Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Brunelleschi says "hi!"

Go down 
+4
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
ace.redfield
Brunelleschi
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brunelleschi
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Brunelleschi says "hi!" Empty
PostSubject: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi, everyone!
My name is Bruno, I live in Brazil and I'm 13 years old. Despite having started to play Resident Evil about 2 years ago, I'm extremely addicted to the series. The first RE title I ever played was Resident Evil Archives Remake (Wii), I played this game non-stop until it became far too easy and I lost my patience (I must've completed it about 50 times), then I went on to Zero (completed 25 times), then to 4 (250 times, at least). I've played every main title of RE (nowadays I use Action Replay a lot). My opinion about the series is that the scientific side of everything is just so interesting, I loved the documents in REmake that explained the T-virus' effects, on Zero how it was discovered from the Progenitor, etc. I just didn't like 4 & 5 because the Las Plagas wasn't explained as well as the viruses. I think that Capcom should return to the REmake type of game (with puzzles, real terror, etc.), anyone who agrees with me write a comment or an opinion. Maybe a Lost in Nightmares kind of game because in 4 & 5 you simply shoot people. In REmake, there are a lot of puzzles and confusing stuff and a haunted mansion, that's what's so cool about RE, sometimes, you're walking down a dark corridor and you nearly fall of from your chair when a hunter bursts in from the window when you least expected it, that's what got me addicted to the series.

Thinking about reality, I think that the idea of the Uroboros project is correct and I've been studying about natural selection and stuff, I think that something like Uroboros could be created, I'd say that about 1 billion people should have accepted DNA and the rejected ones shouldn't mutate, but simply die. It's possible and it's the best way to preserve nature.

Sorry for writing so much...
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:58 am

hi welcome...

uroboros is possible.... maybe it's compatibility can depend upon the blood type
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:01 am

Hies to you too. I reckon I already welcomed you on the other thread.

I like your reason for not liking RE4&5. I'm ok with that as it's quite different than what I hear most of the time.

Long posts are okay. I tend to do them as well and it hasn't come back to haunt me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:19 am

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay.
Back to top Go down
Brunelleschi
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:30 am

ace.redfield wrote:
hi welcome...

uroboros is possible.... maybe it's compatibility can depend upon the blood type

I thought it'd rather be something (could be anything, a virus, bacteria, etc.) that would be made by:

First of all, Wikpedia said this about mutation: Mutations are caused by radiation, viruses, transposons and mutagenic chemicals, as well as errors that occur during meiosis or DNA replication.

Well, since, according to Wikipedia, mutations can be caused by viruses, something like the T-,T-Veronica or G- Viruses are possible, too.

I thought the first thing to find is to isolate and discover what these things have in common that cause mutation, for more info on mutation, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutation. Once we know what causes mutation, we'd have to go changing it with other chemicals and see the results because the mutations that exist are rarely beneficial. Who knows, one day, by testing the mutations when mixed with different stuff we could create the perfect BOW, a combination of the mutation agent with some chemical(s) that'd cause some great mutation.

Then the next thing to be done is to discover how to use natural selection process. For example: as you said, a compatibility thing, if the DNA is less fit for survival/is inferior, it'll cause some mutation/chemical reaction that would eventually kill the host (no mutating into a tentacle-monster), and when the DNA is superior/more fit for survival and better adapted, it'd cause some mutation that'd somehow improve the organism, and by that, I mean something like Wesker's powers (his virus also had the natural selection thing, only it was too selective). Also, it shouldn't be as selective as Uro, I'd say that it should be made in a way that would cause about 1 billion people to survive and kill the other 5,5 billion.

It's possible and it's the best way to preserve nature and stuff, overpopulation is what causes stuff like global warming (e.g.: 100 cars don't pollute that much, while 6 billion cars cause global warming), so it should be created and spread throughout the world.

