HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Your opinions on "movie" Wesker

Go down 
+24
Jilly
chrisredfielmusculo
DeadlyGenetics
RebelliousQueen
PunkMaister
ChrisSherry
Methsia
Vandal
00biohazard
XXLadyXXofXXZombiesXX
Albert Wesker
Cyberote
Spike991
Sargent D
PAULSAMSON
ohmybasch
The Knife
Monster Mash
Ghost Leader
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
HUNK'syouruncle
RaviorStygian
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 4:11 pm

ohmybasch wrote:
Blame it on Capcom. Look at all the series they keep screwing up. Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Devil May Cry. The only good thing they have left is Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom, which are such simple games to make since they don't have the need to make an actual real storyline. Just goes to show you.
How did they screw up Devil May Cry? Last I checked the new game is a prequel.

I'm all for Capcom but there's one fault in there. If you're gonna go that way, why not add Street Fighter to the list? They are making a bazillion re-releases per game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

Playstation Network ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Cyberote wrote:
Meh. Movie Wesker is alright. I don't really like his voice too much though. His accent is a bit stronger than game Wesker's. I dunno how to explain it really.

Shawn's voice isn't that bad, it's just not really Wesker's "voice". I notice he tried to make an effort to do his accent but I actually didn't think it worked out in the end, he's not that talented as an actor unfortunately but he's definitely sexy as an actor <3 lol To me he's an ok actor in the end of the day.

Mass Distraction wrote:

How did they screw up Devil May Cry? Last I checked the new game is a prequel. I'm all for Capcom but there's one fault in there. If you're gonna go that way, why not add Street Fighter to the list? They are making a bazillion re-releases per game.

Well I'm not going to go into Devil May Cry, Tameem's a douchebag for giving Dante the same hairstyle as he has (even do I have it, but still, what a narcissistic d*ck). But yeah Street Fighter is just re-releases.

Honestly, Capcom is really a bad company. It's as if fans of Capcom games are in an "abusive" relationship with Capcom. Seriously, there was even a guy who worked for Capcom who was being incredibly rude to the fans when they were complaining about the DMC4 downloading thing that took like half hour to do. I mean, yeah the fans are being rude but as a company you can't get in the same level as the customers. Yet fans still took it like it was nothing.

Also, I'm really sick and tired of them making random new characters and never finishing their stories, never telling us what happens next, just look at the end of Dino Crisis 2, and Billy Coen, Rebecca, Carlos, Barry, Sherry, Steve, and waaay more characters who we're yet to see what happened to them. In my opinion, they're really lousy at story lines or writing in general, so many potholes, unfinished storylines, yet they keep adding more.

So yeah, Capcom is in fact to blame for a lot of the crap that's going on in their games. Sure they might be fu games, but in the end there is also fans who actually want a story, and Capcom can't provide good stories that aren't incomplete as far as I know. There are some games that did have good stories, yet they kept on making sequels and now Capcom has trapped themselves, they're stuck with these multiple stories that they don't know what to do with, their good people might be gone now and now they're like "Oh crap, what do we do?".
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 4:41 pm

I must say that I don't buy anything from Capcom unless I actually need to have it. For example, there's no reason for me to buy a plethera of SF2 releases when I still have it for PS2. I'm not going to buy something stupid like the re-release of Dead Rising 2 (although, apparently, fans wanted it) when I already have the original.

Btw. Dino Crisis 2 continued in Dino Stalker.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I must say that I don't buy anything from Capcom unless I actually need to have it. For example, there's no reason for me to buy a plethera of SF2 releases when I still have it for PS2. I'm not going to buy something stupid like the re-release of Dead Rising 2 (although, apparently, fans wanted it) when I already have the original.

Btw. Dino Crisis 2 continued in Dino Stalker.

Yeah, I'm actually not a Dead Rising fan. My brother is going to buy Operation Raccoon City because he loves the time back in Re where you were in the city shooting zombies, but that about does it for me with Capcom. As much as I love Resident Evil and all the other copycat games it spawned like Onimusha, to me, it's all over Sad

I've moved on and went with Square Enix. Currently waiting for FFXIII-2 Very Happy
Hopefully Santa gets me a PS3 of my own, or I get enough money on my 18th bday this month cheers

Oh and I haven't played Dino Stalker. I knew it's a prequel or whatever to DC2 but it doesn't have Regina in it I think and from what I heard it was kinda garbage.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:02 pm

ohmybasch wrote:
My brother is going to buy Operation Raccoon City because he loves the time back in Re where you were in the city shooting zombies, but that about does it for me with Capcom.
Oh and I haven't played Dino Stalker. I knew it's a prequel or whatever to DC2 but it doesn't have Regina in it I think and from what I heard it was kinda garbage.

yeah, I'll wait till ORC comes out before saying something good or bad about it, that's the way Capcom does it, too much expectation=ass, so I'll wait,

Wasn't Dino Stalker the third Gun Survivor game?? the first two being Resident Evil Surivor 1 and 2
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:14 pm

ohmybasch wrote:
I've hear the Survivor in itself is complete and utter garbage which turned out not to be the case. I think a few of the best moments in RE happened in those games.

