Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Am I wasting my time? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Am I wasting my time? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Am I wasting my time? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Am I wasting my time? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Am I wasting my time? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Am I wasting my time? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Am I wasting my time? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Am I wasting my time? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Am I wasting my time? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Am I wasting my time?

Go down 
+6
Spike991
lyfesArcanum
Regenerator
NiteKrawler
PublicEnemy
Jamesy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Am I wasting my time? Empty
PostSubject: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Everyday I go on google and look up news on Residnet Evil 6? Since the game is so far of being released do you think I am wasting my time looking for info on the next Resident Evil game?
Back to top Go down
PublicEnemy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
PublicEnemy

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Id say its a bit too early to think about RE6,keep playing the 5 dude.(if you have it)
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 2:23 pm

It's never too early to look for info on an upcoming game. In reality though, Capcom isn't even thinking about RE 6 yet. They aren't sure if they are going to make one and they said if they do make another one it will take a minimum of 4 years or up to 8. I'd say it'll be almost a decade before we see another "real" RE.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 4:10 pm

it is probably way too early to get into RE6...wait a little more yet
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:50 pm

RE6? Yeah, a bit too early. Capcom has other things going on at the moment. Lost Planet 2, the release of Biocommando ( I think it's called) and I think I read something about DMC 5 as well.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 1:30 am

To be honest, yes you would probably be wasting your time doing that, you should just freshen up on previous titles, or even start a a topic to theorize what RE6 might be like.Smile
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 7:09 am

Spike991 wrote:
To be honest, yes you would probably be wasting your time doing that, you should just freshen up on previous titles, or even start a a topic to theorize what RE6 might be like.Smile
Already got one of those. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:27 am

Too early... Nobody can build even 2D game in few months... First its modern time... They are doing big job with graphics and models too...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:01 pm

Theres rumors/news about a RE reboot. But, No news about an actual Sequel.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 1:23 am

ChrisSherry wrote:
Theres rumors/news about a RE reboot. But, No news about an actual Sequel.
I also read a rumor a while back about a new Outbreak file exclusive to the PSP.
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:13 pm

RE doesn't need a REBOOT, it needs to go BACK (in a sense). I feel like my series has abandoned me and gone into a direction that I didn't want to go into.

I think my Fanship ended with 5.

To me Resident Evil is dead. i don't want it to be that way, i don't want to be one of those fans that whines about how RE5 was done all wrong and how the only connection it has to the heart & soul of Resident Evil is the Name and the names of the characters. But... I just don't like it anymore. Everything I loved about RE is gone.

If they do "REBOOT" RE6 this is what I'm seeing. Maybe....

RESIDENT EVIL 6 (senerio 1: moving back to the roots)
- Bring back zombies and make them fast /or/ use ganados/majini but make them decay like zombies, lol.
- bring inventory back
- bring back item boxes back or something vaguely similar to replace them
- Element of FEAR has been brought back.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 (senerio 2: moving forward)
- Gears of War + Las Plagas /or/ Dead Space plus Las Plagas
- More shallow, rushed through levels without imagination or memorable ambience
- More run and gun gameplay requiring only a quick trigger finger.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:17 pm

Welcome Voltius. And in response to your comment about the shallow levels...I think RE 5 had some of the best levels. To be honest, a lot of the environments from the older games were extremely generic and not memorable at all.
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:33 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Welcome Voltius. And in response to your comment about the shallow levels...I think RE 5 had some of the best levels. To be honest, a lot of the environments from the older games were extremely generic and not memorable at all.

My mistake. You are Right.

RE5's levels were GORGEOUS... but it felt like gameplay wise we rushed through them and nothing special was really done with them. We literally saw them once and that was it, where as in other RE titles, we were introduced to an area, and saw that area change dramatically over a period of time. We would see the areas decay or change during the game. New enemies would be introduced to the area or dogs would bust into the area, or it would be dark and raining later on. It was cool. It was scary.

It's like... hey... I remember this place.. Uh oh... something changed...

RE5 felt extremely Linear where as in the others I got to go into different rooms/doors. Even in RE4 you could go all around the map out of order at certain times.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:34 pm

Voltius wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

My mistake. You are Right.

RE5's levels were GORGEOUS... but it felt like gameplay wise we rushed through them and nothing special was really done with them. We literally saw them once and that was it, where as in other RE titles, we were introduced to an area, and saw that area change dramatically over a period of time. We would see the areas decay or change during the game. New enemies would be introduced to the area or dogs would bust into the area, or it would be dark and raining later on. It was cool. It was scary.

It's like... hey... I remember this place.. Uh oh... something changed...
Were you involved in the development of RE5? Some of the wording in your posts indicates so.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:35 pm

Defnintly bring back zomibies in Re6 and Crimson Heads Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:45 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Were you involved in the development of RE5? Some of the wording in your posts indicates so.

Naaa. I wish. But I am starting a career in Media Analysis, specifically Video Games and Movies, not just criticizing but analyzing what went right and what went wrong, then selling the data to others. My site Blockberg.com is hopefully *crosses fingers* going to be launched this year.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:06 pm

I see what you are saying. It wasn't the levels themselves as much as what was actually done with the levels. I get it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:26 pm

Yeah, it's like the world's most beautiful woman being a Janitor her whole life... Lots of lost potential.
RE5 = Oh what could have been... *sigh*

RE6 should be less linear. I don't mean make us backtrack the whole time but allow me to go back towards the begining areas, each time I go back... give me a surprise or two, change the weather, add a new element that wasn't there before. Make me work to progress, don't just give it to me.

===3 things RE6 should avoid===
- becoming a first person shooter
- taking place in space
- time travel
- super powers
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:52 am

I think things should begin being less "static" in new RE games. Like you said, have things change.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:39 pm

Voltius wrote:
give me a surprise or two, change the weather, add a new element that wasn't there before.

They gave us broad daylight, with extreme light, it was nice, but some people complained about that too, but I thought it was good.Smile
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Voltius wrote:
give me a surprise or two, change the weather, add a new element that wasn't there before.

They gave us broad daylight, with extreme light, it was nice, but some people complained about that too, but I thought it was good.Smile

I mean DURING the game. If you could revisit areas and instead of the Bright Sunlight it would be raining or dark. Re-invest more time into the environments. Not just create beautiful towns and only show them once. RE5 just zipped us along, we saw an area once and that was that, there were no real puzzles to solve that involved any sort of back tracking. It was progression all the way. RE4 had the perfect balance of NOT Back-Tracking but Re-Visiting an area (running through it again) only this time there's a significant change.

Don't force progress on the player, let the player earn progress. Otherwise the game just feels like a Rushed Tour of Africa rather than being Immersed in the African environment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I wasting my time?   Am I wasting my time? Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I wasting my time?
Page 1 of 1