It'd have to be done in secret, though, society won't accept that idea well.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:54 pm

what you posted reminds me of the first spiderman movie where pater parker (tobey maguire) was bitten by a mutated spider and gains powers... so that makes sense, las plagas, uroboros, T G virus mutation stuff is possible.. i also agree on the overpopulation stuff... thumbs up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brunelleschi
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:45 pm

ace.redfield wrote:
what you posted reminds me of the first spiderman movie where pater parker (tobey maguire) was bitten by a mutated spider and gains powers... so that makes sense, las plagas, uroboros, T G virus mutation stuff is possible.. i also agree on the overpopulation stuff... thumbs up Very Happy

I'm not quite sure about Las Plagas, they are supposed to have an organ used to sense sound waves created by a type of tissue that emit these sonic waves sensed only by the parasite (see Saddler's rod), now, I think it might be possible, but I have abolutely no idea how we could make the organs that emit and the ones that sense these sounds, sounds tricky...
Well, it's the same principle used in dog whistles.
There it is! The parasite probably could sense some type of frequency that no other living creature sensed. Now, I'm pretty sure the commands wouldn't be given by a rod like Saddler's (bad RE4 crap), it'd probably be a machine that emitted this special frequency...

I'll see what I can find on Wikipedia.

The parasite could attach itself to the main nervous system and take control of it, act as another brain and disable the organism's brain.
When it receives a command through the frequency, it would obey, and use the nervous system to do so, taking control over the organism.

No mutations like the El Gigante involved.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 2:03 pm

So, Brun, are you ok with this "natural" selection killing off you or your family or your significant other? Your idea sounds like a bad supervillain idea. More like unnatural selection.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Brunelleschi wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:
I'm not quite sure about Las Plagas, they are supposed to have an organ used to sense sound waves created by a type of tissue that emit these sonic waves sensed only by the parasite (see Saddler's rod), now, I think it might be possible, but I have abolutely no idea how we could make the organs that emit and the ones that sense these sounds, sounds tricky...
Well, it's the same principle used in dog whistles.
There it is! The parasite probably could sense some type of frequency that no other living creature sensed. Now, I'm pretty sure the commands wouldn't be given by a rod like Saddler's (bad RE4 crap), it'd probably be a machine that emitted this special frequency...
that's confusing, parasite hearing frequencies, you right about the rod crap, it could be just a small machine that can command those parasites.. but that's more likely to be nano-machines..
Brunelleschi wrote:

The parasite could attach itself to the main nervous system and take control of it, act as another brain and disable the organism's brain.
When it receives a command through the frequency, it would obey, and use the nervous system to do so, taking control over the organism.
i disagree on this, in one part in RE4, if i recall, saddler has control of leons plagas..
Back to top Go down
Brunelleschi
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:08 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
So, Brun, are you ok with this "natural" selection killing off you or your family or your significant other? Your idea sounds like a bad supervillain idea. More like unnatural selection.

I suppose it seems pretty evil, but, as I said, overpopulation is what causes 80% of the world's problems. I think it's necessary to kill some people. And think about it, the survivors will be able to dodge 100 bullets!!

I think it's inevitable, before it's too late. If we keep it the way it is, soon the world won't be sustainable and there won't be a single survivor, so I think killing off is our best survival option.

As Wesker said: "Every day, humans come 1 step closer to self-destruction!"
It's also Evolution
Call me mad, if you like!
Back to top Go down
Brunelleschi
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Oh, yes, ace.redfield, I didn't mean that Las Plagas was like that, but how it should be in reality.
By the way, nice idea on the nano-machines for controlling. It could be implanted on a person's brain and the person could just "think" a command and the infected'd obey!!

I think that creating Las Plagas would be far too evil, it's not necessary like Uroboros, and controlling people is a thing only Wesker'd be mad enough to do (and Saddler), so let's just keep it a nice idea... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Brunelleschi wrote:
Oh, yes, ace.redfield, I didn't mean that Las Plagas was like that, but how it should be in reality.
By the way, nice idea on the nano-machines for controlling. It could be implanted on a person's brain and the person could just "think" a command and the infected'd obey!!

I think that creating Las Plagas would be far too evil, it's not necessary like Uroboros, and controlling people is a thing only Wesker'd be mad enough to do (and Saddler), so let's just keep it a nice idea... Very Happy
i think wesker did control the infectees... remember the time when excella and wesker was at the boat, they weren't attacked by the majini's, they were just standing there guarding.... this is getting us nowhere
Brunelleschi wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

I suppose it seems pretty evil, but, as I said, overpopulation is what causes 80% of the world's problems. I think it's necessary to kill some people. And think about it, the survivors will be able to dodge 100 bullets!!