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Wasn't Dino Stalker the third Gun Survivor game?? the first two being Resident Evil Surivor 1 and 2
Yep. Then followed by Dead Aim as the 4th.

Just for the record, I'm eagerly waiting for any news on RE6.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:18 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
yeah, I'll wait till ORC comes out before saying something good or bad about it, that's the way Capcom does it, too much expectation=ass, so I'll wait,

I actually saw some people playing ORC in Comic Con, it looked pretty cool but yeah, they hype things and then they're not that great.
The game kinda had a Dead Space look, and I think you could even stomp, I'm not sure.

And yes, I heard that Dino Stalker is considered the 3rd survivor game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:22 pm

ohmybasch wrote:
I think you could even stomp, I'm not sure.
In addition to various melee attacks, yes.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

I've hear the Survivor in itself is complete and utter garbage which turned out not to be the case. I think a few of the best moments in RE happened in those games.

Just for the record, I'm eagerly waiting for any news on RE6.

Well I guess to each his own.

I so don't care about RE6.

I heard somewhere it's suppose to be post apocalyptic and Jill and Leon are the main characters but I'm not sure if it's just rumors, hoax or whatever. If it's true, I still don't care.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:25 pm

A hoax it is. There's absolutely no info on the game whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:29 pm

That sounds like Extinction anyways.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Or the upcoming movie. *shudders*

Most likely a rumor spread by the movie fans.

Actually getting back on topic here, I wonder if they're going to bring Wesker back in the next one.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Whats the new movie about? I haven't been keeping up with that.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:40 pm

ohmybasch wrote:
Whats the new movie about? I haven't been keeping up with that.
I have absolutely no idea... There has been all kinds of announcements and it seems to be making less and less sense the more they reveal.

Have some threads, hope they help:

http://www.residentevilforums.net/t2890-ada-wong-to-replace-jill-valentine-in-retribution

http://www.residentevilforums.net/t3059-ok-this-is-just-stupid
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Most likely a rumor spread by the movie fans.

come on, we all know those fans don't exist...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Wasn't there talk about some "Anderson fanboys" the other day?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:59 pm

ohmybasch wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
im glad they killed him off though, cuz he was going nowhere and fast.

Blame it on Capcom. Look at all the series they keep screwing up. Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Devil May Cry. The only good thing they have left is Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom, which are such simple games to make since they don't have the need to make an actual real storyline. Just goes to show you.

I still think RE is an awesome series.

not screwed up. wesker was just one character that i feel was ruined, but re isnt nothing without him.

i actually think that capcom is getting back on track with their lineup.

rer, damnation, orc, etc.
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:30 am

I'll have to agree with Spike. Capcom seems to be getting their edge back with Revelations, Damnation and ORC. Though I still yearn for the return of zombies in a new addition to the storyline.

And as far as the new movie, it just seems they're throwing in RE characters for the sake of being able to call it Resident Evil. None of it is going to make sense. So far, I've heard Claire and Chris get kidnapped, Leon pops in somehow even though they killed him off in Apocalypse, Ada pops in looking for Leon, Barry somehow joins the fray, Las Plagas gets involved out of nowhwere, Alice fights Jill in Russia, zombies can now ride motorcycles and they're copying the Jeep chase scene from RE5 where the Majini chased them down on dirt bikes.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:40 am

This is a good time to be a Resident Evil fan indeed. All the HD remasters and new games and movies.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:28 pm

I guess you all are just die hard fans. I guess I'm not as big of a fan, and I don't think it's very smart to take whatever Capcom throws at you just because it says Resident Evil.

