HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?

Go down 
+21
LindaWesker19
MSR
Bulls-3ye
PWNERX
Ssplain
Sargent D
Resident_evil5
Las_Fergus
Ghost Leader
Patronum1121
Deagle50
Mr Sera
GreggKennedy
Spike991
BOBLATHON
MrMorrill
NiteKrawler
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
nicksena17
ace.redfield
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GreggKennedy
Zombie
Zombie
GreggKennedy

Playstation Network none

what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
GreggKennedy wrote:
The simplest thing to do is to get to high ground, equip a heavy machinegun and shoot at their heads one by one. Need I say more?
Good idea but the only problem with that is you need a crap ton of ammo to survive for lengthy periods of time.

Yeah haha
Back to top Go down
Mr Sera
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Mr Sera

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:08 am

I'd grap the nearest melee weapon and hide in a cupboard with a small supply of food.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:05 am

Mr Sera wrote:
I'd grap the nearest melee weapon and hide in a cupboard with a small supply of food.
That doesnt sound like a very good plan at all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Quite counterproductive indeed.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Anyone using any of the movies as a basis for a survival plan, I wan't to know your location so I can come take all your shit when you die within a few hours of the outbreak.

All this reminds me.... I need to go get a generator and horde some fuel.
I would take said generator and fuel to a fine ass restaraunt and secure that bitch for a few days and get fat on steaks and other fine eats.

I will need popsicles as well.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:06 am

I would try to reach my most trusted friends,grab my mauser and my SIG along with some water and lentils(nuts,beans,ect),jack a large car,and find someway out of the US.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:09 am

Deagle50 wrote:
I would try to reach my most trusted friends,grab my mauser and my SIG along with some water and lentils(nuts,beans,ect),jack a large car,and find someway out of the US.
...unless the rest of the world got it too.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:17 am

But the US wouldn't be a good place to be.The gov. will probably try to kill us all,especially immigrants,GI's,and the old/children.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:15 am

Deagle50 wrote:
But the US wouldn't be a good place to be.The gov. will probably try to kill us all,especially immigrants,GI's,and the old/children.
Touche. I prefer just staying in this middle-of-nowhere-town.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:18 am

I don't think the .gov would try to kill us directly.... just make us accept the zombies and enact a shit ton of protective laws and treat them as protected class of citizens. Deagle...another one of the "southern folk"
I like the way you think.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:33 am

BOBLATHON wrote:
I don't think the .gov would try to kill us directly.... just make us accept the zombies and enact a shit ton of protective laws and treat them as protected class of citizens
Have you read a comic named Dead Eyes Open? It deals with that exact situation and I'd say it's one of the best written comic I've ever read.
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:51 am

...Depends on where I'm at and other circumstances. I could see something like Outbreak happen, where everyone, even the ones with a plan, are caught completely off guard. Let's face it, if zombies were shuffling around, people would be in denial. No Umbrella conspiracy needed. Wink

I have never shot a gun, so I'd probably stick to melee weapons, but avoid fighting whenever possible. If stuck in a large city, I would get the hell out of there on foot. Cars would probably wreck early in, making the highways unusable or nearly so for vehicles (think ZSG and the Raccoon City Incident).

Food and water would be a problem, since you would either have to find what you could or carry it with you. If you scavenge it, you may get something that's contaminated or not find anything, since other survivors would have the same idea. If you carry it, you'd start to get tired lugging it around, while fighting or running from undead.

Small groups would work better, but there's always the chance that people won't get along. I'm thinking of something like in Outbreak. Certain characters do not get along at all with each other and the AI will leave you to die based on what character you pick. Now imagine that for a week in real life. Or a month. Or a year. Add exhaustion and stress to the mix. Someone is going to snap and try to kill one of the other survivors.

Where are you going to find spare ammunition? You can only feasibly carry so much on your person. It wouldn't be like the games, which have random ammunition lying around. Other people are also going to look for ammunition, too. They may have gotten to it before you. If it's something rarer, it's harder to find ammunition for it, like machine gun or grenade launcher ammo.

Also: http://www.cracked.com/article/126_5-popular-zombie-survival-tactics-that-will-get-you-killed/?wa_user1=2&wa_user2=Science&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=recommended
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Deagle50 wrote:
Why? That makes no sense, not for a centralized government of any kind, tyrannical or not. If the outbreak was concentrated in a single spot (say a city) and risked spreading wider, then yeah, they might firebomb the city in order to destroy the infection despite any uninfected people still trapped inside (the same basic situation that occurred in 28 Weeks Later when Rage broke out in the green zone and RE3 when Raccoon City was nuked off the face of the earth), but that's not the same thing as actively trying to kill the uninfected apparently just for the lulz.

