HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Whats the last game you got?

Go down 
+64
wazthatme
Pau Diaz
Outbreakgirl
leonskennedy232
Sundown31
Patrick Wesker
halestride
NiteKrawler
SuperMasterGamer
hunter destroyer
sirjibbs323
Known_Hero
Ssplain
Mcghie
valereth
Wesker's Fanboy
ZombieGirl
Limey
Cyberization
seldin
AWDCP
SWITCHMYND
DivideByZero
Ghost Leader
ThomVD
Xannidel
PWNERX
MSR
Valentine Fan
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Lightning Count
GTMippey
Industrial Ridden
RebelliousQueen
RaviorStygian
DonREfan
will1234562
Incompetent Barry
Trichos
Teh Black Cat
Albert Wes
37 Narwhals
JamTyrantH
ChrisSherry
Nobudy
S.Winters
frodomir
chrisredfield84
Methsia
Vandal
00biohazard
Lady Yuna
ZombiePrincess
Godzilla90s
The mastAH!
chocotricks
ChickenHeart
weskersbarber
PAULSAMSON
Spike991
Bub537
Sargent D
Mass Distraction
Sithis Malkira
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 8:16 am

Even the DS version of RE1 does have the knife button which, surprise surprise, is L1. So even this point is now moot. Honestly, the only difference is the aiming system and the tank controls were present in all titles until ORC and RE6. Since it's now 9-1 in favor of the controls being the same, this argument has met its end.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 8:51 am

Also what does the quickness of turning and not getting stuck on walls have to do with the controls? That falls under technical proficiency, not controls. Your whole argument makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 11:33 am

Can we continue the Thread? I just got Jericho for Xbox 360. It's by Clive "Movie Rape Monsters" Barker.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network fsmetal
Steam : fs_metal

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
valereth wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
valereth wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
You can deny it all you want, but the fact remains that RE4's controls are pretty much button-for-button identical to previous games.
You can deny i8t alkl you want, but the fact remains that RE4's controls are pretty much button-for-button vastly improved from previous games
Wow, I'm sure convinced now! :roll:It's obvious to everyone here that you clearly have no solid basis to validate your claim. All you can do is ignorantly brush everything that myself, Vandal, Narwhals, and Mcghie have said aside simply because it doesn't conform to what you want to believe. You might as well just be holding your hands over your ears and repeatedly shouting "you're wrong" louder than anyone else around you is talking.
If the controls had not been fixed, it would take half a freaking hour to turn around, and you would get stuck on walls all the time. You don't. The controls are much improved. That is a fact. GEt over it already.
You're right, it doesn't take me half an hour to turn around. It never did in the entire history of this franchise. Nor have I ever had issues with getting "stuck on walls", whatever the hell that means. The only difference between RE4 and its predecessors is, as has already been stated but you continue to ignore, the camera angle and more powerful hardware making it run more fluidly. The controls themselves are almost button-for-button the same.

And for the love of Zeus, edit your post instead of posting umpteen times back to back. Neutral
So basically you've never played Resident Evil. Why are you here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.digital-delirium.com
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:30 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Also what does the quickness of turning and not getting stuck on walls have to do with the controls? That falls under technical proficiency, not controls. Your whole argument makes no sense.
My argument makes perfect sense. You just don't want to get it. that is your fault. It is not mine.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Even the DS version of RE1 does have the knife button which, surprise surprise, is L1. So even this point is now moot. Honestly, the only difference is the aiming system and the tank controls were present in all titles until ORC and RE6. Since it's now 9-1 in favor of the controls being the same, this argument has met its end.
And I am still right. The controls are, in fact, NOT the same.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:32 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
RE 1-5 all have tank controls. This simply means that no matter what, you push up to go forward. And you must turn yourself manually to actually turn. I haven't played RE 6 but I assume it also has tank controls. If you say RE4 does not have tank controls, that just means you don't know what tank controls are.
If I push the stick up at an angle, Leon goes at that angle. RE4 does NOT have tank controls. This is a fact.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:33 pm

ThomVD wrote:
valereth wrote:
So RE4 does not have tank controls. Instead of going in whatever direction when you push up, Leon goes where you point him.

Dude, replay the game and come back to us.
Dude take your own advice. I have played it several times. I know what I am talking about
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:34 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
No. Just learn the definition of tank controls. Do you ever, at any time in RE4, press right, left, or down or ANYTHING other than forward on the joystick to move forward? No. That is tank controls.
Your statement makes no sense. You are suggesting that controlling any character in any game ever is tank controls .You are wrong, kid.,
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Nobudy wrote:
I've added a game to the PS3 family. That game, is Resident Evil Revelations. In 2 months time, GTA V.