I'm more of an artsy person, so I view things in an artistic way, not as a gamer or a person who's just watching a movie for fun, so as an artist in mind, I tend to notice the story and setting before the actual gameplay or anything else. To me, every RE game just ends up opening a new door for another, and another and another, and there's an endless cycle of incomplete stories, that now I've just grown tired of. For example, RE5 didn't close the book on Wesker, it created the whole "Wesker Children" thing that I'm pretty darn sure they got from watching Advent Children and playing FFVII, seriously Rolling Eyes

These games had great potential to have fantastic stories, and most of them have great stories that are enjoyable, only they're INCOMPLETE. Capcom doesn't have writers who are talented enough to completely end a chapter of the series without having plot-holes. In my opinion, if you don't know how to make proper sequels, you should never make one.

This is advice to Paul WS Andersson as well, and I'm saying this as perfectionist and an aspiring writer. I'm currently working on a manga and a novel, and I wont be ready to submit them to any publisher until I know the sequels I have planned will completely end the series without any plot holes left behind, and who knows if I'll be working on this for the rest of my life, but I don't care because nobody wants another Dragon Ball Z or Twilight.

And it's not like I'm asking for perfection from the RE games, though, as I mentioned, I am a perfectionist.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:47 pm

I, for one, happen to enjoy the games for the story. I actually enjoy the fact that there are so many ways the story can progress Very Happy

I will propably buy most of the RE titles thrown at me but there's one reason: I enjoy great games with good and fun gameplay and intriguing plot. RE has always delivered just that, so I can safely assume I'm getting a quality product when buying a game. There has been only one RE that has disappointed me thus far and that's Survivor 2 (although I got it used years from it's release) and I'm not counting Missions as a full fedged game.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I, for one, happen to enjoy the games for the story. I actually enjoy the fact that there are so many ways the story can progress Very Happy.

Yeah I enjoy that too, but seriously, it's not that the story of RE is taking twists and turns, its that they're being lazy about it and so cliche. It feels like they're not even trying, I mean, when I heard "Wesker Children" I was like "♫ SEPHIROTH!!! ♫ *singing One Winged Angel*" And the fact that Wesker has light hair, a long leather coat, and wants to be a God (just like Sephiroth) isn't making it any more original. He also has Sephiroth's eyes, but red instead.

And again where's Steve, and how's Sherry in custody of Wesker, they should have put them in RE5. And then in UC they change it up so she's with the government, so Wesker's not only crazy but a liar too in Code Veronica. What the friggin heck is going on with Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Comparing RE to FF is going a bit far. Besides, they already had a "Sephiroth" and that's Morpheus. Those guys could be twins. I never got the Sephiroth feel from Wesker, not even after you mentioned it.

To me, Steve is dead. As for Sherry... Well, I have no excuse, I'm as confused as you are.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Comparing RE to FF is going a bit far. Besides, they already had a "Sephiroth" and that's Morpheus. Those guys could be twins. I never got the Sephiroth feel from Wesker, not even after you mentioned it.

I'm not comparing the games, they're different genres so they can't be compared that would be unfair, what is fair is comparing the villains, Sephiroth and Wesker and their background stories.

And really, you can't see it?

Here:

Sephiroth hates humans, he wishes to make a new world with him as God.

Wesker hates human, he wants to make a new world with him as God.

The only difference, Sephiroth wants to destroy Gaia and use it as a vassal to find a new world.
Wesker wants to infect the already existing world to make it a new world.

They both have cat eyes. The reason, Sephiroth has Mako and Jenova cells in his body that caused him to become stronger and gave him his trademark eyes.
Wesker has a virus in his body that caused him to become stronger and give him his cat eyes.

They both are experiments by super evil organizations, Shinra and Umbrella.

Shinra found an alien thought to be an "ancient" and started making super soldiers out of her cells. Thus Shinra created Sephiroth (born out of a woman named Lucrecia). Sephiroth doesn't learn of this until he's an adult. He was deceived as a child, he gets pissed, kills everyone.

Umbrella kidnapped many children who would become stronger better humans when experimented on. One of them was named Albert. Albert later as an adult finds out he's been deceived since he was young. He gets pissed and kills an old man.

They both wear long coats for some reason.

They both have some kind of yaoi thing going on with the main character (ok I made that up as a yaoi fangirl, but it's kinda true too).

Anyways, I like Resident Evil and Final Fantasy, and I love Wesker, he's my baby <3 but I can't be biased, he's totally Sephiroth in disguise.

And is Morpheus a girl or a boy, wtf Shocked
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:09 pm

I've been studying all day and decided to take a break in the forums...... your posts are too F**cking long, Razz , just a advice, these guys can't take any comparations with RE and other games..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on "movie" Wesker   Your opinions on "movie" Wesker - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your opinions on "movie" Wesker
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next