HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

I have a question about Wesker...

Go down 
+8
The Knife
Mass Distraction
NiteKrawler
Monster Mash
Cyberote
Sargent D
Spike991
HUNK'syouruncle
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a question about Wesker...   I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:33 pm

If you think about it, there's a thread in Wesker's progression. He started out as very cruel and ruthless, but not necessarily a megalomaniac. I think for him, Umbrella was the ultimate source of power that had to be dominant over global affairs, but not necessarily rule the world directly. Umbrella however went under, and Wesker thus had to reformulate his theories; the company that had literally given birth to him was no more powerful than Enron, just nastier, and thus could be discarded. I also think after RE1, his failure with the tyrant and his growing obsession with Chris made him feel the need to have more direct control over his plans, and not mediate them through others.

After potential rivals like Alexia were destroyed, I think that his ego and sense of power grew even more, and he increasingly saw anyone who was not of direct use to him as redundant and utterly disposable. This is just a theory of mine, but I think that Wesker did not have Ada directly go after Leon because he knew that Saddler was a serious threat to his own power and that Leon was probably the best bet to have him eliminated. Get around to the events at the Spencer Estate and then RE5, and Wesker had completely adopted Spencer's "god" ideas, brought on by the events directly surrounding his murder of Spencer, and had come to the conclusion that absolutely anyone who was not like him did not deserve to live. If you think about it, it makes sense; all his attempts to delegate power through lesser being had failed, thus they all had to die and only he himself could rule. Also, he may have been experiencing some problems due to possible experimentation on himself; we heard nothing about him having to take shots before RE5. Granted, we don't see much of him outside direct gameplay, but it is something to think about. If his body was starting to break down, his mental state might have been deteriorating, leading him to believe that complete genocide was what was necessary to eliminate all who had or who might ever oppose him. This might also explain the eyes, as before he might have been able to control their color, but as he broke down, they became permanently yellow.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

PostSubject: Re: I have a question about Wesker...   I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Spike991 wrote:
HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Sargent D wrote:
Yeah I always wondered the same thing. scratch

That is an excellent deduction though.

Though, since they messed his character up so much, I really find myself not caring at all about Wesker anymore, not anything Post RE4 anyway.

DC Douglas is NOT Wesker.

Really? I think that he is the most badass in RE5. BTW has he dodged bullets before RE5. I hav'nt finnished many of the games if you're wondering(only RE2, RE4, and RE5).

That's the thing. They fucked up his character and didn't stay true to what made him cool in the first place.

What did they did was drop his character's personality, voice, among other things, and turned him into a stupid, matrix, generic annoying ripoff of something he wasn't.

Basically to the point where everyone can play RE5 and just think, "Ah he is so badass".

Myself and many others will disagree with you, those are some good points but i personaly think that how they made him in RE5 was epic. Before RE5 i thought that Wesker was cool but how he was portrayed in RE5 turned him into my second favourite videogame villain (Ganondorf from Zelda is the first) and my third favourite fictional villain (second: Ganondorf, first: Darth Vader)
So I think that many people will have different opinions on RE5 Wesker.

BTW this is my opinion not a point of argument
im not saying that anyone is wrong for liking wesker, just that he is completely wrong.

its like a totally different character. i hear words like badass and epic. thats not wesker.

theres notjing to diagree about. i mean we can all have differing opinions on whether we like him, but its not a matter of opinion, whether his character has made some drastic changes.

the people who enjoy dc douglas wesker are typically new to the series, or the changes didnt bother them too much.

i myself loved his character before because of the unique traits and personality that made him who he was.

Not because how he nowadays is covered head to toe in leather with a long trenchcoat, and just looks and moves like a matrix ripoff.

re4 wesker was the last good one. he blew in UC and re5, while i loved the way he dashed around to avoid getting shot, which we've seen plenty of times before, just not in cutscenes, was really outweighed by the stupid things.

im not even going to get into it right now, but one thing that really grinds my gears is the voice change.

You have some good points there. I like Wesker in general. I thnik that what they made him in RE5 was they turned him into a cinematic villain. I think it was to suit how the games have involed to survival horror into cinematic action. I like all of the Weskers, but i hate movie Wesker as the actor did a horrible job, he was the chairman of Umbrella which he's not in the games, and mainly because the writers couldn't come up with any fresh ideas, so they just copied what had already been made.

