HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)

Go down 
+10
weskersbarber
Jamesy
ChrisSherry
Spike991
chocotricks
Jacen Dex
ace.redfield
Mass Distraction
NiteKrawler
sirjibbs323
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:16 pm

I understand where you are coming from, people argue that a lot of series that I like, are just copies of each other.

But I think I've derailed the Thread enough.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:33 pm

The Joker wrote:
I understand where you are coming from, people argue that a lot of series that I like, are just copies of each other.

But I think I've derailed the Thread enough.

The only people who would really say that RE5 is just a carbon copy of RE4, are probably mainstream gamers....and I dislike that.

Regarding a video game series, there doesn't have to be tons and tons of changes between each release. That attitude is possibly what kills certain things in series, perhaps makes it take a few steps in the wrong direction. Obviously not RE4.

Some stuff in RE5. But yeah, that mentality should have no bearing on the series that other people love for what they are.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Agreed. People do the same thing with MGS
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:49 pm

The Joker wrote:
Agreed. People do the same thing with MGS

Do they?

Perhaps they do, now that I think about it. I mean MGS4....if you've played it, I've only played a bit, certainly changes it's control scheme as well as the overall way of playing, possibly in favor of being easier for newbies to pick up.

Otherwise, they always had seem to do their own thing, and not worry if you hadn't played previous games. As everyone knows, if you miss out on even a single MGS game, you'll be pretty lost. I love that they do that, not make people get lost while playing games, but make it so that the number 1 priority, are the fans.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Yes I said that a while back in this site Razz

If you miss a single Game you will have no idea what is going on, but 4 just seemed like it didn't give a shit about that formula, 4 was forgettable to me, and pissed me off as a long time fan, for a couple reasons

1. Snake, He looks like Mr. rogers in a sneaking suit, why the gay mustache?!? but that's just because I would rather see snake with his full beard and looking as good as he normally does, but
Spoiler:

2. NO SNEAKING NEEDED, this game removed sneaking almost completely. I started doing what I normally did in the old MGS games, and could not progress because I needed to go through heavy traffic areas. I understand this takes place in a war zone, but seriously, let me fucking sneak!!!

3. CODEC START SCREEN MOVED!! I can not tell you how many times I tried accessing the codec only to find the controls menu. I don't understand how they can have SELECT being the Codec screen for 3 games and decide to not do it anymore. WHAT THE HELL KOJIMA!?

4. New characters that made me snore
Spoiler:
but the newer characters where just stupid. The arms dealer guy was just dumb, him and his hairless monkey.

and 5. Title cards...I know this is nit picking, but Kojima did this Japanese Paint stroke art style with the title cards, and it just did not fit MGS.

That was a bit of a rant, but I was really disappointed with MGS4
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:59 pm

Kojima did the same exact thing with MGS that Ubi did with Splinter Cell and Capcom did with Resident Evil, he altered the formula to appease casual gamers who are looking for a more CoD-esque experience rather than the specific theme that the franchise was built on, that being stealth espionage stuff. Basically he sold out, like a lot of game developers are these days.

On the topic of Billy Coen... Yeah, I really don't care if he survived or not, but there's absolutely no reason to bring him back.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Kojima did the same exact thing with MGS that Ubi did with Splinter Cell and Capcom did with Resident Evil, he altered the formula to appease casual gamers who are looking for a more CoD-esque experience rather than the specific theme that the franchise was built on, that being stealth espionage stuff. Basically he sold out, like a lot of game developers are these days.

I hate that. I noticed it a bit with MGS4, didn't play much Splinter Cell....and we see more and more of this in RE5.

Ghost Leader wrote:
On the topic of Billy Coen... Yeah, I really don't care if he survived or not, but there's absolutely no reason to bring him back.

I remember discussing this before. I agree though, they would have to go out of their way to bring him back. I wouldn't mind, as I liked him, but unnecessary is the word.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Spike991 wrote:
I hate that. I noticed it a bit with MGS4, didn't play much Splinter Cell....and we see more and more of this in RE5.
Play SC: Conviction and you'll see what I mean. It's a good game, but it deviates waaay too much from previous SCs.

