Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... Empty
PostSubject: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 3:06 pm

I was just playing RE2 Claire A scenario and came upon a fax sent to Chris by Jack Hamilton, "Section Chief of the Internal Investigations United States Federal Police Department". Now that made me wonder, is Hamilton just a really common last name or is there something else. There are two other Hamiltons encountered in the series: George, a surgeon in Raccoon hospital, and Tyler, a rookie cop (quite possibly in RPD).

Is this some thing with Capcom or am I just looking too deep into this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:44 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I was just playing RE2 Claire A scenario and came upon a fax sent to Chris by Jack Hamilton, "Section Chief of the Internal Investigations United States Federal Police Department". Now that made me wonder, is Hamilton just a really common last name or is there something else. There are two other Hamiltons encountered in the series: George, a surgeon in Raccoon hospital, and Tyler, a rookie cop (quite possibly in RPD).

Is this some thing with Capcom or am I just looking too deep into this.

hhhmm Rolling Eyes interesting, maybe its just because the translaters thought that hamilton was a common western surname,
because we all know how little the japanese really knew about us back in the 90's lol
also It could be someone that is part of the devolpment team, maybe a script editor that snuck his second name in whenever he had the chance, or even capcom just choicing that name then getting lazy and just putting it in for quickness.
This is a pretty good find got me pondering now Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 6:11 am

Mcghie wrote:
also It could be someone that is part of the devolpment team, maybe a script editor that snuck his second name in whenever he had the chance
That's what I was thinking... That could be. A thing like Noob Saibot and Hornbuckle in Mortal Kombat.

I wonder if we're going to meet more Hamiltons in the future of RE.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 7:10 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
also It could be someone that is part of the devolpment team, maybe a script editor that snuck his second name in whenever he had the chance
That's what I was thinking... That could be. A thing like Noob Saibot and Hornbuckle in Mortal Kombat.

I wonder if we're going to meet more Hamiltons in the future of RE.

That is a good example lol
Only time will tell, if operation racoon city doesnt have hamilton but a new resident evil from capcom has the name snuck in there then it will be vey clear that a sneaky little script writer is promoting himself in the game LOL
but in all seriosness if you were working for capcom and knew could code your name into a RE game wouldn't you do the same ? Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Raccoon wasn't a very big city. In all reality, it could have been a family. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:23 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Raccoon wasn't a very big city. In all reality, it could have been a family. Razz

[left] Thats another good point Smile That never even crossed my mind lol, and
I know its just a little mountain town but capcom F'D up the script in the games
because have you ever noticed that in every RE game, "that supposedely" small mountain town
keeps progressing into massive city LoL like its small in RE2 then RE3 it suddenlly is some big city lol
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Well in every depiction of the town in the games, it shows it as a relatively small one.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 3:26 pm

hamilton is just a used up name.. game developers such as capcom recycle so much stuff... just look at how much we see chocobo's in squares final fantasy, as well as the items such as potions and gysals.. that maybe the case..
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:47 pm

ace.redfield wrote:
hamilton is just a used up name.. game developers such as capcom recycle so much stuff... just look at how much we see chocobo's in squares final fantasy, as well as the items such as potions and gysals.. that maybe the case..

Yeah. Look how many zombies we see in Resident Evil. And how many cars are in Grand Theft Auto. Recycling needs to go.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:12 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:

Yeah. Look how many zombies we see in Resident Evil. And how many cars are in Grand Theft Auto. Recycling needs to go.

Yeah I know what you mean but with the PSX you didn't have as good a data limit as with todays consoles, if your a modder or hacker you will know what I am talking about, like if your modding RE2 you can have 32 of the same zombie in the main hall at one time but the game would start to go wrong if you try and use multiple different zombie types, also on another note the amount of data you need to write for the smallest things makes it a long process so DEV's just think you know what lets recycle a model and code because never recycling would take years and years of developing and probally wouldn't be able to fit it on a disk or the amount of stress it would cause on the game would effect the graphics and game engine and you would get glitching,severe lagging and majority of the time crashes. Anyway that was way to much info just basically would be nice if they never used to much of the same things in games but it just needs to be that way just now till game systems and technology progresses.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:07 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:

I can almost feel the sarcasm.

@ace: Chocobos are the mascots of Final Fantasy so of course they use them in most of the games. And potions are... umm... well, they're potions. There are not too many names they could come up with the things when there are a bazillion games in the series.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:04 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:

@ace: Chocobos are the mascots of Final Fantasy so of course they use them in most of the games. And potions are... umm... well, they're potions. There are not too many names they could come up with the things when there are a bazillion games in the series.

square might have also used so much stuff like magicites and crystals

... like herbs and rocket launchers..
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:22 am

ace.redfield wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:

square might have also used so much stuff like magicites and crystals

... like herbs and rocket launchers..
The crystals are a recurring theme which adds some consistency to the series as most of the games take place in different worlds and have nothing else in common. Like the character Cid, who appears in most of the games.

Herbs... Well, the same thing as with potions. And when in need of a powerful weapon, what better than a rocket launcher. Besides, we've had different weapon like the Railgun before. Yet again, a recurring theme. I wouldn't call it recycling in that sense.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:42 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

The crystals are a recurring theme which adds some consistency to the series as most of the games take place in different worlds and have nothing else in common. Like the character Cid, who appears in most of the games.

Herbs... Well, the same thing as with potions. And when in need of a powerful weapon, what better than a rocket launcher. Besides, we've had different weapon like the Railgun before. Yet again, a recurring theme. I wouldn't call it recycling in that sense.

i wouldn't either since you can use it in RE3.. and in final fantasy there's elemental spells that can be similar to m97's fire, freeze, bolt etc. rounds
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:52 am

Similar to... what?
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Similar to... what?

fire = flame rounds
ice = freeze rounds
thunder = bolt rounds
poison = acid rounds or anti BOW rounds maybe?

i know it sounds weird to compare XD
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Ooooh, now I got it. Well, I think they're just the base attributes in almost anything from fantasy to horror Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:33 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ooooh, now I got it. Well, I think they're just the base attributes in almost anything from fantasy to horror Very Happy

yes they are..
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Nothing really relevant to say here, just want to point out that sig Ace, I've never seen one of the live action cerberus' like that, seeing the eyes and all.Smile
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 2:12 am

Spike991 wrote:
Nothing really relevant to say here, just want to point out that sig Ace, I've never seen one of the live action cerberus' like that, seeing the eyes and all.Smile

the cerberus looks great though the 90's effect ruined everything, specially those bloody effects
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:35 am

ace.redfield wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

the cerberus looks great though the 90's effect ruined everything, specially those bloody effects

Haha yeah all ninties films had too much fake fog to set a ambiance
If you ask me it was much and a tad bit cheesy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:13 am

Mcghie wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

The 90s had too much of that? Try going back to 80s Very Happy Ever seen Evil Dead?
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:40 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

The 90s had too much of that? Try going back to 80s Very Happy Ever seen Evil Dead?

yes, i remembered my dad playing it.. creepy but those skeletons made me laugh.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:48 am

I was talking about the movies. Those were foggy as hell.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:58 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I was talking about the movies. Those were foggy as hell.

ahh.. well i don't like evil dead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...   Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next