Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE3 Question

Go down 
+8
Spike991
RebelliousQueen
chrisredfielmusculo
ChickenHeart
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
NiteKrawler
TeRoR KiD
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE3 Question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:50 am

ChickenHeart wrote:
Woah lets not start talking crazy now. The easy mode in RE3 was meant for new players and those new to "survival horror". I also always thought it was Capcom making fun of players who would complain RE/RE2 were "too hard". Basically them saying "Oh, here take all the weapons you want! You're still never going to solve the water purification puzzle anyway" I mean it's not like there was a random selling you things and enemies dropping ammunition after you killed them.

If anything, the effort that had to be put into upgrading your weapons and whatnot probably added to the survival.

I mean, do I want to buy another First Aid or upgrade my pistol?

Enemies dropping weapons, while probably the only legitimate complaint, is hardly that big of a complaint, considering that there are more damn enemies...

Seriously, if they didn't drop ammo, you'd be fucked. Get over it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:58 am

Additionally, (and this is not a double post because Spike had one above me) I can't wait for this famous water treatment puzzle.

I'm confident I can beat it without a youtube video or walkthrough...
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:05 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
Additionally, (and this is not a double post because Spike had one above me) I can't wait for this famous water treatment puzzle.

I'm confident I can beat it without a youtube video or walkthrough...

I think most of us did our first time. But it will definately stump you for a bit and make you spend a bit of time trying to get it just right. study
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:46 am

Spike991 wrote:
ChickenHeart wrote:
Woah lets not start talking crazy now. The easy mode in RE3 was meant for new players and those new to "survival horror". I also always thought it was Capcom making fun of players who would complain RE/RE2 were "too hard". Basically them saying "Oh, here take all the weapons you want! You're still never going to solve the water purification puzzle anyway" I mean it's not like there was a random selling you things and enemies dropping ammunition after you killed them.

If anything, the effort that had to be put into upgrading your weapons and whatnot probably added to the survival.

Enemies dropping weapons, while probably the only legitimate complaint, is hardly that big of a complaint, considering that there are more damn enemies...

Honestly what did you expect "EASY mode" to consist of? Generally that means being able to complete something without much effort. That is exactly what it is. Even with all the awesome guns available you still have limited inventory. If you carried say a hand gun and ammo and a shotgun and ammo plus your ink ribbon you've already used 5/8 spaces. In RE4 you carry 3 guns hand grenades and everything else easily.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:53 am

ChickenHeart wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
ChickenHeart wrote:

Honestly what did you expect "EASY mode" to consist of? Generally that means being able to complete something without much effort. That is exactly what it is. Even with all the awesome guns available you still have limited inventory. If you carried say a hand gun and ammo and a shotgun and ammo plus your ink ribbon you've already used 5/8 spaces. In RE4 you carry 3 guns hand grenades and everything else easily.

What I expected was an RE experience worthy of my previous ones. RE4 has limited inventory space too. You may have to strategically, and OCD'lly, move everything around to fit your stuff, but it's still very limited.

Let's not try to come up with excuses for RE3's Easy Mode. No way someone can talk trash about RE4, and then turn around and play RE3 on Easy and be all, "Yup, I'm not a complete moron". Rolling Eyes

I don't have that much of a problem with RE3's Easy Mode though, I'm not gonna play it, but it's not something that really concerns me. I just wanted to point out the ridiculousness of this whole RE4 Having No Horror thing that seems to periodically come up.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:22 am

ChickenHeart wrote:
If you carried say a hand gun and ammo and a shotgun and ammo plus your ink ribbon you've already used 5/8 spaces.
Wait wait wait.... Why would you carry around an ink ribbon?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:55 pm

I just finished it and must say the buzz over this water puzzle really got me disappointed. Is it the one where you drain the water in the park or set the levels to test the water sample?

I found both pretty easy and still say that Ashleys puzzle on RE4 is the toughest one of all time. It took me longer to work out you used the wrench to open the door at the gas station than it did to beat either of those puzzles.

On a side note, I lol'd when it asked if I'd like to discard the lighter because I didn't need it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:26 pm

It's the sample thing, not that one in the park.