Quote :
I remember discussing this before. I agree though, they would have to go out of their way to bring him back. I wouldn't mind, as I liked him, but unnecessary is the word.
Yeah, I vaguely remember a similar discussion, too. Beyond Rebecca and events in RE0, Billy has no connection to the overall plot of Resident Evil. The only reason he was present in RE0 was because his transport was in the right place at the right time. Had the vehicle been delayed even 60 seconds at some point, he very likely would have made it to wherever he was being taken and been executed as planned.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:18 pm

[quote="Ghost Leader"]Play SC: Conviction and you'll see what I mean. It's a good game, but it deviates waaay too much from previous SCs.[quote]

I've seen pictures. Fisher has that, 'somebody kidnapped my kid' look. 5 o'clock shadow, untamed hair. Kind of like Chris, except that was more of a, 'somebody stole my Jill' kind of thing.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Yeah, I vaguely remember a similar discussion, too. Beyond Rebecca and events in RE0, Billy has no connection to the overall plot of Resident Evil. The only reason he was present in RE0 was because his transport was in the right place at the right time. Had the vehicle been delayed even 60 seconds at some point, he very likely would have made it to wherever he was being taken and been executed as planned.

Or the wrong place at the wrong time....

Speaking of though, in Damnation, at the end of the trailer, there is a guy, who some, even myself to an extent, suspect could be Billy. It takes place in Europe by the way.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Ghost is really on the ball with SC

I played pandora tomorrow first, and went from there.

Conviction is a great game and all, but it NOTHING like the other games. It is like playing Assassins creed, mixed with Batman.

Not joking, the hiding in the dark was already used the some games so I can forgive that, but the action was really different.

And I agree with you on the point of Kojima selling out a bit too. He did, but I guess when it comes to Continuity and money, money will always win :'(
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:28 pm

Another thing about MGS4, is that apparently they were just trying to tie up all the loose ends.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:30 pm

yeah...they didn't do a great job.

And now raiden gets the spot light....There is no god....
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:35 pm

The Joker wrote:
yeah...they didn't do a great job.

And now raiden gets the spot light....There is no god....

I was never a huge Raiden fan, but I don't hate him. The few bits I saw of him in MGS4 were....different, more on par with Jaeger.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:40 pm

I can not stand him...I know this sounds closed mined but I think MGS should just be left with Snake/Big Boss.

If they are going to kill of Solid snake, then Bring Back some Flashback games with Naked Snake.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:49 pm

The Joker wrote:
I can not stand him...I know this sounds closed mined but I think MGS should just be left with Snake/Big Boss.

If they are going to kill of Solid snake, then Bring Back some Flashback games with Naked Snake.

I think there were some PSP games that did that.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:51 pm

I know there were
Portable ops.
Peace walker.

I am just saying Don't give Raiden the showtime again. And the next game will have no sneaking just letting you know.

Hey I gotta sleep spike, I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:52 pm

The Joker wrote:
I know there were
Portable ops.
Peace walker.

I am just saying Don't give Raiden the showtime again. And the next game will have no sneaking just letting you know.

Hey I gotta sleep spike, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Early this time huh? Yeah, later.Smile

I don't want him as a main character....I mean SoL was great, obviously not because of Raiden, but despite, or just with him.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:08 am

Spike991 wrote:
I was never a huge Raiden fan, but I don't hate him. The few bits I saw of him in MGS4 were....different, more on par with Jaeger.
Raiden "on par" with Gray Fox? That's hilarious. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:20 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Raiden "on par" with Gray Fox? That's hilarious. Laughing

I'm a comedien aren't I?Smile

I meant in his presentation, and deadliness....obviously he isn't as cool as Cyborg Ninja, a.k.a. Deepthroat.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:08 am

Ah, Gray Fox, one of my favorite ninjas... Raiden has no chance on him, althouhg he's a lot cooler now compared to when he first appeared.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:20 am

I hated Raiden in MGS2, I still hate him today.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:27 am

Thank you Ghost....I can't stand him.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:58 am

I never got into MGS at all, but the new MGS Rising looks cool. Now, I know it's wayyyy different than the other MGS games, I just like this cutting mechanic. I mean...if they can do it in this game, then I think they should begin implementing the system in Star Wars games. I have always wanted my lightsabers to actually cut things.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:04 pm

Well for old time fans of MGS a good number of us are pissed that they are selling out the series like this.

MGS was meant to be a Sneaking game, not a beat-em-up. But I guess they have to attract more people to the series. Too bad they have to completely destroy what they had going.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:26 pm

I know what you mean. If it wasn't for this new cutting mechanic, I wouldn't be interested at all. It's just that this could have such an impact on the future of gaming, that I really want to try it. Too bad it has to be in a MGS game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next