Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Silent Hill -series

Go down 
+28
DXP
00biohazard
Killeret
Valentine Fan
PAULSAMSON
RebelliousQueen
Jilly
DeadlyGenetics
Bub537
Sargent D
The Knife
ThomVD
RaviorStygian
JamTyrantH
White Rock
Killer64
PixieSlick
Reede1991
Revan XI9
nekronuke
NEMESIS23
NiteKrawler
BOBLATHON
frodomir
Citers
Regenerator
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Silent Hill -series - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:42 am

Bub537 wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I never thought the series has gone downhill. Actually 4 and 5 are my favorite parts of the series.

No offense Mass but I can't really listen to your input on games seriously because generally you really love just downright bad games. Such as some of the RE spin-offs.
So you don't listen to him just because he doesn't always love the most popular games?

Not what I said. I said I don't listen to him because he raves up games that ARE bad in my opinion. But anyway, has anyone heard any news about another patch for the PS3 version of the SH Collection? Because I'm starting to lose hope.
So you don't listen to me because we share a different opinion? Well, suit yourself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:36 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
I should play the first SH for ps so I can then tackle the hd collection, Smile

You totally should. I wouldn't recommend buying the collection on PS3 though until they patch it again. But if your on 360 then by all means get it.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:07 am

I just heard that the future of Silent Hill might look dark.

Vatra Games, the developer of Silent Hill Downpour, could be closing it's door in the near future. The decision is not yet certain but if that does happen Konami might have to start looking for a new developer for the series. While Downpour was not an exceptional game it was a step to a right direction for the Silent Hill series.

[source]

On a side note, currently there's a Silent Hill spinoff being developed by WayForward called Book of Memories.

What's everyone's take on these news?
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:35 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I just heard that the future of Silent Hill might look dark.

Vatra Games, the developer of Silent Hill Downpour, could be closing it's door in the near future. The decision is not yet certain but if that does happen Konami might have to start looking for a new developer for the series. While Downpour was not an exceptional game it was a step to a right direction for the Silent Hill series.

[source]

On a side note, currently there's a Silent Hill spinoff being developed by WayForward called Book of Memories.

What's everyone's take on these news?

Considering what I've read and heard about the newer Silent Hill games (Haven't played anything except SH1 (Demo), SH 3, and Shattered Memories), I'm a little concerned about where they seem to be taking the series. A buddy of mine said it's starting to become more and more action-ish centered instead of survival horror (which are the ones I like to play.) So, kinda neutral right now.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:18 am

I've played Homecoming and Downpour (those are propably the new ones he was talking about) and I've really liked them, especially Homecoming. Downpour also seems like an average horror game and it does have some good survival horror going for it. I have actually thought that Downpour, while it's only an average game, has potential and could be a step in the right direction for survival horror and the older titles.
Back to top Go down
Killeret
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Killeret

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Once again, I feel like I've been trapped in the never ending world of shooter games enough to miss epic games right in front of my nose! Crying or Very sad Missing out on Survival Horror has made me oblivious to the psychological mind funk that is Silent Hill. Thank God, Youtube is my friend! Though, if I finally get the opportunity to play these games (as opposed to watching them), I'll probably get a heck of alot more scared. I've noticed in the past that that's how it always works.

Anyways, everyone always talks about 2 and 3, and I don't blame them, they are awesome games (from the walkthroughs I've seen), but Harry Mason went through hell in the first one. Just a normal guy who writes books, is suddenly is this screwed up nightmare. You just gotta love the voice acting in these old games! Laughing Silent Hill has genius puzzles that would give me a headache that's for sure, characters you'd get attached to, and as confusing as the story line is in most of them, you seem to somehow strangely understand most of it at the end. Every little detail turns out to be important. A series from some VERY creative people.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I've played Homecoming and Downpour (those are propably the new ones he was talking about) and I've really liked them, especially Homecoming. Downpour also seems like an average horror game and it does have some good survival horror going for it. I have actually thought that Downpour, while it's only an average game, has potential and could be a step in the right direction for survival horror and the older titles.

