Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Silent Hill -series

Go down 
+28
DXP
00biohazard
Killeret
Valentine Fan
PAULSAMSON
RebelliousQueen
Jilly
DeadlyGenetics
Bub537
Sargent D
The Knife
ThomVD
RaviorStygian
JamTyrantH
White Rock
Killer64
PixieSlick
Reede1991
Revan XI9
nekronuke
NEMESIS23
NiteKrawler
BOBLATHON
frodomir
Citers
Regenerator
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

Silent Hill -series - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:53 pm

James' voice actor interview:

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2010/10/30/james-sunderland-speaks-tgl-interview-with-guy-cihi/

It was last year, but I'm sure some of you haven't read it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:25 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2010/10/30/james-sunderland-speaks-tgl-interview-with-guy-cihi/

I'm assuming this is the original voice actor. Have you found anything about the new voice acting, like are the original actors going to do them again?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

I'm assuming this is the original voice actor. Have you found anything about the new voice acting, like are the original actors going to do them again?
No, but the original voice actor says he plans on suing Konami soon because of somewhat "illegally" using him or something. Not sure I get it, but here's the article.

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/06/10/original-james-voice-actor-speaks-out-about-silent-hill-2-hd-re-casting/

It's such a shame too, because he said that he would willingly do it again, anytime.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Silent Hill is getting HD remastered versions similar to Resident Evil Revival Selection! Titled Silent Hill HD Collection it will feature both SH2 and SH3 and will be released on PS3 only. In addition to being HD remastered the games will be getting all new voice acting and trophy support.

Articles at [Gamespot] and [Gamesradar].

That's awesome. There are coming a lot of HD remakes. SotC and ICO, MGS, RE. TR, PoP and 'Beyond Good and Evil' are already released.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:27 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Silent Hill is getting HD remastered versions similar to Resident Evil Revival Selection! Titled Silent Hill HD Collection it will feature both SH2 and SH3 and will be released on PS3 only. In addition to being HD remastered the games will be getting all new voice acting and trophy support.

That's awesome. There are coming a lot of HD remakes. SotC and ICO, MGS, RE. TR, PoP and 'Beyond Good and Evil' are already released.
Apparently there's even going to be a Fatal Frame 2 remake.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:30 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

That's great Very Happy . I never played that game unfortunately. I did play 1 and 3 and those were awesome. Let's hope a RE2 REmake follows Smile . For what consoles?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:36 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

That's great Very Happy . I never played that game unfortunately. I did play 1 and 3 and those were awesome. Let's hope a RE2 REmake follows Smile .
Seems like this is actually going to be a full remake. It will be released on the Wii. Oh yeah, and a RE2 remake sure would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:52 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

That's great Very Happy . I never played that game unfortunately. I did play 1 and 3 and those were awesome. Let's hope a RE2 REmake follows Smile .
Seems like this is actually going to be a full remake. It will be released on the Wii. Oh yeah, and a RE2 remake sure would be awesome.

Damn. It's the same with the Metroid Prime trilogy. Also remade for wii only Crying or Very sad . I love MP. And yeah. Re2 remake (if they make it like the RE1 remake) is my biggest wish ever. RE2 is still my favorite RE game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:55 am

ThomVD wrote:
Damn. It's the same with the Metroid Prime trilogy. Also remade for wii only Crying or Very sad . I love MP.
The Metroids actually made sense as they are a Nintendo franchise but Fatal Frame isn't :/
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:56 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Damn. It's the same with the Metroid Prime trilogy. Also remade for wii only Crying or Very sad . I love MP.
The Metroids actually made sense as they are a Nintendo franchise but Fatal Frame isn't :/

Yeah, that's true, but I still hate it. And wasn't FF4 released in Japan for the Wii only?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:03 am

ThomVD wrote:
wasn't FF4 released in Japan for the Wii only?
It was, yeah. I really don't know why. The fans made a patch for it to work outside of Japan, though. They seem to be pretty stingy about letting these games overseas.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:09 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
It was, yeah. I really don't know why. The fans made a patch for it to work outside of Japan, though. They seem to be pretty stingy about letting these games overseas.