Now if the central government had collapsed and everyone was out for themselves, it'd be logical for pockets of survivors (not just civilians, but even police, National Guard, and military) to consolidate in "fortresses" (i.e., prisons, banks, etc.) and turn lethal force on any outsiders that attempt to join them. It's human instinct to survive at any cost.

But a functioning central government deciding to outright kill everything, infected or not, is illogical and pointless. What's there to defend after such an act? Money? Your sports car collection? Definitely not people, that's for sure. The real wealth would be in human life and resources to sustain it. Civilization would be the only thing worth protecting. Why actively try to destroy it? I'll be the first to admit that no government, not even the United States', is perfect or an angelic symbol of righteousness, but they wouldn't be that dumb.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:
I don't think the .gov would try to kill us directly.... just make us accept the zombies and enact a shit ton of protective laws and treat them as protected class of citizens
Have you read a comic named Dead Eyes Open? It deals with that exact situation and I'd say it's one of the best written comic I've ever read.

I have not. Sadly, I fall way behind in the comic and graphic novel world.... I haven't even picked up a single Walking Dead Book. I do love books about the subject tho (World War Z, Day By Day; Armageddon) so I need to check this stuff out. I'd much rather read then watch it on TV anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:59 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:

I have not. Sadly, I fall way behind in the comic and graphic novel world.... I haven't even picked up a single Walking Dead Book. I do love books about the subject tho (World War Z, Day By Day; Armageddon) so I need to check this stuff out. I'd much rather read then watch it on TV anyway.
In that case I seriously recommend reading Dead Eyes Open. I happened to stumble upon it after I bought a massive collection book of zombie related comics called The Mammoth Book of Zombie Comics. In retrospect, that must've been one of the best purchases I've ever made.
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Deagle50 wrote:
Why? That makes no sense, not for a centralized government of any kind, tyrannical or not. If the outbreak was concentrated in a single spot (say a city) and risked spreading wider, then yeah, they might firebomb the city in order to destroy the infection despite any uninfected people still trapped inside (the same basic situation that occurred in 28 Weeks Later when Rage broke out in the green zone and RE3 when Raccoon City was nuked off the face of the earth), but that's not the same thing as actively trying to kill the uninfected apparently just for the lulz.

Now if the central government had collapsed and everyone was out for themselves, it'd be logical for pockets of survivors (not just civilians, but even police, National Guard, and military) to consolidate in "fortresses" (i.e., prisons, banks, etc.) and turn lethal force on any outsiders that attempt to join them. It's human instinct to survive at any cost.

But a functioning central government deciding to outright kill everything, infected or not, is illogical and pointless. What's there to defend after such an act? Money? Your sports car collection? Definitely not people, that's for sure. The real wealth would be in human life and resources to sustain it. Civilization would be the only thing worth protecting. Why actively try to destroy it? I'll be the first to admit that no government, not even the United States', is perfect or an angelic symbol of righteousness, but they wouldn't be that dumb.

To be fair, the Governments of this world are probably capable and willing to do it. My uncle works in physics, and is highly respected in his field, works in CERN in Geneva. He has one of those envelopes somewhere, and in the case of World War or worldwide disaster, he has to open this envelope, as do a select number of professional people in many areas of expertise, and the letter outlines bunkers hidden in every country, where only these select few individuals are privvy to there whereabouts.

I think this goes to show that the Governments of the world are already prepared for such events, whether it be Zombie Apocalypse or Nuclear War, and are willing to save only a select few. Maybe the wouldn't outright order the killing of everybody, but it's as good as saying "you all have to fend for yourself, and only us people on the list can survive."

And for those that are skeptical of this, I NOT taking the piss. This is an actual precaution for the most "prized" individuals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frequencymusic.wordpress.com
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:32 pm

@ Mass. Yes, that sounds like a wonderful purchase. With a name like that, I would have done the same. I will have to check em out.