I agree, Downpour was awesome. SH for me is keeping survival horror alive.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:30 am

Bad news for anyone who bought the HD Collection for XBox 360. Konami has cancelled the patch for undisclosed reasons. They are, however, offering you a chance to exchange your game for another Konami title on their list found here, along with the article: [link]

Somehow I feel like they're giving up on the series :/ Who knows, Book of Memories might be the last SH game we'll get.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:50 am

From the OP, I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who found Homecoming solid. I now never touch that game. Got sick of it as I had to restart it so much. Sad

I really wanted that special gun that kills the enemies in one shot, but you can only obtain it after finishing the game once. I can't even do that. scratch
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:41 am

Homecoming is the one silent hill I have not completed because I really can't get into it(3rd attempt and i'm a little further than I was) I really want downpour though guess that will be a Christmas present...

@Mass the reason why they aren't patching it(wait for it).....is because the source code they used to make these ports was incomplete, yes Konami have lost the actual full game source code for both SH2 and 3 and used a crappy outdated set of code that's why there was so many bugs present in both versions because all they were doing was plugging up the holes in the code the best they could....i'm calling what a crock of shit Konami have gone downhill since Team Silent dissolved...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:37 am

I now added my thoughts on Downpour in the original post. I thought I was missing something.
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Cerberus
Cerberus
ozzman

Playstation Network xXLittleDragonXx

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Downpour scarred the shit out of me in the first 5 minutes ... its great so far, i've only played SH homecomming and now downpour
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:26 am

It scarred you? Ouch, that must've hurt D:
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:07 am

Damn if it scars you for life then I won't have to invest in it =P
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:28 pm

I think Silent Hill is more dead than the Resident Evil series. I mean yeah Resident Evil has turned into a third-person action shooter but at least we don't have shitty spinoffs that play like Diablo (Book of Memories). Not only can they not put out quality games anymore they even go back and butcher the good ones (HD Collection).
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Downpour was fine. So was homecoming.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm with Bio here. I did like Homecoming better than Downpour but still, it was a solid game.

I don't understand what's with the hate for Book of Memories? It's a spinoff, get over it. It's not like you are forced to play it.

The only thing I have against Konami on Silent Hill is that they really try to rush the games, which only results in bugs and glitches on release. HD Collection is fine and dandy now that it has been patched, though they only patched it for PS3.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
The only thing I have against Konami on Silent Hill is that they really try to rush the games, which only results in bugs and glitches on release. HD Collection is fine and dandy now that it has been patched, though they only patched it for PS3.

It's not fine and dandy because they're still problems with it even post-patch but at least it's playable.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:21 am

Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

It's not fine and dandy because they're still problems with it even post-patch but at least it's playable.
Unlike the 360 version, those bastards.

I assume they actually learned from HD Collection and Downpour and are now taking their time with Book of Memories instead of rushing it out.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:33 pm

i didnt notice any bugs in the 360 version of the hd collection. saying that ive only played silent hill 2 so far.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:58 am

I'm currently playing Downpour and Murphy is in this huge library, and there are these annoying "mannequin ghosts" that keep on giggling and attacking me. I'm also lost...

I managed to FINALLY complete Homecoming, albeit by cheating. I used Modio to get a game save which gave me Josh's space gun amid a save point in the prison and it's really awesome. Most bosses die within seconds. This was probably the most frustrating entry in the series after The Room. scratch
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:48 am

White Rock wrote:
I managed to FINALLY complete Homecoming, albeit by cheating. I used Modio to get a game save which gave me Josh's space gun amid a save point in the prison and it's really awesome. Most bosses die within seconds. This was probably the most frustrating entry in the series after The Room. scratch
Really? I thought the only real problem in it were the schisms, though they went down pretty easy with the shotgun. I should propably play through it again to get the machine gun and the ray gun.

Or, well, when I get my old saves back.
Back to top Go down
Albert Wes
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Albert Wes

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Silent Hill Homecoming is scary?Silent Hill -series - Page 7 Ug06bb93
I am playing it and it dont scary me...i only finish the downpour and when the first screamer apear i laughed so much man!
The first one i play as a kid so...i dont pass from the school.
Silent Hill -series - Page 7 Ug06bb93
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Silent Hill Homecoming isn't bad at all. Well, as for mine I just finished playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Creepy but I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Silent Hill Homecoming isn't bad at all. Well, as for mine I just finished playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Creepy but I enjoyed it.
Oooh! Did you like the twist ending? Honestly, it's one of the best endings I've ever seen in a game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill -series
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next