And the reason the water sample puzzle gets so much buzz is because it's so tedious and seems to take forever...

At one point I had like the 3 different ways it might be done in pics on my phone, so I could take a glance and match it up no effort. Otherwise you might be there for awhile.

As for the one with Ashley, I've noticed that it can be done either really fast, or take an eternity.

I mean if you get it like I have, in like 7 seconds, that's awesome. If you mess up once, then you're gonna be sitting there for awhile..
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:36 am

Spike991 wrote:

And the reason the water sample puzzle gets so much buzz is because it's so tedious and seems to take forever...

At one point I had like the 3 different ways it might be done in pics on my phone, so I could take a glance and match it up no effort. Otherwise you might be there for awhile.

As for the one with Ashley, I've noticed that it can be done either really fast, or take an eternity.

I mean if you get it like I have, in like 7 seconds, that's awesome. If you mess up once, then you're gonna be sitting there for awhile..

7 seconds is very impressive. I still say the water sample puzzle was easy though.

Only took me a couple of minutes to work it out. The one where you drain the water tanks in the hospital basement probably even took me longer.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:40 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

7 seconds is very impressive. I still say the water sample puzzle was easy though.

Only took me a couple of minutes to work it out. The one where you drain the water tanks in the hospital basement probably even took me longer.

That's the one with the Gamma Hunters. It can be super simple too, if you do it right from the get-go. If you mess up once though, you better order a pizza, cuz you're gonna be there for awhile.

The one that stumps me most though, and never, ever makes any sense whatsoever, is the one in the Chappel with the 3 stones or whatever. Obsidian, Crystal and Amber(?).

You have any trouble with that catastrophy for a puzzle?
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:03 am

Spike991 wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

That's the one with the Gamma Hunters. It can be super simple too, if you do it right from the get-go. If you mess up once though, you better order a pizza, cuz you're gonna be there for awhile.

The one that stumps me most though, and never, ever makes any sense whatsoever, is the one in the Chappel with the 3 stones or whatever. Obsidian, Crystal and Amber(?).

You have any trouble with that catastrophy for a puzzle?

I must admit it didn't give you any hints for how to logically beat it. I think I just put them in the same order as the statues I took them out of and got it first go.

Another one that gave me a bit of grief was the flipping the paintings on the wall in RE4 to be in the correct order.

Funny how some people have claimed that puzzles died in RE4 when it had two tough ones IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:34 am

Funny thing, I just did the puzzle in the hospital basement. I had no idea what to do so I just pressed them randomly and like always, it worked like a dream.

Spike991 wrote:
That's super easy! It changes every time, though, but I guess the stones are always the same weight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:54 pm

TeRoR KiD wrote:
I must admit it didn't give you any hints for how to logically beat it. I think I just put them in the same order as the statues I took them out of and got it first go.

Another one that gave me a bit of grief was the flipping the paintings on the wall in RE4 to be in the correct order.

Funny how some people have claimed that puzzles died in RE4 when it had two tough ones IMO.

Like+1

And yes, I've done that before too, where I'll put all the little stones just right and it works without too much effort and I think I know how it works..but then on my next run I put them in the same spots, and it doesnt work...it's just tedious.

The one with the pics in RE4 has stumped me once or twice, but most of the time I get it quickly enough.

And yes, RE4 had some puzzles, but they are forgotten under the negatively biased opinions that some carry.

Remember the cat's eye puzzle behind the church? That's another good one.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:13 am

Spike991 wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:

Like+1

And yes, I've done that before too, where I'll put all the little stones just right and it works without too much effort and I think I know how it works..but then on my next run I put them in the same spots, and it doesnt work...it's just tedious.

The one with the pics in RE4 has stumped me once or twice, but most of the time I get it quickly enough.

And yes, RE4 had some puzzles, but they are forgotten under the negatively biased opinions that some carry.