And pretty much every main game before 6 had tank controls. I don't see this much, but people actually complained that 6 didn't have tank controls despite complaining of tank controls in the past.
Except for 4 and 5
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:36 pm

Mcghie wrote:
valereth wrote:
So RE4 does not have tank controls. Instead of going in whatever direction when you push up, Leon goes where you point him.

I've already explained this to you in detail.
ITS BECAUSE SINCE RE4 THE GAME HAS CHANGED TO A DYNAMIC CAMERA SETUP THE CAMERA FOLLOWS THE CHARACTER.
I'm not going to fucking repeat myself for the fifth time and explain why this has an impact on the feeling of movement.
It's all camera perspectives.
I know I already told you to check it out but now I'm telling you in order to gain a perspective on the subject please for your own sake get RE4 for the PC and
download the mod I was referencing in my earlier posts.
I will even rip my copy of the game and send you it personally if it will get you understand better.
Either that or study game design, however the later could take years so I'd advice you to stick with the first option.  
And because the controls were improved. I keep saying this. You keep forgetting it. Try paying attention.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:37 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Hmmm...

Analyzation: R1 still aims, Start is still inventory. X is action, Box is to Run, O to cancel, Triangle...meh. Dpad movement is still the same. Select is still options, yet L1 is now knife, and you cannot use it while aiming to auto-target. Also, aiming is now camera based, while the older style is a aim, up/down/forward, fire. Difference: RE4: 1 major difference. Valereth: Your argument is now invalid.
So basically you are wrong and you need to play RE4 again
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:58 pm

Okay. Well, in any case, please do edit your posts so you only have one at a time instead of double posting. One of the rules.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:24 pm

You know what, to save myself from frustration, and to save my head from constant face palming, I give up. You win. RE4 has a totally new control scheme and plays nothing like those old RE games with shitty controls... Happy now? Or do you want to discuss about whether grass is green or not?
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 4:42 pm

ThomVD wrote:
You know what, to save myself from frustration, and to save my head from constant face palming, I give up. You win. RE4 has a totally new control scheme and plays nothing like those old RE games with shitty controls... Happy now? Or do you want to discuss about whether grass is green or not?
I would not say it plays nothing like the previous games. 5 does. 5 is an action game. IT gets rid of the whole horror vibe. 4 still had that, though.,
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 6:34 pm

So now we are talking atmosphere? I think you just use your terms way differently than most other gamers.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Can we all just agree he has no idea what he's talking about and deem him a dunce?
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Vandal wrote:
Can we all just agree he has no idea what he's talking about and deem him a dunce?
That's not a nice thing to say about nitekrawler

NiteKrawler wrote:
So now we are talking atmosphere? I think you just use your terms way differently than most other gamers.
No. I don't. RE4 has a completely different feel from RE5
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:16 pm

I never said it didn't.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:24 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I never said it didn't.
If you agree, why did you argue?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Because you said they played differently. That has nothing to do with atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:47 pm

So...basically...you have no point....at all.

The atmosphere of a game can effect how you play
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:52 am

valereth wrote:
So basically you've never played Resident Evil. Why are you here?
I've actually played it many, many times and, no, I've really never had any problems turning around quickly or gotten stuck in a wall (again, whatever the latter is). And I'm here because of intelligent people such as Spike, Nite, Vandal, Miss Claire Redfield, Mass, and Meth, whom I like and enjoy conversing with.

Just more proof to everyone here that you have no solid basis to stand on and just want to be argumentative.

Vandal wrote:
That's horribly insensitive! Dunces aren't this dumb.

valereth wrote:
The atmosphere of a game can effect how you play
Atmosphere and controls are two completely different things.

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:53 am

valereth wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
I've added a game to the PS3 family. That game, is Resident Evil Revelations. In 2 months time, GTA V.

And pretty much every main game before 6 had tank controls. I don't see this much, but people actually complained that 6 didn't have tank controls despite complaining of tank controls in the past.
Except for 4 and 5
Dude...are you really that ignorant?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:56 am

Nobudy wrote:
valereth wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Except for 4 and 5
Dude...are you really that ignorant?
The answer to that should be painfully obvious by now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the last game you got?
Page 14 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next