I think it's inevitable, before it's too late. If we keep it the way it is, soon the world won't be sustainable and there won't be a single survivor, so I think killing off is our best survival option.

As Wesker said: "Every day, humans come 1 step closer to self-destruction!"
It's also Evolution
Call me mad, if you like!

out of my topic but i want to say that's what we all should do, let's kill the useless people, a sacrifice
Back to top Go down
Brunelleschi
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:41 pm

I think so too. That's why something like Uroboros'd be the best way to do that. Going to the streets with a machinegun and kill everyone would be suicide, cops'd kill you before you kill 10 people.
Uroboros, however, is a thing that you'd secretly spread it and let the virus do the rest.
And it'll be the best way to choose who'll survive, the best will survive, the advanced.

So if it's to be done, it's to be done with something like Uroboros!!

Again, you can call me crazy!
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Brun, make sure you use the edit button to add stuff to your posts to avoid double posting. Also, overpopulation doesn't cause the world's problems. The lack of better technology and the bad decisions of humanity thus far is what causes the world's problems. 7 billion people on the earth would not be a problem if we were more advanced in thinking and technology. Also, who is to say who the "best" people are? The strongest? The smartest? The most wise? The fastest?
Back to top Go down
Brunelleschi
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:10 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Brun, make sure you use the edit button to add stuff to your posts to avoid double posting. Also, overpopulation doesn't cause the world's problems. The lack of better technology and the bad decisions of humanity thus far is what causes the world's problems. 7 billion people on the earth would not be a problem if we were more advanced in thinking and technology. Also, who is to say who the "best" people are? The strongest? The smartest? The most wise? The fastest?

What's double posting?

I suppose you're right, Uroboros'd be just a massacre... The thing is, we don't have any of the stuff you described that'd solve the world's problems, wish we did, still, Uroboros stuff is still a bit too intense and harsh.

The best people would be the ones with DNA that is superior/better adapted/more fit for survival, that's why Uroboros is good in that sense. It doesn't choose by strength, intelligence, etc., it chooses by DNA.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:46 am

Brunelleschi wrote:
What's double posting?
It's exactly what it says, sending two consequent posts instead of just one whole.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:58 am

Double posting is where you post something, and then post another comment directly after the first one. There should always be someone else's comment directly before and directly after your own. And what do you mean it chooses by DNA? Our DNA and genes is what makes us strong/smart/fast etc. You can't just program which traits you want to keep into a virus and let it loose.
Back to top Go down
Brunelleschi
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Double posting is where you post something, and then post another comment directly after the first one. There should always be someone else's comment directly before and directly after your own. And what do you mean it chooses by DNA? Our DNA and genes is what makes us strong/smart/fast etc. You can't just program which traits you want to keep into a virus and let it loose.

The Uroboros virus'd choose who survives and who dies depending on the organisms DNA, if the organism's DNA is suerior, he'll survive. And if a person has inferior DNA, he'll die, probably because of some mutation or chemical reaction that caused by the virus that causes death. It's like a compatibility thing. And true, you can't just program a virus, but you can change it using other chemicals to make its effects different. That's how the T-, G- and T-Veronica viruses were discovered.
The results are unpredictable but one day we could create the perfect BOW or perfect Uroboros virus, but it's better just to keep it an idea, We don't want to have to survive 6 billion zombies! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Brunelleschi wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

The Uroboros virus'd choose who survives and who dies depending on the organisms DNA, if the organism's DNA is suerior, he'll survive. And if a person has inferior DNA, he'll die, probably because of some mutation or chemical reaction that caused by the virus that causes death. It's like a compatibility thing. And true, you can't just program a virus, but you can change it using other chemicals to make its effects different. That's how the T-, G- and T-Veronica viruses were discovered.
The results are unpredictable but one day we could create the perfect BOW or perfect Uroboros virus, but it's better just to keep it an idea, We don't want to have to survive 6 billion zombies! Very Happy

Welcome to REF.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:34 am

I'm asking what would make the person's DNA superior? A mere immunity to the virus? What is superior? Answer that.
Back to top Go down
Brunelleschi
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:40 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I'm asking what would make the person's DNA superior? A mere immunity to the virus? What is superior? Answer that.