Yeah it was decent. Even the light puzzle inside the church was just as good as 50% of the puzzles in the earlier resident evils...if anything I'd be complaining about Leon jumping over lasers like he was Alice...about the only thing that I called BS over in RE4

Plus I would've loved to see him carry his inventory around like my avatar...more similar to how Chris did in RE5
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:58 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with that. The whole laser-matrix scene was a bit over exaggerated lol. It's like Leon took lessons from Ryu Hayabusa with those moves.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:05 am

Spike991 wrote:

The puzzle behind the church for the cat's eye stone is easy. All you need to really do is remember the right symbols. Then it's... wait. If there's certain people here that have yet to play that part of RE4 if at all I wouldn't want to give away how you get the cat's eye stone. But it works just like a combination lock almost.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:14 am

Jill Sandwich wrote:
I'm gonna have to agree with that. The whole laser-matrix scene was a bit over exaggerated lol. It's like Leon took lessons from Ryu Hayabusa with those moves.

I agree to you, but somehow it is awesome. He is the apprentice of Ryu Hayabusa. Haha
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:22 pm

TeRoR KiD wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:

Like+1

Yeah it was decent. Even the light puzzle inside the church was just as good as 50% of the puzzles in the earlier resident evils...if anything I'd be complaining about Leon jumping over lasers like he was Alice...about the only thing that I called BS over in RE4

Plus I would've loved to see him carry his inventory around like my avatar...more similar to how Chris did in RE5

Carry it around? Like how Chris visibly carried his other weapons and stuff instead of just showing what's equipped?
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Spike - I can't tell if you're quoting what I said in disbelief because you disagree or you're asking me to clarify what I meant...
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 12:28 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
Spike - I can't tell if you're quoting what I said in disbelief because you disagree or you're asking me to clarify what I meant...

Ummm, what am I, some kinda prick?

Yeah, I just wanted you to clarify, that's all. Like how Chris carries other weapons with him, like you'll see something on his back, versus how we usually just see the weapon that's equipped.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:10 am

Spike991 wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:

Yeah, I just wanted you to clarify, that's all. Like how Chris carries other weapons with him, like you'll see something on his back, versus how we usually just see the weapon that's equipped.

Yeah. Same as Chris and same as my avatar where Leon has the fish, rocket launcher and shotgun on his back while holding a pistol in his hands. I wasn't implying you're a prick, just thought it was pretty obvious from my avatar what I meant!

I'm a fan of some of the slightly more realistic concepts in Resident Evil like in 0 where when you can't fit items in your personal inventory you have to drop them and collect later. Much more realistic than keeping them in the magic storage boxes.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:38 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:

Yeah. Same as Chris and same as my avatar where Leon has the fish, rocket launcher and shotgun on his back while holding a pistol in his hands. I wasn't implying you're a prick, just thought it was pretty obvious from my avatar what I meant!

I'm a fan of some of the slightly more realistic concepts in Resident Evil like in 0 where when you can't fit items in your personal inventory you have to drop them and collect later. Much more realistic than keeping them in the magic storage boxes.

If you are saying that RE needs more realistic. I disagree. Not all RE Series needs to be realistic when it comes to carrying Weapon or keeping them. I still like old school way of keeping the Weapon in the a Storage Box.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:48 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:

If you are saying that RE needs more realistic. I disagree. Not all RE Series needs to be realistic when it comes to carrying Weapon or keeping them. I still like old school way of keeping the Weapon in the a Storage Box.

I'm not saying I want outlandish realism or else we wouldn't even have the undead and Resident Evil to begin with. I'm just fond of the little intricacies like Chris displaying his awesome arsenal on his back rather than holding them in a magic inventory.

It's not like the first time I played RE1 I was wondering how the heck Enrico got to the underground area outside when i had to obtain keys and beat puzzles to be where he was.

Let's just try to work on the little things to make the games that much better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:04 am

RE is a better game. You keep noticing Chris's arsenal on his back. There is nothing wrong with it dude
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:08 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
RE is a better game. You keep noticing Chris's arsenal on his back. There is nothing wrong with it dude

lol...please try not to take offense to this question but is English your preferred language? You don't seem to understand from my posts that the weapons being visible on Chris' back is something I really LIKE...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE3 Question   RE3 Question - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE3 Question
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next