RE suddenly became nintendo exclusive too (with REmake and RE zero)
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:27 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

It did but Capcom revoked the exclusivity deal as they wanted to have RE4 on other platforms. They still kept the deal somewhat alive and have made a couple more Nintendo exclusive titles like the Chronicles and the new 3DS games.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:29 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

It did but Capcom revoked the exclusivity deal as they wanted to have RE4 on other platforms. They still kept the deal somewhat alive and have made a couple more Nintendo exclusive titles like the Chronicles and the new 3DS games.

It's strange that they never made a wii version for RE5 when RE4 on the wii was considered the best version.

Off topic: I'm replaying RE5 right now and it is even beter than I remembered it! Very Happy Survivor will arrive tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:23 am

ThomVD wrote:
It's strange that they never made a wii version for RE5 when RE4 on the wii was considered the best version.
I guess it was a hardware problem getting RE5 to work on Wii.

You got the Survivor already?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:46 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
You got the Survivor already?

Yeah, I'm gonna play it right now Very Happy !

Last edited by ThomVD on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 am

Woo! Just got Sinner's Reward and Past Life in mail! Past Life is a prequel to Downpour so I'm kinda excited to read it.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Psychadelicsnake has done some awesome Silent Hill LP's. Actually he's done a lot. Even RE games. And from what I've seen, I cant wait to watch them.

Here's his channel. Look at his playlists for the LP's. I think SH2 is at the top of the list:

https://www.youtube.com/user/pyschadelicsnake#p/c/25/dcvm5O5EOrQ
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:08 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Psychadelicsnake has done some awesome Silent Hill LP's. Actually he's done a lot. Even RE games. And from what I've seen, I cant wait to watch them.

Here's his channel. Look at his playlists for the LP's. I think SH2 is at the top of the list:

https://www.youtube.com/user/pyschadelicsnake#p/c/25/dcvm5O5EOrQ

We know about him. [link]
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:56 am

Old stuff from July 30th 2011:

TGL Interview on Silent Hill: Downpour with Producer Devin Shatsky

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/07/26/tgl-interview-producer-devin-shatsky-talks-silent-hill-downpour/

Update 3/11/11:

There will be a Silent Hill release for the first three months next year. HD Collection in January, Book of Memories for the Vita in February and finally Downpour in March.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:19 pm

In my opinion, The Room was the only SH game that properly, genuinely, made me cry like a small child. Seriously. The hospital, the beginning dream sequence, Henry's lack of visible emotion... all of it. Nightmare fuel.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:32 pm

A lot of people might not agree with me but my favorite SH game is Silent Hill 4, some parts of that game really gave me chills. affraid
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:24 am

It looks like Downpour and HD Collection are experiencing some difficulties with bugs and glitches. Sigh, I thought they had learned from Homecoming... Patches are on their way (at least for HD Collection) to fix the problems but it would be nice if developers actually finished their products before releasing them. Downpour is experiencing freezing and Silent Hill 2 seems to be having graphical issues. I haven't found much regarding SH3 so I assume at least that one works fine. Hopefully the patches are released when I finally get my copies of the games. Oh, and here's a source article on the whole matter: [source].

Downpour is receiving mixed reviews, where most of the negative ones complain about the bugs. Here's Rely on Horror's (quite positive) review on the game: [link]. It seems that Downpour has taken a lot of the best features from previous games and refined them. For example, the game implements the chase scenes from Shattered Memories, the use of weapons as tools from Homecoming and pretty much everything being usable as weapons from 0rigins. When the game finally gets patched it could be one of the best horror games thus far.

On a somewhat related note, here's a Let's Play where I play a SH related fan project: [link]

Just for the fun of it, here's a video that has a couple of glitches and easter eggs from Downpour. The last easter egg really blew my mind. It was amazing.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:36 am

Thinking of buying the original Silent Hill from the PSN. Had it years ago and never got round to finishing it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 am

Okay, a little update here: the HD Collection has been patched. The patch is not perfect but it gets the job done. By the way, it was only made for the PS3 version because the problems were more prominent there. No word on 360 patch yet.

A word from the SH facebook page, the upcoming European version will be released problem free so I guess they already applied the patches there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill -series
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next