@ LasFergus. That sounds about right. "Here, fend for yourselves" followed by "Problem solved, now get back in line bitches." If this were to happen, and the Government abandoned the citizens, I wonder how many would hold a grudge vs how many would fall right back in line like simple sheep?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:40 am

Las_Fergus wrote:
To be fair, the Governments of this world are probably capable and willing to do it. My uncle works in physics, and is highly respected in his field, works in CERN in Geneva. He has one of those envelopes somewhere, and in the case of World War or worldwide disaster, he has to open this envelope, as do a select number of professional people in many areas of expertise, and the letter outlines bunkers hidden in every country, where only these select few individuals are privvy to there whereabouts.

I think this goes to show that the Governments of the world are already prepared for such events, whether it be Zombie Apocalypse or Nuclear War, and are willing to save only a select few. Maybe the wouldn't outright order the killing of everybody, but it's as good as saying "you all have to fend for yourself, and only us people on the list can survive."

And for those that are skeptical of this, I NOT taking the piss. This is an actual precaution for the most "prized" individuals.
What you're talking about is, in basic terms, a continuity of species plan in case of a global disaster of apocalyptic magnitude (e.g., asteroid/comet strike, magnetic pole shit, etc.). Governments of the world have had one for as long as anyone knows. But "fend for yourself" isn't in any way equivalent to "we're gonna kill all you bitches just because we can!"
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:42 am

new plan!! get on a big boat!! arcadia!!

or maybe an airship!
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:10 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:

What you're talking about is, in basic terms, a continuity of species plan in case of a global disaster of apocalyptic magnitude (e.g., asteroid/comet strike, magnetic pole shit, etc.). Governments of the world have had one for as long as anyone knows. But "fend for yourself" isn't in any way equivalent to "we're gonna kill all you bitches just because we can!"

Yeah I know, but my uncle said the majority of these people that have a pass to live in the event of an "apocalypse," are either very elderly, or just hitting elderly, as their are barely any "geniuses" in the younger generation that are yet to get acclaim to be classed as worth saving for the future of an intelligent race. There are some obviously, but again, the majority are men, and some women.

The majority are men, and the majority are elderly, or getting there ... doesn't say much for the future of mankind lol.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Las_Fergus wrote:
Yeah I know, but my uncle said the majority of these people that have a pass to live in the event of an "apocalypse," are either very elderly, or just hitting elderly, as their are barely any "geniuses" in the younger generation that are yet to get acclaim to be classed as worth saving for the future of an intelligent race. There are some obviously, but again, the majority are men, and some women.

The majority are men, and the majority are elderly, or getting there ... doesn't say much for the future of mankind lol.
That's all beside the point anyway. While the government probably wouldn't do their absolute best to rescue everyone in the event of a world-wide zombie outbreak, they most definitely wouldn't kick the football and kill everything that moves just for shits and giggles.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:

That's all beside the point anyway. While the government probably wouldn't do their absolute best to rescue everyone in the event of a world-wide zombie outbreak, they most definitely wouldn't kick the football and kill everything that moves just for shits and giggles.

I believe that's fair..... BUT, I do believe they would throw us under the bus and just expect us to get back in line if/when the situation was brought back under control. How many would willingly just get back in line, versus how many would say "Fuck you, you left us to die and we've done just fine on our own."?

I don't typically like to get involved in political/religious debates, but this interests me.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:11 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
I don't think the .gov would try to kill us directly.... just make us accept the zombies and enact a shit ton of protective laws and treat them as protected class of citizens. Deagle...another one of the "southern folk"
I like the way you think.
I was born in the south,the south part of Quebec.lol.I just live in shithole TN.That's why I included "immigrants" in the list of people the US would gladly kill off.Did you remember seeing that in my intro?
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:01 am

BOBLATHON wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:

I believe that's fair..... BUT, I do believe they would throw us under the bus and just expect us to get back in line if/when the situation was brought back under control. How many would willingly just get back in line, versus how many would say "Fuck you, you left us to die and we've done just fine on our own."?

I don't typically like to get involved in political/religious debates, but this interests me.

I agree completely, this interests me.

Has anyone ever seen the film Doomsday? It's not apocalyptic, as it sounds ... it's basically that a virus breaks loose in Scotland, and England decide to built a giant wall at the border of the country to stop the spread. Trade and all livelihood cease in Scotland, and the country basically wants to kill authority for leaving them to suffer. It basically turns into a country or cannibalistic anarchists Razz

@Ghost - I never said they would outright kill people, I said in my first or second post that they would be more likely to just shut us out, rather than plain shoot us all up.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Seen Doomsday,and this is pretty interesting.But I'm sure they would want to waste us because they might think we're infected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?   what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

what would you do if a zombie outbreak happen?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next