Recognised the police station instantly! Very Happy

That has just answered any lingering thoughts I had that there was a half completed movie out there of Resident Evil 2!!

Yeah, the movies do seem to be doing well for themselves but I don't think anyone who has played and enjoyed the games will be huge fans.

I was looking on Wikipedia at a list of characters in the movies - Some people listed are Leon (think he'll feature in the new one) Chris, Jill, Claire, how exactly do they fit in?

I think the serious question that everyone has asked though is, who the fuck is Alice? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:05 am

Leon was supposed to be dead (and apparently a part of STARS, in addition to being Jill's partner) but now he is miraculously alive while Chris, Jill, Claire and all the other characters from the games are there just to... well, just so that it is still even somewhat "Resident Evil".

Alice was just an original character shoved in the movies to make them seem more "interesting", I guess. Anderson casted his own wife and made her a Mary Sue which kind of ruined everything for me.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:05 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The movies stopped making any sense (literally) after the third one.

Amen to that. As soon as Alice got superpowers, I really lost intrest because her character became so overpowered.
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:11 am

Yeah, I was gonna' try and watch the movies, give them another go but after what you just said I think I'll pass. This Alice character comes across as a huge bell.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:20 am

Kinda sad that it's the most succesfull game to movie series to date. Well, at least we'll have Damnation.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:29 am

I really can't take her husband. He steal some of George Romero's ideas.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:29 am

That's what I was going to ask, I've seen a couple of things but not read too much into it - Damnation? Who's in it? Is it animated? And what's the storyline?

I'm watching Degeneration for the first time tonight after buying it the other day, will it follow on from that?

I've had quite a long absence from Resident Evil but I'm getting back into it again as of late! I found this forum thanks to your timeline actually of the game. I typed in Resident Evil Timeline on Google and your thread came up. I want to complete the games from start to finish (and I'll be using your timeline) unfortunately it means I'll be having to persevere with Zero firstly!

Saying that I completed RE:2 the other night for a first time in a long time and am now on the Second Scenario, I can't remember where anything is Very Happy RE:2 my favorite of the series by a long way.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:37 am

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
That's what I was going to ask, I've seen a couple of things but not read too much into it - Damnation? Who's in it? Is it animated? And what's the storyline?

It's a CGI film, just like Degeneration. So far, we know that Leon is going to return, but other than that, nothing much else apart from that it will take place between "Revelations" and "Resident Evil 5"
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:58 am

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
I've had quite a long absence from Resident Evil but I'm getting back into it again as of late! I found this forum thanks to your timeline actually of the game. I typed in Resident Evil Timeline on Google and your thread came up. I want to complete the games from start to finish (and I'll be using your timeline) unfortunately it means I'll be having to persevere with Zero firstly!
My thread? Oh sweet! Very Happy About the RE2/3 part, just ignore the fact that they cross each other. Makes it just confusing when playing them in order.

As Valentine already explained the movie, here's the trailer:

Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:58 am

TUNSTALL37 wrote:

I'm watching Degeneration for the first time tonight after buying it the other day, will it follow on from that?

We're glad that you found and choose this forum and yes, Damnation is the continuation of Degeneration. So how'd you find the film? The main character is still Leon, but the other characters are unknown and hasn't confirm yet.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:00 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
it will take place between "Revelations" and "Resident Evil 5"
Wait... where'd you get that?
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:03 am

I actually like the movies if not compared to the games but I love almost everything resident evil.
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:07 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
TUNSTALL37 wrote:

We're glad that you found and choose this forum and yes, Damnation is the continuation of Degeneration. So how'd you find the film? The main character is still Leon, but the other characters are unknown and hasn't confirm yet.

I'll let you know what I think of it, hopefully I'll be watching it later.

Just watched that trailer and I'm glad the lickers in the game aren't that fierce and active Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:16 am

halestride wrote:
I actually like the movies if not compared to the games but I love almost everything resident evil.
Love the games. Hate the films.

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
I'll let you know what I think of it, hopefully I'll be watching it later.

Just watched that trailer and I'm glad the lickers in the game aren't that fierce and active Very Happy

Oh, sorry I thought you already watched it, my bad. Yea, I watched the trailer too. There was a mystery man, I really hope it was Ark Thompson Smile
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 am

The movies gotten silly after the first one. Stuff was happening, stupid stuff, but stuff kept people entertained...somewhat. The one that made me laugh was Shawn Roberts couldn't decide what accent Wesker should have.

Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:56 am

Outbreakgirl wrote:
The one that made me laugh was Shawn Roberts couldn't decide what accent Wesker should have.

I saw one of his interview he said he played RE5 many times and he used to watched the cutscenes many times just to copy Wesker's accent.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:26 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
it will take place between "Revelations" and "Resident Evil 5"
Wait... where'd you get that?

Oh crap, I completely confused it with Degeneration

Excuse me while I bash my head with the keyboard
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:46 am

Haha. I knew it! I've always known it was Degeneration and not Revelation *troll face*
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:56 pm

I saw one of his interview he said he played RE5 many times and he used to watched the cutscenes many times just to copy Wesker's accent.

Okay, but his Wesker voice gives me the giggles. Not that it's a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Outbreakgirl wrote:

Okay, but his Wesker voice gives me the giggles. Not that it's a bad thing.

Yea, same here. Very Happy In my opinion, he never sounded like Wesker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movies   Resident Evil Movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Movies
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next