Thats another thing about the movies that I noticed, It seems like the writers dont't have any ideas so they wait until Capcom bring out another game so they can steal from it. Afterlife is a prime example of this. As the T-virus infected zombies now look like the majini which makes no sense because the majini were infected with Las Plagas (or Plagas type 2 if i'm not wrong), the executioner looked exactly the same and his orogons in the movie were unexplained and Wesker is just a clone of the cool Wesker from RE5.

To get back on subject I also hat how Capcom keep changing the characters. Like they change the voice actors and character models. Are they not satisfied with anything they do?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: I have a question about Wesker...   I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm with spike here. Old Wesker ftw. Btw, Sephiroth will always be the coolest game villain ever.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I have a question about Wesker...   I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:27 pm

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Sargent D wrote:
Yeah I always wondered the same thing. scratch

That is an excellent deduction though.

Though, since they messed his character up so much, I really find myself not caring at all about Wesker anymore, not anything Post RE4 anyway.

DC Douglas is NOT Wesker.

Really? I think that he is the most badass in RE5. BTW has he dodged bullets before RE5. I hav'nt finnished many of the games if you're wondering(only RE2, RE4, and RE5).

That's the thing. They fucked up his character and didn't stay true to what made him cool in the first place.

What did they did was drop his character's personality, voice, among other things, and turned him into a stupid, matrix, generic annoying ripoff of something he wasn't.

Basically to the point where everyone can play RE5 and just think, "Ah he is so badass".

Myself and many others will disagree with you, those are some good points but i personaly think that how they made him in RE5 was epic. Before RE5 i thought that Wesker was cool but how he was portrayed in RE5 turned him into my second favourite videogame villain (Ganondorf from Zelda is the first) and my third favourite fictional villain (second: Ganondorf, first: Darth Vader)
So I think that many people will have different opinions on RE5 Wesker.

BTW this is my opinion not a point of argument
im not saying that anyone is wrong for liking wesker, just that he is completely wrong.

its like a totally different character. i hear words like badass and epic. thats not wesker.

theres notjing to diagree about. i mean we can all have differing opinions on whether we like him, but its not a matter of opinion, whether his character has made some drastic changes.

the people who enjoy dc douglas wesker are typically new to the series, or the changes didnt bother them too much.

i myself loved his character before because of the unique traits and personality that made him who he was.

Not because how he nowadays is covered head to toe in leather with a long trenchcoat, and just looks and moves like a matrix ripoff.

re4 wesker was the last good one. he blew in UC and re5, while i loved the way he dashed around to avoid getting shot, which we've seen plenty of times before, just not in cutscenes, was really outweighed by the stupid things.

im not even going to get into it right now, but one thing that really grinds my gears is the voice change.

You have some good points there. I like Wesker in general. I thnik that what they made him in RE5 was they turned him into a cinematic villain. I think it was to suit how the games have involed to survival horror into cinematic action. I like all of the Weskers, but i hate movie Wesker as the actor did a horrible job, he was the chairman of Umbrella which he's not in the games, and mainly because the writers couldn't come up with any fresh ideas, so they just copied what had already been made.

Thats another thing about the movies that I noticed, It seems like the writers dont't have any ideas so they wait until Capcom bring out another game so they can steal from it. Afterlife is a prime example of this. As the T-virus infected zombies now look like the majini which makes no sense because the majini were infected with Las Plagas (or Plagas type 2 if i'm not wrong), the executioner looked exactly the same and his orogons in the movie were unexplained and Wesker is just a clone of the cool Wesker from RE5.

To get back on subject I also hat how Capcom keep changing the characters. Like they change the voice actors and character models. Are they not satisfied with anything they do?

well im glad you are at least aware of all this.

they are so inconsistent it pisses me off, and now that they've chosen a new consistent voice for wesker, it blows.

theres really no way to explain or justify the changes, they just happened, and they suck.

they basically just had him steal spencers plans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a question about Wesker...   I have a question about Wesker... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a question about Wesker...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2