I'm not quite sure, but I think that it'd be a DNA more fit for survival, or better adapted to the environment, something like that.
The idea is the DNA of a person who has more chance of survival in the environmental and atmospheric conditions the organism lives with, the ones who have had more evolution than others.

That's my opinion and my deduction, just that. The guy who has had more evolution will have a superior DNA that is more likely to survive because it has evoluted (maybe slightly) to help the organism live with his conditions, both atmospheric and environmental.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Welcome to REF
Also but everyone's DNA has adapted to live with the eviromental and atompsheric condiction of
there area.
Arabs are adapted to extreme heat and the way there country is, were on the other hand we would
perish or not live so well in dessert areas.
Siberians can handle extreme cold condictions were most people would also find it
hard to live there, and some times the winters can drop to -50 degress
that kind of temprature freezes and breaks metal.
Also what about people in dangerous ghetto areas in the world ?
they adapted to be being street wise and the way of living around there to survive
were a normal person would most likely be killed,robbed or not handle staying
in that enviroment.
You cant really choose superior DNA because we all have evovled tremendously over the
past million years to were we are now and each and everyone of us has adapted to
our countrys eviroment, so in my eyes nobody has superior DNA,
Some people (in rare cases ) have better DNA than most of us in the world, but we all have
our special trates that makes us who we are and makes us indivduals and bring something new to this world.
So I disagree with the whole natural selection thing.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Brun, you do realize that in Wesker's plan, the people who successfully bonded with Uroboros would not be people with superior DNA right? Nowhere does it say that "superior DNA" was the key to Uroboros. It was just people with the correct biological chemistry that would bond successfully. After they bonded, THEN they would be superior and Wesker would rule over them. So your argument doesn't even really fall in line with Uroboros.
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi, Brunelleschi.

The issue I have is the use of the term "superior" when talking about evolution. Mcghie is somewhat correct, since it's entirely based on whether or not the DNA/traits exhibited is suited to the environment. The ones who have an adaptation to a specific condition would have an advantage in that environment only. Not any other circumstances. Using an example involving Resident Evil: those who could survive Uroboros infection may not be able to survive, say, being infected with the t-Virus.

NiteKrawler also has a point. What would be considered the best of people? People's values differ wildly. Some may think knowledge and curiosity is important. Others may think physical prowess is important. The US insists having a cutthroat attitude in business is important, while Japan emphasizes group harmony. Who decides it, then?

Another example of good in one instance, bad in another is a real life one: Sickle cell anemia. It may be bad. But it is useful in places with Malaria, since it prevents the infection from attacking blood cells. As it turns out, though, people who have a full blown case have more problems than those who carry the trait (it's a recessive trait). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sickle-cell_disease#Malaria_chemoprophylaxis

But I disagree with the idea that people who live in Siberia versus Arabic countries are adapted to the temperature with DNA, Mcghie. I live in an area that has weather that is bipolar at best, while still having general seasonal trends. People get used to the weather/temperature of the environments they live in over a short amount of time. (People thinking it's shorts weather when its in the 40s out during winter, but then thinking it's very nippy pants weather in the summer.) DNA and evolution don't work that fast. Skin color is a several thousand year adaptation itself, based on how much sunlight a group got over that time period. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skin_color
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Patronum is absolutely correct. Where do you live Pat? The way you described the weather, you could live in Indiana like me lol. The weather here is just absurd. And it is true about people adapting very quickly. When we go from hot end of summer into cool beginning of fall, everyone is freezing. The temperature? Usually about 55 degrees. BUT...when we are going from freezing spring to warmer beginning of summer, everyone is wearing T-shirts and shorts. The temperature? Usually about 45-50 degrees. The point is that humans adapt fairly well to different climates fairly quickly. How else could humans inhabit so many places on earth?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brunelleschi says "hi!"   Brunelleschi says "hi!" Empty

Back to top Go down

Brunelleschi says "hi!"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Important Announcements :: Introductions-
Jump to: